• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

noshten

You know what is the most difficult thing is playing well, while you are in the zone and still loosing. Those matches where you feel you've really outdone yourself with splats, gateaways, aiming, pushing and defending only to slowly come to the realization the rest of the team is not on the same wavelength or simply are outclassed by the enemies. Going to just stop for now, especially after my last game I literally could have broken something.

Thankfully there is always a post you can find that illustrates that quiet rage you are unable to express to your team mates in game.
tumblr_npsqsg3SdK1ux943mo1_1280.jpg

ChrisD

Aight, so I have a giant weakness to flanks, apparently.

I'll try to play more defensively as to keep on eye on the whole field. I'm making some flat out dumb aggressive moves.

ChrisD

WE OVERTOOK THE TOWERS

Your flanking is on-point with your Kraken. ^^

I freaking drowned twice.
Now I know how the Sprinler death guy must feel.

Nightii

Banned
Thanks! And man, I needed that Mahi curbstomp to unwind lol.

EDIT: And after that I get incredibly dumb and lose the advantage...

ChrisD

Seeker Rush being devastating.
Huh. Didn't think about how powerful that is on Resort. He's playing a dangerous game, though, since it sucks on Towers.

Nightii

Banned
Sorry Chris, something came up, I had to drop out, but thanks for joining me!

So...apart from my stubborness regarding aproaching Rollers...thoughts on my skill? :$

ChrisD

Other than an 8/2 Towers/Mahi split, I had fun. Sorry if I tanked your rating with the terribly played rounds... The flank Fest on Towers especially threw me off in the one game against that Dynamo. My word.

You definitely seem good enough to get into S with enough time and effort, but there's no way to really watch a player's game while playing at the same time. You've got mechanics down, and your gameplan seems great on the offensive.

With that said, a few issues (that my play is also THOROUGHLY littered with):

I'd try Super-Jumping less. It's an extremely handy skill, but unless you're certain things are safe, swimming doesn't take too long. Towers is a difficult case here, because Jumping IS a lot faster. Just be extra careful with things.

The main issue I have with my own play, I also noticed you ran into a few times: not paying (enough) attention to weapon range. There's no reason to really get in the range of another player unless they forced a fight on you or you're flanking. Positioning, in other words. This is also, unfortunately, one of the most important parts of playing on the defense. :X

I can't really say too much more other than pointers, though. Don't feel qualified to really rate ones' play, being in a constant flux of A+/S..

Again though, I definitely think you can make it into S. Squad Battles are even harder than normals, due to a number of factors. And you held your own well. I'd definitely keep the positioning thing in mind. It goes a long way, especially in solo queue. Thankfully, you can even practice this in Turf Wars.

Mini wall of text over. ^^

Nightii

Banned
Don't worry about my rank, I started at A- 30 and ended A- 28, so no real loss.

I had fun too, even if Towers are a pain, but yeah, once I end up in close against someone, I get too stubborn to reposition, it usually works out in my favor, except for surprise Rollers, those always splat me to hell. I actually don't Super Jump very often usually, but Towers gets me too anxious.

I appreciate the tips and comments a lot, hope we get to do it again, on a better rotation!

ChrisD

We'll definitely have to play again sometime when a better rotation is in. I'm just glad we didn't run into any E-Liters on Moray. That would have made for a much less fun time.

It's funny, I respect E-Liter Scopes so much because those things are just... Man, those weapons are unruly. I can't get them to work, period.

But on Moray? I hate them all, idc. Sorry, Nico. I only hate you on one stage. Please forgive.

On another note, my Inkling is looking 2Fresh
Dem Octoglasses are the new Pilot Goggles. Just got them from the store and love them.

Nico_D

But on Moray? I hate them all, idc. Sorry, Nico. I only hate you on one stage. Please forgive.

:)

Forgiven.

Truth be told, I don't like them that much on Moray either. As I've said before, the matches on Moray turn into two separate games: E-Litres go 1vs1 while the rest of the teams go 3vs3. I can't practically do much else since watching the E-Litre takes precedence.

On the other hand, I think Moray is an excellent map to practice E-Litre. You really have to use the range and therefore learn the correct charge time. It also forces to handle the jump shot.

emb

Popped this in last night and played for a few hours for the first time since... probably September or so.

Almost forgot how fun it is!

KevinCow

Banned
Is there anything more fucking useless than the Inkzooka. Jesus christ. It's a one hit kill but it's impossible to hit anything with. I switched to the Mini-Splatling and I like it but this goddamn special is ruining it.

Anyway I just played for a fucking hour and won ONE match. I'm so fucking pissed off right now.

L95

I don't mind the inkzooka, I like others more but I use it to sneak up on snipers and nab them or something sometimes.

Geg

Yeah even if you don't manage to hit anyone, most people will be too scared to come out in the open while an inkzooka is going off, which gives your teammates a chance to push forward if they can take advantage of that

noshten

Ofcourse the one match I got a person AFK another one of my team would spend the whole match at spawn point spamming cmon to AFKer instead of playing.

ChrisD

Thanks guys. ^^
Not sure how long it will last, but I freaking made it and that's enough for me to feel satisfied.

Wall of quote replies because I actually had relevant replies to each and would have done so regardless. :p

Congrats! You were really close a few times before, so this was just an eventuality.

I would get real close, but then I would drop to A+ in the next sitting haha. St. Aidan saying that he got in shortly after falling to A+ was a big part of the motivation, as it showed that stuff just happens.

That and I kept playing on tilt. If I ever go into poker, someone from SplatGAF please track me down and slap me in the face to knock some sense in.

The miracle finally happened...
I say congrats! Welcome to advance japanese hard!

Full S+ games are fun so far though, because generally speaking EVERYONE is tryharding it up, even if they don't know it. :p

Makes for more tense games, and out of the four I've played so far, much less knockouts due to full 5 minute battles.

Is..that..the...Dynamo..roller?

GROSS
:p

Congrats! Another enters the promised land.

It was equipped when I went to bed, and the Rotation favored it, so I just rolled with it. I had some Splatterscope games, as well!

Splatted by Christmas tree.

jsfQgba.jpg

Oooh, very nice! I'm gonna have to make one of these. Should have the colors in my Perler stash to make a variation.

Yo, congrats, Chris! How does Super Hard Mode feel like?

Closer games, more reliability from everyone (even yourself, since roles are generally more understood). Otherwise it's S. It just feels great being able to say I reached it. :p

Edit: I see this is also your first post, shawnad. Welcome to NeoGAF!

StAidan

YOOOOOO
I MADE IT

I want to thank my family, my friends, and tell 90% of my solo queue partners that I don't like them.
The other 10% are boss. <3

Congrats! Enjoy it. My time in S+ was marked by much better solo queue rounds, in general. Not because I won more often but because I usually didn't feel like my team was totally incompetent.

Ansatz

Just had a game I went 15-8 while two teammates had 1-6 and 1-12 I kept our lead till last 5 seconds where I take out the rainmaker + 1 guy before I die and the others fuckup XD

Another game S, S, S, S vs S (me), A+, A, A ahahaha that was over quickly, they managed 1 kill combined and me 5-4.

I'm fucking done with this game. I'm gonna enter ranked matches and just ink the base until I derank, rank up to S, and repeat.

Top Bottom