• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ryechu

On an unrelated note, could any of my splatoon friends get me a Mew Code? I am unable to get one. I'd give you my eternal gratitude.

ryechu

CZs1OCQWIAAti-J.jpg

Spyke coming through.

I'm going to need to order your shirt like a hundred times when i get back.

MrGameBoy

I would rather not turn by pointing at a border box every time i want to maneuver while swimming ink. Sure its possible to create a ton of alternate control schemes, but the splatoon team didnt even set aside the time to properly code the dual sticks option. I doubt they would go through all the hoops so that people could play a overall unideal control scheme that they happen to prefer. Have fun pin pointing pixel shots with the nonscoped E liter at max range with IR. and trust me i know the capabilities of Wii's IR. it wouldnt be ideal.
How about making the deadzone (which is what I assume you meant by "border box") customizable, allowing the option to decrease the dimensions? To be honest, I'd prefer using charger-based weapons with pointer controls, as I am able to freely aim within the deadzone instead of having my target locked at the center of the screen. Also, turning the camera left or right is possible by pressing left or right on the +Control Pad on the Wii Remote Plus, as seen in the first image I posted. I'm pretty sure most people playing with motion controls don't really use the analog functionality of the GamePad's Right Stick for slight camera movements.

(Also, by the way, what IR-based Wii (U) games did you play?)

Blues1990

I finally got to Rank A, but I was soon destroyed by a lot of deadly Japanese Squid teams, to the point that I'm now C-.

Fuck my life. >_<

So i understand you get a bunch of gear when you complete single player right? What about those sunken scrolls though? Do you get anything special or is it just for collectathon purposes?

Geg

GOTTA SHOOT FOR THE FULL 12 PROFILES

Next step: Get an S+ for every weapon in the game

So i understand you get a bunch of gear when you complete single player right? What about those sunken scrolls though? Do you get anything special or is it just for collectathon purposes?
Sunken scrolls are all for lore purposes except for the ones you pick up in boss battles. Those can taken to Sheldon for new weapons you can use online.

I finally got to Rank A, but I was soon destroyed by a lot of deadly Japanese Squid teams, to the point that I'm now C-.

Fuck my life. >_<

I'd cry for a long time. I have fallen from S to A once though. That was terrible. Now I just constantly lose my S class and return to it.

J@hranimo

Banned
S+ on second profile. :^)

Game tried to troll me by giving me 2 points for a win when I was at 96.

Nice! Yet....I still have not reached S+ on my main account. Feels bad man =/

Fuck my life. >_<

Jeez...that's a lot of losing. I'm sorry to hear that happened. Must have been over two different rotations?

phanphare

Banned
man, I miss the days when I could viably main the custom splattershot jr

it's still the weapon I've inked the most turf with behind the splattershot and I haven't used it since like july. I'll pull it out occasionally during splatfests or if I just want to reminisce about a simpler time for us squids.

::pours one out::

Doorman

Man...the Custom Jr. Don't remind me. >.>

I wanted so badly to come up with a viable build for that weapon and use it as one of my mains. I love its toolset and concept. But...its complete inability to succeed in any combat situation just destroys any hopes. I am so sad.

Blues1990

How does one fall from A to C-? o.o
When the game kept giving me -12 to my score, and my stubbornness to not back down & know when to call it quits.

Jeez...that's a lot of losing. I'm sorry to hear that happened. Must have been over two different rotations?
The strange thing, is that I never have problems when fighting someone. If one approach doesn't work, then I'll try something else, which works out better in the end. I have a solid set up with gear and my weapons, but no matter what I did, I just kept getting a solid gold ass kicking from everyone on the opposing team.

I'd cry for a long time. I have fallen from S to A once though. That was terrible. Now I just constantly lose my S class and return to it.

I'm going to try and rank up the next time I play. But as soon as I'll be fighting an opposing team of squids from Japan, I'm going to immediately turn off my console, as I don't want to risk it.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
man, I miss the days when I could viably main the custom splattershot jr
::pours one out::
lol
"get outta here. you're a custom jr. live with your decision."

I'd like to add to this talk with a classic quote from the NSTC log:

"He's using a custom jr. WHAT THE F***?" - Imperious 1

"I wanna try a different build, let's get rid of Stealth Jump for once."

-everything goes terribly wrong-
I don't know how people can stand the extra jump time when using Stealth Jump. It just feels painful. D: I totally understand how it can be very useful in certain modes though, especially Tower Control.

You should consider joining the Zink Mini train if you're looking to change up your build. I promise good things will happen. :D

Geg's gonna rage hard ;)

I just enjoy using the Custom Jr in GAF rooms. Yes, it's pretty bad, but it's basically Disrespect: The Weapon if you kill someone with it. =D

The other option with the Custom Jr is to just toss Disruptors at SM so he can run out of ink faster or at Azure for the troll. (Sorry, Azure.)

Top Bottom