• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, people should really watch Koi Kaze. It's a real great romance series that's about incest.

No, this isn't a troll recommendation, or even a recommendation that points you in the direction of a show that's entertaining because it's dumb. It's a genuinely good series.

I'd rather have an incest show that's entertaining because it's dumb.

cajunator

Banned
Meanwhile, on a completely unrelated note from OreImo ending spoiler meltdowns,

Futari wa Precure Max Heart 1

So far, so not-terrible.

Feels pretty much exactly like the first series right now for the most part, albeit with some cosmetic changes. Mepple and Mipple's cellphone-forms got a new look (BUY OUR MERCHANDISE, BUY IT ALL), Nagisa and Sidekick got a new transformation sequence (it's much worse than the old one) and PRECURE MARBLE SCREW got an upgrade (it doesn't look too bad).

Amazingly, the only one of my five Best Parts of Precure that didn't actually come true in the first series almost did come true in this episode.
The manifestation of all that is wrong with the world shattered into three pieces...and one of those pieces shattered into twelve. That makes fourteen pieces total if I'm counting correctly, which isn't quite the billion I was hoping for, but if it gets that giant CG monstrosity out of my face, I ain't complaining!

Of course, it seems likely that
one of those pieces is going to end up becoming Shiny Luminous, who AnimeGAF seems to think is also the manifestation of all that is wrong with the world
. I'll reserve judgement on that until the girl in question stops standing around in the background of scenes looking mysterious and starts being an actual character (
yes, yes, I know, she has no character, ololol
), but if it's true, at least we can say she's consistent!

Or maybe not so consistent, since the
Queen fragment
that showed up in this episode seemed like a big improvement on the original. Adorable little fairy creature >
giant CG monstrosity
any day.

I already miss the first season's ending theme (even if it was starting to get a little old after 49 episodes of it including one where it was the focus of the plot) because the new ending theme is fucking awful. I guess there's a possibility it will grow on me, but I'm not feeling it at all right now. Also, ED animation? What animation? It looks like they threw this shit together in two minutes. Possibly less. At least the OP is still catchy.

Why would you do this? Your suffering from this point is not animegafs fault.
heehee

Incest is one if those things I really never "got". Like...why would you genuinely want to see a brother/sister incestuous relationship, or any incestuous relationship for that matter? Who is the audience for this sort of thing? And how are there enough of them so that the writer actually decided to take it down this route?

Maybe the writer's trolling and I'm babbling about some fetish I just don't understand. But...just...why? Who wanted this for unironic reasons? Who didn't want this for the meltdowns, but actually, truly wanted this?

People want what they cant have. Taboos.

I think Anime watchers like us would probably enjoy incest routes more if the sister isn't a terrible character.

I mean just look at Mikan in TLRD. People adore her and is willing to not throw her under a bus, but at the same time, it's not exactly about family bonding like Oreimo initially was.

On the other hand, it is a fantasy that people without sisters often dream of.

If Kirino was morel ike Mikan I would definitely be on team incest route. But shes not. shes a dumb bitch. Kuroneko all the way.

This seems as good a time as any to promote Koi Kaze:

koikaze1.jpg

This is a legit good show. I watched it a long time ago out of curiosity of the subject matter. Plus it looked cute.

So part of me feels thankful that my opinion of Oreimo went sour after season 1. The other half wants to see the trainwreck in action. Decisions, Decisions.

Oh, and I hooked up a 26 inch TV/monitor to my computer. Now I don't have to rely on my 19 inch monitor or my 15 inch laptop to watch anime!

I did the opposite. From 25 inch TV down to 19 because my little Samsung monitor broke :(

Holy shit if this actually happens in the last Oreimo novel

There was no going back, I had no plans to.
"I..."
I shouted the same line as always.
"I..."
I wasn't going to lie this time. These were my real feelings.

"I! LOVE! MY! SISTER! KIRINO!"

Although I had been searching for one all this time, there was no way of escaping it. No middle ground.
I had no choice but to go press on.
"...Is that so."
Mustering her courage to hear my reply as best she could, Manami smiled, her eyes filled with tears.
"That's gross."
Her voice was clear. I replied, laughing, "Oh, incest is the greatest! I'll show you a real little sister end!"

Author flat out trolling.

kirinobueno.jpg

Also dat Manami salt! So good!

Freaking Saori should have been the true end.

(I know it was never going to happen, but stilllll)

Or Manami. Saori or Manami and I would have been happy with this show.

Why would you do this? Your suffering from this point is not animegafs fault.
heehee

If Kirino was morel ike Mikan I would definitely be on team incest route. But shes not. shes a dumb bitch. Kuroneko all the way.

Clearly cnet watching Max Heart is my fault. At least cnet isn't dying at the same rate as some other people though.

And yes, Kirino should've been more like Mikan. Too bad
Manami ruined it.

Necrovex

Berserk- The Battle for Doldrey

All the major arcs were nicely done. The CG was still garbage. The 2D animation was still top-notch. I thought the 100-man battle was done better in the television show. I liked the capture of Doldrey more in this film. It was difficult to watch the final arc of this film, since I knew exactly what would happen with the characters.

Griffith's first true defeat to his ego leads him to despair (and screws EVERY person over). Just imagine if Guts didn't leave the Band of the Hawk: Griffith probably would have achieved his dreams, and everyone would be happy.

I am extremely pumped to see the third film, Descent. I will finally get to see the Eclipse truly animated. I have been flirting with catching up on the manga, but I refuse to do so until (manga spoiler)
Guts gets Caska to Fairy Island, and she reacquires her memories.

Jex

You know, in all fairness, the responses to the Oreimo spoilers should be spoiler tagged as well.

Jex

Game of Thrones is an incest show and nobody is calling for the writer's head.

Obviously you're joking but in all fairness GoT may feature incest but it isn't a show about incest, that just happens to be something the characters engage in. There's a difference between that and all the implied brother/sister stuff in Oreimo S2 because that relationship is the core focus of the show.

Obviously you're joking but in all fairness GoT may feature incest but it isn't a show about incest, that just happens to be something the characters engage in. There's a difference between that and all the implied brother/sister stuff in Oreimo S2 because that relationship is the core focus of the show.

Couldn't GoT's incest be also a thing of what time it takes place in (asking as a person who hasn't watched it)

Averon

Implying that there's a badass way to tell your sister you're DTF. :\

At least Kyousuke went all in. If you're gonna do an incest show, go all the way, I say. Don't do like the author did and get up to the very edge, spend years building up to it, and chicken out at the last possible second before stepping over.

cajunator

Banned
If its the last volume, what difference does it make if the author pulls a bullshit ending or not? People already bought the books.

PsionBolt

This seems as good a time as any to promote Koi Kaze:

koikaze1.jpg

Seriously though, people should really watch Koi Kaze. It's a real great romance series that's about incest.

No, this isn't a troll recommendation, or even a recommendation that points you in the direction of a show that's entertaining because it's dumb. It's a genuinely good series.

These are very true words.
Whenever I read that [insert other show here] is anime's "greatest love story ever told", what I read is "this person has not seen Koi Kaze". It's that simple.

On the topic of Oreimo spoilers:

I definitely expected a Kirino end, but this whole wedding business is just way too perfect. That timing! This week's episode of the anime is "There's no way my little sister could wear a wedding dress"! It's like the author intentionally wanted to create as much confusion as possible among those who haven't read the novels.

The sooner I can read this volume for myself, the better.

cnet128

Banned
Welp that kinda killed my interest in Oreimo 2.
guess I will just leave it where I left off (ep5)

C'mon, you should at least watch up to episodes 7 and 8, which feature the best pairing in the show and are wonderful. (You should also watch episode 9 because it is equally wonderful and ties up that arc nicely, but it also has heavy Kirino focus so I couldn't entirely blame you if you wanted to skip it.)

Huge boobs, huge new monitor, I'm soaking it all in right now!

Huge boobs you say? This sounds like a job for...

Hataraku Maou-sama 10

Fanservice episode. Swimsuits everywhere. Oh god look at the size of those boobs. How is she not collapsing under the weight. Nobody is going to think badly of you, Chiho, you should really get some kind of reduction surgery on those things. Dear. God.

I'm sorry, I couldn't notice anything else in the episode because those monstrosities were filling the WHOLE SCREEN.

(Okay, so there were also some cute haunted-house antics, but that's about it.)

BluWacky

Oh.

Probably THE LAW OF GENETICS getting in the way of things >_>

Fixed. It's not just an emotional/cultural response; it's a biological one. Incest = bad for the human species.

See: that episode of The X-Files with the mum on the board under the bed.

Patlabor TV 8

I like the varied designs of the Labors. For the most part they feel like a natural evolution of technology, machines which were designed for practical purposes, unlike most mecha designs. The Patlabors themselves are a bit of an exception with their more humanoid appearance and oversized guns, but as police vehicles it makes sense that they would want an appearance that says "police" and seems a bit more welcoming to citizens than the average Labor.

Hataraku Maou-sama 10

Fanservice episode. Swimsuits everywhere. Oh god look at the size of those boobs. How is she not collapsing under the weight. Nobody is going to think badly of you, Chiho, you should really get some kind of reduction surgery on those things. Dear. God.

I'm sorry, I couldn't notice anything else in the episode because those monstrosities were filling the WHOLE SCREEN.

(Okay, so there were also some cute haunted-house antics, but that's about it.)

Is Urushihara and Sadao Maou and Ashiya at least somewhat active in it? Sounds like an ungood episode :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom