• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sekirei: Pure Engagement final episode

Huh?

That was one of the weirdest filler endings I've seen since Gantz. Main villain goes off into space and the project gets put on hold while some new important item gets introduced. I guess it's retconable to some extent based on the "To be continued" prompt, but I do wonder how the manga diverges. Gonna have to check that out.

Izayoi

Banned
Quacking said:
That girl:
Infinite Justice said:
Hes talking that Girl that appears at certain points.
Oohhh. Yeah, probably just Sunrise being funny.

The animation has stayed consistently good so it's definitely not a budget issue or anything like that.

zeroshiki said:
To be clear though, first cousins are allowed in Japan but its still considered hella weird.
Aren't first cousins legal in the US too? Or only second? I bet 4chan would know.

Izayoi said:
I went and asked them and they told me basically what's on that page.

They're all about incestuous relationships so I figured they would know the answer, and sure enough.
So, 4chan knows how to use google? Astounding.

4chan being all about something is just as stupid as that GAF hivemind bs.

mAcOdIn

zeroshiki said:
I didn't know mac went back to the Army.
All I'll say is I wouldn't have drawn the gun so horribly wrong if it were me, what's that supposed to be, a SAW? Or a 240? If that's the handle for removing the 240's barrel why is it facing that way?

Edit: See how in the second pic how the grip comes off from the barrel, the first pic has that backwards, i wouldn't have done that.

Edit 2: If it's the same dude though glad it's a 240, the 249 sucks ass, I hate that piece of shit.

Kettch

Looks like Dog Days might actually have a decent ending after all that play battle/fan service fluff, I quite enjoyed the second half of this episode. This definitely would have worked a lot better as a strategy game instead of an anime though.

Jexhius said:
Boring, dull, tiresome, tedious, humdrum, insipid, unexciting ?

OXS31.jpg

Steroyd

flawfuls said:
She was doing a Doraemon voice this week on Gintama. I think Gintama is the only place I have heard her do anything than her typical loli tsundere voice.

She also does Happy the cat in fairy tail, who is now another cat's bitch slave lol.

Articalys

Nonoriri said:
The only real problem for me is that they seem to keep increasing the frequency of sketches where the sole purpose is to troll Yuuko. It's only funny in moderation.
Otherwise it's alright.

That Iron Man/Wild Tiger is outstanding.

Steroyd said:
I agree that Nichijou is all of these.
You have to choose one or the other, are you for or against the show?

Quacking said:
Nichijou is awesome, what the hell is happening over here? >:3
Some people don't find it funny. I don't get it either, Nichijou is brilliant and certainly my favorite show of the season.

Steroyd

A Black Falcon said:
You have to choose one or the other, are your for or against the show?

I can't completely swing one way or the other, the show... nay, every episode is in parts, and I experience nearly all of, boring, dull, tiresome, tedious, humdrum, insipid, unexciting and great, funny, hilarious, random, weird, entertaining, somewhat original, nearly every episode.

The animation being nice is just about the only consistant opinion I have of this show in every episode.

Jex

Nichijou 9

All of the things above hold true, both good and bad. From extremely entertaining to dull as dishwater.

That reminds me, I need to start watching TWGOK II.

Lucky for me next week I will finally take my first vacation from work in 8 months >_> so I should have enough time to finally catch up on this season's shows!

Jex

Marco 3

You could argue that this is the show where nothing happens, or at least practically nothing happens, as this entire episode was just "Marco delivers some letters and then hits the beach". However the way that these small, insignificant scenes are executed is what makes Marco a charming show and I have no doubt that with a fifty-episode running time we'll eventually build up towards the main plot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sai-Mecha has finally reached the semi final stage! All that's left is for the remaining four robots to duke it out for a position in the finals bracket!

[Evangelion UNIT 01] (Neon Genesis Evangelion) vs. VF-1 Valkyrie (Super Dimensional Fortress Macross)

YF-19 Excalibur (Macross Plus) vs. [MS-06 Zaku II (Mobile Suit Gundam)]

Unit-1 vs. the VF-1 is a difficult question to be sure, but I suppose my heart lies with the Eva design. The Zaku, however, is an easy choice.

http://saimecha.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/nevar-fourget-how-this-awful-pun-is-inversely-proportional-to-how-awesome-the-sai-mecha-semifinals-is/

Hanasuka Iroha Episode 9 I'm losing a lot of interest watching this. Slow show today and poor Ko-chan.
Anohana Episode 7With just a few episodes left, the plot is moving along nicely. Unexpected cockblock to say the least.

Jex

Space Battleship Yamato 18

The bomb is in his ARM!

It's amazing how this episode can manage to be thoroughly ridiculous and incredibly tedious at the same time. Did I mention the three separate flashbacks?

duckroll

This is Blade:
nowonair.jpg

These are the people making Blade:
Director: Mitsuyuki Masuhara
Series Editor/Script: Kenta Fukasaku
Animation Production: Madhouse

These are the people acting in Blade:
Blade: Akio Ohtsuka
Makoto: Maaya Sakamoto
Deacon Frost: Tsutomu Isobe
Noah Van Helsing: Osamu Saka