• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hitokage said:
I've been busy.

Problem is, I'm not entirely sure on what. :(
Watching Sailor Moon (again) or playing Tetris?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wait, people actually read every single post in these threads?

You guys are fucking mental.

Steroyd said:
I would like to say screw you to whoever posted the break dancing dinosaur gif, which I can't find to start off my post.

You are Umasou

I came into this not knowing what to expect, and I came out with a surprisingly feel good entertaining show, it sets the tone at the start when they show the reals of the herbivore and carnivores, and practically runs away with that theme.

Basically it's about a semi herbivore raised carnivore called Heart looking after a herbivore who think it's his daddy who named him Umasou which is a nice play on words because Umasou mean tasty and hearts first sentence he said to him was "You are tasty", the show has nearly everything, drama, a training arc, humour and ass kicking action at the end with a dinosaur that was at least twice Hearts size.

Now that I've got that out of my system, goodnight.

Is the movie subbed yet?

No?

Dammit

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Halycon said:
Watching Sailor Moon (again) or playing Tetris?
I've been playing some Tetris but not as much as I'd like. Same for SSF4/BBCS/AH3/MVC3 (nm, fuck MVC3). Yet I haven't exactly been studying that much either. Just lots of time spent on miscellaneous crap that I've been needing to get done.

Oh, and retro gaming. :D

Egh That exorcist who is satan's illegitimate sons seems okay but I'll pass on this anime season.

Honestly the only thing that I want is more Hajime no ippo anime.

Hitokage said:
I've been busy. Problem is, I'm not entirely sure on what. :(

Oh, and sorry if I was being mean.

Hey, I know you were just joking around :D. Just happy to know my opinion isn't worth the least out of everyone here.

iavi

ssolitare said:
Egh That exorcist who is satan's illegitimate sons seems okay but I'll pass on this anime season.

Honestly the only thing that I want is more Hajime no ippo anime.

Wow, if this were last season I could agree with you. But this season? Crazy talk.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Put me in the camp that reads all the posts in the anime thread except skims all the ABF / Macodin wall of texts..

Paprikka

I still love with Macross F songs. I think I can still remember the words to Triangular. :(
Kimi wa dare to kisu o suru~
Don't care what anyone says I still like the Nyan Nyan Special Service Medley with the final battle, though I'll be damned if the full version I have isn't 12 minutes long. It's ridiculous.

Solune

Hitokage said:
I've been playing some Tetris but not as much as I'd like. Same for SSF4/BBCS/AH3/MVC3 (nm, fuck MVC3). Yet I haven't exactly been studying that much either. Just lots of time spent on miscellaneous crap that I've been needing to get done.

Oh, and retro gaming. :D
You sound salty, very salty. Upset about Sent?

Branduil

Hitokage said:
Remember how I chided that guy for watching Zero no Tsukaima 2?

I've seen all three.
I've never watched a crappy anime that's that long, though I did watch all of DEEN's craptastic Umineko.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
It's... I dunno, after Winter Sonata, all I can say is that it's very Asian drama.
I haft to say the use of music would probably annoy the hell out of me in a live-action show, but i surprisingly tolerate it in a anime.

Plus they are some genuinely well-done aspects about the series.

Hmm Appleseed XIII and possbily X-Men?
Sorry to tell you, but both have a 99% chance of being terrible.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh yeah, another factor in me posting less was my ipod touch getting stolen back in December, depriving me of my ability to post during math lectures or at random locations on campus.

Solune said:
You sound salty, very salty. Upset about Sent?
I never took the game that seriously pre-nerf, and I'm not taking it seriously post-nerf. I've been focusing on other games anyway and Marvel just serves as a distraction.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Paprikka said:
Kimi wa dare to kisu o suru~
Don't care what anyone says I still like the Nyan Nyan Special Service Medley with the final battle, though I'll be damned if the full version I have isn't 12 minutes long. It's ridiculous.
That's sadly my favourite part of the final episode and the only reason why I watched that more than once.

Which reminds me, I still need to watch the movie sometime.

trejo

I usually read every post and skim over the ABF/mac convos. But there were times in the Fall thread were it grew like dozens of pages seemingly overnight and I just said eff that.

Paprikka said:
It's pretty awesome. I'm with you on that one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lafiel said:
I haft to say the use of music would probably annoy the hell out of me in a live-action show, but i surprisingly tolerate it in a anime.

Yeah, I mean, if for some reason you wanted to watch a serious meditation on incest or genetic sexual attraction disorder (or whatever that's called), then it's really the best you'll do.

Lafiel said:

Sorry to tell you, but both have a 99% chance of being terrible.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

tafer

As usual, this thread is impossible to follow.

Hmm... small question, anyone here ordered the Toradora DVDs and got the replacement for the first volume?

Solune

Hitokage said:
Oh yeah, another factor in me posting less was my ipod touch getting stolen back in December, depriving me of my ability to post during math lectures or at random locations on campus.

I never took the game that seriously pre-nerf, and I'm not taking it seriously post-nerf. I've been focusing on other games anyway and Marvel just serves as a distraction.
Sucks about the Ipod =(. And ahh I see. Super late and off topic but how was Final Round? Don't think you posted your impressions, or didn't see them anyways.
tafer said:
As usual, this thread is impossible to follow.

Hmm... small question, anyone here ordered the Toradora DVDs and got the replacement for the first volume?
Yes, I believe they send them to anyone that orders Volume 1.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Koi Kaze 1
Brilliant. It wasn't the actual plot, but it was the small things in the background, the look on Koshiro's boss's face as he struggled to give Nanoka the theme park tickets, and then the recurring bear mascot with colorful balloons. And then there's that co-worker with the glasses! Ha! He's a creepy lolicon! It's funny!

Anyway, gonna see how well it progresses, see if it can keep up the peripheral entertainment with the discomfort of the plot.

Jex

tiff said:
Finished up Maria+Holic. Don't know if it finished as strongly as it started, but it was a fun ride and I enjoyed it. Can't wait for season 2!
You mean it's a SHAFT show?

iavi

Hellsing321 said:
What kind of grocery store sells anime blu-rays?

I see em at Big Lots all the time. I remember the time I found a few Baccano dvds there for 2 dollars. I said "WTF!" out loud I can't even begin to imagine what my face looked like at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom