• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread PART TWO return of sex hair, ghosts, and ZAWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cosmicblizzard said:
The epilogue seems to be 5-8 years later with him having a kid (idk exact time period, the kid's age isn't specified and he doesn't really look any older at all), so I highly doubt it.
Ah, so what was the sad part?

Articalys

I like how everyone keeps voiding anything to do with Little Busters from all the Key discussion. Or is that just because it hasn't gotten its anime yet?

Cant believe I put off watching Evangelion 2.22 off for so long, its so awesome thus far. I didnt know Gau's Voice (Nabari no Ou) was in this dub, one of my favorite anime voices, surely he wasnt the same voice for Kensuke in the series? Have they given a date for the third one? I want more Eva and these awesome graphics.

Izayoi

Banned
Ano Hana 11 – Pointless overwrought melodrama, the anime.

Astarotte no Omocha! 12 – A happy non-end, just as expected.

Deadman Wonderland 11 – Bad animation, bad plot, and two likable characters. This is only 12 episodes, right?

Nichijou 13 – Hahaha, now we get Nano and the girls together at school? This is going to be great.

Tiger and Bunny 13 – Awesome way to cap the season. Can't wait to see what next season has in store. Dat deredere Blue Rose next episode, can't wait.

Hanasuka Iroha Episode 13 - 1000 slaps of FURY. Honestly, I didn't think the manager had it in her. Satsuki is the most entertaining character. A lot less drama this time which is good.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Dresden said:

Like the song!
1eFNB.png

iavi

HanaIro 13

If this show was centered around Satsuki, instead of MoeMoeOgenkihane, it'd be a whole lot better show than it is. The girl talk scene was great. And Nako is a complete lesbian, add her to the love tria... err square in place of Ko, cause I think his time may actually be up. I'll give them a whole lot of points, if this remains to be the case.

Steroyd said:
  • Amnesia
  • Childhood
  • Childhood Friend(s)
  • You are already dead

Now just have to determine in what order and which overlap.

Dead? I think people who are actually spiritual projections by people in comas are more common in Key stuff than already dead people are...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Branduil said:
No, you need your main character to be likable.
Whats so unlikeable about satsuki? apart from shipping off ohana to the inn, but that's not so bad, considering her life seems to be getting more fulfilling because of it!

zeroshiki

It sounds like it was a great HanaIro episode. Damn myself for not being able to wait for it yesterday.

Lafiel said:
Whats so unlikeable about satsuki? apart from shipping off ohana to the inn, but that's not so bad, considering her life seems to be getting more fulfilling because of it!

notsureifserious

How about never showing up to anything important in her daughter's life?
How about treating her like a glorified slave?
How about forgetting she ever existed?

Mother of the Year!

iavi

Branduil said:
No, you need your main character to be likable.

Haha, I would've agreed initially, but her character's been clarified since she sent wonder-girl off to a better life. Satsuki's lovable.

Blader

Dedication Through Light said:
Cant believe I put off watching Evangelion 2.22 off for so long, its so awesome thus far. I didnt know Gau's Voice (Nabari no Ou) was in this dub, one of my favorite anime voices, surely he wasnt the same voice for Kensuke in the series? Have they given a date for the third one? I want more Eva and these awesome graphics.

Ha! Good joke.

;_;

Hanasaku 13
Loved this episode. This is the kind of stuff I wanted to see out of the show instead of Kodrama. Looks like Ohana is giving up on Ko-zone based on what she said at the end, but I'm sure its not that simple. Satsuki is the best character in this show. All the haters can suck it!

Nichijou 13
NANO NANO NANO NANO NANO NANO NANO NANO NANO NANO
This episode was pretty boring. Wonder how the show is going to change now that Nano is going to school.

Dog Days

And it's over. Manly tears and happy endings all around. Shinku's cousin is awesome and I hope she's a main character in the sequel in the unlikely event there is one.

The "solution" is a bit contrived what with
Shinku coincidentally doing the EXACT requirements of the re-summoning prior to leaving, but oh well. I'm happy this is a true happy ending and not a bittersweet one.

Pretty entertaining series. Glad I watched it.

Branduil

Lafiel said:
She's a good foil, but she's still a pretty despicable and selfish person.

Cardcaptor Sakura 22:

Just Sakura and her family this episode. Well, Tomoyo and Yuikito have very brief, almost cameo appearances. As much as Shaoran and Meilin amuse me, I do like the episodes with just Sakura and her family members the most. In unrelated news, Tomoyo sure works hard designing Sakura's costumes. :3

sleepykyo

zeroshiki said:
Poke out your eyeballs bad

Does that mean so bad it is good? eg. Geass, most Samuel Jackson movies.

Also, School Days? I'm getting the sense your recommendations tend to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

zeroshiki

sleepykyo said:
Does that mean so bad it is good? eg. Geass, most Samuel Jackson movies.

Also, School Days? I'm getting the sense your recommendations tend to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

ef is just bad. Zzz level eroge adaptation. No redeeming qualities about it.

School Days though, would be the voice of our generation if Strike Witches didn't already have the title. So I propose a new title for it. The rash of our generation.

_woLf

I watched The Place Promised in Our Early Days two nights ago and really enjoyed it. The background art was absolutely fantastic, and the story was very touching.

I've heard 5 Centimeters Per Second is great too. Going to check that out as soon as I can. And then on to Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo!

<3 Makoto Shinkai

zeroshiki

_woLf said:
I watched The Place Promised in Our Early Days two nights ago and really enjoyed it. The background art was absolutely fantastic, and the story was very touching.

I've heard 5 Centimeters Per Second is great too. Going to check that out as soon as I can. And then on to Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo!

<3 Makoto Shinkai

The great thing about Shinkai is that if you like on his movies you're gonna like em all!

zeroshiki said:
The great thing about Shinkai is that if you like on his movies you're gonna like em all!

Makoto Shinkai is like the Coldplay of anime!

zeroshiki said:
School Days though, would be the voice of our generation if Strike Witches didn't already have the title. So I propose a new title for it. The rash of our generation.

School Days is the herpes of our generation!

Articalys

Unknown Soldier said:
Makoto Shinkai is like the Coldplay of anime!
Successful but otherwise gathering a large hatedom? Actually, I'm not sure what the Coldplay sterotype is supposed to be.
I felt that Places and 5cm were thematically distinct enough, but I can see why others would take a different stance.

Unknown Soldier said:
School Days is the herpes of our generation!
Or scurvy, if you want to keep the boat theme going.

Blader

zeroshiki said:

I wish. Voices was the only one of his films I really loved. Didn't like The Place Promised in Our Early Days, and thought 5cm was a mixed bag.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
notsureifserious

How about never showing up to anything important in her daughter's life?
How about treating her like a glorified slave?
How about forgetting she ever existed?

Mother of the Year!

She's not a good mother, but is she a bad person because of it? :)

trejo

Blue Exorcist 11

Beach episode and the only girl around is Eyebrows? Talk about a waste of good fanservice. At least she got owned multiple times by a little kid which just goes to show you how useless she is.

Also, said kid's dad has a true shounen haato. I kinda wish he'd become a regular.

Articalys

Uchip said:
motivationals are so overdone that they actually have a reverse effect now
VRgB0.jpg

And on the topic of Shinkai films, the conclusion I reached is that the more you think your life sucks when you watch it, the more you end up liking the film.
That's what happened to me, anyway.

iavi

zeroshiki said:
Well... yes.

If you treat your own daughter like shit, it follows that you're a terrible person.

She never treated Ohana like shit... So she wasn't exactly the model parent. Most aren't. Episodes since have proven that she's just a flawed character still trying to find the right ground. Immature, definitely. A terrible person? That's a little harsh.

Unknown Soldier said:
*oversized moeblah*

*Sighs*

Lain

Miri said:
She never treated Ohana like shit... So she wasn't exactly the model parent. Most aren't. Episodes since have proven that she's just a flawed character still trying to find the right ground. Immature, definitely. A terrible person? That's a little harsh.
Yeah, she never treated her like shit.
She never missed every event her daughter was in, she never missed the parent days at school, she never used her daughter as a maid around the house, she never abandoned her daughter to flee with some random boyfriend to feel the thrill of such an experience (which means that trying such an experience > her daughter), she never forgot to tell her daughter "oh, hey, I broke up with that bum I fled with and I'm back in Tokyo".

I personally consider this treating a person like shit. Ohana constantly comes last after everything else for her mother.
A little harsh to call her a terrible person? I think it's not harsh enough.

zeroshiki

Lain said:
Yeah, she never treated her like shit.
She never missed every event her daughter was in, she never missed the parent days at school, she never used her daughter as a maid around the house, she never abandoned her daughter to flee with some random boyfriend to feel the thrill of such an experience (which means that trying such an experience > her daughter), she never forgot to tell her daughter "oh, hey, I broke up with that bum I fled with and I'm back in Tokyo".

I personally consider this treating a person like shit. Ohana constantly comes last after everything else for her mother.
A little harsh to call her a terrible person? I think it's not harsh enough.

But hey, if you drink alot and generally make a fool out of yourself, people think its a character quirk that makes it completely acceptable!

(for reference, see post above yours)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom