• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

It should be self-evident at this point that the cast is contractually obligated to act hyperbolic about events in the show even to the point of being disingenuous.
I thought that was Hardwick.

If they cliffhanger this or don't kill Glenn (I hope it's carol who gets it) and fuck up this introduction to neegan I'm done with this show

UberTag

I thought that was Hardwick.

If they cliffhanger this or don't kill Glenn (I hope it's carol who gets it) and fuck up this introduction to neegan I'm done with this show
Carol's not even in the lineup so you can drop that notion right now.
She's going to have a pretty shitty finale night, though. So enjoy that.

I'm just hoping that the ending was just withheld from the screener version, especially since the description of the supposed ending matches the leaked footage perfectly.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm just hoping that the ending was just withheld from the screener version, especially since the description of the supposed ending matches the leaked footage perfectly.

basically... I'm just going to do whatever version of prayer that I do and hope that we get what the story deserves from the television version.

dustyherb

I have to believe they did just because I can't really imagine AMC, Gimple, and Kirkman being stupid enough to let it leak. AMC knows how often shit gets spoiled for this show. Just recently they talked about how they are going to start cracking down on leakers. They would never want such a big scene and moment being spoiled before it airs. The only way to do that is to not include the scene in the screener version.

UberTag

If it's a visual reveal, it can certainly be done. Nothing that needs to be translated for foreign markets. We won't know until finale night, though.

Fox leaked the promo again, LOL

This time for the 90min finale of course

https://vimeo.com/160245864
Nice!

Hahaha Aaron is the group that gets caught...I guess the rumors are true

wXtkjVF.jpg

NvFFUfZ.jpg

UberTag

Oh look... it's our first direct glimpse at Negan and Lucille. And we get it from an international FOX commercial before Ep 15 even airs.
What were you saying about AMC being protective of their all-too-precious finale secrets again? They're not stupid enough to let it happen, you say?

Jacob4815

Oh look... it's our first direct glimpse at Negan and Lucille. And we get it from an international FOX commercial before Ep 15 even airs.
What were you saying about AMC being protective of their all-too-precious finale secrets again? They're not stupid enough to let it happen, you say?

There is no hope.

The promo pic of Carl with the bandages leaked before the mid-season premiere. They've been leaking badly all season

Oh wow that promo is complete hype.

The death just has to be omitted from the screeners, it just has to be.

Please let it be this season. I can't wait seven more months.

oh man, are the showrunners and AMC really dumb enough to just cut to black with Negan and Lucille? That would seriously be the worst. Just because, as others have said, it would be a horrible cliffhanger and completely miss the point what made Negan's introduction so memorable in the comics.

To me, Negan's introduction from the comics sticks with me for a couple reasons. Its brutal and right in your face. Glenn gets his head caved in way up close in those panels and its hard to look at. Combined with him screaming out for Maggie and its gutwrenching. Then you add in the fact that Glenn is one of the original survivors and its even more of a shock. And all of that shows you that Negan isn't messing around.

If the show just has it end as a cliffhanger, instead of it being a super memorable gutpunch it'll likely just get spoiled when they start filming again. And if it's just Aaron that gets Lucilled? I like Aaron but he's barely been in the second half of this season. Negan needs to kill an original cast member, not another Alexandrian.

dustyherb

Some people are still saying that the last episode is titled "last day of earth" others are saying its "something to fear". My TV guide listed it as "something to fear" but still doesn't look like its 100% sure yet.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Some people are still saying that the last episode is titled "last day of earth" others are saying its "something to fear". My TV guide listed it as "something to fear" but still doesn't look like its 100% sure yet.

Wasn't "Something to Fear" the name of this story arc in the comics? I remember they changed up the covers around that time.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm sure he's there just to take the place of comic Heath's place. There needs to be an Alexandrian in the lineup and Aaron makes the most sense for the show.
But that Instagram shot of the Aaron look alike puppet with the skull piece prominently sticking out. I mean, maybe they change it up and kill two of them or Aaron is the only one or it's a red herring.

Bah!

Jerm411

and that's when shows get boring. There's no threat if they're only interested in letting tertiary characters bite the bullet. especially in a show based on a book where no one is genuinely safe. Ricks barely a whole person in the comic compared to the show if you compare the state of being. big deaths need to happen because that's the universe. plot armor is boring, favorites should die and the story should move forward.

It's exactly why GoT is as good as it is...no one is safe and literally anyone can be killed at any time. It makes watching it from week to week all that much more exciting too.

I get that TWD can't go exactly that route because of its tie to the comics but IMO it should've always been about the larger picture of the world and people just trying to survive...Rick's group included. No one in this show should be safe or have plot armor, comic be damned...it just goes against everything this show is about.

Eh oh well...moving on to the finale...they would never do it in a million years but what if Negan...
offed Coral in the lineup
...again won't happen but that would make quite the impact.

UberTag

Eh oh well...moving on to the finale...they would never do it in a million years but what if Negan...
offed Coral in the lineup
...again won't happen but that would make quite the impact.
That would make an impact...
IF Carol was in the lineup
. But she's not.
She's more liable to jump off a cliff like a lemming and off herself that week.

This has to have been the worst season for AMC leaks-wise

Glenn's "death" figured out in record time
The pic of Carl with the bandage
The pic of Daryl from a few pages back
The finale promo already out

dustyherb

This has to have been the worst season for AMC leaks-wise

Glenn's "death" figured out in record time
The pic of Carl with the bandage
The pic of Daryl from a few pages back
The finale promo already out
Yep it's been ridiculous at this point. Especially all the finale leaks. We usually never get a full description of the episode two weeks before. Followed by a promo pretty much confirming most the shit in that leak. AMC really messed up this time. And now there's a huge chance the episode will end in a cliffhanger. So come May we can all talk about the leak of who gets Lucilled. So damn stupid but hey at least Negan and Lucille are looking awesome in the promo.

Jerm411

Remember that time they hyped up a finale and it was just a cliffhanger with a bleeped out F-bomb?

I still think if they were gonna do a cliffhanger for that episode, it should've been Coral getting shot by the sniper and falling into the train car and that's how it ends...

dustyherb

Kirkman talking a little bit about Negan

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/walking-dead-negan-robert-kirkman

Here's what he said about the Lucille scene

"But something as well known as that moment — maybe it would seem like it wouldn’t be a great thing if we did an exact sort of thing just because people might be expecting it. All I want to say is, read the comic, but you’re not going to know what to expect. Part of the reason that that moment was such a big deal in the comic is the fact that you did not expect that it was going to happen, and so we’re very confident that we found a way to keep it as unexpected in the show as it was in the comic. So it should be just as intense, just as heartbreaking, and just as shocking."

Spizz

Banned
Nice!

Hahaha Aaron is the group that gets caught...I guess the rumors are true

wXtkjVF.jpg

NvFFUfZ.jpg
Oh man, it's happening! I'm so hyped for these next two episodes.

Edit: Wait a second I'm going back on this thread now, Aaron might be getting the Glenn death and it's going to be a cliffhanger? Am I reading this right? Please tell me I'm misunderstanding right now.

Kirkman talking a little bit about Negan

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/walking-dead-negan-robert-kirkman

Here's what he said about the Lucille scene

"But something as well known as that moment — maybe it would seem like it wouldn’t be a great thing if we did an exact sort of thing just because people might be expecting it. All I want to say is, read the comic, but you’re not going to know what to expect. Part of the reason that that moment was such a big deal in the comic is the fact that you did not expect that it was going to happen, and so we’re very confident that we found a way to keep it as unexpected in the show as it was in the comic. So it should be just as intense, just as heartbreaking, and just as shocking."

Hmm

Interesting. Makes me feel like anyone that most have guessed could be wrong. MAYBE he'll kill two people, and instead of Glenn, Daryl, or Maggie, they'll roll with Carl.(edit: along with Aaron)

dustyherb

I was just coming back to edit my post with Kirkman's quote! Ugh. That quote's the nail in the coffin for me. Oh well.
I still have a little hope that they planned for leaks in advance and are hiding the final scene. They filmed two versions of the scene one with f words one without them. They could definitely be holding something back still.
But honestly I am expecting a cliffhanger at this point. I don't really know what to ever believe when Kirkman says anything cause the dude is a master troll at this point. Everything he's saying could be complete bullshit or the truth.

Why I'm excited about Negan

+ It's fucking Negan. Such a charismatic antagonist in the source material, I'm sure JDM will do him justice.

+ There was a savage on this show before it was popular to be a savage. He was at one point way ahead of the curve. He's naturally mellowed out a lot these last few seasons though. However, not only will be more ruthless and calculated this time but no amount of farming and guidance is taking him away.

+ The Kingdom and Ezekiel. Might get a hint of it in the finale but full reveal won't happen until S7. I can't wait.

+ Leader Maggie

+ Darcille isn't completely dead yet!

Top Bottom