• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
tiff said:
I was like "Cat ears? Oh that's no big dea- WAIT WHAT"

if they can perfect something like this
it should be regulation for everyone to wear
just so we know what peoples intentions are

Lain

AnoHana 4 was great. I had a feeling it could be
creepy guy going around dressed as Menma
, but thought it would be a bit strange, yet it was exactly that.
Jinta was a bit more manly in this situation, especially in the first half and I liked that.
Still, Poppo+Menma > all.

faridmon

Guys, when do you think they will stop putting Anime Locelised DVDs out there? I love my DVD collections and don't want this medium to go all digital, but I think it will....

Jex

mAcOdIn said:
Well, technically this arc goes on for like 20 episodes but it's the best arc and the princess might actually be a better character than Youko by the end of it all, although not as bad ass as Youko.
It's really a special day when I can say "mAcOdIn, I completely agree with your point old chap."
pieatorium said:
Wait what? some of you guys are rewatching IS? whywouldyoudothat
I'd rather saw my eyes out.

Cwarrior

Denpa ep3

Shake my head for 20mins while watching this

The aunt and the main guy make this show really difficult to watch,i don't know how much more i can watch.

Cwarrior

Denpa ep4

sparkle everywhere

Little reason to watch this show anymore the girls out of the futon and the jokes or what ever they are, aren't funny in anyway.

Jex

Aigis said:
Sword of the Stranger

This was really good. Why is Ando wasting his time at PA Works making crap stuff like Canaan and Hanasaku Iroha? He should direct a TV series at BONES with lots of sweet action or something.
I guess it's like duckroll has suggested, he wants some variety. I'd like to see a man with his talents directing some more drama type stuff. We need more "real" directors working in TV.

Steroyd

Hidan no Aria - 04

Stupid anime just got stupider with a stupid plot twist for the stupidest reason and theres even a stupiderer plot armour.

OMG there's even stupid twinitail hair powers, WTF AM I WATCHING!?

trejo

So is Erio gonna act more normal now and spend more time outside the futon? Cause, I won't lie, that'll be kind of a downgrade.

Jex

trejo said:
So is Erio gonna act more normal now and spend more time outside the futon? Cause, I won't lie, that'll be kind of a downgrade.
Solution?

Put the aunt in the futon.

SHAFT can said me the money ramen they'll make from this genius idea straight to my address.

jman2050

Looks like them japanese gave us a new metric to work with when analyzing anime sales!

Requisite Chart

1 frt (exact)
Anime industry saving class. The Fractale of its generation.
Ex : Fractale
1 frt = 883 copies
----------------------
*70,3 frt *1 Madoka Magica [DVD+BD]
*40.2 frt *4 IS [DVD+BD]
**8.5 frt *2 Kiminitodoke 2ND SEASON Vol.1 [DVD]
**7.1 frt *2 Freezing Vol.1 [DVD+BD]
**5.5 frt *3 Yumekui Merī 1 [DVD+BD]
**4.5 frt *2 Zombie Desu ka? [DVD+BD]
**4.3 frt *1 Starry☆Sky vol.1~Episode Capricorn~ [DVD]
**3.6 ftt *4 Onni-chan!! 1 [DVD+BD]( DVD sold about 1 frt )
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
**2.1 frt *1 Level E 1 [DVD]
**1.3 frt *1 Mitsudomoe 1 [DVD+BD],DVD sold about 1.2 frt
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・ anime saving line ・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・ 1 frt *1 Fractale with Nendoroid figure [DVD+BD]
***.6 frt *1 Dragon Crisis!! [DVD+BD], DVD sold less than 1 frt

I for one hope this gets adopted as the standard ASAP.

Izayoi

Banned
[C] 4. Fucking awesome. Glad to see that the MC has grown a pair finally. Crazy stuff this episode. Glad we finally got to see Q's
true form
. Can't wait for next week.

Jex

Ano Hana 4

Well, at least this show is being consistent, in all areas. Hopefully it will hold up, given the shows short running time.

I feel that, even if some of the character actions taken in this show are rather extreme, the presentation of them is not especially melodramatic. The show handles rather out-there concepts in a fairly grounded manner.

I'm not especially sure where they are going to go from here and I'm still annoyed that Jintan hasn't taken advantage of any of his ample opportunities to provide evidence for the existence of Menma but that's a semi-minor annoyance.

I don't think it will come to that at all. There will be less drama if that happens. I believe the group will end up believing in him at the end without any proof.

Will the group want to grant her wish knowing she would disappear right after knowing she was there the whole time? Creepy raper boy gives me doubts and Jinta hasn't apologized to Menma yet at all, he suspects that she appeared because of his regret.

I have a feeling that near the end Jinta wouldn't want to grant her wish fearing she might disappear.

Index II 21

Accelerator was pretty awesome in this ep. Dude force pushes a building into an even bigger building to let off steam.

Though to be perfectly honest, I was more interested in Tsuchimikado's fight. Those pillars were awesome. Too bad the fight got cut off after a few minutes.

Also, Fuze Kanzaki's face is REALLY disturbing.

jman2050

cosmicblizzard said:
Index II 21

Accelerator was pretty awesome in this ep. Dude force pushes a building into an even bigger building to let off steam.

Though to be perfectly honest, I was more interested in Tsuchimikado's fight. Those pillars were awesome. Too bad the fight got cut off after a few minutes.

Also, Fuze Kanzaki's face is REALLY disturbing.

No I thought we were past this why is someone still writing about this show nooooooooooooooooooooooo

hamchan

Ano Hana 4

Wow the ending of this ep was pretty awesome. I like how all our thoughts about creeper dude were pretty much confirmed ahahahaha. Epic show.

DiGiKerot

Articalys said:
Is it a record low? How did the show backfire so horribly?

Because the sales figures are hilarious given the background to shows production and director Yutaka Yamamotos grandiose claims prior to the show airing (including promising to retire if the show wasn't a major hit).

The sales figures aren't actually that uncommonly low. There's always a couple of shows a season which fluctuate between having extremely low numbers, to numbers so low they don't get reported, particularly now sales are split across DVD and BR. They just aren't normally shows with quite so high a profile (though they usually are noitamaina shows!)

Dresden

Because I'm bored, anime that sold so poorly it wouldn't even rate on the frt scale:

'07:

Bakugan Battle Brawlers
BLUE DRAGON
BLUE DROP
Bokurano
BUZZER BEATER 2nd Quarter
CODE-E
Deltora Quest
Dojin Work
DRAGONAUT -THE RESONANCE-
El Cazador de la Bruja
GHOST HOUND
Gyakkou Burai Kaiji
Himawari!!
Juushin Enbu
Juusou Kikou Dancouga Nova
Kamichama Karin
Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho
Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula
Koi Suru Tenshi Angelique ~ Kagayaki no Ashita ~
Kono Aozora Ni Yakusoku Wo
Koutetsu Sangokushi
Koutetsushin Jeeg
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
Lovely Complex
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
Maple Story
MASTER OF EPIC
Mokke
MOONLIGHT MILE
MOONLIGHT MILE Season 2
Mushiuta
Myself Yourself
Oh! Edo Rocket
Over Drive
Prism Ark
REIDEEN
Rocket Girl
Romeo x Juliet
Saint Beast
Saint Octorber
Shigurui
Shion no Ou
Shugo Chara!
Skull Man
Spider Riders: Yomigaeru Taiyou
Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho 2
Tokyo Tribe 2
Venus Versus Virus
Wellber no Monogatari
ZOMBIE-LOAN

'08:

Allison & Lillia
Antique Bakery
AYAKASHI
Blade of Immortal
Blue Dragon
Crystal Blaze
H2O
Hatenkou Yuugi
Himitsu -The Revelation-
Kaiba
Kyo Kara Maou Chapter 3 First Season
Mission-E
Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsuna Koto -Natsu no Sora-
Nabari no Ou
Nijuumensou no Musume
Noramimi
Porfy no Nagai Tabi
Real Drive
Scarecrowman
Special A
Telepathy Shoujo Ran
Uchi no San-shimai
Ultraviolet: Code 044
Wellber no Monogatari 2
WORLD DESTRUCTION

'09:

Casshern Sins
Chi's Sweet Home New Address
Cross Game
Hajime no Ippo New Challenger
Hyakko
Inazuma Eleven
KUROZUKA
Michiko to Hacchin
Natsu no Arashi!
Shangri-La
Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai
TYTANIA

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kaiba and Michiko to Hachin makes me a sad.

Jex

Halycon said:
Kaiba and Michiko to Hachin makes me a sad.
Very disappointing. Michiko to Hachin clearly could have appealed to some Westerner somewhere, but that would have take some marketing.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Just bought Tekkonkinkreet on Blu-ray for $10. I don't really like the art style of the movie but at that price it's hard to not give it a shot!

Amazon has it at that price for those interested.

e: bought Summer Wars for $16.50 and preordered the Cowboy Bebop movie for $12.99. All at Amazon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom