• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

iPaul93

Yea,after reading that quote,I think they're either going to kill off Aaron or they won't show it at all.If they do that,they can go f*ck themselves.

dustyherb

Oh man, it's happening! I'm so hyped for these next two episodes.

Edit: Wait a second I'm going back on this thread now, Aaron might be getting the Glenn death and it's going to be a cliffhanger? Am I reading this right? Please tell me I'm misunderstanding right now.
Aaron I highly doubt but there are some things that hint at the possibility. A cliffhanger is happening unless somehow AMC and the writers figured out a way to hide the full ending. Some people who have translated the episode for foreign markets have seen the episode. And as far as they know it's a cliffhanger.

Yea,after reading that quote,I think they're either going to kill off Aaron or they won't show it at all.If they do that,they can go f*ck themselves.

He used the word shocking, though. There is nothing shocking about that death. Is anyone attached to Aaron? No? Yeah, didn't think so. Aaron's death is irrelevant unless there is another to join him.

Spizz

Banned
Aaron I highly doubt but there are some things that hint at the possibility. A cliffhanger is happening unless somehow AMC and the writers figured out a way to hide the full ending. Some people who have translated the episode for foreign markets have seen the episode. And as far as they know it's a cliffhanger.
Aaron would be such a ridiculous cop out, there's no way they don't kill off a major character there. The last major death IMO was Herschel, that was quite a long time ago.

And a cliffhanger is bullshit if true. They did such a good job building up Negan this second half and they end with a fade to black first person view?

The scene sounds really good though, but I really dislike how they're doing that death. Guess we'll wait and see.

Well, the fade to black cliffhanger ending would certainly frustrate me and wake me up in the middle of the night, so in that regard Andrew Lincoln wasn't lying.

A cliffhanger means that an Atlanta Five isn't guaranteed to fall to Lucille [which is what should happen] - if it's someone like Sasha, Aaron, Eugene, Abraham? Decent characters but it becomes a joke and Negan becomes just another bad guy.

dustyherb

He used the word shocking, though. There is nothing shocking about that death. Is anyone attached to Aaron? No? Yeah, didn't think so. Aaron's death is irrelevant unless there is another to join him.
He also used the word heartbreaking. Nothing so far from the leaks suggest that the Lucille scene is either of those things. Unless he's talking about breaking our hearts and shocking us with a fade to black lol.

Well, the fade to black cliffhanger ending would certainly frustrate me and wake me up in the middle of the night, so in that regard Andrew Lincoln wasn't lying.
He also said it made him feel sick to his stomach. He could be talking about the cliffhanger but it's a poor choice of words if he is. He's making it sound like someone dies definitely.

He also used the word heartbreaking. Nothing so far from the leaks suggest that the Lucille scene is either of those things. Unless he's talking about breaking our hearts and shocking us with a fade to black lol.

He also said it made him feel sick to his stomach. He could be talking about the cliffhanger but it's a poor choice of words if he is. He's making it sound like someone dies definitely.

I should have used "/s" ;)

Moofers

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that all this "Aaron" talk is just a distraction. There's no way in hell they're going to back down on it. The clues are all there, we are going to see a pretty accurate recreation of how it goes down in the comic.

Spizz

Banned
The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that all this "Aaron" talk is just a distraction. There's no way in hell they're going to back down on it. The clues are all there, we are going to see a pretty accurate recreation of how it goes down in the comic.
That's what I'm holding out for. There's been TV shows where they purposely hold out the last 30 seconds or so of a finale from media outlets to prevent leaks.

It has to be a setup, Gimple and co. have said/done all the right things. There's no way they don't stay faithful here.

#TeamFake

dustyherb

"and so were very confident that we found a way to keep it as unexpected in the show as it was in the comic."

Everyone is expecting a cliffhanger now so the unexpected thing would be someone actually dying. I really feel as if Gimple and Kirkman are trolling us all. I'm definitely on teamfake with Spizz at this point. It would be brilliant if the plan the whole time was to make people think it's a cliffhanger. That way everyone is surprised come finale night. Or maybe I'm just in complete denial. Please don't fuck up Negan's intro Gimple please.

ViciousDS

Banned
My only guess is that he'll kill one just as an introduction to show he's serious and then another as punishment.

They could do a cliffhanger like that

have Negan kill someone insanely attached to the audience. Negans done doing his whomping and beating the shit out of who it is. Takes a step away, hangs the bat on his shoulder, turns around.....says the Pee Pee line and then walks into the camera to a fade making it seem like hes just going to kill everyone there with Lucille.

"and so were very confident that we found a way to keep it as unexpected in the show as it was in the comic."

Everyone is expecting a cliffhanger now so the unexpected thing would be someone actually dying. I really feel as if Gimple and Kirkman are trolling us all. I'm definitely on teamfake with Spizz at this point. It would be brilliant if the plan the whole time was to make people think it's a cliffhanger. That way everyone is surprised come finale night. Or maybe I'm just in complete denial. Please don't fuck up Negan's intro Gimple please.

Here's the thing, and I think someone said as much earlier in this thread maybe, but yes, Negan's intro was unexpected and shocking sure. But for me reading it, the feeling I had that I need them to recreate (for me and the audience) is disbelief at what you're seeing unfold.

I remember when the bat hit Glenn's head the first time and I thought "no way, he's going to be a vegetable, but he's gonna survive". I couldn't believe what was actually happening. This sounds like they're taking that and turning it into a typical bullshit serial cliffhanger. Explains why Yuen was so open about his comics fate. We're not gonna know if it was him or not till October. Ugh.

dustyherb

Here's the thing, and I think someone said as much earlier in this thread maybe, but yes, Negan's intro was unexpected and shocking sure. But for me reading it, the feeling I had that I need them to recreate (for me and the audience) is disbelief at what you're seeing unfold.

I remember when the bat hit Glenn's head the first time and I thought "no way, he's going to be a vegetable, but he's gonna survive". I couldn't believe what was actually happening. This sounds like they're taking that and turning it into a typical bullshit serial cliffhanger. Explains why Yuen was so open about his comics fate. We're not gonna know if it was him or not till October. Ugh.
That's the exact feeling I had as well when reading it and a cliffhanger would ruin that in every way. The real question is why would Gimple and Kirkman be constantly talking about how important Negan is, how this is such an iconic scene and getting it right is essential, not to mention Gimple is the biggest fanboy and loves copying the comics as much as he can. Then they do the complete opposite and ruin it with a cliffhanger? Just doesn't make any sense at all. Unless AMC had final say it in and even then a cliffhanger makes zero sense for them. Maybe it would boost ratings a bit but the person who dies would leak eventually ruining all the build up till season 7.

That's the exact feeling I had as well when reading it and a cliffhanger would ruin that in every way. The real question is why would Gimple and Kirkman be constantly talking about how important Negan is, how this is such an iconic scene and getting it right is essential, not to mention Gimple is the biggest fanboy and loves copying the comics as much as he can. Then they do the complete opposite and ruin it with a cliffhanger? Just doesn't make any sense at all. Unless AMC had final say it in and even then a cliffhanger makes zero sense for them. Maybe it would boost ratings a bit but the person who dies would leak eventually ruining all the build up till season 7.

Yep I can see it being an AMC executive decision. They're thinking of all the buzz and "social conversation" that it will generate between the finale and the premiere.

Can't you just see Hardwick being like "TWEET HASHTAG #WHOGOTLUCILLED TO JOIN THE CONVERSATION AND SHARE WHO YOU THINK WOULD BE THE BIGGEST LOSS TO THE GROUP!"?

Christ, I can even see the In Memoriam segment on Talking Dead having a big question mark for whoever got their brains beat in.

Yep I can see it being an AMC executive decision. They're thinking of all the buzz and "social conversation" that it will generate between the finale and the premiere.

Can't you just see Hardwick being like "TWEET HASHTAG #WHOGOTLUCILLED TO JOIN THE CONVERSATION AND SHARE WHO YOU THINK WOULD BE THE BIGGEST LOSS TO THE GROUP!"?

Christ, I can even see the In Memoriam segment on Talking Dead having a big question mark for whoever got their brains beat in.

Are you from the future.

Spizz

Banned

Absolutely disgusting.

I think Negan will take our Carol first.

Next season it's the same spot with everyone reacting shocked to what he did. He then goes to Eugene and beats him to death. Just to make the point even clearer. Maybe makes a joke about it cause he would have heard the crouch biting incident. idk hehe im excited.

I really hope we know who it is before it ends.

JustinBB7

I don't know much about what is going to happen next, I only read the comics up until the wolfs came because I didn't want to spoil the TV show for myself. (I'm only here because I did find out about the big negan kill just from being on the internet really)

So I'm wondering, how long is Negan's arc in the comics and how "big" is it in terms of story stuff happening?

I know AMC will most likely stretch it out as long as they can like they usually do. But just wondering what his impact is beyond the first meeting.

I don't know much about what is going to happen next, I only read the comics up until the wolfs came because I didn't want to spoil the TV show for myself. (I'm only here because I did find out about the big negan kill just from being on the internet really)

So I'm wondering, how long is Negan's arc in the comics and how "big" is it in terms of story stuff happening?

I know AMC will most likely stretch it out as long as they can like they usually do. But just wondering what his impact is beyond the first meeting.

If they follow the comics he'll be prominently involved for a VERY long time.

I'm going to go ahead and say that he's easily the most compelling character Kirkman has created thus far.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm still on Team "Carol gets captured and next season they do some kind of trade and she fulfills Holly's role from the comics". Lets go!

Negan looks great so far, how does he sound? I can't watch it with audio at the moment and it's killing me.

edit - Also, maybe they'll use Carol in the scenes that Carl had with Negan since Chandler Riggs is a bad actor and I'd hate to have him ruin those scenes.

Spizz

Banned
I'm still on Team "Carol gets captured and next season they do some kind of trade and she fulfills Holly's role from the comics". Lets go!

Negan looks great so far, how does he sound? I can't watch it with audio at the moment and it's killing me.

A calm yet powerful voice, JDM sounded great.

It's a "shocking" kill no matter who it is when we see someone turned to hamburger with a barbed-wire baseball bat. But not if it's a POV kill / cliffhanger... though I do expect Nicotero to go HAM. At some point?

SO MANY CONTRADICTIONS. This is fun, though. At least until the episode airs and the worst happens...

It's a "shocking" kill no matter who it is when we see someone turned to hamburger with a barbed-wire baseball bat. But not if it's a POV kill / cliffhanger... though I do expect Nicotero to go HAM. At some point?

SO MANY CONTRADICTIONS. This is fun, though. At least until the episode airs and the worst happens...
They had no problem showing Noah get his face ripped apart or the Governor hack Hershel's head off...but they're chickening out with a POV shot for this

fauxtrot

Banned
After checking out that spoiler image again with
Daryl
and Lucille, I wonder if it's a fake. Lucille looks different to me in that pic than in the ones from the preview, but maybe it's just the image quality of the leaked image vs the angle of the bat in the preview. It just looks like the barbed wire is much more prominent/tightly wound and not as spaced out in the preview. Also the surroundings look different in each.

Probably just me examining both too closely looking for differences...

JustinBB7

After checking out that spoiler image again with
Daryl
and Lucille, I wonder if it's a fake. Lucille looks different to me in that pic than in the ones from the preview, but maybe it's just the image quality of the leaked image vs the angle of the bat in the preview. It just looks like the barbed wire is much more prominent/tightly wound and not as spaced out in the preview. Also the surroundings look different in each.

Probably just me examining both too closely looking for differences...

I'm guessing fake now, since the promo seems to be in the dark, the picture is during daylight.

They had no problem showing Noah get his face ripped apart or the Governor hack Hershel's head off...but they're chickening out with a POV shot for this

"You see we wanted to have the audience really feel the impact of the scene. What better way to do that than have the audience be beaten to death by Negan?"

Bet you this or something similar is said on Talking Dead.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
"You see we wanted to have the audience really feel the impact of the scene. What better way to do that than have the audience be beaten to death by Negan?"

I hate the world right now.

It's so weird, isn't it? Makes the speculation more fun.

STAHP

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Killing two gay characters back to back probably wouldn't be a good look either. The optics!

I completely forgot that Fear the Walking Dead premieres the week after the finale. It's not quite as fun as the main series, but I have no idea what will happen in that show since it isn't borrowing anything from the comics.

The way Kirkman talks about Negan, how much he loves the character, and this is the big moment, I jus can't see them resorting to a cliffhanger
Part of the reason that that moment was such a big deal in the comic is the fact that you did not expect that it was going to happen, and so we’re very confident that we found a way to keep it as unexpected in the show as it was in the comic. So it should be just as intense, just as heartbreaking, and just as shocking.
I just don't see how a cliffhanger ending can be heartbreaking

dustyherb

So I figured out something that hopefully brings a little hope to this whole situation. One of the Administrators over at the spoiling dead was saying that she was told that nobody was going to receive the last few minutes of the episode in screener form. She wasn't sure if that's still happening for sure but it's possible. She said that it's possible these leaks are from a translator who received a raw cut of the episode and a script so they could begin dubbing episodes for international broadcasts.
Doesn't mean anything for sure but there's still hope no one but the writers and AMC have seen the final cut of this episode.

iPaul93

So I figured out something that hopefully brings a little hope to this whole situation. One of the Administrators over at the spoiling dead was saying that she was told that nobody was going to receive the last few minutes of the episode in screener form. She wasn't sure if that's still happening for sure but it's possible. She said that it's possible these leaks are from a translator who received a raw cut of the episode and a script so they could begin dubbing episodes for international broadcasts.
Doesn't mean anything for sure but there's still hope no one but the writers and AMC have seen the final cut of this episode.
Man,I sure hope youre right.

Can you imagine if the victim was chosen through an online twitter poll? It would be glorious. Like when fans got to choose if Carmine lived or died in Gears 3.

dustyherb

The way Kirkman talks about Negan, how much he loves the character, and this is the big moment, I jus can't see them resorting to a cliffhanger

I just don't see how a cliffhanger ending can be heartbreaking
Not only the way Kirkman talks about him but Gimple as well. He called him the best character created in the last ten years or something like that. They're both always talking about how important his character is and how they have to make sure he's done correctly in the show. I just can't imagine after everything they have said about this character they would fuck up his intro.

And it's definitfly not heartbreaking unless he's being troll Kirkman and means we're all going to be heartbroken after the cliffhanger.

*prayer hands emoji*

Edit: re: your post above, I'm comfortable calling Negan the best character in TWD as a whole.

Spizz

Banned
It has to be true... I have to believe this, for my sanity.

Isn't that what the guy said in the other thread? He's translating for his country? Did anyone ever PM him to get the details? He said he'd provide...
EDIT: Jurec84: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198983198&postcount=6030. I just PM'd him.

Top Bottom