• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

doomed1 said:
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 9
Oh great, and they were doing so well too... They're combining a poor understanding of conservation of energy with metaphysics to justify all this bullshit.
Well, it doesn't exactly justify it but I thought it was a pretty darn stupid explanations as well. It's fair to say you aren't alone on that point.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
icarus-daedelus said:
Jesus, I hadn't realized it's been just one day and we're already at 1300+ posts.

At this rate we'll easily cheese our way to 20000.

And for once you actually one of the top three posters in the thread! last time i checked anyway

Koi Kaze 1
Brilliant. It wasn't the actual plot, but it was the small things in the background, the look on Koshiro's boss's face as he struggled to give Nanoka the theme park tickets, and then the recurring bear mascot with colorful balloons. And then there's that co-worker with the glasses! Ha! He's a creepy lolicon! It's funny!
Um he's probably the worst part about the show to, and he's very out-of-place with the rest of the series.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jexhius said:
Well, it doesn't exactly justify it but I thought it was a pretty darn stupid explanations as well. It's fair to say you aren't alone on that point.
It's not even really like this is the worst explanation I've seen, it's flat out just dumb. It would actually be brilliant if it was all an elaborate lie and the REAL reason they're doing this is because they just fucking feel like it.

Jexhius said:
Billy Murrary can't pull off ZA WARUDO.
SHUT YO WHORE MOUTH, YES HE CAN.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
What, you guys never have feelings of protectiveness towards Kaiji?
Kaiji is incredibly moe.
Infinite Justice said:
your posts really give off that vibe though (more so than others), which is unfortunate.
You talk like being an elitist is a bad thing.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Lafiel said:
Um he's probably the worst part about the show to, and he's very out-of-place with the rest of the series.
Are you kidding me? He's right at home as a fantastic juxtaposition to HOW SQUICK THIS SHIT ACTUALLY IS.

Watching this guy SWEAT under how painfully "adorable" his sister is being is perhaps the most hilarious thing I've seen this week.

tafer

Jexhius said:
This is isn't as usual, this is the totally insane start of thread which can hit 1,200 posts in around a day.

The previous threads were also impossible to follow... I tried!

I guess everyone is waiting for the loli succubus stuff.

Dresden

Holy shit, five pages after I went out. I can't keep up with this thread.

Hopefully that show about thirty year old virgins getting their cocks sucked helps stem the tide.

I Am Now

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:
Really? Best Buy is the only retail outlet around me that carries animu anymore. Unless you count Halo Legends and Ponyo being carried at Target, which I don't.
Where do you live? Do they have FYE's?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Jexhius said:
Kaiji is incredibly moe.
It's true.
cDfyM.jpg

Jex

Lafiel said:
Well, if you removed him it'd certainly help. Then you'd have no stupid 2D characters in the show.

Jex

doomed1 said:
Oh Good, cause I enjoyed K-ON :D
No no, elitists can wrangle and even greater enjoyment out of K-On!(!) than regular fans.
icarus-daedelus said:
Didn't they talk/rant about this on AWO once or am I imagining it?
Yes, I believe they did, when Clarissa was discussing it,

icarus-daedelus said:
Really? Best Buy is the only retail outlet around me that carries animu anymore. Unless you count Halo Legends and Ponyo being carried at Target, which I don't.
They kept cutting down the section more an more until one day they just said fuck it and put everything they had left on clearance. I got All of Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star out of it anyway. Unfortunately I also got all of the ZOE anime. :(

Jex

cosmicblizzard said:
cosmicblizzard's totally accurate and unbiased elitist ranking list of animu thread regulars:

Class S: Super Monocle People
1. Branduil and Jexhius (tied)
3. Nonoriri

Class A: Fake Monocle People
4. Macodin
5. 7th
6. Jerk...
Sweet, topping the list. It's hard work, but is it really work if you enjoy it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
tafer said:
As usual, this thread is impossible to follow.

Hmm... small question, anyone here ordered the Toradora DVDs and got the replacement for the first volume?
Yup. Got my DVDs through the mail. I don't know if it's still on though.

Jex

Branduil said:
I think doomed's real problem with Madoka is the lack of a creepy 4th-wall-breaking otaku to pant over the girls.
Or the lack of creepy sisters-bending over shots.
Geneijin said:
This talk of Mushishi got me to check out Episode 7 again. It was always one of my most favorite episodes above the others even though Mushishi as a whole is superb. Not sure why it particular sticks out to me.

Anyone have any special favorites as well?
That would be like picking my favourite children.

The ones near the end, where the Mushi-shi's comes and tell their tales to the women.
icarus-daedelus said:
If you start legitimately enjoying Kanon 2002 (you know, except for the art!) then you really know you're too far gone.
Then you know you've crossed that fine, fine line.

Oh wait, it's not that fine of a line.

zeroshiki

icarus-daedelus said:
Jesus, I hadn't realized it's been just one day and we're already at 1300+ posts.

At this rate we'll easily cheese our way to 20000.

At this rate, we'll have 120k posts at the end of the season thus getting as locked and thrown out into the cold harsh world of GAF.

trejo

Zombie Fella 11

Crazy with a healthy dose of awesome, just the way I like it.

Zombie Lad 12

Meh.

Well I guess that's that.

Branduil said:
I think doomed's real problem with Madoka is the lack of a creepy 4th-wall-breaking otaku to pant over the girls.
Ah, the truth comes to surface.

Jex

I Am Now said:
Are they actually going to wrap things up, or does nothing end up changing anyway? If I'm going to invest my time in 6 more hours of this I want closure, dammit!
Man, people complain a lot about anime! It's not about the plot, it's about the mono no aware.
Aigis said:
Anyways...so how bout them spring animes
They make anime in the spring? We should make a thread about that one day.
cosmicblizzard said:
Writing essays about anything will put you high up there. ABF would be higher if anyone read his.
It's a cold kind of logic, that's for sure.
DrForester said:
Totally wrong thread.
Umm.. K-On sucks
I assumed that was valid for all threads.

Lain

flawfuls said:
If you're planning on skipping the races then there is absolutely nothing else there. The races are cool, but the characters are shitty and paper thin and the plot is incredibly basic.

Completely agree. The races (with the eurobeat ost going) are the only reason to watch Initial D.
I have to admit that the OST sort of brainwashed me.

Jex

Halycon said:
Man, this looks like a goddam flash game.
Don't underestimate the power of flash-technology!
icarus-daedelus said:
Hells yeah, Umasou! Time to throw it on the movies-to-watch pile with Gauche the Cellist, Dog of Flanders, Nobita's Dinosaur 06
and Clannad the Movie.
You can't hide your descent into madness!

Dresden

cosmicblizzard said:
cosmicblizzard's totally accurate and unbiased elitist ranking list of animu thread regulars:

Class S: Super Monocle People
1. Branduil and Jexhius (tied)
3. Nonoriri

Class A: Fake Monocle People
4. Macodin
5. 7th
6. Jerk

Class B: Refined Retina Displacement Theory
7. Aigis
8. doomed1
9. icarus-daedelus
10. Lafiel
11. Hellsing321
12. trejo
13. shintoki
14. ABF
15. Jman2050
16. Drforester
17. Halycon
18. Firehawk

Class C: All around mustache club
19. Dresden, flawfuls, Kuwabaratheman (3 way tie)
22. zeroshiki
23. Geneijin
24. cosmicblizzard, steroyd, Lain, infinite justice (4 way tie)
28. tiff
29. Infinitenine
I am okay with this. 19~21 is the classy slot for classy people.

Jex

DrForester said:
I9 will ask Hito to go back in time to stop him from becoming a GAF member.
TIME-PARADOX
Aigis said:
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I love K-ON but not $120 for a two year old 13 episode series love.
icarus-daedelus said:
Blu-ray singles. Ouch. I thought anime distrbutors had stopped that by now. Bandai, sigh. :-/
They're truly the master of trying to sell to as few people as possible.

Jex

zeroshiki said:
But Eva isn't mecha!

(and away we gooooooooo!)
I don't think anyone but crazy mecha fans care about that distinction, in all honesty.
Halycon said:
Considering the roster of "watchable" shows this season (and certain new, uh, posters), I think this level of activity might be maintainable.
A decline is inevitable, and expected, regardless of content. Also, the better shows may well get their own threads, syphoning of the strength of the main trunk.
firehawk12 said:
Haha, I can't see how that would change. Now it's boring, but in English!
K-On! is pretty good, but it's certainly no K-On!!.
firehawk12 said:
Utena or Bebop? You decide!

(Slam Dunk will never happen... sigh. :( ).
You haven't finished Bebop? Or started it?

I shouldn't really be surprised, you've been too busy with Samurai Girls and Infinite Stratos.

flawfuls

Lain said:
Completely agree. The races (with the eurobeat ost going) are the only reason to watch Initial D.
I have to admit that the OST sort of brainwashed me.

Yeah the music was pretty good. Of course the best thing about Initial D was that it inspired the greatest doujinshi ever made:

WULTr.png

Someone needs to translate the rest of this.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Jexhius said:
I don't think anyone but crazy mecha fans care about that distinction, in all honesty.

Kamon said:
It’s that tominoesque thing, saying it’s Gundam, but basically, it’s giant robot anime, right?

Naota said:
I don’t know what you’re talking about!

Categorizing totally inconsequential mecha things is best left to /m/.

Jex

zeroshiki said:
This guy knows what's up.

They have souls. They're not robots!
Man, you're saying robots have no souls? Why? You so some kind of robo-racist?
zeroshiki said:
Does he also skip the sex scenes in hentai?
But where's the theme?

iavi

flawfuls said:
Yeah the music was pretty good. Of course the best thing about Initial D was that it inspired the greatest doujinshi ever made:

Someone needs to translate the rest of this.

Ah, the good ol "multi-track drifting" page, ranks right up there with "obama" in Air Gear, and the Ground shaking bitch slap from Aku no Hana.

Instro

flawfuls said:

http://i.imgur.com/WULTr.png[IMG]

Someone [I]needs[/I] to translate the rest of this.[/QUOTE]

ha gets me every time.

Jex

trejo said:
It's like I don't know you anymore.
Its' hardly like I'm praising Legend of the Overfiend, or something!
Branduil said:
Whether or not it's the best, singular, I can't think of a single series I would place clearly above it.
You and a whole lot of other people!
firehawk12 said:
It's the best anime ever!
The most entertaining
reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom