• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

Just join the discord server, it is where all discussion has moved for the most part. It's extremely active every day.

You should we get new faces all the time, plus there are plenty of people willing to add you if you want to play. Look forward to seeing you there!

This is all correct, but hopefully everyone doesn't migrate there to stay. I attempt to keep posts between the both of them so that the thread itself doesn't stay in the same OT for all eternity.

It's nice having the option there, but seeing the thread move so slowly and without some of the banter found in Discord makes for a sad thread. D:

Nightii

Banned
I don't really want to use Discord, I liked the way the OT were when I was lurking, too bad it was dead once I got approved. :/

ffdgh

This is all correct, but hopefully everyone doesn't migrate there to stay. I attempt to keep posts between the both of them so that the thread itself doesn't stay in the same OT for all eternity.

It's nice having the option there, but seeing the thread move so slowly and without some of the banter found in Discord makes for a sad thread. D:

At the rate it's going, OT5 is gonna take a while lol.

WALKMAN04

Oh, everyone went somewhere else, I keep hearing discord mentioned >.>

I am a detriment anyway :B
Don't worry about your skill level, we just got a couple new players and some of them are pretty active, it's great seeing new faces. Like the other day someone joined and right away got into some games and friended a lot of people, including myself, I'm always down to add people to my friends list, just gotta delete someone from it first like I do on a regular basis lol.
I don't really want to use Discord, I liked the way the OT were when I was lurking, too bad it was dead once I got approved. :/
It's funny you say that because the discord is pretty much everything that was in the OT just more fast paced and with more offtopic talk. Also discord helped us to communicate better with the people who didn't have there accounts approved yet, but friended us when we posted our nnids here near the beginning. It's also made us more close to be honest, we talk on a regular basis about anything including splatoon, overall it's been a great experience. I would say give it a chance because I can say it's been a positive experience for me, or if you really don't want to mind me asking why u don't want to use it?

ChrisD

I'm not writing Discord off, if that's what it looks like. I love it. I just hate that so much of the talk is "lost" so to speak. People who only use this thread would never know a few SplatGAF members, because they mostly stick to Discord. And due to the nature of a chat app, you obviously can't read every post that's ever been posted, furthering the issue. Different timezones/work schedules really show this.

I think there's a place for both, and I encourage all members to make use of the two. You just don't want the thread to look dead here, as it discourages new members, and can make difficult the interactions of EU/NA (just throwing an example for timezones) -- meanwhile Discord allows for more on the fly discussion, letting you know people better. Also, matchmaking. Waaaay better matchmaking.

Do inklings have control over their tentacle hair?

Never really thought about that. I assume they don't, just because of how they're effected so much by inertia. Spinning in Inkopolis and watching their hair spin around is always fun. :p
I know arms are effected just as much, but idk, they just don't seem controlled

GuySloth

Neo Member
I got in Discord before I got approved on GAF and I admit I rarely check this thread now but I'm trying to change that. It's always great when a new player joins up and I was just talking about how it's rare that the new names I see pop up in this thread actually show up in Discord. I hope something changes to better connect new and existing GAF players.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Welp...
WVW69iooDv0QUft0yj

Good effort Team Pizza, I guess.

As predicted:

Damnit, I don't want to side against Callie

Then again, the less popular side usually wins, and you know pizza will be more popular.

Yes, that's it. Callie stays winning

L95

Isn't that always when the snails expired.

If it another Splatfest it is shitty planning in the schedule to have 2 splatfests in 7 weeks. Why have a 5 week gap when a 4 or 3 week one could do just as well.

I don't think so, I always thought they expired when the next splatfest began.

jariw

Started playing Splatoon again. Like the new map, but the squid gods hate me. Went 15-1 with 1490p and still lost.

Every single match I've had on it has been me with an entire team of eLiters that have no clue how to use it. Seriously. 5 matches in a row in which my team comprised entirely of me and 3 charger users.

Exit to lobby. Rejoin.

Okay so to reprase my question. How many points is the invisible run speed up built into the zapper worth? I want to think 9 points (as patch notes say increase run speed by 10%) so in that case the graphs should be extended to 66.

Unless of course it is an independent boost.
Hmm sorry for getting back to this post so late, but I just came across some information which can be helpful in supplementing my answer.

First things first though, shooter weapons don't have run speed built into them. While you're firing a shooter, you will always move more slowly than your regular run speed. Some weapons don't reduce your move speed as much as other weapons do though. When the patch note says that it increased the run speed while using an NZap by 10%, it probably means that the move debuff while firing is reduced by 10%; I hope that makes sense ^_^

In any case, I found a very useful chart on /r/splatoon which can help give an idea of how fast one can be moving while using a weapon. The picture is here:
As shown on the chart, NZaps are pretty speedy weapons; they never go as fast as normal run speed, but they're fairly quick relative to the other shooters!

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/3vs23h/weapon_mobility_chart_ver_10/

noshten

23a.jpg
To anybody who's played the new stage you know you're guilty of this.

Jump into my own Beacon
Have 2 main swim speed ups
Move quickly towards battlefield
Dont realize beacon is next to water
die

I love the new stage I wish the whole Platform would move every 30 seconds, it be utter chaos

ss-hikaru

Just join the discord server, it is where all discussion has moved for the most part. It's extremely active every day.

You should we get new faces all the time, plus there are plenty of people willing to add you if you want to play. Look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks! I've joined but lurking at the moment cos it's work hours XD

ChrisD

I'm beginning to wonder if I ought to put in some serious Squiffer time. My Splatterscope play seems like it would suit that weapon well. I can't make myself stay in one spot like most Chargers I see. Sometimes my roaming works, sometimes...

J@hranimo

Banned
Well I feel like I've missed a bunch in here
nah I saw this in the Discord too lol

I need to continue playing E Liter so my play doesn't degrade. Only Day 3 of really using it, but still...

ChrisD

Had fun this morning / night whatever. I got seriously owned in the end. So my thirst for revenge lives. We'll meet again.

Had fun, indeed! Sniper wars are great. :D
Then Tingly comes in and smashes me to pieces.
Repeatedly. :lol

Wanted to hop onto Discord, but my brother was on the desktop. Just happened to check TW with Friends and saw Jahra, so I hopped in. :p

Played this for the first time in weeks last night. The new maps are cool, but I dropped from S60 to S15 in one sitting. I think I'm shelving this game until the sequel comes out, I'm never getting to S+ rank...

Anyway, amazing game with surprising depth and easily my GOTY this year. It's the first multiplayer shooter I've cared to play for more than 30 minutes, so that's quite an achievement. ;-)

In any case, I found a very useful chart on /r/splatoon which can help give an idea of how fast one can be moving while using a weapon. The picture is here:

As shown on the chart, NZaps are pretty speedy weapons; they never go as fast as normal run speed, but they're fairly quick relative to the other shooters!

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/3vs23h/weapon_mobility_chart_ver_10/
Thanks for doing/finding this. Exactly what I was looking for.

DaBoss

Oh hey sweet, that's my script, glad someone noticed :).

I just updated it to include the 2.3 update gear today.

Short url to it is http://goo.gl/5gZrj3
Oh, youre the one who made this? Thanks a lot. I'm pretty sure this is also under resources for people to use in the Discord server.
Played this for the first time in weeks last night. The new maps are cool, but I dropped from S60 to S15 in one sitting. I think I'm shelving this game until the sequel comes out, I'm never getting to S+ rank...

Anyway, amazing game with surprising depth and easily my GOTY this year. It's the first multiplayer shooter I've cared to play for more than 30 minutes, so that's quite an achievement. ;-)
You should do squads so you can learn the maps before you attempt to go to S+. S ranks and higher cannot lose rank points in squads.

Regiruler

Oh, youre the one who made this? Thanks a lot. I'm pretty sure this is also under resources for people to use in the Discord server.

You should do squads so you can learn the maps before you attempt to go to S+. S ranks and higher cannot lose rank points in squads.
IMO that's what recon is for. Just learn every path and your maximum range at key points, and you're good to go.

Geg

The highest rank/skill levels is basically just Splash Walls: The Game.

Matches are decided by who can be the biggest coward

Top Bottom