• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

phanphare

Banned
omg this mode is tense as fuck

our team got our counter down to 4 and they stopped us then they got down to our 5 and we stopped them, then we just kept going back and forth for the last minute until it ended and we won

having success with the vanilla splattershot paired with tenacity main, special duration up main, and stealth jump main but the stealth jump subs are all special charge up. liking the burst bombs a lot in this mode.

RagnarokX

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

So I start a match and immediately my team loses a player. 3 against 4 in ranked tower control. Fucking great.

With like a minute left on the clock we manage to push the tower 1 point closer than the other team did. The other team got control and pushed it all the way up to their furthest point in overtime right before we managed to stop them. My team won by 1 point. 0_0

Ozium

this mode is pissing me off because I feel like all the weapons I am accustomed to using from Turf Wars and Splat Zones are fucking garbage

but maybe...

I am fucking garbage.

:(

Geg

Anyway, I played four games before calling it quits, won three and lost one. Tons of suction bombs, not any blasters thankfully. Back up to B 50.

Amazing, fun, stressful mode. The game I lost it felt like their team had five members or something, they were all over the map and everywhere I wanted to be. At one point there was a suction bomb rush and two inkzookas going off and the game slowed to a crawl lol

WALKMAN04

A little late to the party, but I'm hopping in now to play some tower control. Probably going to say goodbye to my maxed rank.

RagnarokX

Earlier I had a match where I was riding the tower. Took out all 4 of the enemy team myself and rode the tower into the goal. Feels good, man.

Tuck

This mode is pretty sick. Lots of back and forth. Just wish all three modes were available at once.

This mode is pretty sick. Lots of back and forth. Just wish all three modes were available at once.

I'm telling 'ya, fear of splitting the userbase this early. Once the game has a solid amount of players (probably after August update) I think they may cave if we pressure them on that.

Also - is Underpass still worst map?

Zing

Banned
I'm using Splattershot for the suction bomb and inksooka. Gear is comeback and quick respawn on mains, with triple defense on subs. I've won every match since 10pm. Currently A- rank.

Speaking of inksooka, I am so embarrassed. I had a match where my team was coasting for an instant victory. I was alone on the tower 2 points away from the win. I used inksooka and the kickback knocked me off. :( haha. We still won but it took longer than it should have.

Robotguy

Going to go with comeback, quick respawn, swim speed.
Haven't leveled any quick respawn or swim speed gear though. :\

JavyOO7

Wow, I made it to C rank. First time trying ranked too tonight. This mode is great. I don't even bother trying to get in the tower. I let my team do that and I just run around hoping to splat people before they try to get near my team's tower.

Azure J

Earlier I had a match where I was riding the tower. Took out all 4 of the enemy team myself and rode the tower into the goal. Feels good, man.

This was the best part of my four or five matches so far. Now if only my net situation would fix up so I can play this some more.

Tuck

The shield is *really* useful, and its such a cramped space that you're bound to give it to your teammates too.

J@hranimo

Banned
Which is the best map so far? People are hogging the TV, can't play until tomorrow ;-;

I think the Warehouse as you'd expect is great to get the ebb and flow of Tower Control, but Underpass makes the game mode more hectic and slightly more strategic with the map design. Plus, they added a block to each area where you wouldn't be able to access their side of the map.

I can't imagine how insane this will be on Saltspray Rig though o_O

Doing that in Splat Zones is so good too. Kill four people by surprise, cap the zone, and not letting go 'til the end. Went 25-3 a match in Mackerel being a goddamn barrier, and swerving around so much I forgot I had the beacons lmao.

I think the Warehouse as you'd expect is great to get the ebb and flow of Tower Control, but Underpass makes the game mode more hectic and slightly more strategic with the map design. Plus, they added a block to each area where you wouldn't be able to access their side of the map.

I can't imagine how insane this will be on Saltspray Rig though o_O

Bluefin Depot too, gonna be insane. But so now you can get to the enemy base by climbing the other wall in Underpass? What are the general changes to the maps?

J@hranimo

Banned
Bluefin Depot too, gonna be insane. But so now you can get to the enemy base by climbing the other wall in Underpass? What are the general changes to the maps?

On the Warehouse they added a block where you can ink up on the high perch on each side.

On Underpass they also added a block so you can go to the other team's base area without going through the middle or the sniper hallway.

Very nice changes!

Tuck

Can't you get knocked off the platform if the shield is hit?
Yes, it happens. But its better than being dead. You can swing around and shoot at people then climb back up top. And if there's multiple people up top, at least one will stay there.

tkscz

Holy crap that was incredibly fun. Tower battler is so high octane that I can't seem to come down from the amazingness of it. Seriously though, blasters are pretty much the only good weapon in this mode.

Top Bottom