• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

Even Rollers are ranged users.
The one and only TRUE melee weapon is the Inkbrush. Not that Octobrush business, either. Ink or get out if you want to be a Melee Samurai.

An all Inbrush battle on Mahi Mahi Zones layout sounds like a blast.

ffdgh

Everyone knows that ranged weapon users are the real cowards. Get over here and fight me!
No thanks. Bomb range up sets with any burst bomb weapons is hilarious for ranged attacking lol. Who knew having charger throwing range could be so much fun.

Finally reached A- rank the other day. I'm satisfied - don't think I'll be able to get much further than that at my current skill level.

My splat buddy and me mostly stick to Tower Control when we play, with an occasional Splat Zones match if we're feeling brave.

Rainmaker is still a guaranteed loss 90% of the time, I'm really awful at it.

ffdgh

Finally reached A- rank the other day. I'm satisfied - don't think I'll be able to get much further than that at my current skill level.

My splat buddy and me mostly stick to Tower Control when we play, with an occasional Splat Zones match if we're feeling brave.

Rainmaker is still a guaranteed loss 90% of the time, I'm really awful at it.

Congrats and the opposite is true for me most of the time. Rainmaker is my saving grace while blaster island and...not even sure what to call zones, are two giant headaches.

Nightii

Banned
Do Sloshers count as ranged cowardice? I'm a dedicated Bucket Swinger.

And I SUCK at Tower Control most of the time, but do ok in Rainmaker and do great in Splat Zones. Currently on my way to reach A-, I sometimes wonder if I'm going up too slowly, it's been 4 weeks since I got the game.

It's funny you say that because the discord is pretty much everything that was in the OT just more fast paced and with more offtopic talk. Also discord helped us to communicate better with the people who didn't have there accounts approved yet, but friended us when we posted our nnids here near the beginning. It's also made us more close to be honest, we talk on a regular basis about anything including splatoon, overall it's been a great experience. I would say give it a chance because I can say it's been a positive experience for me, or if you really don't want to mind me asking why u don't want to use it?
Honestly, the very first two things you said are the biggest turn-offfs for me, going through a chat at such a fast pace between matches and full of off-topic stuff is not my thing, plus I don't really want to do voice chat, I rather enjoy the radio silence and figuring out teamwork through pure action.

I appreciate the benefits and why you folks moved there, but at least for now, I'll stick to the OT. :$

Oh, youre the one who made this? Thanks a lot. I'm pretty sure this is also under resources for people to use in the Discord server.

You should do squads so you can learn the maps before you attempt to go to S+. S ranks and higher cannot lose rank points in squads.

Yeah, next time i should probably explore the maps a bit before jumping into ranked. I'll probably play again. I told myself many times I was done with the game, but I always came back. It's an incredibly addictive game.

Everyone knows that ranged weapon users are the real cowards. Get over here and fight me!

Oh yes, I agree. When I see a sniper among the enemy team, my first objective of the match is to eliminate them. If you know the maps you know the usual sniping spots. I like to sneak up on them and they tend to get nervous and throw bombs when they notice me coming for them. But most of the time it's too late. I've already raised my Tri-Slosher and 1 - 2 - SPLAT! >:D

I also want to use this opportunity to declare the Inkling Boy + Slosher win animation as the best win animation in video games. I love the fist in the air victory jump followed by that adorable shit-eating grin.

Azure J

Everyone here should shut the fuck up and consider this.

I have a maxed out Inkbrush.

I am the reigning champion of courage. I'm gonna develop a triforce piece in my trigger finger any day now. :lol

RedFyn

I am the reigning champion of courage. I'm gonna develop a triforce piece in my trigger finger any day now. :lol
More like
0220880.jpg

You sit in the back throwing sprinklers and spend the whole game running away.

Azure J

Splish is best <3

I bet you like robbing elderly Squid-mas and Squid-pas as well with that ridiculous weapon. Only hooligans go Splish.

Kappa

Edit: Lol the pic. Courage the Cowardly Dog still got shit done after reacting to it, no matter how crazy it got. He also did it for people he loved. Best carry ever.

I also want to use this opportunity to declare the Inkling Boy + Slosher win animation as the best win animation in video games. I love the fist in the air victory jump followed by that adorable shit-eating grin.
That (and the Squid girl dress, the tunic looks dumb) are why I contemplate switching to a girl inkling but those are my tastes.

Inkbrush only, no subs or specials, Walleye Warehouse
So what you're saying is bumper brushes is the eSports version of Splatoon?

DaBoss

That just means you played too much turf war.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Needham

No thanks. Bomb range up sets with any burst bomb weapons is hilarious for ranged attacking lol. Who knew having charger throwing range could be so much fun.
This is all I do anymore when I play Splatoon. Just 3 bomb range ups and nothing but ink recovery and damage up subs while running around with the splatter shot. I tried burst bombs only, but you can hardly get around and you're always out of ink. Next I spent a while using only burst bombs for offence and the gun was just for painting. And that's pretty much how I play now, although I'll use the gun if I'm low on ink.

RedFyn

Do Sloshers count as ranged cowardice? I'm a dedicated Bucket Swinger.
No, everyone respects a good bucket.

Nightii said:
And I SUCK at Tower Control most of the time, but do ok in Rainmaker and do great in Splat Zones. Currently on my way to reach A-, I sometimes wonder if I'm going up too slowly, it's been 4 weeks since I got the game.
Nah, that seems fine. Not that it matters where you end up. Not everyone is an S+ player and that's OK. Your weapon choice will also help or hurt your rank somewhat. Don't let that factor in though. Play what you enjoy.

Nightii

Banned
I ran Tri-Slosher for a good while because of people calling it the best bucket, and while I got why, I ended up going back to the old Slosher because I missed the forward range and power too much, then the Slosher Deco came and I found true love.

And Rank A- Get!!! Rainmaker on Walleye and Arowanna is a pretty damn good rotation for me, not that much room to maneuver around my Splash Walls, lots of high spots to chuck ink from and easy Kraken sweeps lol.

ChrisD

Distance on Mall: 27. We couldn't get over the hill.
Enemy distance: full. They couldn't get hold.

Our team: 3S/1A+
Their team: 4A+

Time is at 3 minutes. Our single A+ walked the RM to our hill and spammed RM shots.
They died.
Enemies used Wail. Enemies grabbed RM and automatically out-distanced us despite dying before taking a step.

We lose.

How does one make it into A+ with ideas like that? :|

ffdgh

Distance on Mall: 27. We couldn't get over the hill.
Enemy distance: full. They couldn't get hold.

Our team: 3S/1A+
Their team: 4A+

Time is at 3 minutes. Our single A+ walked the RM to our hill and spammed RM shots.
They died.
Enemies used Wail. Enemies grabbed RM and automatically out-distanced us despite dying before taking a step.

We lose.

How does one make it into A+ with ideas like that? :|

And I thought I was having a miserable time in this rotation...So sick of the game throwing 2 chargers on my team. Throws off the balance completely.

ChrisD

I WAS having a great run. Made it to S 87, and that basically guaranteed win would have given me my first 90. Then they happened. Lost me 9 points in that game, that really hurt.

And now that's what I'm landing 50% of the time, people with no game sense. I know I'm pinning blame on things other than myself, and that's a bad habit, but I'm not kidding. S+ Tentatek goes 1/10 and we lose? Nah bro, that's not on me, or my teammates. 96 Deco who throws not one Wall on Warehouse, even when we're in OT and the enemies are walking up side-path? The whole team made it to that poor position, but they had the easiest way out and wouldn't do it.

Mall/Warehouse is such a lottery in RM. :/

Nightii

Banned
Oh great, Splat Zones in freaking Moray Towers. First team I get: two Tentateks, one Splattershot Pro vs Charger/Roller/2Squelchers, we get knocked out quickly.

Second team: 3 Luna Blasters, to hell with this! this is the second time this map ruins Splat Zonez for me, it's a curse, I'll go play some other game!

Too bad Mahi Mahi Resort is also in rotation, I love that map for Splat Zonez. :(

ChrisD

I'm not an amazing Charger by any means, but I can Squad up with you in about thirty minutes, if you'd like to play then. Then you will have at least one Splatterscope on your team when Towers shows up.

Nightii

Banned
That....actually sounds good! To be honest, I'm more interested in having someone with more experience judge my performance, could use some pointers on things I overlook.

Id is ArmandoMC, post when you're ready to go, please.

ffdgh

Yeah towers ruined this rotation...but on the postive side, kelp dome and trigger fish is one the best turf war combos for easy cash.

ChrisD

Setting up the Christmas Tree took longer than expected. We're putting ornaments on now, I'll add you in a sec. Sorry about the delay.

ChrisD

My defensive game is so bad on Mahi. :/

So the S+ died to a Sprinkler that game. Twice. Can't feel too bad about the loss, heh.

Top Bottom