• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Ano Hana 4

Cant wait to see the next character to exhibit crazy Menma fetishes. Maybe Poppo has a blow up doll of her around somewhere.

Dresden

Weekly Oricon DVD & Blu-ray Rankings for Apr 25 - May 1
DVD
*1, 16,134 *,*16,134 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 4 - The Lost Tower Limited Edition
*2, *9,097 *,**9,097 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.1 Limited Edition
*3, *5,983 *,**5,983 Kuroshitsuji II vol.8 Limited Edition
*4, *3,952 *,**3,952 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.5 Limited Edition
*5, *3,221 *,**3,221 Starry☆Sky vol.3 Special Edition
*6, *2,996 *,**2,996 Bleach Hamen Metsubo Hen vol.3
*7, *2,701 *,**2,701 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 4 - The Lost Tower Standard Edition
*8, *2,661 *,**2,661 Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto vol.4 Limited Edition
*9, *2,251 *,*57,179 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.3
10, *1,782 *,**1,782 Freezing vol.2
11, *1,760 *,**1,760 Otome Youkai Zakuro vol.6 Limited Edition
12, *1,709 *,**1,709 Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru vol.11 Limited Edition
13, *1,632 *,**1,632 Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls vol.6
14, *1,586 *,**1,586 Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Mirai Kessen Hen vol.3
15, *1,444 *,**1,444 Amagami SS vol.13 Limited Edition
16, *1,392 *,**1,392 Level E vol.3
17, *1,382 *,**1,382 Amagami SS vol.12 Limited Edition
18, *1,335 *,**1,335 Sora no Otoshimono: Forte vol.5 Deluxe Edition
19, *1,267 1,069,324 My Neighbor Totoro
20, *1,237 *,*15,721 Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi DVD Box vol.1
21, *1,137 *,**5,975 Detective Conan Magic File 2011

Blu-ray
*1, 52,944 *52,944 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.1 Limited Edition
*2, 15,566 *15,556 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.5 Limited Edition
*3, *5,411 **5,411 Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto vol.4 Limited Edition
*4, *3,912 **3,912 Amagami SS vol.13 Limited Edition
*5, *3,852 **3,852 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes vol.4
*6, *3,460 **3,460 Amagami SS vol.12 Limited Edition
*7, *3,431 **3,431 Freezing vol.2
*8, *2,947 **2,947 Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls vol.6
*9, *2,450 **2,450 Sora no Otoshimono: Forte vol.5
10, *2,182 100,873 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.3
11, *2,170 **2,170 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? vol.2 Limited Edition
12, *1,700 **1,700 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt vol.5 Special Edition
13, *1,658 **1,658 Yumekui Merry vol.2
14, *1,305 **1,305 Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku vol.5
15, *1,063 **1,063 Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu! vol.2 Limited Edition
16, *1,056 **1,056 Hourou Musuko vol.1
17, *1,010 451,781 Evangelion: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance
18, **,997 ***,997 Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu vol.7
19, **,905 ***,905 MM! vol.5
20, **,665 ***,665 Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles Blu-ray Box
21, **,631 *27,064 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.1
22, **,625 ***,625 Dragon Crisis! vol.3

Jexhius said:
That's all well and good but which Sunglasses Man did you pick?
Harry, of course.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Hitokage said:
It occurs to me that it's been about a month or so since jman2050 first asked for a bad show to watch, and now he's into them so much he's trying to get others to join him in watching Hidan no Aria.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

Can't be any worse than Infinite stratos, can it?

Articalys

Moshidora 10
So sad, this show actually started out decent despite hitting a bunch of sports tropes, did an okay job handling the easily-foreshadowed drama bomb, but then just fell to shit with a horribly cliche by-the-book ending that pretty much said "well, there's what you were expecting, we're done here, get out, goodbye."
At least it went by quickly. Would have worked better as a short OVA series, honestly, at least then the animation would have been decent when it needed to be. Curious how the live-action film will turn out, and how the original Moshidora book actually ended.

Jex

flawfuls said:
Aria actually seems like something that would be fun to watch in a group. It's stupid awful not boring awful like IS.
Haha, boring awful is certainly the worst.

Stupid Awful: Garzey's Wing, Black Lion, Glass Fleet
Boring Awful: IS, Akikan
Instro said:
Ano Hana 4

Cant wait to see the next character to exhibit crazy Menma fetishes. Maybe Poppo has a blow up doll of her around somewhere.
Nah, it's not that kind of show, unfortunately.

Plus, Poppo is all about the foreign girls. He's all "Menma who?"

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Haha, boring awful is certainly the worst.

Stupid Awful: Garzey's Wing, Black Lion, Glass Fleet
Boring Awful: IS, Akikan
Watching stupid awful shows is kinda cheating, because you shouldn't be having fun when you watch a genuinely bad show in every aspect!

MCD

Toujo's first scene in the Manga:
0M5up.jpg

And here is the Anime:
UOihT.jpg

Taken from AniDB.

Welp, they sure fucked this up.

Geneijin

mAcOdIn said:
Oh Aria is WAY worse than Infinite Stratos, no contest.
Aria is way better than IS. Standard Rie Kugimiya tsundere = Charlotte. A few Charles moments doesn't elevate IS above Aria in quality.

Jex

Lafiel said:
Watching stupid awful shows is kinda cheating, because you shouldn't be having fun when you watch a genuinely bad show in every aspect!
Entertainment is entertainment, wherever it comes from!

mAcOdIn

Geneijin said:
Aria is way better than IS. Standard Rie Kugimiya tsundere = Charlotte. A few Charles moments doesn't elevate IS above Aria in quality.
Oh no, no, no. Just having Rie Kugimiya knocks it down to the bottom tier where it must claw it's way back up to mediocrity but the rest of Aira is also so shitty that it can't even meet Infinite Stratos's level pre-Charles let alone Charles or post Charles reveal so Aria and IS are still below Mediocre with Aria being the bottom.

Jex

MCD said:
Toujo's first scene in the Manga:
http://i.imgur.com/0M5up.jpg/IMG]

And here is the Anime:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UOihT.jpg/IMG]

Taken from AniDB.

Welp, they sure fucked this up.[/QUOTE]
Ah, my slow-clap generator made it in here. Great.

*clap*....*clap*

Geneijin

mAcOdIn said:
Oh no, no, no. Just having Rie Kugimiya knocks it down to the bottom tier where it must claw it's way back up to mediocrity but the rest of Aira is also so shitty that it can't even meet Infinite Stratos's level pre-Charles let alone Charles or post Charles reveal so Aria and IS are still below Mediocre with Aria being the bottom.
Hidan no Aria is already better than pre-Charles and post-Charles. Aria = Houki, Rin, and Cecilia. A less generic tsundere than the 3 combined. It's only by association with Rie Kugimiya you're unfairly lowering its quality by too much versus IS. Admit it!

Geneijin said:
Hidan no Aria is already better than pre-Charles and post-Charles. Aria = Houki, Rin, and Cecilia. A less generic tsundere than the 3 combined. It's only by association with Rie Kugimiya you're unfairly lowering its quality by too much versus IS. Admit it!
Aria stars lolis. IS doesn't. Score several points for IS.

Plus, Aria is terrible, but it's just not nearly as funny-bad as IS... sorry, no, IS is the more fun show to watch. Aria doesn't have IS's amusing constant giant plot holes and unexplained events (that only can beexplained by the anime stereotypes that they copy, not by anything mentioned in the show) either, I think, another strike against it... :)

Plus Ichika is a pain, and useless, but compared to a guy who responds to a loli tsundere who says "I'm moving in and we're teaming up, buy me food" by buying her food and letting her stay? Ichika's brand of idiocy isn't quite as bad as that.

mAcOdIn

Articalys said:
The problem is, now I'm wondering what would happen if Ichika had Hysteria Mode.
Lol, he already does and it wears of quick as he usually gets defeated first and needs a harem member to land the killing blow.

And it should be named something like White Knight mode or some shit as he's not really hysterical at all.

Lain

Articalys said:
What? I had some time to kill, thought I'd have a bit of fun with the results. I'm getting a bit tired of it myself so from now on it'll probably be more bland.
I personally like your commentaries. Make reading them results more amusing.

LayLa

i guess they were less blatant about it & got my hopes up.
they led me on, but they were only after one thing *sobs*

Jex

LayLa said:
It always seemed clear to me that is what was happening. I mean, it's a generic (by which I mean boring) central protagonist thrust into a situation where apparently a variety of girls are all interested in him. The twist, I suppose, comes from how crazy the females are.

trejo

LayLa said:
i feel so ... used.
and loose
That's how it goes at first. The shame will go away soon so no worries.
Jexhius said:
It always seemed clear to me that is what was happening. I mean, it's a generic (by which I mean boring) central protagonist thrust into a situation where apparently a variety of girls are all interested in him. The twist, I suppose, comes from how crazy the females are.
The male is no slouch in the crazy department, I'd say. What with the obsession with that stupid ass scoring system of his. Or the the way he rejects MILF Ami-chan's advances. What a wackadoodle.

Shouta

Gwar, I went and bought the Dendoh and Ogre Chogokins. I know I shouldn't spend money but man, I must have them.

squall23

Wow, Inazuma Eleven had a very satisfactory ending. Too bad they immediately jump 10 years later the next episode. It's bad because I do want to know what the old characters did during those 10 years.

And I'm calling it now, Inazuma Eleven Go is the new monster summoning anime (even if the way to summon them is through football). I mean sure IE had the occasional demon or deity or tiger, but IEG totally takes it to the next level.

Shouta said:
Gwar, I went and bought the Dendoh and Ogre Chogokins. I know I shouldn't spend money but man, I must have them.
How much did you get them for? I got them for half price, and now I even have the Data Weapon set on preorder.

Salazar

Toguro and Urameshi teams about to go at it.

Koenma is such a boss.

Kuwabara: "What is this strange yoki ?"
Koenma: "That is ordinary dry ice"

Shouta

squall23 said:
How much did you get them for? I got them for half price, and now I even have the Data Weapon set on preorder.

I just ordered them from Amazon JP. I didn't really bother looking around for the cheapest price, so I got them for about 3800 yen a piece.

squall23

Shouta said:
I just ordered them from Amazon JP. I didn't really bother looking around for the cheapest price, so I got them for about 3800 yen a piece.
That's actually somewhat cheap. Most online retailers are at around 4500 yen.

Heck, in Hong Kong, the prices are apparently so fluctuated due to the demand that they're around $500 HK, which is around 5100 yen each, and rarely anybody that are selling them are willing to sell one without the other. I'm not going to lie, I never expected HK to be so into Dendoh.

Shouta

squall23 said:
That's actually somewhat cheap. Most online retailers are at around 4500 yen.

Heck, in Hong Kong, the prices are apparently so fluctuated due to the demand that they're around $500 HK, which is around 5100 yen each, and rarely anybody that are selling them are willing to sell one without the other. I'm not going to lie, I never expected HK to be so into Dendoh.

It's a great show and underrated. Too many folks complain about the kiddiness of it but it has really good action, good characters, a fucking awesome robot, and it has Vega who's awesomeness is only partially matched by Master Asia, partially.

squall23

Shouta said:
It's a great show and underrated. Too many folks complain about the kiddiness of it but it has really good action, good characters, a fucking awesome robot, and it has Vega who's awesomeness is only partially matched by Master Asia, partially.
To be honest, I don't think Dendoh is that underrated. It's one of the few new millennium Super Robot animes that is generally liked by mecha lovers from what I've seen. It's just the lack of discussions of it due to it's age. It was the last good thing Mitsuo Fukuda directed... and then he went on to SEED. (I'm a huge Cyber Formula fanboy BTW)

To this day, I'm disappointed that the Dendoh sequel got canned in favour of Mai-Hime. But otherwise, yes, I completely agree with everything you said. And I'm really not one of those people that care about the whole "kiddy anime" prejudice as shown from my approval of my Inazuma Eleven post. Heck, my favorite Super Robot anime to this day is Raijin-Oh (if not my favorite anime of all time).

Shouta

squall23 said:
To be honest, I don't think Dendoh is that underrated. It's one of the few new millennium Super Robot animes that is generally liked by mecha lovers from what I've seen. It's just the lack of discussions of it due to it's age. It was the last good thing Mitsuo Fukuda directed... and then he went on to SEED. (I'm a huge Cyber Formula fanboy BTW)

To this day, I'm disappointed that the Dendoh sequel got canned in favour of Mai-Hime. But otherwise, yes, I completely agree with everything you said. And I'm really not one of those people that care about the whole "kiddy anime" prejudice as shown from my approval of my Inazuma Eleven post. Heck, my favorite Super Robot anime to this day is Raijin-Oh (if not my favorite anime of all time).

Cyber Formula fan? BROTHER! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?

Which reminds me, I need to find a super high quality Asurada model.

Cwarrior

LayLa said:

Original the show looked like it was about a crazy futon girl but it after 1 episode turns out it’s just another boring harem centered around a generic lead boy with your typical female types but with some auncest throwing in there.

Now its lost it only hook(futon) there's not much reason to watch it and sadly the show jokes aren't even funny.

zeroshiki

C 4 - I wonder what the actual penalty is for losing. Is it like a be careful what you wish for thing? The professor having his children taken away is horrifying though. Yoga has no one so I'm not even sure what he loses if he gets beaten.

Also, I guess I just noticed it but how come Mikuni doesn't use the loli? You can have multiple assets, I guess?

Denpa 4 - Well they finally explained the seishun points system and as expected it made no sense at all. Harem anime is lame but fake harem anime with the winner telegraphed a mile away is lamer. I hope they focus on Erio a bit more.

Lol at the 5cm/s reference. I also noticed the taxi fare started at 660 yen. Show is set before 2007 confirmed.

Articalys said:
What? I had some time to kill, thought I'd have a bit of fun with the results. I'm getting a bit tired of it myself so from now on it'll probably be more bland.

Its strangely amusing actually plus i can imagine some character fanclubs raging at the losses lol

Silh

Moshidora finale

Okay finish. The chart spring lead me to believe this would be more dramatic, but overall it's a decent series with some good moments scattered throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom