• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Hitokage said:
She's also decidedly on top of things. It certainly feels like it's no accident why she's in her position.
Miya rules with an iron hand. Everyone dances to her tune, well, nearly everyone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tiger & Bunny 9

Dragon Kid special this week. The whole 'dedicate one episode to a main character then move the main plot in another episode' structure works really well. Almost as if they planned ahead!

As I've said before it's nothing new, they just keep executing on it in an interesting manner and the character designs are excellent. I'm almost tempted to call it my show of the season.

Bonus scene: Tiger and Bunny chilling out shirtless, holding champagne. No subtext there. None at all.

trejo

Tiger & Bunny 9

We hadn't seen much of Dragon Kid before and now that we have she's become one of my favorites.

Also, the bromance was downright palpable this week. Sunrise sure knows where most of its audience for this show lies, I guess.

Steroyd

Deadman Wonderland - 07

I can't believe I made this far, but with shiro pretty much being the only reason to keep watching this and her little plot twist and a guy rocking a guitar for a weapon, I can drop this show and never look back.

Tiger and Bunny - NINE

Fleshing out the individual hero's while moving the overall story along is keeping it fresh, and I can see this show lasting the distance.

Nichijou - 09

lolz that mosquito scene... and Aya Hirano makes a cameo appearance.
Indifferent2.gif

Toriko - 08

Here we go signs of it starting off just like One Piece with the summary of the previous episode... which was probably prevelant in previous episodes, but this is the first time where I've noticed it that I physically skipped the first 5 or so minutes.

Steroyd

Vampire Princess Miyu - 10

Chisato sure reacts slow to being frightened by a snake, infact she's slow to react to anything wierd around her. How many red flags do you need?

Miyu needs to barbeque Reiha's ass one day, more trouble than she's worth.

It didn't end on a downer. \(^_^)/

Steroyd

Hanasaku Iroha - 09

What a feel good episode, and man do I feel like giving Ko a bro hug. He's got a lot of work to get out of the friendzone. :(

Nichijou 9
Fun episode as usual. I laughed at nearly every scene this time, so I'm satisfied. My favorite scene was the mosquito one... I love the martial arts there, and the animation was just too entertaining. They always have a lot of fun with the animation in this show, and it really shows.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Steroyd said:
Hanasaku Iroha - 09

What a feel good episode, and man do I feel like giving Ko a bro hug. He's got a lot of work to get out of the friendzone. :(
Don't worry, KoHana is clearly the cannon ship. I knew there wouldn't be any silly love square stuff... at least not yet.

Quacking

SciencePilot said:
Nichijou 9
Fun episode as usual. I laughed at nearly every scene this time, so I'm satisfied. My favorite scene was the mosquito one... I love the martial arts there, and the animation was just too entertaining. They always have a lot of fun with the animation in this show, and it really shows.
You are absolutely right, that scene was awesome.

trejo

Hanasaku Iroha 9

So it turns out our resident prophets were wrong and things don't turn out quite as predicted. In some areas, at least. And the preview does seem to not so subtly hint at more Tohana but it's left to be seen if Ko can manage to escape the friendzone. A daunting task, to be sure, but not impossible.

All in all it was a solid episode. Funny, too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oniisama e 13-17

Early on I felt shades of
The Last King of Scotland
, given what I was seeing as well as what I remembered from bits of Jexhius's earlier postings, but now it seems it's actually turning out that way.

tiff

Banned
Nichijou 9 - For once I think the Shinonome scene was the best one. "Your right hand is a loser" lol.

Hanasaku Iroha 9 - Liked how they handled that cliffhanger from ep. 8. All in all a good episode. Nice to see Ohana actually struggle for once, but still come out fine. Preview looks like it might deal with that as well.

Sucks to be Ko though, wasting a whole day like that. Haha.

Jex

Hitokage said:
Oniisama e 13-17

Early on I felt shades of
The Last King of Scotland
, given what I was seeing as well as what I remembered from bits of Jexhius's earlier postings, but now it seems it's actually turning out that way.
I don't know if I want to say that you're in my favourite arc of the show, but you're definitely experience the glorious madness of the first half.

7Th

cosmicblizzard said:
That isn't Medaka Box! That's the only Nisioisn thing I like.

It IS Medaka Box; I just called it Shikabane-hime 2012 because that's what the Medaka Box anime adaptation is going to be.

7Th said:
It IS Medaka Box; I just called it Shikabane-hime 2012 because that's what the Medaka Box anime adaptation is going to be.

0_o

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm guessing Gainax never did a long running shounen before and stuck with it? That's disappointing, but at least it's getting an adaptation at all. Just hope they don't waste too much time on the pre-genre shift arc if it's not going to be a full adaptation.

Jex

Hanasaku Iroha 9

Really strong episode this week. Even though this show can be rather inconsistent in terms of it's overall quality when they pull off a good episode it's thoroughly enjoyable and even a little...heart-warming? There has to be a better word for that.

Deadman Wonderland 7

Shiro!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was actually kind of expecting that when seeing Ganta's drawing in the flashback, but still.

Also, gun guitar priest!

trejo

Jexhius said:
Hanasaku Iroha 9

Really strong episode this week. Even though this show can be rather inconsistent in terms of it's overall quality when they pull off a good episode it's thoroughly enjoyable and even a little...heart-warming? There has to be a better word for that.
Ohanalicious.

Jex

Paradise Kiss 4

Oh George, you epic troll.

1. A park.
2. The top of a building.
3. A graveyard.

Also, this production really wants to make me not like the show! Keep the art style consistent, dammit! Speaking of production problems...

Steins;Gate 8

This was actually one of the strongest episodes in a while because the pacing wasn't all the over the place, even if the cinematography was problematic. Okarin sure seems rather careless considering the enormity of what he's doing.

flawfuls

Jexhius said:
Steins;Gate 8

This was actually one of the strongest episodes in a while because the pacing wasn't all the over the place, even if the cinematography was problematic. Okarin sure seems rather careless considering the enormity of what he's doing.

I like how changing someones gender seemed to have about the same effect as changing someone's cell phone.

Jex

flawfuls said:
I like how changing someones gender seemed to have about the same effect as changing someone's cell phone.
Or that they're on the same kind of scale, just a couple of minor things.

Knowing the madness that is Steins;Gate he probably has switched genders.

msv

Trying to find a certain anime I remember watching when I was young. I guess, asking here is my best shot. All I can remember is that 3 (maybe 4, but I think 3) kids getting attacked and one or two get kidnapped. The 3rd kid goes after em with roller-blades, and he's gaining in on the kidnappers' car. The chase goes on for a bit, and that's all i know :/ It had a bit of a bleak/grim style.

jman2050

On one hand Gainax adapting a Jump manga is strange in itself, on the other hand based on what I've seen of Medaka Box it fits like a glove.

Of course it could turn out terrible as per Gainax as well.

Cwarrior

Stein Gate ep8

Lol Dat trap works on both genders

Ano hana ep7

Really don't wanna see a happy ending for anaru

Infinite Justice said:
IIRC I9 spoiled it earlier in the thread.

I think that was me, when I posted a page of the manga i found on a random site.

zeroshiki

cosmicblizzard said:
0_o

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm guessing Gainax never did a long running shounen before and stuck with it? That's disappointing, but at least it's getting an adaptation at all. Just hope they don't waste too much time on the pre-genre shift arc if it's not going to be a full adaptation.

They should throw everyone for a loop and KEEP the original intended genre. They're not gonna finish it anyways so might as well turn it into a romcom. I'd definitely be a lot more interested.

zeroshiki said:
They should throw everyone for a loop and KEEP the original intended genre. They're not gonna finish it anyways so might as well turn it into a romcom. I'd definitely be a lot more interested.

The switch happened pretty damn early, so unless they want to diverge from the source material almost right away, that's not really an option.

Besides, we'll never get to yandere girl that way (though we probably won't anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom