• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

Oh god. Splatterscope with a two dmg up mains kills at the same time as squiffer with 230 range as opposed the squiffers 180.
Yeah, the whole damage up thing basically killed the squiffer's intended advantage.
I seriously think like half of my deaths those games were from you
Dunno about that, but I had a pretty good run tonight.
I think you took me down more than anyone else, though I did get taken down a lot of times by sneaky brushes when I was focusing on someone else. I need to work on that.

Man I am getting non stop com errors right now :(. Can't get a match.

I took my Ninja Squid shirt off and it's hit me for the first time how much slower you are with it. Don't think I'll be wearing it anymore tbh.
I'm using a swim speed up main on my ninja builds to counter the ninja speed nerf. Dunno how well that compares to standard swim speed.

Oof. That's one of those maps I don't really mind for Splat Zones but I avoid Tower Control on that map like the plague. All that corridor play really messed me up.

Been trying the buffet of longer-ranged weapons tonight (Splattershot Pros, Jet Squelchers, Nozzlenose) and found that they don't really play that well on Moray Towers. Kinda surprised. I thought they would do a little better with those hallways and stuff. It's hard to get those snipers when they're perched and the vertical jumpdowns lead to a lot of quick splat times that these weapons tend to lack. I kinda liked the Custom Jet Squelcher on Moray since it has the Kraken, though. The Forge Splattershot Pro is decent for Inkzooka'ing the snipers. I like how if you're standing at the bottom and hop, you can juuuust barely clip over the wall and get people up there.

Port Mackerel Tower Control is giving me very bad thoughts of TF2's payload on small maps like Goldrush and Hoodoo....

I do use the long ranged shooter like .96 gal from time to time on TC because of things like the Slash Wall, but that doesn't stop the map from being a whole chokefest like the majority of popular TF2 maps.

Personally, I like the open maps because of how mush places there are to ink, and because chargers rule on rank.

Heng

Be honest with me. Do I suck? My team lose every time.
I don't think I've played with you, but a good exercise to get better is asking yourself why you died/lost, and things you could have done to not die or lose. Ask yourself if you're being too predictable or if charging into a firefight is a smart decision. Try not to blame your team and assume you'll always get bad teammates. If you could record yourself, that would be even better to see what you could've done to win.

I don't think I've played with you, but a good exercise to get better is asking yourself why you died/lost, and things you could have done to not die or lose. Ask yourself if you're being too predictable or if charging into a firefight is a smart decision. Try not to blame your team and assume you'll always get bad teammates. If you could record yourself, that would be even better to see what you could've done to win.

I never blame on my team. I tend to blame myself, maybe I'm just a noob at this moment. Thanks for the advices. I just switched clothing and weapon though. So I'm trying thenm out and see.

WALKMAN04

yep, still keeping max rank after 20 or so games. Feeling better now
Oh you finally decided to defend it, matches are more tense when you got something to lose. This is how my defending of my max rank usually goes, I start off by winning like 5 straight then I lose a bunch of games in succession to drop down to like 50 or so then boost it back up. Also for some reason I have no problem at all boosting back up using the forge pro on tower control. Next step for you is to defend it with different weapons :p

I never blame on my team. I tend to blame myself, maybe I'm just a noob at this moment. Thanks for the advices. I just switched clothing and weapon though. So I'm trying thenm out and see.
Never blaming teammates is unhealthy. You gotta learn when to call somebody out in your head for your sanity. lol

That said, I have no problems admitting when I die at a bad time near the end and all but cost my team the game. Oops.

I'm not blaming others but my team have lost every fucking single time for the past hour. I tried switching weapons and combos. Apparently I need more practice escaping. Ugh.

Ranked or turf war? What weapon? What scenarios are you finding yourself dying at the most? Are you having 2 or more squids aiming at you?

Ranked or turf war? What weapon? What scenarios are you finding yourself dying at the most? Are you having 2 or more squids aiming at you?

Fuck Ranked. I always lose. Stuck with C since when the game was released so I gave up on ranked.

Turf War. 89 NES red shooter. I tried sniper but suck with it so I stick with "turfing".

I think my main problem is when I shoot at somebody they ALWAYS evade and end up killing me. Every fucking single time. I need to learn how to evade and escape.

Jims

I have a bad habit of switching to exactly the opposite of what I'm playing, to try to clear my mood. Angry about my .96 Gal game tonight? Let's play some Tentatek for awhile!

That almost always goes poorly for me because I'm already frustrated and am now trying to shove a square peg into a round hole. Switching to a similar (sometimes more gimmicky) weapon usually makes me feel a little better. I like going to the Custom Jet Squelcher a lot because I can keep my range-y play, BUT I CAN FINALLY GET BACK AT THOSE EVIL STEALTH ROLLERS WHO PLAGUE ME, WITH MY KRAKEN!!!!!!! FEEL MY WRATH, RANDOMS!

(Also the Octobrush is a fun switch. That weapon is just plain fun to use.) :D

Violet_0

Banned
Oh you finally decided to defend it, matches are more tense when you got something to lose. This is how my defending of my max rank usually goes, I start off by winning like 5 straight then I lose a bunch of games in succession to drop down to like 50 or so then boost it back up. Also for some reason I have no problem at all boosting back up using the forge pro on tower control. Next step for you is to defend it with different weapons :p

well people in the GAF room seemed to be pretty annoyed so I thought I should play ranked again for a while. Atm I don't really plan on picking up any other weapon while I still experience lag, but at least I'm using the normal boring E-Liter for Turf Wars now

gotta say it feels kind of pointless winning the first couple matches and not getting anything. Dropped slightly after that but I performed quite well in nearly all the matches. I really need S ranks to have something to work towards to

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Yo guys, now that my account is finally validated (just in time for the august update too), I thought I'd introduce myself and hopefully add some of you squids as friends! My NNID is Mellopillow but my mii name is Emil, so add me if you have room~ I played with some of you guys before in GuySloth and Heng's rooms so I hope I can play with you guys some more haha

Fuck Ranked. I always lose. Stuck with C since when the game was released so I gave up on ranked.

Turf War. 89 NES red shooter. I tried sniper but suck with it so I stick with "turfing".

I think my main problem is when I shoot at somebody they ALWAYS evade and end up killing me. Every fucking single time. I need to learn how to evade and escape.

Have you tried ambushing more? That tends to work. You can also shoot for a few shots and if that doesn't work, reposition and try again. Strafing is another thing you can try while shooting. I need to see you in action to help more.

Are you constantly getting spawn camped or stuck on your side of the map? Some maps make it almost impossible to take back the middle once you've been pushed back. I don't know the rotation right now. Are you on gyro or sticks? Some people have better luck with one over the other. If on Gyro, try adjusting the sensitivity.

Yo guys, now that my account is finally validated (just in time for the august update too), I thought I'd introduce myself and hopefully add some of you squids as friends! My NNID is Mellopillow but my mii name is Emil, so add me if you have room~ I played with some of you guys before in GuySloth and Heng's rooms so I hope I can play with you guys some more haha

Oh hey, you're the guy who Dynamo'd me around the corner in the hallway at Arowana that one time. I tried going slower because I had a feeling someone was there, but I forgot to stop and check the corner. =P

Anyways, welcome and enjoy your stay. Guy Sloth is actually waiting for his account to get validated.

Just do what I do and constantly run away like a wuss. If you make sure you always have an escape route then you're generally only fucked if somebody who shouldn't be behind you is behind you for some reason. This is very common on Arowana Mall.

EDIT: To clarify, when I'm not salty as hell (thanks GAF for making that impossible) I go for the kill and if I miss I run away. All bets are off when I'm salty though, sorry team :(

Nico_D

current standings:

best map
1) Kelp Dome (really, GAF?)
2-3) Blackbelly Skatepark/Moray Towers

Yeah, Kelp Dome is not a bad map and can be really fun in Splatzone if everybody know what they're doing (yeah, right) but it's annoying in Tower Control because of the walkways.

Blackbelly Skatepark is ok. Moray Towers is great for Splatzone, not so much for Tower Control. But it's an unique map.

worst map
1) Arowana Mall (people really don't like the chokepoint, eh)
2) Port Mackerel
3) Urchin Underpass

That is surprising since I think Arowana Mall is one of the best maps. Tower Control is at it's best there, Splatzone can turn a bit crowded and confusing.

Port Mackerel is also a terrific map in all the modes. Why, Gaf?

Agree on Urchin Underpass though. It sucks.

yeah, my team's kill score: 0, 0, 1, 9 (<me)

What a relief. I was scared you answer would like "me: 36".

J@hranimo

Banned

Emil? Hmm that name does look familiar...nonetheless welcome! I'll add you in a sec.

Emil? Hmm that name does look familiar...nonetheless welcome! I'll add you in a sec.

He played in a GAF room a couple of days ago IIRC.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
He played in a GAF room a couple of days ago IIRC.

Yea, I played with you guy's just recently I think xD I remember BlueSilver since your mii name is the same, but I think I can assume Jahranimo was JahraGaf right? haha thanks for the add! I'll add some of you guys using the spread sheet too

Heng

Welcome to Gaf, you can join us in posting salty replies and tell us how much you hate blasters. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Geg

I've come to the sad conclusion that a lot of krak-on rollers don't use their beakons especially in ranked.

WHY

Yeah I'm always surprised by how few beakons there are in games with Krak-on rollers considering how popular the weapon is. Most beakon use comes from other weapons with it.

Today one of the randoms I played against had the custom dual squelcher but never used the beakons. Like, why even use the custom variant if you're not going to use the beakons? For killer wail? Over echolocator?

J@hranimo

Banned
Yeah I'm always surprised by how few beakons there are in games with Krak-on rollers considering how popular the weapon is. Most beakon use comes from other weapons with it.

Today one of the randoms I played against had the custom dual squelcher but never used the beakons. Like, why even use the custom variant if you're not going to use the beakons? For killer wail? Over echolocator?

Yeah, it really blows my mind. Like I was in a match before this rotation and had two krak-ons on my team and I never saw a single beakon and we got dominated. It sucks.

Azure J

So, with another day of (hilaribad) streaming done, I've made some choice highlights of fun moments in game:

Fresh Water Squid: A tactical escape goes hilariously awry in the middle of Camp Triggerfish splat zones. At least I know everyone there realizes that anything is better than leaving other team ink everywhere in the zone.

Azure Wins By Doing Absolutely Nothing: What do you do when you shoot the shit with a stream chat full of SplatGAF's lovely personalities as you clamber out of a B+ landfill you dug yourself into? Nothing.
Well Inkstrikes, yeah, but mostly nothing.
Works every time.

Azure Wins By Doing Everything... And Then Some: At around 3 minutes in, pause and mute the video, start this: Guile_Theme_CPS2.mp3 while unpausing the video and continue watching.

Best Trade&#8482;: Self explanatory. Another day, another Azure vs. SM239 highlight.

E-Liter Savagery: What I wouldn't give to be this consistent with this weapon. Things of note:

- Blak_Status is magnetized to my half charges
- 1:33 was like a moment of divine intuition. The FoV closing in actually does well to keep me scared as fuck of things popping up in the outer part before zooming in and with good reason.
- 1:35 HARDEST. READ.
- 2:17 Azure the inkling has a fondness for Sea Bass dropping it seems.
- 3:15 ayy lmao

Tentarekt&#8482;: A casual round of Turf Wars with the Tentatek Splattershot. Remember, it's all fun and games unless someone pulls out the gold Aerospray. On a side note, why exactly don't I use this more?

Oh snap, it's Pink Polo Bro! :D

Welcome.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
I definitely recognize the name Emil but don't remember specific about you heh. Welcome though!

thanks! I remember the name Geg and Dual Squelchers for some reason haha

Welcome to Gaf, you can join us in posting salty replies and tell us how much you hate blasters. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I've never really been THAT salty in splatoon, (except sometimes in ranked ._.) even against you and your chargers heng lol, I like maneuvering against chargers, it's fun~

First time playing the camp, and I have no idea how to ink anything.

I usually ink the base and get my special charged up and go all the way straight to the top. There you can go up the bridge, not to the right, but straight ahead where the top of the floodgates of the other team is, and ink any enemy ink I see. Usually at this time there are no enemies since they are too busy inking the other side lol

Oh snap, it's Pink Polo Bro! :D

Welcome.

Oh whaa, a fellow Abercrombie & Shrimp shopper? :D and a takamaru fan? (btw, I want him in smash soooooo bad) lol nice meeting ya~

I've never really been THAT salty in splatoon, (except sometimes in ranked ._.) even against you and your chargers heng lol, I like maneuvering against chargers, it's fun~

For some reason I'm a bit sad that we didn't meet when I was using the Charger. Anyways, while I main the Charger, my second mains are bombs. Yes, I'm serious when I say I main the bombs. =D It's hard to play a weapon without bombs.

That was the silver one though. Doomed to second place eternally I'm afraid. :lol

We need to sniper duel more often, Azure. You've pretty much gotten to the point where it's fun to go against you. =D

Jintor

lUDSBL.gif

Geg

Azure Wins By Doing Absolutely Nothing: What do you do when you shoot the shit with a stream chat full of SplatGAF's lovely personalities as you clamber out of a B+ landfill you dug yourself into? Nothing.
Well Inkstrikes, yeah, but mostly nothing.
Works every time.

Azure Wins By Doing Everything... And Then Some: At around 3 minutes in, pause and mute the video, start this: Guile_Theme_CPS2.mp3 while unpausing the video and continue watching.

Wow you fell down hard back into B+. Did you make it out?

ryechu

I just tried the squelchers for the first time. I like them better than the gals. Sorry for the people in my games. I was testing out silly impractical shit.

Top Bottom