• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

iPaul93

I really hope we're all getting worked up over nothing--it'll be Glenn, it'll all be on screen, no "who is it" cliffhanger, not Aaron (don't get me wrong, I really like Aaron, but this can't be the death for him).

Please let everything be right in the world come finale night and Glenn's face will get smushed to a pulp. :(

Hopefully,you're right.I would hate for someone else to be killed by Negan.

Ross Marquand didn't need to be on-hand for the line-up scene if his makeshift dummy was filling in for him.
Of course, it's also possible that he was there and spoilers simply missed seeing him enter and/or leave the studio because they were trying to disguise who was there.
Nobody spotted Lauren Cohan when that scene was filmed, either.

Yeah but they still would need some reaction shots before the bat hits him

bWKYjXx.png

That looks like Glenns head or am i seeing things

dustyherb

They can't have that scene end in a cliffhanger... Wouldn't it get spoiled in the season 7 trailer at comic con anyways? We would notice somebody missing.
Of course it would, it would probably be spoiled even before the trailer is released. Which is exactly why it's beyond dumb to not show who dies.

dustyherb

Now that I think about it, why the hell are spoilers even coming out already for an episode that's not even until next weekend? You would think AMC would be guarding this episode with their life and not letting anything leak. I'm calling bullshit on this whole thing something doesn't seem right. Early screeners not seeing the whole Lucille scene could definitely be possible.

TSDF confirmed that some of the details in the partial summary are inaccurate and corrected it. However, they couldn't confirm if the cliffhanger is legit or not. However, shortly after AMC had the post from TSDF facebook/tumblr removed.

Splitting the introduction of Negan between two fucking seasons is such a terrible idea. It totally butchers the tone of issue 100.

With Lauren Cohan recently saying “It’s the cliff-hangerest episode,” and the supposedly leaked "Lucille footage" is from the victim's POV. It may just be a cliffhanger in not knowing who dies.

I seriously hope not. It's such a terrible idea.

Now that I think about it, why the hell are spoilers even coming out already for an episode that's not even until next weekend? You would think AMC would be guarding this episode with their life and not letting anything leak. I'm calling bullshit on this whole thing something doesn't seem right. Early screeners not seeing the whole Lucille scene could definitely be possible.

AMC has always been very leaky with TWD though, has it not? I remember zombie Shane leaking, zombie Sophia, a few other things. It wouldn't shock me that finale details would leak now.

TSDF confirmed that some of the details in the partial summary are inaccurate and corrected it. However, they couldn't confirm if the cliffhanger is legit or not. However, shortly after AMC had the post from TSDF facebook/tumblr removed.

Splitting the introduction of Negan between two fucking seasons is such a terrible idea. It totally butchers the tone of issue 100.

With Lauren Cohan recently saying “It’s the cliff-hangerest episode,” and the supposedly leaked "Lucille footage" is from the victim's POV. It may just be a cliffhanger in not knowing who dies.

I seriously hope not. It's such a terrible idea.
Interestingly the leaked footage has a shot that perfectly matches the description from the summary. A big final swing then a cut to black. Perhaps where the screener version ends? Because in the footage, it continues

dustyherb

AMC has always been very leaky with TWD though, has it not? I remember zombie Shane leaking, zombie Sophia, a few other things. It wouldn't shock me that finale details would leak now.
They definitely have been but I mean this is going to be the biggest moment in the show's run yet. And then they let it leak almost two weeks before it aires? Idk it's just weird to me especially because I remember reading something about AMC trying to hammer down on leaks getting out. I believe that most the summary is correct but I find it hard to believe that AMC and the writers would let this big of a moment be completely spoiled before next weekend.

Perhaps where the screener version ends? Because in the footage, it continues

This is the saving grace I think. I seriously hope this is the case.

If its actually a cliffhanger though... TSDF are likely going to find out who actually dies mere weeks into filming, before the trailers even launch.

TaterTots

Banned
Guys, we need to be honest with ourselves.
Aaron, Abe, Sasha, etc. dying wouldn't have nearly the same amount of impact of say Daryl, Glen, Maggie. It has to be one of those 3 or it's a bust imo.

UberTag

Allow me to direct your attention to THIS post...

Just watched the last episode yesterday as I'm doing subtitles for TWD for my language and man I laughed about some of those predictions. One thing's for sure, you're in for a wild ride :)

If someone wants to be spoiled - just write me a PM :p

Leeness

Spoiling Dead Fans Tumblr said:
Our Facebook post from this morning that addressed the ep 16 spoilers put out by StD about the finale were subject to yet another DMCA take down notice by AMC. (For us, not the other site.) The reason in the notice this time? “Other.” The woes of social media. Get a spine, Zuckerberg!
In that post we confirmed certain parts of the spoiler, debunked others, and added some of our own confirmed details to round out the information. In that post we did not confirm the Lucille scene. We just simply aren’t going to confirm spoilers put out by another site that we haven’t vetted ourselves.
That being said, every time AMC has taken down a spoiler that WE have posted (TSDF Official) it has turned out to be accurate. The action by AMC is a good indicator that some, if not all, of the information contained in that episode 16 spoiler (at least the parts we didn’t debunk) is true. Take that as you will. If and when we receive our own confirmation of the parts of the episode with Negan, you’ll be the first to know.

XjYPRoO.png

dustyherb

Just looked at my TV guide and the 16th episode is called "Something to Fear". At least that's one positive with all this cliffhanger crap going on.

UberTag

We do indeed have something to fear. The spectre known as the intelligence-insulting cliffhanger.

Anyhow, more CONFIRMED spoilers for this weekend's penultimate episode courtesy of The Spoiling Dead Fans...

I'm not going to arbitrarily spoiler bar these ones. Not in the mood.

The opening scene shows blood on the ground in the middle of a road.

- Carl is looking at a pistol with a baseball bat and barbed wire carved into the handle.

- Carol is packing a bag. She hides it and Tobin enters her room. A kiss happens, and then the next morning Tobin is seen in her bed.

- Michonne leaves Rick in bed as she has a shift to do.

- Daryl leaves ASZ on his bike. Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita get in a van to go after him. Rosita says she's knows where he's going. Glenn looks back at Maggie as they drive off.

- Tobin tells Rick about Carol's departure. Rick and Morgan leave in search of her.

-Carol runs into some trouble on the road. Her tires get blown out by a group of men. She goes into disguise mode, pretending to be helpless. She is able to kill some of them with a hidden gun. She then impales a guy on a stick. A second guy appears to be alive and after a gunshot the shot goes black. Blood is seen on the ground (this is the same shot from the opening sequence)

- Morgan and Rick stumble across Carol's car and discovers the dead Saviors. They follow a blood trail and find a walker who they believe could be Carol. It's not.

- An armored man appears while screaming about incoming walkers and runs towards a barn. Rick points his gun at this man, but Morgan pushes him out of the way so he can escape. Morgan then confesses about how he tried to help the Wolf and change him.

- Rick tells Morgan that Michonne stole his protein bar as he leaves to head home. Morgan is left to find Carol on his own, which is what he wanted.

- A third survivor who was wounded by Carol appears from behind some bushes back at the car wreck. He heads in the direction of where Rick and Morgan went (towards the barn).

- Maggie asks Enid for a haircut, to which she obliges after being a little hesitant. Maggie starts getting stomach pains.

- Rosita, Glenn and Michonne find Daryl. Rosita goes with Daryl to find Dwight but Glenn and Michonne head home. Glenn and Michonne eventually get surrounded by Saviors.

- Daryl and Rosita find Glenn and Michonne tied up. Glenn shakes his head to signal to Daryl to stay back.

- The episode ends with Dwight and his Saviors ambushing Daryl from behind. Dwight shoots Daryl as he turns around and blood is splattered on the camera. Screen goes black and you hear Dwight say, "You'll be alright."
So we have the scene from the leaked sneak peek, yet another blatant Lucille tease, some filler to pad time showing Carol leaving even though she's already left as of the end of last week's episode, the other sneak peek scene of Rick & Michonne playing Adam & Eve, a parting shot of Glenn looking back at Maggie, the scenes with Tobin and Rick from the promo, Carol being helpless again (that pesky car trouble), Carol goes assassin (because that's always fun), Carol is a walker fakeout, Morgan saves another crazy person (possibly from The Kingdom) because Alpha Wolf tried to save Denise once, Rick takes off for some reason after snitching on his girl about ProteinBarGate, rogue surviving Savior makes an appearance so he can be made an example of during the finale, Enid's attempt at giving Maggie a haircut goes so horribly wrong that the baby feels compelled to protest just days after the only doctor got herself killed for a speech and a soda, Glenn and Michonne decide to bail on Operation Rescue Daryl only to get kidnapped by Saviors, Dwight shoots Daryl for that end of episode cliffhanger and apparently captures Rosita as well (although she seemingly doesn't get brought out for the Lucille lineup in the finale with everyone else).

We do indeed have something to fear. The spectre known as the intelligence-insulting cliffhanger.

Anyhow, more CONFIRMED spoilers for this weekend's penultimate episode courtesy of The Spoiling Dead Fans...

I'm not going to arbitrarily spoiler bar these ones. Not in the mood.

So we have the scene from the leaked sneak peek, yet another blatant Lucille tease, some filler to pad time showing Carol leaving even though she's already left as of the end of last week's episode, the other sneak peek scene of Rick & Michonne playing Adam & Eve, a parting shot of Glenn looking back at Maggie, the scenes with Tobin and Rick from the promo, Carol being helpless again (that pesky car trouble), Carol goes assassin (because that's always fun), Carol is a walker fakeout, Morgan saves another crazy person (possibly from The Kingdom) because Alpha Wolf tried to save Denise once, Rick takes off for some reason after snitching on his girl about ProteinBarGate, rogue surviving Savior makes an appearance so he can be made an example of during the finale, Enid's attempt at giving Maggie a haircut goes so horribly wrong that the baby feels compelled to protest just days after the only doctor got herself killed for a speech and a soda, Glenn and Michonne decide to bail on Operation Rescue Daryl only to get kidnapped by Saviors, Dwight shoots Daryl for that end of episode cliffhanger and apparently captures Rosita as well (although she seemingly doesn't get brought out for the Lucille lineup in the finale with everyone else).
I thought they said there wasn't going to be anymore fake out deaths this season. That's kind of lame but the reaction from people should be fun

*edit*
I didn't see the "you'll be alright"

dustyherb

So if we do get a cliffhanger in the final episode, which right now is looking like a big possibility, that means no people from Rick's group died this season correct? We've had all Alexandrian's as far as I can remember. Nicholas, Deanna, Jessie, Ron, Sam, and now Denise. Plus I guess all the other ones from the wolves and so on.

Man that's honestly what disappoints me most is that we haven't had a major player from Rick's group die yet. Like if your going to use a cliffhanger at least give us some more big deaths before that moment. I guess there is always Rosita who could still be dead by 16. But still I really wanted an original character from seasons 1 - 3 to bite it.

gioGAF

Man that's honestly what disappoints me most is that we haven't had a major player from Rick's group die yet. Like if your going to use a cliffhanger at least give us some more big deaths before that moment. I guess there is always Rosita who could still be dead by 16. But still I really wanted an original character from seasons 1 - 3 to bite it.
I don't get this. Why are "big deaths" a source of enjoyment for you and other fans? Most sane people I know don't want the characters they are invested in to die. Sure, let all the people in the red shirts die, but I really don't care for losing a member of the core group.

I don't get this. Why are "big deaths" a source of enjoyment for you and other fans? Most sane people I know don't want the characters they are invested in to die. Sure, let all the people in the red shirts die, but I really don't care for losing a member of the core group.
This moment in particular needs to be a big death to sell how big a threat Negan is, but in general, any death or loss is tough to watch. You should see my parents react when a character dies

dustyherb

Never said it was a source of enjoyment but when you have a cast that's only going to grow bigger, characters need to die. Sure it sucks to see a favorite character go but this is supposed to be the type of show where no one is safe. We haven't had an original Atlanta member die since season 3 and Hershel's death was the biggest after that. It's time for some bigger characters to bite it. I get tired of people only caring about the original Atlanta characters. Shit there's people who don't even knows Abrahams name and he's been around 2 seasons now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

and that's when shows get boring. There's no threat if they're only interested in letting tertiary characters bite the bullet. especially in a show based on a book where no one is genuinely safe. Ricks barely a whole person in the comic compared to the show if you compare the state of being. big deaths need to happen because that's the universe. plot armor is boring, favorites should die and the story should move forward.

So if we do get a cliffhanger in the final episode, which right now is looking like a big possibility, that means no people from Rick's group died this season correct? We've had all Alexandrian's as far as I can remember. Nicholas, Deanna, Jessie, Ron, Sam, and now Denise. Plus I guess all the other ones from the wolves and so on.

At least for me, Rick's group is so invincible right now that it takes away any of the shows suspense. I never worry that any of them are ever in real danger, they just plow through everyone they come across. I know it won't happen but I would love for Negan's group to kill off a couple characters so you know he is not messing around and there really is danger for Rick's group going forward.

In my ideal situation,
Abraham would have taken the arrow, Carol would be killed in front of Morgan which make him rethink his current ways and start killing again. Negan would say that normally he kills one person to make a point but since Rick's group killed so many of his he is going to kill two and it's Glenn and another Alexandrian or Sasha(and of course no cliff hanger ending lol)

dustyherb

At least for me, Rick's group is so invincible right now that it takes away any of the shows suspense. I never worry that any of them are ever in real danger, they just plow through everyone they come across. I know it won't happen but I would love for Negan's group to kill off a couple characters so you know he is not messing around and there really is danger for Rick's group going forward.

In my ideal situation,
Abraham would have taken the arrow, Carol would be killed in front of Morgan which make him rethink his current ways and start killing again. Negan would say that normally he kills one person to make a point but since Rick's group killed so many of his he is going to kill two and it's Glenn and another Alexandrian or Sasha(and of course no cliff hanger ending lol)
I definitely think they should've used a bigger character for the arrow death if they are going to do this cliffhanger shit. Right now the saviors are looking like a joke and I've already seen some non comic readers say as much. The only person they have killed is Denise and while that hurts the group cause she's the doc it still isn't enough. Which is exactly why I thought they wouldnt do this cliffhanger bullshit! They need to do something cause like you said Rick's group is way too invincible right now. It's just a waiting game at this point tho hopefully there is a big death and AMC are somehow keeping it from leaking.

UberTag

Rick's group shall always be invincible because AMC decrees it to be so.
This will continue when Season 7 resumes and we see that Aaron got the Lucille treatment.
It's all over, folks. Plot armor and network execs have ruined another show.

Can't be the only one fine with a cliffhanger? Sure they are annoying, but they are going to kill a main character(??) and then what? Cut ahead in time or continue right after when the shock has wore off after 5 or 6 months?

Atleast with a cliffhanger Negan and his group can reek havoc for the early part of season 7. Seems like mid season 6 break would have been the time to introduce Negan and have those major deaths than continue on after the break.

This will continue when Season 7 resumes and we see that Aaron got the Lucille treatment.

It's based on the comic, not following it to a tee. Good luck keeping viewership with so much shit happening to the main cast.

dustyherb

Oh god dont say that :( lol a cliffhanger would be bad enough but then to finally find out that it's Aaron that gets its? That would be the biggest fuck you to comic fans.

Can't be the only one fine with a cliffhanger? Sure they are annoying, but they are going to kill a main character(??) and then what? Cut ahead in time or continue right after when the shock has wore off after 5 or 6 months?
They could end it with Negan saying Ta-Ta and the group kneeling in front of the Lucille victims body. It's as simple as that, all they have to do is copy the exact comic scene. When season 7 starts it could start right where it ended and having someone hitting Rick like Maggie did in the comics. And I personally think that it would be a much more effective "cliffhanger" then cutting away seconds before we see who gets killed. You don't have to worry about the shock ever wearing off if they kill someone like Glenn or Daryl.

Jacob4815

Maybe the killed character will be revealed in a post-credit scene not shown in the screeners?

Guys, the cliffhanger would be inacceptable.

Maybe the killed character will be revealed in a post-credit scene not shown in the screeners?

Scenes being left out of screener copies isn't a new occurrence. Doctor Who has been doing this for years (i.e. the Rose scene in "Partners in Crime"). I wouldn't put it past AMC to put out a screener copy that just doesn't have the final scene (or a truncated form), with the big reveal coming when the episode airs live.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That is my only hope currently. This is really too big of a ball to drop for AMC. It'll just be ruined by next season if we don't know by the end of the night who dies and see the reactions to that death on television. It won't mean a damn thing and would just relegate Negan, the big-bad the show runner and producers have been hyping up as the biggest of the bad to just another Governor.

dustyherb

That's the only hope we got at this point. Some people have seen the episode and as far as they know it ends on a cliffhanger. So AMC is either holding it back for everyone to see at the same time or it's a fucking cliffhanger.

Also, I gotta say that the defense that "it's a TV show, you'd lose viewers if you killed off Rick's crew!" is weak. Sure, that may be a REASON for why the show is going in a direction of weak surprises and twists, but that doesn't mean that the show isn't going in a bad direction.

Jacob4815

I think there is an interview somewhere that involves Lauren and Andrew. Both say when they read what happened in this script it made them sick to their stomach for the first time in six years. I don't know how accurate this is or if there is any truth to it. I would imagine because it involves the death of an actor they consider family at this point.

Yep.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/10/this-weeks-cover-walking-dead

His name is Negan, and he is coming. And when he shows up with his barbed wire covered baseball bat named Lucille, bad things will happen.

How bad? Here’s what star Andrew Lincoln (Rick) has to say about the season finale: “I felt sick to my stomach when I read the script. It was the first day in the whole six years of working on The Walking Dead that I was late for work because I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was so angry and frustrated and I felt sick. And that was just after reading it.”

He’s not alone. “[Hearing] the word ‘finale’ gives me a physical reaction because it’s the hardest day on set that I’ve ever had in my life,” says Lauren Cohan (Maggie) with a sigh. “I never even imagined that as an actor you could have that experience. It’s one of the most raw experiences that I think any of us have ever had. Andy talks about being late to work; I didn’t want to go to work that day. It took a really, really long time for everybody to feel okay again after the finale, let’s put it that way.”

I mean why the hell would they say all that if we don't see what happens? How could Andy feel sick to his stomache if we aren't seeing who gets their head bashed in? Is it possible that they decided to cut the scene short later on after these interviews and carry the death into season 7.

Didn't the cast hype the hell out of the S5 finale, only to have little to nothing actually happen? Though I agree, those statements are a little much if we don't see the result of Lucille.

UberTag

It should be self-evident at this point that the cast is contractually obligated to act hyperbolic about events in the show even to the point of being disingenuous.

dustyherb

It should be self-evident at this point that the cast is contractually obligated to act hyperbolic about events in the show even to the point of being disingenuous.
Ya that much has been obvious for a a number of seasons now. But they've gone overboard this time if it truly does end in a cliffhanger. All this hyping up from the actors, Gimple, and Nicotero about the finale. Showing those Lucille pictures in episode 11. The fact that we haven't had a major player from Rick's group die yet. The constant hyping of Negan's entrance.

All this shit has been pointing towards a big death in 16. Even non comic readers are expecting someone major to bite it cause of how easy the group has had it. I feel like the writers and AMC would have to be the biggest dumbshits in the world to not give some sort of pay off to all of this. But I mean they are the ones who acted like Glenn's dumpster dive didn't leak anywhere so who knows maybe they are that dumb.

I hope nobody dies and he just beats up the rv/van with the bat.

I mean why the hell would they say all that if we don't see what happens? How could Andy feel sick to his stomache if we aren't seeing who gets their head bashed in? Is it possible that they decided to cut the scene short later on after these interviews and carry the death into season 7.
Yep. Even if it was always intended for next season, they'd likely film everything while filming the finale. Maybe it got cut and moved, maybe it was always intended for next season. Hell, sad that this is the odd choice out at this point... but maybe it's in the darn episode.

dustyherb

Yep. Even if it was always intended for next season, they'd likely film everything while filming the finale. Maybe it got cut and moved, maybe it was always intended for next season. Hell, sad that this is the odd choice out at this point... but maybe it's in the darn episode.
Ya that definitely is true they wouldn't cut the filming of that scene. But you would think that they had to at least initially plan for it all be one scene. Why else would AMC let the actors go off and say these things that are specifically about the finale? Of course this whole thing that made Andy sick could not be the Lucille scene but nothing else from leaks suggest there could be something else. So to me it seems like it either got cut last minute or they're hiding it.

Had a little fun with what they could do. Doubt the producers have the balls to do this, but just imagine how fucking horrifying it would be if Negan's choice was INVERSED.

"Eenie... meenie... miney... moe."

Negan lowers lucille towards
Glen's
face and prods the barbed wire into the cheek.

"You've just won the god damn jackpot. Take him the fuck away boys."

Everyone screams in horror as Negan takes everyone out one by one.

Top Bottom