• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Ozium

me and a teammate kill enemies, get control of tower, get killed by 4 man rush, other 2 teammates nowhere to be seen

every.

fucking.

time.

why can't I spam "COME THE FUCK ON" while respawning?

fuck this mode, fuck this game... breaking my disc in half

gg splatgaf

On the Warehouse they added a block where you can ink up on the high perch on each side.

On Underpass they also added a block so you can go to the other team's base area without going through the middle or the sniper hallway.

Very nice changes!

Niiiice. Can't wait until I actually get the chance to play it.

jepense

Played two games of tower with C crowd (I'm B). Won both, with about 25-10 splats. A lot of players were just standing next to the tower firing up not looking behind them. I also managed to wipe out the whole enemy team with an inkzooka at the end of one of the games. It was fun! The key to winning seems to be again controlling the area, but the area you need to control moves all the time.

In other news, I finally beat the single player mode yesterday. Such an intense last boss!

Violet_0

Banned
okay, what worked for me is switching to carbon roller and just go for the kills

dynamo rollers are pretty stupid in this mode, rapid blaster might be worth a try

trixx

Okay yeah Blaster with shield is messed had 2 on the team and cruised into the other team's base

They'll probably nerf the length of the shield. I could see 4 blasters w/ shield for this mode on a team.

Geg

Tried playing some regular turf war matches and my wii u decides I don't have an internet connenction. Okay

-Horizon-

You can.

A full charge splat charger should knock you off

In theory, but I can't seem to do it. It's not so easy when there are two dudes on the tower.

Thats what I thought. That push back is ridiculous.

Yes, it happens. But its better than being dead. You can swing around and shoot at people then climb back up top. And if there's multiple people up top, at least one will stay there.
I've had a moment where we got rushed and everyone 'abandoned' the tower lol

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Holy shit, how'd we pull that off :lol

You still using the splattershot jr, I'm using it right now on tower control, I won but still feel I can't use this weapon on this mode forever.

I'm getting accustomed to it, won 80% of my matches so far, and was on top that last one. Just gotta use the bubble and spacing!

ryechu

ok people need to learn the hierarchy of riders. When we are in the final 5 points on walleye warehouse i cant be the rider any more as a charger. I have no angles. Meanwhile dynamo idiot is sitting behind the tower splashing at my back instead of swapping positions with me as their dead team respawns.

ok people need to learn the hierarchy of riders. When we are in the final 5 points on walleye warehouse i cant be the rider any more as a charger. I have no angles. Meanwhile dynamo idiot is sitting behind the tower splashing at my back instead of swapping positions with me as their dead team respawns.

Splatoon |OT4| Rider Hierarchink
But yeah, that's annoying. In Bluefin for Splatzones, you can't also send everyone on your team to the opposite platform, but people keep doing that, guh.

holy fucking shit

the splash-o-matic with special duration up and special charge up

lol

just went 15:5

I main Splash-o-Matic, (and Krak-On and Scope) in Splatzones so that's nice to hear, but does the Bomb Rush help a lot since the field keeps moving?

ryechu

The dev team was probably hype as shit when they realized the paint mechanic transforms every classic fps mode into gold.
first the best koth and now this.

Grakl

Ok that's enough stress for me, I get to keep my A+99 no problemo

Great mode, each new mode is more stress than the last hahahaha

GGs skies

Zero²

Ugh lost the first pages, blame the move to community :p

Yay gotta try that tower control~
Or should I watch that sexy new Code Geass episode? Decisions decisions...

Tower 5 seconds away.

Connection error.

my life.

I don't disagree with dc's making you lose points - if you dc while you are losing. Too many times I dc'ed when we were winning or the match was already decided (a few on the GAME screen as well) and I still lost points.

I know my Internet's sort of really goddamn bad but come on.

Zero²

WALL OF SHAME
PT1g6Pv.png
Eh I dont even post that much?!

Vecks

This mode is even more frantic than splat zones. So far I think I'm doing best with a carbon roller for this.

Geg

Sounds like the best classes so far are the ones I have no idea how to play.

I went in with my usual custom dual squelcher and won 3 out of 4 matches. Generally had the highest KD each match too. That said, I didn't run into any dynamo rollers or blasters in my games.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I let me team down, avatar quote!

Blaster is so nice because hitting that big post twice = instant death for whoever is riding.

Edit: GGs Graki

WALKMAN04

I would like the new mode if they didn't pair me with only Japanese players who kill me from half the map away, might just play tomorrow and give a better judgement then

Robotguy

I went in with my usual custom dual squelcher and won 3 out of 4 matches. Generally had the highest KD each match too. That said, I didn't run into any dynamo rollers or blasters in my games.

I only played one so far and was facing two dynamos. Was a struggle. Currently leveling new gear in turf wars before I jump back in.

First time in Tower Control

20-9 with mad walling skills. Who said I need to ride it? Just camp the other guys base when teammates are riding it.

Top Bottom