• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Naar

I had so much fun in this game until splatfest :(

I mean splatfest is fun too but so many issues and was able to achieve max rank despite the issues but still

- the lag is unbelievable

I went from playing one of the smoothest online games ever to a horrible lag fest almost every game. the disconnects were pretty much every other game

- 1 vs 4

Look above. many matches were played like that

- forcing you to wear a piece of gear

this is a competitive game and i had no idea i was force to wear this shirt for splatfest. Not a big issue or anything, but whats the point of making us grind for our gear and unlock abilities when we end up having to wear something else?

- the unbalanced match making

many times i was in a game where it was lvl 6 7 and 9 and me at 20 vs a team of 20s. come on....

Also and kinda unrelated to the above posts, why am i playing with so many shitty players all of a sudden in splatfest? ranked matches were usually pretty good all day
those were the main things for me. I really liked that if a team continues to play with you you stay with the same team until the leave or most likely disconnect in this case :p

hope nintendo irons out some of these issues and patch in voice chat

DaBoss

Have people had cat vs cat matches? I've only seen people posting about dog vs dog. Here I thought cats would be the most popular. Glad I'm wrong.

Also, team cat definitely are cheating with their laggy rollers and forcing comm errors to split up the teams on team dog. The laggy rollers got so bad when I was playing earlier, I made this Miiverse post: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkPJmdOpg

"Scooby-doo doesn't rike the raggy rollers team cat has."

Running into invincible players now. Lag is nuts

Had 2 games in the bag despite that and dc'd both times. Why couldn't this game be bad so I wouldn't bother? ;_;

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
And DC'd at the end of a dominating match... before results.

Welp, back to carrying teams again.

The network was great this morning but the afternoon has been a mess of disconnects and 3vs4 man teams. I went from having an 18 hot streak around noon to being at 5 now :(

Zing

Banned
I'm team cat and seeing pretty much the same thing you dog lovers are. My team wins every time. Even my daughter is wrecking team dog at level 11 with random gear. I think there are just a LOT of newbies and scrubs online today. It's fine. We still have fun.

More likely people still just waking up and starting to play. I went to bed last night as a Cat Fiend.

Is it the same three stages through the whole splatfest?
In Japan it was. No rotation would explain why there are 3 stages for Splatfest. Gives me less hope for perma 3 stages, really.

Chaos17

I had so much fun in this game until splatfest :(

I mean splatfest is fun too but so many issues and was able to achieve max rank despite the issues but still

- the lag is unbelievable

I went from playing one of the smoothest online games ever to a horrible lag fest almost every game. the disconnects were pretty much every other game

- 1 vs 4

Look above. many matches were played like that

- forcing you to wear a piece of gear

this is a competitive game and i had no idea i was force to wear this shirt for splatfest. Not a big issue or anything, but whats the point of making us grind for our gear and unlock abilities when we end up having to wear something else?

- the unbalanced match making

many times i was in a game where it was lvl 6 7 and 9 and me at 20 vs a team of 20s. come on....

Also and kinda unrelated to the above posts, why am i playing with so many shitty players all of a sudden in splatfest? ranked matches were usually pretty good all day
those were the main things for me. I really liked that if a team continues to play with you you stay with the same team until the leave or most likely disconnect in this case :p

hope nintendo irons out some of these issues and patch in voice chat
You should report your problems to Nintendo support, people said it helped them.

I've had lots if dog vs dog matches. Sounds like things aren't running as smoothly in Europe? Pacific Northwest America here, not as consistently smooth as normal but still nothing close to what some others are describing. Splatfest is cool, and I dig the night aesthetic. I hope 3 map rotation is here to stay.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Holy shit, 84.9%?- 5.9%. 16-0 k/D.

They didn't leave their base after the first 45 seconds.

Go team dogs!

Have people had cat vs cat matches? I've only seen people posting about dog vs dog. Here I thought cats would be the most popular. Glad I'm wrong.

Also, team cat definitely are cheating with their laggy rollers and forcing comm errors to split up the teams on team dog. The laggy rollers got so bad when I was playing earlier, I made this Miiverse post: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkPJmdOpg

"Scooby-doo doesn't rike the raggy rollers team cat has."
Looking forward to contributing to the lag later. :)

Funny story: Sometimes playing with randoms instead of GAF seems to magically cure my internet connection. What a coinkydink!

Totakeke

Halfway through to King with my alt.

Watching the girl inklings dance I'm pretty impressed that their tentacles don't clip with their hands.

Zemm

Bullshit that the one day since the game came out that I can't play is today. Could really do with the shells too :'(

How many shells will I get just for voting?

Xeteh

Finally hit king/queen. Had some strings of terrible teams/disconnects that really tried my patience but now I'm done. I expected to have trouble finding time to play today but now i don't have to worry about it.

Yeah, I'm done. I was having a ton of fun earlier but now I can't even complete a match anymore. I checked my network and everything is fine on my end.

At least I got to Cat King first.

Top Bottom