• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dresden said:
So... the cover for the fourth Panty & Stocking blu-ray has Kneesocks, nude, and all it did was make me realize that she looks like one of those MLP ponies, down to having hooves for feet.

It's either that or I'm just seeing things.
It also has a bonus soundtrack with songs not on the 1st OST. I want it now!

Swag

Are the romance plot lines in Yosuga No Sora good? Would be interesting to see something that explored the entire romance cycle

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sebulon3k said:
Are the romance plot lines in Yosuga No Sora good? Would be interesting to see something that explored the entire romance cycle
No no no no no no no.

NO.

No.

Haly

zeroshiki said:
Give it up. Sebulon is worse than the guy from MM. He's gonna watch Yosuga and blow his brains out and there's nothing we can do about it.
I must save whoever I can.

I watched it in its entirety.

Watch Amagami SS or something.

Haly

Sebulon3k said:
About to finish this actually, have 2 arcs left! What does MM stand for?
The show itself is called MM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MM!

I assume one of the Ms is masochist, I guess the other one might be too.

zeroshiki said:
Yosuga no Sora is crap. Even without the sex, its the worst kind of generic harem anime you can find.

Yeah, watch those new Hen Zemi OVAs instead.

I found WoT boring. I'm a ASOIAF fan though so I can't really talk much. I was just making a joke about the braid thing. You got to admit the braid pulling is kinda excessive.

ASOAIF has denser books than WOT, you have no grounds to talk... :)

Sure though, yeah, ASOAIF is a great series. The world is very well designed, and it feels more authentically medieval than a lot of fantasy does, which really counts for something for me. But is the series as good, or as fun to read, as WOT? In my opinion, no. I like WOT more. And no, I won't admit the braid pulling is excessive. Sure, she does it often, but the idea is that it's her nervous habit, and I think as such it works well enough...

zeroshiki

A Black Falcon said:
Yeah, watch those new Hen Zemi OVAs instead.

ASOAIF has denser books than WOT, you have no grounds to talk... :)

Sure though, yeah, ASOAIF is a great series. The world is very well designed, and it feels more authentically medieval than a lot of fantasy does, which really counts for something for me. But is the series as good, or as fun to read, as WOT? In my opinion, no. I like WOT more. And no, I won't admit the braid pulling is excessive. Sure, she does it often, but the idea is that it's her nervous habit, and I think as such it works well enough...

GRRM writes more believable characters IMO. Jordan likes his flowery words. For world building and actual plot, GRRM stands above Jordan.

Geneijin

mAcOdIn, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'll have to continue past this episode. I'll probably finish it too. It's a different kind of unbelievable. Here's something to jog your memory.

PW4iz.jpg

wlNbv.jpg

XeFSs.jpg

N6cg1.jpg

mV1YC.jpg

OtX86.jpg

InfiniteNine said:
Ah, nice day! Thread is all finished, new OreImo, and JastUSA is hinting at a US release of Saya no Uta. Good times.

Ooh, awesome. I'd play through it again with an official translation (unless they're using the fan one).

Branduil

Geneijin said:
mAcOdIn, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'll have to continue past this episode. I'll probably finish it too. It's a different kind of unbelievable. Here's something to jog your memory.

PW4iz.jpg

wlNbv.jpg

XeFSs.jpg

N6cg1.jpg

mV1YC.jpg

OtX86.jpg
What is this?

Dina

So any consensus about this season yet. I might try Appleseed cause that's one that looks interesting (as in, not generally the same crap as everything before) to me.

Articalys

Well gee, that ending sequence for the OreImo episode wasn't trying to imply anything at all.

Nice Kana Hanazawa song though.

Uchip

Banned
Articalys said:
Well gee, that ending sequence for the OreImo episode wasn't trying to imply anything at all.

Nice Kana Hanazawa song though.

you know i have friends who insist that there is no hinting at incest in oreimo :|

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Uchip said:
you know i have friends who insist that there is no hinting at incest in oreimo :|
Your friends are actually half-correct, plus it's not a incest show despite the fact the show frequently flirts with it.

Geneijin said:
Glass Fleet.
And made by Gonzo.
You know that actually sounds and looks awesome.. but gonzo.

Steroyd

InfiniteNine said:
I'm all for more adorable Lotte! Holo, Index, and a few others are in there too.

Going on a media blackout made me forget about the cameo's, can't wait to play guess which anime it's from after spending 200 hours eventually obtaining the omega spells.

Uchip

Banned
Lafiel said:
Your friends are actually half-correct, plus it's not a incest show despite the fact the show frequently flirts with it.

they never hook up (yet)
but the guy checks out his sister on multiple occasions and they both obviously have the hots for each other.
it just felt a little insidious, as if it were justifying itself to its fans through being a tease rather than full on incest. The fact that kirino drools over underage naked "little sisters" was beyond creepy and totally a parallel between her and the type of people the story is marketed towards.

Steroyd

Uchip said:
they never hook up (yet)
but the guy checks out his sister on multiple occasions and they both obviously have the hots for each other.

I don't see it, unless you're misreading Kirino wanting the attention she lost when they stopped talking to each other for years, it's why she's seen going through a bitchy fit when he spends the kirino-less day out with friendzoned-chan and people.

Uchip

Banned
Steroyd said:
I don't see it, unless you're misreading Kirino wanting the attention she lost when they stopped talking to each other for years, it's why she's seen going through a bitchy fit when he spends the kirino-less day out with friendzoned-chan and people.
I havent seen the bonus episodes

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Uchip said:
they never hook up (yet)
it just felt a little insidious, as if it were justifying itself to its fans through being a tease rather than full on incest. The fact that kirino drools over underage naked "little sisters" was beyond creepy and totally a parallel between her and the type of people the story is marketed towards.
Haven't read the spoilers for the later light novels?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Geneijin said:
Does it? It's truly beyond words at times. I got a good laugh at this.

I didn't know they still used cryptography in the future!

no
not interested enough
feel free to tell me all about it though
The main character ends up in a relationship with kuroneko

Uchip

Banned
Lafiel said:

The main character ends up in a relationship with kuroneko

that's funny because kirinos nerdy friends were the only likable characters imo

Geneijin

Branduil said:
So the thing with the fireworks is a serious plot event too?
Yes. Unbelievably, none of those shots are out of context believe it or not. Both the fireworks surrender and sending a message happened in episode 1 too.

Lafiel said:
Exactly :lol. I really miss my :lol smiley. It's so appropriate here.

Swag

P&S 01
There are so many awesome things about this show, I don't even think I could contain it in one post.

Uchip

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
P&S 01
There are so many awesome things about this show, I don't even think I could contain it in one post.

reminds me i have to add that to my watched list
P&S was one of the few unique shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom