• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

mAcOdIn

zeroshiki said:
I'd want to visit the K-On house if they ever opened it to the public though. Just for the experience *cough*cough*
Why are you coughing, you wouldn't try and sniff something from an underwear drawer just to find that it had been mothballed would you? Amateur.

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
Well, yeah, nerds buy shit that cute girls own. :lol

I'm just wondering if Fender paid them, they paid Fender, or if there are no actual laws against using brand names in Japan and people eat "Pochy" because it's funny or something.
Some animes will just do that and get away with it. Dear Boys had a bunch of EuroBeat songs they never released :lol

Geneijin

Jexhius said:
No, that's not the one. There was a real one, not idolmaster branded, no robots either. Unfortunately Idol wasn't in the name either.

It could be any show from 2000 - 2009.
Full Moon Wo Sagashite?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Geneijin said:
Some animes will just do that and get away with it. Dear Boys had a bunch of EuroBeat songs they never released :lol
Yeah, probably. It just seems weird when some shows will use official products and some will make things up, especially when there's no real rhyme or reason for either representation of products.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
You're part of the problem! And didn't they do that with the Lucky Star house?

In my experience, there aren't really very many nerd places to go to. (Or I never bothered to look)

There was the 1:1 RX-78 (also with a 1:8 Red Zaku) and then the various expos but other than that, its just creepy stores in Akihabara.

I'd welcome a tourist spot for nerds like that.

Geneijin said:
Full Moon Wo Sagashite?

Its probably this unless Jex has gone all pedo on us and started watching LilPuri. That's an idol show for kids.

Jex

Ah well, I'll just resign to myself to finding it at some point in the future. Maybe.

Time for Moshidora!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
firehawk12 said:
Someone spec'ed out the Hirasawa house:
http://www.otakureview.net/?p=8063
$500k

But this is like asking how someone can work in a coffee shop yet have a giant apartment in Friends.
Jesus, THAT is boredom. I just know this stuff from unrelated experience. Still, I'm not questioning that they have the equipment. It makes total sense, if all of their parents are upper-middle class and can afford to bestow such things upon their children, and thus it makes sense that Mio would have $300 studio headphones. At best, as a poor-ass college student with teachers for parents who could barely afford his $150 5w tube amp, I'm jealous. I'm really fucking jealous.

Oh well, I suppose I'll take refuge in the vintage Gretsch jazz drum kit with vintage US factory unmarked Zildjians that was passed down from my late grandfather... if only I could play them. ;___;

Oh, and I don't have to pay for college. That's nice too. :D

Gintama
Why have I never watched this show until now?! So good
voGYy.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
firehawk12 said:
They made a CSI: Miami sunglasses joke in the Maria Holic preview.

Memes are a powerful thing.
Well Nice Boat is actually an american made meme too that got adopted by the creators. 0verflow makes Nice Boat merch and sells it at their booths.

mAcOdIn

Aww, Maria+Holic Alive episode 3 kinda sucked, although they did do a CSI thing after the ending which could have been cool if they did it in the middle after Kanako assaulted God's dog and had someone yell "YEAAAAHHHH" really loud with the Horatio parody making some lame one-liner.

Also, it's almost endearing listening to yes and no be pronounced so strangely. In episode 1 you had Matsurika give Kanako the choice of "Yes or yes," which came off so robotic this time it was Sachi trying to say "no" but ending up sounding like a cat.

Hopefully they release the Bluray for these over here.
firehawk12 said:
They made a CSI: Miami sunglasses joke in the Maria Holic preview.

Memes are a powerful thing.
Damnit!

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Gendo is a boss. Instead of wasting time on any/all of the female characters, Eva fans should be drawing fanart of badass motherfucker Gendo more often.
But when they do it's usually creepy fan art.

/anime fans.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
Gendo is a boss. Instead of wasting time on any/all of the female characters, Eva fans should be drawing fanart of badass motherfucker Gendo more often.
He's just obsessed with his kinda-dead wife.

Hrm, I never thought about it, but it's kind of weird that he was slept with a woman and then her daughter. Shame, who needs shame when you get results?

Dresden said:
I think so.
Yeah, it is. Some Japanese TV show flew some guy to IGN's offices just to meet the guys in the picture.

hellclerk

zeroshiki said:
Isn't the IGN editors meme kinda popular in Japan too?
Gaijin 4-koma? totally.

I don't know what I'm doing... why am I DLing Koe de Oshigoto!? I'm probably going to watch it, and then I'm probably going to end up a little aroused, and feel very dirty and in need of a cold shower...

Jexhius said:
But when they do it's usually creepy fan art.

/anime fans.
I've noted a disturbing trend of muscle-girl fanart for Evangelion. It's so bizarre, I'm not even really creeped out. It's just... why?

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
He's just obsessed with his kinda-dead wife.

Hrm, I never thought about it, but it's kind of weird that he was slept with a woman and then her daughter. Shame, who needs shame when you get results?
Hey, man.

Those chicks threw themselves on him.

flawfuls

Well now that all the spring shows have aired I believe it is now time for the sacred Anime-GAF ritual of listing and ranking.

Will Watch

1) Hanasaku Iroha
2) Ano Hana
3) Dororon Enma-kun
4) Gintama
5) Kaiji 2
6) Hyouge Mono
7) Ao no Exorcist
8) Showa Monogatari
9) Azazel-san
10) Tiger & Bunny
11) Moshidora
12) Nichijou
13) C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
14) Toriko
15) Steins;Gate
16) Fireball Charming

Might keep watching

17) Sket Dance
18) Denpa Onna
19) X-Men
20) Dog Days
21) Hen Zemi

Won't watch

22) Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal
23) Hidan no Aria
24) Lotte no Omocha
25) A Channel
26) Happy Kappy
27) Suzy's Zoo Daisuki! Witzy
28) 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku
29) Sofuteni
30) Sengoku Otome
31) Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
32) Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai

Jex

firehawk12 said:
Gendo's just a playa.
doomed1 said:
I've noted a disturbing trend of muscle-girl fanart for Evangelion. It's so bizarre, I'm not even really creeped out. It's just... why?
I doubt it's anything specific. More like:

Eva has a huge amount of fans. Therefore, it's fandom contains people who enjoy ever conceivable fetish therefore you'd get a diverse range of fan art.

Dresden

Will keep watching:

1:Dororon Enma-kun
2:Hanasaku Iroha

Unranked:
TWGOK2
Hyouge Mono
Tiger & Bunny
Blue Exorcist
[C]
Kaiji 2

May keep watching:

Dog Days
Steins;Gate
Nichijou
Denpa Onna
AnoHana
X-Men
Gintama

Dropped/Ignored

everything else

Oh man, rankings are hard this time. Lot of stuff is good.

1. Enma-Kun, Toriko, Kaiji (3 way tie)
4. C
5. Tiger & Bunny
6. Blue Exorcist
7. Deadman Wonderland
8. Sket Dance
9. Dog Days
10. 30 year old virgin
11. X-Men
12. TWGOK 2
13. Denpa

Tiger and Bunny 4:
Now, this is what I've been waiting for. After Episode 1, I was really hoping for more episodes like that that give us more character focused drama, as opposed to 2 and 3 that felt really like generic superhero stories (but not as good as the truly good ones). This episode was a big move in the other direction, and we got a good window into the personality of a character as well as an idea of how being a hero affects your life in different ways.

I really liked the scene with them talking at the bar.

More episodes like this, please.

hellclerk

Jexhius said:
I doubt it's anything specific. More like:

Eva has a huge amount of fans. Therefore, it's fandom contains people who enjoy ever conceivable fetish therefore you'd get a diverse range of fan art.
No, I mean like, disproportionate amounts. From different artists. It's just bizarre...

Anyway, started up Koe de Oshigoto! and from that opening bit, I'm kind of wondering if that's an accurate representation of what really happens in the recording rooms of these game companies, since it's a kind of bizarre thing to experience behind the scenes...

Eh, I'll have full thoughts later after fidgeting my way through it.

Watching:
Dororon Enma-kun
Hanasaku Iroha
AnoHana
Tiger & Bunny
[C]
Nichijou
Mohidora
TWGOK2

Maybe pile:
Sket Dance
Denpa Onna
Deadman Wonderland

Still need to check out:
Blue Exorcist

Damn this season.

Articalys

Yes:
Denpa Onna
Ano Hana
Sket Dance
Hanasaku Iroha

Maybe:
Nichijou (if it recovers)
C (when I get around to actually watching it)
Moshidora (same)

Nope.avi:
rest

Blame me for having limited interest/time if you must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom