• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
You're right, it certainly wasn't an Endless Eight.
This is what we monocle people refer to as "pwned."

firehawk12 said:
I still think you guys are all hypocrites on that issue, but whatever. :lol

The only way someone can possibly be a hypocrite in regards to Endless Eight is if they claim to watching the exact same boring story over and over again.

iavi

icarus-daedelus said:
You have to give the monocle nerds a break on this one, as it was the first Yuasa show with decent writing.

I thought that Kemonozume was a sacred entity around these corners?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
You have to give the monocle nerds a break on this one, as it was the first Yuasa show with decent writing.
I suppose there's that. :p

It's Maria Holic, dude, you yourself even called it the bad Shaft show! (I think) What were you expecting really?
I guess I did find S1 boring, but I totally put it out of my mind. I think the one bad Shaft show was I referring to was loli-Vampires, but I haven't actually seen it!

Lafiel said:
I could say something to this but it would repeating yet a another point of discussion.... oh i see jexhius has beat me to that.

That said tatami galaxy was the show that really restored my faith in anime as a medium, as i was finding myself bored as hell with anime during the time tatami galaxy was airing.:lol

Plus it is a generally excellent show with a solid ending.
I think it's because it was post E8 and my generally cynicism when it comes to science fiction, but for me it showed its cards way too soon.

Miri said:
I knew nothing about it going in. That probably helped in my case, def.
I almost wondering if Madoka fans are setting that show up to fail in the long run.
Of course, I'm part of the problem, because when episode 3 happened, I called it "The Shield of anime" (I'm embarrassed for that and apologize!)

Jex

Miri said:
To repeat a point mentioned earlier: there aren't sacred cows around here.

Even if it is very well liked.

Branduil

icarus-daedelus said:
I have to admit, I can never tell when the dude is really a chick and vice versa in anime. It was really strange watching Summer Wars - a movie I have seen before! - on blu-ray and realizing like halfway through that I had pegged the gender of one of the characters wrong.
It was the brown kid, wasn't it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Branduil said:
The only way someone can possibly be a hypocrite in regards to Endless Eight is if they claim to watching the exact same boring story over and over again.
Oh hey, like the first 4, then the later 3 episodes of Tatami Galaxy!

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Miri said:

It is in that it is good and that thinking otherwise is all kinds of wrong, but it isn't "sacred" by any means.

Jex

Branduil said:
It was the brown kid, wasn't it?
Who knows what he/she really was.
firehawk12 said:
Oh hey, like the first 4, then the later 3 episodes of Tatami Galaxy!
I think we need to go to a dictionary over how "similar" and "identical" are rather different.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jexhius said:
I think we need to go to a dictionary over how "similar" and "identical" are rather different.
You plot guys are easy to please I suppose (and I'm a fan of the show!).

But, my point was, Spring 2010 was pretty good.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Miri said:
Every time good anime romance is mentioned, Kemonozume is brought up.

It's my fault. :x Gotta make sure people know what's what after all.

Uchip

Banned
Miri said:
Every time good anime romance is mentioned, Kemonozume is brought up.

Tis is true.

To be honest
I didn't think much of the romance as it was embedded in heavy insanity
the last episode in particular just made me make a o_O face

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Solune said:
You can't fool a fool
Don't flatter yourself, it was to get a rise out of all those meguca fans who is suffering. :p

Also, Last Exile I felt was really very good, but there was ONE thing that was really sloppy.

It was basically that every slice of life type moment was TERRIBLY edited and sequenced. The shot selection, the camera pans, the cuts, the sequence choice, and the direction of all the non-combat slice of life and most of the non-combat DURAMA! moments were all just so sloppily done. Hell, even the plot made sense to me (it's actually pretty good and they do well to give you the right clues when controlling perception), it's just that editing and sequencing and non-essential writing, it was just like they let it hang in the breeze. If they had picked that up and handled it as carefully as the rest of the plot, the show could have been a GREAT instead of just a classic.

Jex

Someone has to be around to lest us know how much Baccano/Mushi-Shi/Dennou Coil/Kemonozume suck.

I don't think I really dislike any sacred crows.

Apart from Gundam Zeta.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
firehawk12 said:
Oh, I know, the song has the glorious and angelic voice of Yuu Kobayashi. But if the show itself is blah, it's all wasted.

Maybe if the show was completely about Mariya, I could at least trick myself into liking it unconditionally...
Yeah, it's just really running on a treadmill at this point with the same stuff. The fact that they started up a second season for more long distance imaginary ogling is pathetic.

I mean the episode even set a short term goal of confession under the blossoming tree, but it seemed to be completely forgotten no more than a minute later. Instead we got more "God" jokes.

iavi

Uchip said:
To be honest
I didn't think much of the romance as it was embedded in heavy insanity

I was noticing this myself.

icarus-daedelus said:
It's pretty puerile and it goes downhill fast, and does nothing interesting at all with a most interesting premise (cannibalism!), but most of the people who've seen it seem to like it. I, however, am not a fan.

I also happen to be noticing this. I've yet to finish it, and I'm having a hard time bringing myself to. I've got it all loaded on my phone as my on-the-go show, but always end up reading an ebook, or manga chapter instead.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dance In My Blood said:
Yeah, it's just really running on a treadmill at this point with the same stuff. The fact that they started up a second season for more long distance imaginary ogling is pathetic.

I mean the episode even set a short term goal of confession under the blossoming tree, but it seemed to be completely forgotten no more than a minute later. Instead we got more "God" jokes.
The long and short of it is: the show is just bad. :(

Yet, I'll still watch because of KobayaShaft... so, a sucker is me.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Someone has to be around to lest us know how much Baccano/Mushi-Shi/Dennou Coil/Kemonozume suck.

I don't think I really dislike any sacred crows.

Apart from Gundam Zeta.
Now that you've come around on Haibane Renmei and K-on, I guess not. You're in danger of losing your monocle at this rate, you better find something to hate.

Dresden

Miri said:
I also happen to be noticing this. I've yet to finish it, and I'm having a hard time bringing myself to. I've got it all loaded on my phone as my on-the-go show, but always end up reading an ebook, or manga chapter instead.
May as well just bail out at that point.

Uchip

Banned
dororon 1
MERA MERA MERA MERA MERA MERA really translates to
Ignite my soul gem and let it burn o_O?
my friend told me of the niwa niwa language gimmick maybe its like that

i feel like i should have smoked a j before watching this one
reminds me of disgaea for some reason

trejo

Maria Holic Alive 1

No OP/ED this time, which sucks.

Eh, could've been better but more God is always a good thing. Will keep watching for now unless it goes completely to shit.

firehawk12 said:
I guess I did find S1 boring, but I totally put it out of my mind. I think the one bad Shaft show was I referring to was loli-Vampires, but I haven't actually seen it!
You'll have to be more specific because they've made more than one loli vampire show. But then again, I guess the point is moot since they're both godawful tripe.

Geneijin

icarus-daedelus said:
I have to admit, I can never tell when the dude is really a chick and vice versa in anime.
A topic of discussion worthy of nominations and accolades. I need suggestions.

trejo said:
You'll have to be more specific because they've made more than one loli vampire show. But then again, I guess the point is moot since they're both godawful tripe.
Vampiric Bund

iavi

Found a funny little something that I did years ago, while going through my music. Anime related. It's the first thing in garageband, after getting my first keyboard. Sounds like shit, but try to bump this in your ride and check the looks that you get. I fucking guarantee you'll get expressions that you've never seen before.

I uploaded it over at Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/sigstasto/d-d-mke

Uchip said:
so dororon is considered a good show right?
i mean it was entertaining, but one of the best this season?

I didn't think much of Wandering Son, but many consider it the best show of last season. No one's forcing you to love what everyone else does.

Branduil

Uchip said:
so dororon is considered a good show right?
i mean it was entertaining, but one of the best this season?
It's well-made, but it seems pretty monster-of-the-week-ish. I doubt I will keep up with it with all the good shows this season.

Uchip

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
I didn't think much of Wandering Son, but many consider it the best show of last season. No one's forcing you to love what everyone else does.

where did I say they were?

mAcOdIn

Dresden said:
It's the Evangelion of our time.
So it's a skipper then?
Dresden said:
Wait, that's the actual OP?
Yep, although there's another OP for when she gets hungry, only used for a few episodes, I marathoned that show a year or two back and lets say I was thankful for the change, both OPs suck but a man can only handle so many neko mimi mode.
firehawk12 said:
Someone should make an English version.

"Cat ears. Caaaaaat eeeears."
No need, I'm pretty sure everyone hates it in Japanese so it's not like anyone thinks it's cool and then would change their mind if it were translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom