• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Looks like spoilers are out for the final OreImo volume and
there's really no defending of this vile shit now. ~incest end~

Uhssjiu.png

cnet128

Banned
Dammit guys you have no idea how tempting that spoiler bar is. But I will not click! I want to read the final novel for myself!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
AFAIK it's
------------straight incest------------
pppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Lucky Star was my first non-childhood anime. I was utterly confused by it
Yeah, there's a lot of culture jokes that probably fly over your head if it was an early anime. Kind of glad the first episode bored me that I put it off until years later. Those few years were enough to have some understanding of the basic jokes.

Looks like spoilers are out for the final OreImo volume and
there's really no defending of this vile shit now. ~incest end~
I knew the father was protective but to go that far! Oh lordy lordy lord.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought this was School Days.
Why did you spoiler tag this?

In case it hinted too much towards what the ending was.
Calling it a love story does at least hint that it ends in romance rather than say mass murder.

V See what I mean. Just trying to be courteous.

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! 01

Jegus I think this is the most trope-filled thing I've ever seen. I'm just speechless.

What was even going on. Why is there -- who is that -- where did they -- HUH?!

Why. Just. WHY

The first episode receives
-20 Sword Art Onlines

Thoraxes

Stop skimping, I really want to throw more things under a bus right now.

Apparently leak spoils were real, and from what i'm looking at right now...

(AKA Oreimo maybe the TV show S2 spoils don't read etc etc etc)

Before that Kyousuke rejects all the bitches that want him for his sister, and he ends up with nobody after having a mock? marriage with Kirino in a church after proposing to her. They agree to be normal siblings after Christmas or some shit and Kirino travels abroad again. Manami kicks him.

or something like that.

cajunator

Banned
New poster for Miyazaki's Kaze Tachinu with full voice cast listed:

Hideaki Anno, Miori Takimoto, Hidetoshi Nishijima, Masahiko Nishimura, Steven Alpert, Morio Kazama, Keiko Takeshita, Mirai Shida / Jun Kunimura / Shinobu Otake, Mansai Nomura

The official site also updated with the first look at all the characters in the film: http://kazetachinu.jp/character.html

Cant wait for this!

All of the CCS OP and EDs are god tier

Its true.

Before that Kyousuke rejects all the bitches that want him for his sister, and he ends up with nobody after having a mock? marriage with Kirino in a church after proposing to her. They agree to be normal siblings after Christmas or some shit and Kirino travels abroad again. Manami kicks him.

or something like that.

3102X

30ucj

Also you should probably put spoilers in quotes just in case someone attempts to quote.

fertygo

or something like that.

This actually way worse.. LOL LN writer.

duckroll

or something like that.

That sounds like a troll ending. Like, just enough to pander to what some people are thinking, but not enough to commit to any actual story direction whatsoever. Pretty much what we can expect of any LN story generally. Stupid rather than offensive imo.

Thoraxes

That sounds like a troll ending. Like, just enough to pander to what some people are thinking, but not enough to commit to any actual story direction whatsoever. Pretty much what we can expect of any LN story generally. Stupid rather than offensive imo.
Yep.

Give them that, a fancy image or two of said deeds, and a bunch of drama...

BAM! You have your ending.

or something like that.

I'm so glad I never gave this show a shot. I'm annoyed just reading such a stupid turn of events.

the mom route?

Sounds better than the canon route. Doujins: saving anime through imagination since 19whenever.

Dynedom

CourvoSol, did GEASS break your brain? I see no other reason why you would purchase Sonic 2K6. Did you buy it before GEASS? Sonic 2K6 isn't as entertaining!

Shergal

Hyouka - all of it

Nice post. Yes, Hyouka is amazing, glad you enjoyed it!
Your take on the themes of the early show is interesting, I never thought about it on past-present terms. When I watch it again some time later (because I totally will), I'll make sure to keep an eye out for it.

I think the 'meat' of some mysteries could also be rather interesting, beyond their narrative function. Especially the underlying ideas present in the festival arc hit somewhat close to home for me.

The whole production was amazing, as you say, but I think the competency and consistency in animation plays a rather big role in creating the experience. Especially when it comes to building the characters, there's a degree of reality to their body language and expressions that I don't think should be understated.

I guess on to K-On two exclamation marks. Can I skip to the second season without having seen the first?

Not really. K-On! is better if you let yourself get attached to the characters, and I don't think the underlying theme of season 2 would come through as well if you start from there.
The first season is not bad by any means either! It's a bit more disconnected and feels closer to the original 4-koma in pace and structure, but the directing and animation are pretty skillful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom