• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Wiseblade

77% Ninja? That's about what I expected. This Splatfest was decided as soon as it was announced though. The skilled playerbase were the ones who understood the question and knew that Team Ninja would be bloated with rookies.

This does prove that the x6 win rate multiplier is overkill without a doubt.

J@hranimo

Banned
played with the kelp splat charger and e-liter 3k last night just for shits and giggles

I don't know how yall chargers do it

Just go to turf with one and play and play and play and play. Eventually it'll click. Like Regiruler said starting with squiffer is a good idea. I also recommend using the kelp over standard splat charger so you won't be reliant on bombs.

joelseph

If I order an item is there a chance it shows up with all 3 slots filled? I am only ever getting 1 slot filled and the 2 remaining randoms always roll to something I don't want. What is the trick to getting perfect rolls?

If I order an item is there a chance it shows up with all 3 slots filled? I am only ever getting 1 slot filled and the 2 remaining randoms always roll to something I don't want. What is the trick to getting perfect rolls?

There is a very low chance of it matching all three. He'll charge you 100k for it.

The only "trick" to getting perfect rolls is dumb luck. Though your odds are better if you try for each brand's bias. Each brand has a 30% chance to roll one skill and a far lower chance to roll the others. The exceptions are Cuttlegear and KOG and the Squid Girl and Famitsu clothes, which have an equal chance to roll everything.

Robotguy

The odds for getting a perfect order are 200:1 from what I've heard.

Odds of a perfect roll of subs matching the brands bias is 26:1.
IIRC non-bias roll is ~4,000:1, anti-bias roll is ~35,000:1
Odds of rolling triples on the biasless gear is ~2600:1

Best chance of getting the rare stuff is to order from someone else. You don't have to get all three. If there is something really rare you want order it if it comes in with 2 subs and try unlocking the last one yourself.

People also abuse save backups to help them get what they want, but I haven't done that, so I can't really talk about that in much detail.

Robotguy

All that's needed for abusing rerolls is a spare usb drive and a physical copy of the game.
Well, you can do it with digital, it just takes longer cause you have to copy the actual game and not just the save data. Part of the reason I don't do it, since I have digital.

Kito

After spending a few days in A I'm finally back in S Rank.

Anyhow I'm waiting for the next news from the Research Lab, I'm still expecting more free stuff and some paid stuff.

On the paid side of things, the only thing I can imagine is microtransactions for snails.

RedFyn

The x6 bonus really needs to be tuned down

This does prove that the x6 win rate multiplier is overkill without a doubt.
So what would you suggest they lower it to? In order for ninjas to win you'd need a x2 multiplier in which case you're back to square one and the complaining shifts to it being a popularity contest with wins not mattering. I'm not disagreeing with you guys I'm just saying there is a reason they increased it.

So what would you suggest they lower it to? In order for ninjas to win you'd need a x2 multiplier in which case you're back to square one and the complaining shifts to it being a popularity contest with wins not mattering. I'm not disagreeing with you guys I'm just saying there is a reason they increased it.

I'm on the boat of the x4 multiplier was the balanced one between the two, votes didn't matter that much, and it win rate was still a major factor on who won.

x2 would just make it where votes and popularity are skewed, win rates didn't matter that much

x6 makes it where the votes don't even matter, being on the more popular team means you're screwed if it's not Japan

Wiseblade

Ideally, it'd be a x3 multiplier. Being 25% of the final score makes votes useful as a tiebreaker in a way the current 14.3% aren't.

I'd take either the x2 or x4, at the current level there's no point even checking for popularity.

Robotguy

The problem with a paywall behind gear (other than amiibo) is it would further discourage the ordering of gear from Spyke, a mechanic seemingly designed to keep you checking in once a day - 'see something cool in the plaza? Come back tomorrow.'
Pay $.99 to get a perfect order.

I would be really disappointed if Nintendo started offering micro-transactions for better rolls. Gear locked behind a paywall already happened with the original 3 Splatoon Amiibos, and while I still really dislike that, at least the gear was mostly cosmetics and weren't superior to regular gear in any way.

Regarding splatfests, I would prefer that Nintendo broke up popularity and win rate so that each scored individually. That probably won't happen because they'd have to make up more Squid Sister dialogue, but it's what I would prefer.

Azure J

I would be really disappointed if Nintendo started offering micro-transactions for better rolls. Gear locked behind a paywall already happened with the original 3 Splatoon Amiibos, and while I still really dislike that, at least the gear was mostly cosmetics and weren't superior to regular gear in any way.

Regarding splatfests, I would prefer that Nintendo broke up popularity and win rate so that each scored individually. That probably won't happen because they'd have to make up more Squid Sister dialogue, but it's what I would prefer.

I still like Doorman's suggestion where each side gets 20 snails at max rank and the 4 bonus was for either performing better or having the popularity.

Honestly though, I think the snails just need a better distribution method than just SplatSnailGrindFest.

On the paid side of things, the only thing I can imagine is microtransactions for snails.

"Want this cool new set of clothes? That'll be $5.99"

"Want to play as Octolings? $9.99, pls"

Pay $.99 to get a perfect order.

tbh I would pay real money to not have to deal with spyke's bullshit anymore

Between the option of paying 99 cents to get what I want compared to relying on rng...I'd be seriously tempted lol.

Spyke RNG just has to be not ass tbh.

Bw4clem.png

So many weapons I want to use again once my hand heals. I haven't used Bamboo in ages, but Squiffer is my love. Decisions, decisions...

played with the kelp splat charger and e-liter 3k last night just for shits and giggles

I don't know how yall chargers do it

Lots of practice. Just ask Jahranimo or Azure. They picked up the Charger late and had to go through a trial of fire to get to where they are now.

I agree that Squiffer is a great weapon to learn Charger play with. In all honesty, I'd learn charger without damage up for a few days just to get the hang of what you need to do. The Kelp Charger is another great one to learn with, but learning to use bombs in conjunction with the main weapon is invaluable. E-Liter will be too slow to learn on and can lead to some bad habits.

All in all, start with Squiffer or Kelp to learn and refine your aim. Then start learning Splat for the maps that Splat works better in. Once you're comfortable with all of those, try out E-Liter if you want.

Once you start understanding the weapon, start using damage up if you need to. Damage up will help deal with threats that close in fast by being able to kill them with a partial charge. Damage up allows pretty much every other charger to have about Squiffer kill speed or faster. It also allows more successful burst bombing with the E-Liter.

Actually, if you do end up trying the E-Liter, start with the Custom. Your positioning skills will be better honed on that vs relying on burst bombs to save you.

Azure J

Lots of practice. Just ask Jahranimo or Azure. They picked up the Charger late and had to go through a trial of fire to get to where they are now.

This can't be emphasized enough. When I started with chargers, people like you, Ryechu, Heng, Violet, Quartz and one or two others had already been established and it was literally "learn to outshoot them [or in your case, out bomb them] or give up on this class." :lol

CO_Andy

Well after some more games with the Inkbrush i'm really finding it to be an underwhelming weapon for solo use. It works best when you can coordinate with your team and let them know you have a Bubbler or intend to serve as a distraction. The Noveau having a near useless sub really hurts its potential, despite being the better of the two Inkbrushes.

Octobrush > Inkbrush

This can't be emphasized enough. When I started with chargers, people like you, Ryechu, Heng, Violet, Quartz and one or two others had already been established and it was literally "learn to outshoot them [or in your case, out bomb them] or give up on this class." :lol
Azure how come you don't ever play the Squiffer? With your aim you'd be a monster with that weapon in close range combat.

WVW69i2imDE3-LCvvD

Found on miiverse
How on earth did the player get there.

You've been able to get out of bounds since forever. I've done it. You have to have the two Inklings talking at the back of the plaza and to try to jump onto the left one's head and turn into a squid at just the right angle so that you slide through the wall. It's tricky and takes a while, though. Took me ~45 minutes the one time I bothered, if I remember correctly.

Blue considers me among some of the better GAF charger users :')

Lol right? I had to get in on the fun with the pie chart. Thanks Geg for the joke and SM239 for the chart :p

I was thinking more along the lines that you 2 are the most recent additions to the Charger family that didn't start with one. =P

Well after some more games with the Inkbrush i'm really finding it to be an underwhelming weapon for solo use. It works best when you can coordinate with your team and let them know you have a Bubbler or intend to serve as a distraction. The Noveau having a near useless sub really hurts its potential, despite being the better of the two Inkbrushes.

Octobrush > Inkbrush

Azure how come you don't ever play the Squiffer? With your aim you'd be a monster with that weapon in close range combat.

Azure doesn't know what to do with Chargers that don't have a scope. =D

Azure J

Now I want Blue to rank GAF's chargers, but I worry about any animosity it might cause.

No lies, I've wanted this for months from all of GAF's charger players just to see how everyone views everyone. :p

Re: Squiffer: Fun weapon is fun, I just like having reach and I'm hyper inconsistent with scopeless chargers for whatever reason. I'll pick one up and go 13-0 one day then struggle not to go 3 times negative another.

Regiruler

I play scopeless splat charger so I convert very easily to squiffer. I'm awful with bamboozler though, because the two shot nature plays different.

No lies, I've wanted this for months from all of GAF's charger players just to see how everyone views everyone. :p

Haven't played with enough tier: BlueSilver, Heng, Jahranimo, Violet_0, Goya, WALKMAN04

Stop killing me tier: SM239, GuySloth's Squiffer, Ryechu

The student has become the rival tier: Nico_D

Snipes me around boxes tier: Azure J

Loosely in my ballpark tier: everybody else that I haven't forgotten to put in the "haven't played with enough" tier

Top Bottom