• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
Uchip said:
is it fun harassing people?
is it fun giving mod power to people like duckroll who are as immature as a 5yr old?
I realy dont get you poeopl

You really need a thicker skin. That was just normal joking and you got FAR too serious.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Miri said:
Ah, thanks guys. Looks like I'll stick to the game.
That said, if you're a fan of moe Selvaria from the DLC, then they went all the way with that in the anime as well in some of the extra episodes. :lol

Enron

Banned
Miri said:
Ah! that reminds me; what was the general consensus on the adaptation of Valkyria Chronicles? I've been playing the game here and there, and it's gotten me interested in watching.

Finish the game first. Then watch the show if only for ALICIA FAEC.

Go_Ly_Dow

Miri said:
Ah! that reminds me; what was the general consensus on the adaptation of Valkyria Chronicles? I've been playing the game here and there, and it's gotten me interested in watching.

From what I remember...

The base of it is faithful to the game, but they chuck in a lot of filler, severely change a few character arcs and the end segments suck, compared to the game anyway. Some important scenes are skimmed over as well.

If you appreciate the world, characters and sub-stories in the game then it still might be worth checking out, but I would strongly advise you finish the game first.

tiff said:
When I dropped it people seemed a lot less enthused about it than they do. Maybe I'll pick it back up sometime down the line.

Same reason I'm tempted to pick it up again.

Izayoi

Banned
Enron said:
wtf @ furry avatar
I was wondering when someone would say something.

M_Night said:
Same reason I'm tempted to pick it up again.
I definitely wasn't hot on the first few episodes, but it's been a lot more consistent recently. Plot is really picking up now and it looks like things are going to get crazy soon.

Uchip

Banned
Enron said:
You really need a thicker skin. That was just normal joking and you got FAR too serious.

Thats quite an assumption
ive been through a lot lately and i did ask you to stop, but you keep going
what is a joke at first becomes really monotonous

At this point I think Uchip is just attempting account suicide before he leaves this place for good. I wish one of the mods would hurry up and give him what he wants.

flawfuls

Uchip said:
is it fun giving mod power to people like duckroll who are as immature as a 5yr old?

So did duckroll give you that avatar or something?

Steroyd

Miri said:

First half closely follows the game, take that for what you will.

2nd half turns into typical anime romance angst crap from a emo Welkin that just never happened in the game take that for what you will.

uchip said:

Just going to state that, that middle sentence of yours be treading on thin ice.
Edit:On second thought it'd be pointing a gun at your own head.

Uchip

Banned
Steroyd said:
First half closely follows the game, take that for what you will.

2nd half turns into typical anime romance angst crap from a emo Welkin that just never happened in the game take that for what you will.

Just going to state that, that middle sentence of yours be treading on thin ice.

its the truth though

Steroyd

Uchip said:
its the truth though

big-boss-salute.jpg

tiff

Banned
I'm all for speaking your mind and all but I've only been to one forum where badmouthing the mod team wasn't a terrible idea and it was the complete opposite of NeoGAF in terms of moderation.

Uchip

Banned
tiff said:
I'm all for speaking your mind and all but I've only been to one forum where badmouthing the mod team wasn't a terrible idea and it was the complete opposite of NeoGAF in terms of moderation.

you werent there on irc
he just acts like a child poking someone with a stick because nobody cares if mods act that way outside the boards right?

So anyway...

Dog Days 9

Calling it now, this is gonna have a massive downer ending with many named characters dead and Cinque never returning to his world.

Kettch

OreImo 15

Nice ending, with Kirino tolerable for a little while at least. Kuroneko is still the star though, can't wait for another season of it.

jman2050

Oh right, the last episode of that terrible show came out.

The only good part about following that series now is the shipping wars.
hwahaha volume 8

trejo

I was under the assumption he was 9 years old, not 5. I've been lied to!

Anyway, Dawg Dayz 9

We're finally getting into the thick of things. All I want out of this are some cool fight scenes, really.
Branduil said:
Don't capitalize is like that, it hurts.
Someone's gonna need therapy.

Lain

Uchip said:
you werent there on irc
he just acts like a child poking someone with a stick because nobody cares if mods act that way outside the boards right?
As long as they do their job well as moderators when on the boards, who cares?
I have no idea what happened but I'd guess it should be like Las Vegas? What happens in IRC stays in IRC?

I stopped my E7 re-watch on episode 33 yesterday. Time to start up with 34 now and finish it!
Can't wait for "I CAN FLY!".

zeroshiki

People gave Uchip alot of shit on IRC when he first came back from the dead and had that av.

That said, no need to aggravate it, Uchip.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
There's no drama in anime-gaf, it's like aria there is no conflict whatsoever, we all love and care for each other!

cosmicblizzard said:
There really isn't a consensus except for episode 6 and maybe the last 2 episodes. I'm sure amongst the recommendations, every episode will show up at least once.

Great, I'll watch those three episodes and call it quits.

The reaction to Panty and Stocking seems similar to the reaction to Nichijou. Both are comedy shows whose segments are all over the place in terms of how successful they are and wildly divisive in terms of audience reaction. I like Nichijou's overall style, so I can sit through the sketches that don't work to get to the ones that do (which is the majority for me), but I don't like Panty and Stocking's style, so I'm not willing to wade through the dreck to find whatever gems there might be. Hopefully I'll find these episodes worth watching.

jman2050 said:
Anime-GAF isn't boring and monotonous. Most of the time anyway...

I love it when you hate on K-ON! It's what keeps me going. I don't know what I would do if one day you suddenly turned around and started telling us that K-ON! is the best anime in the world (which it is!), I think I would check to see if the world was coming to an end.

hosannainexcelsis said:
Great, I'll watch those three episodes and call it quits.

The reaction to Panty and Stocking seems similar to the reaction to Nichijou. Both are comedy shows whose segments are all over the place in terms of how successful they are and wildly divisive in terms of audience reaction. I like Nichijou's overall style, so I can sit through the sketches that don't work to get to the ones that do (which is the majority for me), but I don't like Panty and Stocking's style, so I'm not willing to wade through the dreck to find whatever gems there might be. Hopefully I'll find these episodes worth watching.

I think you should watch a few more than those just to understand Brief's relationship with the Anarchy sisters. As for which ones, just pick some at random.

trejo

Things are too lovey dovey in here. We need more conflict and more shitting on shows someone else likes. That's what keeps this thread going and don't any of you deny it.

Also, those Blade designs suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom