• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAcOdIn

Revolutionary Girl Utena 2
So there's a damn mouse? Why do older anime like mice?

Anyways, Anthy still sucks but Utena's alright, if only because so far she's like Ichigo from Bleach or something and just keeps moving forward, very little development right now so so long as she's not acting like a wimp it's all good. But I have no idea what's going on.

Instro

Unknown Soldier said:
Hidan no Aria 02:

Is there any particular reason the show's official English title is 'Aria the Scarlet Ammo'? Is there any particular reason why this scene is totally awesome? Is there any particular reason why I can't help myself and keep watching this show?

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/Un-known_Soldier/pinwheel.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You could probably do worse, Im still watching Hoshizora e Kakaru.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Unknown Soldier said:
Hidan no Aria 02:

Is there any particular reason the show's official English title is 'Aria the Scarlet Ammo'? Is there any particular reason why this scene is totally awesome? Is there any particular reason why I can't help myself and keep watching this show?

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/Un-known_Soldier/pinwheel.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Is there any particular reason no one believed me when I said [I]Hidan no Aria[/I] was awesome SIX WEEKS AGO?

Seriously, stealth AWESOME show of the season.
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/fullmulletalchemist/sprites/FIGHTMEsm.gif

trejo

mAcOdIn said:
Revolutionary Girl Utena 2
So there's a damn mouse? Why do older anime like mice?
It's a mouse? I thought it was a monkey! Though I guess it is rather small for a monkey.
doomed1 said:
Is there any particular reason no one believed me when I said Hidan no Aria was awesome SIX WEEKS AGO?
It's because the awesome wasn't as apparent back then.

mAcOdIn

trejo said:
It's a mouse? I thought it was a monkey! Though I guess it is rather small for a monkey.
Well he's named Chuchu, so pretty sure it's a mouse but it walks on two legs, I don't know, I'm sticking with mouse here.
doomed1 said:
FIGHTMEsm.gif
Why anyone'd use guns in a situation like that I'll never know, especially when their clothes are bullet proof(lol).

Hidan no Aria 03:

Somewhere, Jan de Bont is weeping. A perfect homage to Speed in the form of an anime. Keanu Reeves is laughing because the same thing happened when he climbed on top of the bus too, as everybody knows, on top of the bus is always when shit gets real! Also, Rie said "It's not as if I did this because of you!" at the end! I rate this episode a perfect 10/10!

Yeah, I'm actually starting to enjoy this now that something actually happened besides the tsundere hijinks. The action scenes are actually pretty well-directed. I think I'm beyond help. >_>

:3

Lain

Unknown Soldier said:
Hidan no Aria 02:

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/Un-known_Soldier/pinwheel.jpg
Cause the show it's just That Good!
And everyone, deep down, really deeeep down, is a Rie Kugimiya fan. Even mAcOdIn.

trejo

mAcOdIn said:
Well he's named Chuchu, so pretty sure it's a mouse but it walks on two legs, I don't know, I'm sticking with mouse here.
Clearly, it's the result of some sick interspecies breeding experiments.
flawfuls said:
Oh right she did Al didn't she.
Yes she did. She also played a demon in Azazel-san, so that's one more.

Unknown Soldier said:
Hidan no Aria 03:

Somewhere, Jan de Bont is weeping. A perfect homage to Speed in the form of an anime. Keanu Reeves is laughing because the same thing happened when he climbed on top of the bus too, as everybody knows, on top of the bus is always when shit gets real! Also, Rie said "It's not as if I did this because of you!" at the end! I rate this episode a perfect 10/10!

Yeah, I'm actually starting to enjoy this now that something actually happened besides the tsundere hijinks. The action scenes are actually pretty well-directed. I think I'm beyond help. >_>

:3

You like K-On so this was obvious :p

Lain

Since I received my last Eureka Seven box this month, I started a marathon re-watch from the first episode today. Right now on episode 22 and dammit, I'll never be able to get over how much I dislike Holland.
Anger issues all over the place with him.
Charles and Ray are still the best in the show.

mAcOdIn

zeroshiki said:
Hell no, well not that I really care it'd just seem lame for her to "lose" to Erio at anything.

Seriously though, aren't they 1st cousins? Are there really shippers for that?

Lain said:
Since I received my last Eureka Seven box this month, I started a marathon re-watch from the first episode today. Right now on episode 22 and dammit, I'll never be able to get over how much I dislike Holland.
Anger issues all over the place with him.
Charles and Ray are still the best in the show.

You have amazing endurance to watch that entire show again. 50 episodes during which something actually happens during at most 15 of them. Which is still better than the record of most shounen animes, but still.

Izayoi

Banned
trejo said:
I think he means Ryuushi. And I agree.
mAcOdIn said:
Oh I was agreeing in a roundabout way too, I hate Ryuushi.
Aye. Ever since she first showed up she's been getting on my nerves. I don't know, maybe the intention was to get people to hate her? It sure is working, if that's the case.

jman2050 said:
Ryuushi is better than every non-Ohana character in HanaIro.
If you were to say every non-Ohana and Shy-chan character, I'd agree with you.

zeroshiki said:
As long as it's not bitch-face I don't really care, so yeah, an Erio end would be fine. Is this based off of anything?

jman2050 said:
When has that stopped Japan before?
Yeah, first-cousins is nothing. Hell, that's just straight-up tame compared to a lot of stuff...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Beelzebub 19
5bd138dc4bccbc9526f6575c21d5e66450cd257f.jpg

It's true.

Next episode should be a pretty hard climax, I'm actually looking forward to it.

Izayoi

Banned
trejo said:
Tomoe is the best, you fool.
Ah, poor Tomoe. She's fine too. I guess the other inn girl is nice as well. Actually, most of the girls except for the consultant bitch and what's-her-tsundere are good.

Ano Hana 7 - Nice little Working! cameo. Menma and Jin-tan are so perfect for each other. A shame about the whole her being dead thing. Also, what the fuck at
Menma's mom.
I guess being a bitch is in this season or something.

Ao no Exorcist 6 - Really?

Astarotte 7 and 8 - Well, at least they subverted the whole "you'll need to fuck
your 13-year-old stepdaughter, or she dies
" thing. One of the few shows that has kept its animation quality consistently good the entire season. Asuha is the real start of the show. Such a bro.

A Channel 7 - Aoi Yūki has such a lovely voice.

C 6 and 7 - What a cock tease at the end of 6. Good episode otherwise. As far as episode 7 goes, am I right in thinking that
Mikuni's sister is now his asset - or something? At least it seemed that way to me.
Mashu is adorable, and it's pretty clear at this point that
SHE is his future, as in her manifestation. At least, I'm willing to bet that's how the show will end.

Deadman Wonderland 6 - lol, this fucking show. Sure wish the MC wasn't such a beta. Oh well. Would also be fantastic if half the episode wasn't pitch black. Seems like they used up all of the animation budget on the previous episode, though. What a let-down.

Denpa Onna 7 - The stupid chick with short brown hair is dumb and I hate her. Seriously, what a bitch. Goddamn.

Gosick 19 - Brian is a good dude, I'm glad. What the fuck at Cordelia's past, though. Fuck.

Hanasaku Iroha 8 and 9 - Great animation, like always. More of the same right now, though.

Nichijou 9 - Mio's sister is olev.

Steins;Gate 8 - I really could just watch the OP all day.

Tiger and Bunny 8 and 9 - Good to see some focus on the lesser known Heroes. Dragon Kid is a good girl.

jman2050

Izayoi said:
As long as it's not bitch-face I don't really care, so yeah, an Erio end would be fine. Is this based off of anything?

It's an adaptation of a finished LN series.

I still haven't seen anyone outright state the ending but evidence seems to suggest
an Erio end.
Don't quote me on that though.

Incidentally, this series is supposed to cover the first three volumes.

Izayoi

Banned
jman2050 said:
It's an adaptation of a finished LN series.

I still haven't seen anyone outright state the ending but evidence seems to suggest
an Erio end.
Don't quote me on that though.

Incidentally, this series is supposed to cover the first three volumes.
How many volumes total are there? If this only covers a third of it I'll just go spoil myself, I don't care so much as to sit around for another half a decade just to find out how it ends.

jman2050

Izayoi said:
How many volumes total are there? If this only covers a third of it I'll just go spoil myself, I don't care so much as to sit around for another half a decade just to find out how it ends.

There are eight novels, but one of them is a collection of short story "alternate" endings so there's only seven volumes in the story proper. I highly doubt it'd take more than another season to finish it up, assuming it ever gets made.

And yeah I've been trying to spoil myself, but to no avail :(

zeroshiki

jman2050 said:
There are eight novels, but one of them is a collection of short story "alternate" endings so there's only seven volumes in the story proper. I highly doubt it'd take more than another season to finish it up, assuming it ever gets made.

And yeah I've been trying to spoil myself, but to no avail :(

I have all 8 volumes on my phone.

I'll spoil it for you when I get around to it :p

Jex

Sherlock Hound 9

This show can be pretty ridiculous at time, in a good way. I forget that I'm watching a TV production because it looks far too good.

Nichijou 09 - Funny as always... some of these skits were pretty good stuff. The food one was amusing for instance, how she lost it at the end was funny and somewhat realistic. :)

Great episode as always!

New Cutey Honey 1-4 - Well that sure was straightforward in its fanservice quotient... lots of nudity. Lots of fighting too, as Honey defeated the bad guys. This is the first I've seen of this franchise, and it was entertaining. I'll probably watch the second half too.

There were some negatives about it, though. The kid was kind of annoying, for sure, for one; he's pretty genericly shonen and irritating at times, except he has no fighting skill so all he does is constantly get in trouble and need to be rescued. And while Honey is mostly a solid character, the parts where she fights badly until one of the other characters gets attacked or something, and then suddenly after that she can fight better, definitely get old...

Lotte's Toy 07 - Cuteness and lolis... but what else do you expect from this series. I still highly doubt I'll finish it, I'll lose interest completely and drop this at some point.

Hidan no Aria 07 - This show is so so so bad, but I keep watching anyway... it's probably partially because of these awesome subs, partially because it does often hit "so stupid it's kind of funny" levels, and partially because of the ridiculous action it has at times.

As for this episode in specific, I assume that at some point our hero will be forced into hero mode again, to save the day when the girls falter. Hasn't quite happened yet, in fact Aria just saved him (because he refuses to go into cool mode unless he's forced to; he really, REALLY just wants to be a subpar, generic guy.), but he's got to do something again eventually. At least Aria was on top of things, while our idiot MC wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom