• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

Aerosprays actually seem like they might be useful for this, because the team I lost to had at least two of them and they were able to ink up the entire middle area making going back through there a real pain and giving them plenty of places to hide.

Also one guy went Kraken while on the tower and just sat there riding it for several seconds lol

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Quadruple killed the team at the outset on Walleye, died getting the 4th kill. Team is nowhere near the tower.

Hard to win with nincompoop teammates.

Regiruler

Ok that's enough stress for me, I get to keep my A+99 no problemo
tumblr_inline_nak4qrOH6k1qzgr17.gif

RedFyn

Get away from with your Killer Wail's reign of terror (gonna be super useful in Tower Control)
I'm actually considering going against everything I stand for and using the kraken. I just get into to many spots where it would come in handy in this game mode. The wail is nice but the immobility really hurts it when I'm in the thick of things.

thefro

Mode's excellent, as I expected. Like how the maps are designed to where you can jump off the tower to take out enemies on higher ground.

Blaster's definitely really good on these first two maps because they're fairly cramped compared to others, and you can shoot a couple times over the tower and wipe it.

Mines and suction bombs are good subs, but some folks were having success with grenades as well. Bubbler's also great if you use it at the right time as special.

Charger will probably get a lot of use on the more open maps and be deadly.

Like Payload in TF2, sometimes you have to take a death in this mode to stop the tower or push it a bit forward.

Seems like you want one person on the tower, one person near it/sometimes riding it, and the other two pushing forward to clear a path. You can pick off a lot of people shooting at the side of the tower to squid up it.

I'm actually considering going against everything I stand for and using the kraken. I just get into to many spots where it would come in handy in this game mode. The wail is nice but the immobility really hurts it when I'm in the thick of things.

Yeah, definitely, there's a higher trade-off here, but one set Killer Wail and you are almost guaranteed taking the tower back.

Grakl

Why now? The rollers are some of the best weapons in Splat Zones.

Ehh, puts me off from ever using it in Tower Control. The weapon is already easy enough to use as it is in other modes.
Yeah, quad kills are pretty easy with blaster in this mode because everyone congregates to one spot (which I don't recommend)

I also am convinced that blaster shots can be shot, because I see mine disappear instantly when I have a bunch of people shooting at/near me in this mode

I wouldn't say blaster is good in turf war, though

Anteo

Oh my god, I just won a game by overtime, by squid jumping into the tower and survivig for 3 seconds, just enough for the tower to pass the enemy record

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
We need "you stay" and "I'll go ahead" commands.

Too many times will a team take over the tower only to abandon it thinking someone will stay with it.

Grakl

We need "you stay" and "I'll go ahead" commands.

Too many times will a team take over the tower only to abandon it thinking someone will stay with it.
Yup. The tower resets back to neutral if no one is in it, so sometimes I'm thinking what da fuck lol

Zing

Banned
I'm at 17 wins 3 losses. I'm going to be lose a lot of rank when this switches back to splat zones.

Geg

Ugh, the game keeps disconnecting me saying I don't have an internet connection. At least it's not happening during ranked matches, but still really annoying

Ugh, the game keeps disconnecting me saying I don't have an internet connection. At least it's not happening during ranked matches, but still really annoying

You're only thinking you're posting here on GAF, but you aren't. Your post didn't go through because of your lack of internet connection. (you're imagining this post as well)

I know, totally sucks :|

J@hranimo

Banned
I think I may actually start using something that has the bubbler. I don't know what it'll be yet, but I'll figure it out tomorrow...

I think I may actually start using something that has the bubbler. I don't know what it'll be yet, but I'll figure it out tomorrow...

It all goes back to the Jr. It's the circle of Splatoon.
(Is anyone gonna stay 'til the next rotation to see more maps in TC? Heh)

Malus

This mode is awesome lol. My first knockout victory comes against a team of 4 dynamos.

edit: I was hiding behind the little bar on top for like 10-15 ticks as they tried to swat me lol.

I got a communication error AFTER I won a game... Lost my rank because of it

I'm fucking pissed!

GAME!
over

Yeah, it's bullshit. Just add a damn toggle and only make you lose points if you DC while you're losing, and a toggle for victory so that if you dc after you won you still get the points. (I mean, it's not as easy as I make it sound but it's not gonna be really hard at all either)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Fucking kraken squatting on the tower. As if rollers weren't annoying enough as it is...

Is Blue/Yellow a new color combination for Tower Control? Don't recall seeing it in Splat Zones so far.

E: Ah, my bad, there's that
scroll
with all the color combinations already. Nevermind.

Top Bottom