• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

So after breezing through most of the single player, i find myself surprised to say the least to get my ass kicked by the final boss of the game LOL :(

Only tried twice so far and i got to the final checkpoint but i don't feel like redoing it all over and over again since it's so damn LONG of a fight (also epic though). I guess it's a good idea to farm some orbs and finally upgrade my blaster eh? Is there REALLY no way to change weapons in Single Player though?

Jintor

So after breezing through most of the single player, i find myself surprised to say the least to get my ass kicked by the final boss of the game LOL :(

Only tried twice so far and i got to the final checkpoint but i don't feel like redoing it all over and over again since it's so damn LONG of a fight (also epic though). I guess it's a good idea to farm some orbs and finally upgrade my blaster eh? Is there REALLY no way to change weapons in Single Player though?

only with amiibos unfortunately.

singleplayer really is one big movement tutorial

L~A

"potential"... "could"...

What I'm really curious is what they'd unlock in-game, especially since Nintendo said they were officially done with extra content.

Regiruler

"potential"... "could"...

What I'm really curious is what they'd unlock in-game, especially since Nintendo said they were officially done with extra content.

Daily level boost to anyone who taps it

For the love of god please don't happen like that

Japan has gone too far
Cloud-limit-break.png

J@hranimo

Banned

Huh, so this is how those Hologram concerts are? I mean in the states we had a Hologram/CGI Tupac but....

Eh I doubt it.

edit: Actually thinking about it this is very possible, Squid sisters are extremely popular plus they could add more content to the game....but that's a slippery slope in itself.

Ok so i am gaining some ranks in the current Splatfest... is there any particular rank that will actually get me something special though? (1st Splatfest here) Do i get to keep that shirt i got from it now?

Also: Super disappointed in the guy in the alley... i tried ordering something from him the other day and all he could find was this crappy hat that's worse than the one i currently own. WTF is he even good for?

Ok so i am gaining some ranks in the current Splatfest... is there any particular rank that will actually get me something special though? (1st Splatfest here) Do i get to keep that shirt i got from it now?

Also: Super disappointed in the guy in the alley... i tried ordering something from him the other day and all he could find was this crappy hat that's worse than the one i currently own. WTF is he even good for?

You never get to keep Splatfest shirts. Higher Splatfest ranks earn you more Super Sea Snails after the event finishes and they announce the results. More if your team wins, but the losing team gets some, too. King/Queen rank gets you 24 if you win and 18 if you lose.

The accuracy of the gear you order from Spyke is variable. He does have a chance to get an exact match, but the odds are very low, and are only highest at level 20+. Also you can use him to reroll subs at level 20+, or earlier if you have Super Sea Snails. And everyone has a love/hate relationship with him because he's such a money sink with low odds, but it's the only way to optimize gear.

This is answered in the Sunken Scrolls.

phanphare

Banned
just went on a KO streak to rank up to A in splat zones. I did it with the rapid blaster deco though which I haven't really used all that much. this thing is ridiculous on ancho v. used two swim speeds, two damage up, and two defense up.

ChrisD

just went on a KO streak to rank up to A in splat zones. I did it with the rapid blaster deco though which I haven't really used all that much. this thing is ridiculous on ancho v. used two swim speeds, two damage up, and two defense up.

I missed Walleye and Ancho V Splat Zones.

D:
D:
D:

Was away and just got back an hour ago. If I knew such a godlike rotation was in I would have hopped in for the remainder of the time. Maaaaan. :(

Grats on the A/winstreak.

Blues1990

It was agonizing, but I'm finally back up to Rank B+. I tried to get to -A, but I kept yo-yo-ing back between 30-80, so I'm going to call it quits for now.

Is anyone interested with playing a couple of rounds of Turf Wars with me tomorrow?

Wiseblade

Barbarians vs Ninjas so far is looking really one-sided to the point that I've won matches while being a player down. I have no doubt that Barbarians will have a higher win percentage, it's just a question of if Team Ninja was as popular as I fear.

CO_Andy

Been seeing a wee bit more Rapid Blasters in Ranked matches. Been sticking to the InkBrush myself.

Feels like there's a whole unexplored meta with the InkBrush's ability to zip through enemy territory. I often catch folks with their backs ripe for a splating, or i could serve as a distraction.

Prodigal

Banned
Hey y'all, I just started playing tonight and would love some friends to play with. If you don't mind playing with someone new, send me a friend request. My ID is dailybreadman

abd

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk3qtCQwA

So I ranked up and I wanted to thank you guys for the competition. You have helped me become a better, and maybe a more irritating, player and I thank you for the first part and apologize for the second.

Hey y'all, I just started playing tonight and would love some friends to play with. If you don't mind playing with someone new, send me a friend request. My ID is dailybreadman

Welcome!

Been seeing a wee bit more Rapid Blasters in Ranked matches. Been sticking to the InkBrush myself.

Feels like there's a whole unexplored meta with the InkBrush's ability to zip through enemy territory. I often catch folks with their backs ripe for a splating, or i could serve as a distraction.
Never really used brushes much myself. The few times I used Inkbrush Noveau, my main problems were the following:

1) vertical mobility; covering a wall with a brush is really awkward.

2) extremely close range required along with damage output that is sort of low or inconsistent.

3) rolling speed still not fast enough to get away from enemies most of the time.

I think the first problem is the biggest limiting factor when I play a brush. Maps like Flounder Heights, Bluefin Depot and Moray Towers become very problematic for brushes from my admittedly limited experience. But flatter maps that aren't highly segmented, like Port Mackerel, Walleye Warehouse and Urchin Underpass tend to yield better experiences.

If you don't mind me asking, what perks and strategies do you usually use with brushes?

Nico_D

Get on Discord (2nd post of this OT). There you will find plenty of players and can exchange NNID's when people are available.

TheJoRu

I don't think I've faced a single Barbarian-team this entire Splatfest (I'm Ninja). Barbarians will have to win by a couple of percent, I wager.

CO_Andy

If you don't mind me asking, what perks and strategies do you usually use with brushes?
The weapon is comparable to the regular Splattershot Jr. without the perk of a Splatbomb. The best feature of the Inkbrush is its ability to build Special the fastest, even faster than the Jr.. So what you need to do is to use 2 Special Charge Ups mains and use the Nouveau's Bubbler if you want to engage the enemy directly.

Regular Inkbrush is good as well, but when the other team has more territory control with Bubbler, Kraken, or ranged weapon users... it's gonna be hard to mount a comeback cause the Sprinkler isn't a good enough harassment tool and its special is easily avoidable in addition to leaving you vulnerable.

Regiruler

I don't think I've faced a single Barbarian-team this entire Splatfest (I'm Ninja). Barbarians will have to win by a couple of percent, I wager.

I think they don't understand the theme. It's which you play like, not which you like more.

Barbarian is more accurate for 99% of the playerbase.

Chimkey

As a Barbarian I have only lost 3 games on my way to King, 2 of which were with us a player down. If this rings true for the rest the win % could be quite embarrassing.

RedFyn

My girl Callie <3

You'd have to drop down to a x2 multiplier for Marie to win.

While most players play like barbarians, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority think they play like ninjas.

Pain, nothing but pain

Junahu

In hindsight I should have realised that people choosing "Ninja" aren't picking it because they're comfortable using stealth. They're picking "Ninja" because they're bad in combat and deliberately avoid fights.

noshten

After spending a few days in A I'm finally back in S Rank.

Anyhow I'm waiting for the next news from the Research Lab, I'm still expecting more free stuff and some paid stuff.

Top Bottom