• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
jman2050 said:
Who the hell still uses printf?
Java. My high school Computer Science teacher taught us about it.

Holy crap this thread is moving fast. I didn't even watch anything from the winter season. :(

iavi

Dresden said:
Wouldn't be an anime thread without an ABF post of some length.

Lol, I actually was wondering if he was popping its cherry with that one, didn't care to look back and find out though.

EDIT: Star Driver may have been garbage, but it brought us "Cross Over" let's not forget that. I've had this thing on repeat for the past hour.

Paprikka

Mandoric said:
Lots of crazy info
Read through it twice and still not sure if I got everything, but will definitely be watching this now. Reminds me a bit of the first round of Liar's Game too, excited to see how it's all actually played out.

Jex

Unknown Soldier said:
It's probably old enough that it was originally animated on film using hand-drawn cels.
Indeed, but there's still an amazingly lifelike CG bridge in the opening credits!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 2
the Lesbian baiting was probably the best part. It continued as expected with Ms. Exposition telling the basics and the the fine details leaving the mystery of magical girls out for us to guess.
I already know that magical girls become witches if they overextend themselves or run out of power. Interesting idea. Been done before.

What really sets the mood is the technical aspects: lighting, soundtrack (not necessarily sound design) and visual design. Other than that it's still the same uneven stuff. I can get it if people like the frills, but that's really all they are. The character dynamic is stiff and very barebones, each of the characters fitting into their roles as the narrative progresses. The action is alright, but it's so low frame that it can be hard on the eyes.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
cj_iwakura said:

You don't say.

ABe.jpeg

El Sloth

Banned
Thread is moving damn quick. ABF should be higher up on the wall of shame. Each of his posts count as at least 3 regular posts.

A Black Falcon said:
If you can't stand Haruhi you aren't going to like the show, obviously, as your complaints help show... but the way that you seem to think that because you hate her she should be considered objectively horrible is ridiculous. She's not. I think some of her ideas are amusing, make for some funny stuff... :) Sure, other times she's annoying, but not always.

The series certainly has its issues, though, as I said. But it's as much good as bad anyway, if not quite as good as its fans were saying back when season 1 was so popular.

I would go as far as to say that it's great most of the time. It has its down moments, but overall the first season is pretty good, and the narrative is presented in the best possible manner (which I give it a lot of credit for).

Haruhi herself can be annoying at times, but she's generally just fun to watch, even if she isn't exactly the kind of person I'd want to know in real life.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
tafer said:
Why is Horo in the OP?
Because you can't tell one one dog/foxgirl from another so why I used the superior one.

duckroll

Strider2K99 said:
Randomly decided to come in and X-Men caught my eye. Must know more.

It's animated by Madhouse (Ninja Scroll, Paprika, Denno Coil) and directed/designed by the guys who did Basilisk and Afro Samurai. It's going to be rad!

Jex

duckroll said:
It's animated by Madhouse (Ninja Scroll, Paprika, Denno Coil) and directed/designed by the guys who did Basilisk and Afro Samurai. It's going to be rad!
Stop giving people the rope to hang themselves!

trejo

Halycon said:
Because you can't tell one one dog/foxgirl from another so why I used the superior one.
How can you call yourself an animu fan if you can't distinguish a wolf girl from a dog girl?

tafer

356 posts in 1.5 Hours... all of you are insane.

Oh, and almost forgot, amazing OP!... Even with deceiving Horo and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom