• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berserk- The Battle for Doldrey

All the major arcs were nicely done. The CG was still garbage. The 2D animation was still top-notch. I thought the 100-man battle was done better in the television show. I liked the capture of Doldrey more in this film. It was difficult to watch the final arc of this film, since I knew exactly what would happen with the characters.

Griffith's first true defeat to his ego leads him to despair (and screws EVERY person over). Just imagine if Guts didn't leave the Band of the Hawk: Griffith probably would have achieved his dreams, and everyone would be happy.

I am extremely pumped to see the third film, Descent. I will finally get to see the Eclipse truly animated. I have been flirting with catching up on the manga, but I refuse to do so until (manga spoiler)
Guts gets Caska to Fairy Island, and she reacquires her memories.

Just saw this today as well. I have to say so far I find the movies far more violent and disturbing than the show, which is not all that bad.

Hataraku Maou-sama 10

Fanservice episode. Swimsuits everywhere. Oh god look at the size of those boobs. How is she not collapsing under the weight. Nobody is going to think badly of you, Chiho, you should really get some kind of reduction surgery on those things. Dear. God.

I'm sorry, I couldn't notice anything else in the episode because those monstrosities were filling the WHOLE SCREEN.

Gross. I wish I could ban breasts from anime so that my eyes would never have to be offended by disgusting gargantuan chest tumors again.

cnet128

Banned
Is Urushihara and Sadao Maou and Ashiya at least somewhat active in it? Sounds like an ungood episode :(

Ashiya is...er, a little indisposed for most of this episode. Maou gets to act cool in the occasional moments when the camera isn't focusing on GIANT BREASTS. Urushihara is sitting on his computer being Urushihara.

I'm sure you'll find something to enjoy in this episode if the breasts don't scar you for life.

cajunator

Banned
Well the people who bought all those volumes would probably be less likely to buy his stuff in the future. Unless they're into that sort of thing.

hahahaha

Fuck this DRM bullshit the ending. I'm never buying the XBone one of his books again! Well unless Halo comes out it has pretty girls in it, then I might consider it.

Exactly the next cute pretty face and people will come swarming back.
I know this for a fact because reasons.

ibkUUra1miCgB7.jpg
#Dead

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Futari wa Precure] 19

This is just an idea, but it's probably not a good proposition to have your mascots deliver a three minute plot infodump on you when they have to finish every one of their sentences with either Mipo or Mepo, especially when the rest of the episode is full of their retarded baby dialogue already. :/

Mr.Jeff

By the way, I'd read the final book of Oreimo fast before the Metro (UK) spoils it.
That is ice cold. I also especially liked the way that today they then publish a half page article "Is what we did right or wrong?", never answer the question and slip in a not so veiled message "Man, we waited until the next day, what the fuck do you want." halfway through.

Something about the idea of all those people being spoiled to that plot twist appeals to me.

Game of Thrones is an incest show and nobody is calling for the writer's head.
The difference being that at no point does the series specifically say it's a good thing aside from in the minds of the people involved.

Not exactly. Usagi Drop's ending isn't so incredibly disturbing only
because of the incest, it's also (or rather, even more importantly) because of the deeply troubling adult/child relationship, him and someone he raised as a child... there's a serious issue there, related or no. Oreimo doesn't have that. It just has stupid, idiotic anime incest-loving garbage plot design and writing.
This description reminds me of a manga series I saw once where essentially a neckbeard, mid to late 20 something ero-game artist becomes romantically interested in a girl about half his age.
While nothing really untoward happens since it's mostly really fluffy stuff like "Oh we touched hands, the warmth of another human being is wonderful" type thing, there's also something really freaking disturbing about it because he then waits for her to grow up before dating her. I can probably find the name of the series with some time....

The Oreimo responses are wonderful. I mean I know it's a bit past the point now but
with a title like that it was either going to be the story about how a brother is entranced by how adorable his sister is in a platonic way or about he suddenly thinks "A Kirino is fine too..."

cajunator

Banned
[Futari wa Precure] 19

This is just an idea, but it's probably not a good proposition to have your mascots deliver a three minute plot infodump on you when they have to finish every one of their sentences with either Mipo or Mepo, especially when the rest of the episode is full of their retarded baby dialogue already. :/

This is one reason why Porun is better. He actively cockblocks mipple and mepple.

Fixed. It's not just an emotional/cultural response; it's a biological one. Incest = bad for the human species.

See: that episode of The X-Files with the mum on the board under the bed.

Different time periods, but I'm well aware of why incest is actually bad.

[Futari wa Precure] 19

Reminding me of how they dump plot info every now and again because children can't remember.

cajunator

Banned
Different time periods, but I'm well aware of why incest is actually bad.

Reminding me of how they dump plot info every now and again because children can't remember.

Well to be fair, the episodes took place a week apart originally. Recaps make sense for a weekly childrens show.

Necrovex

Just saw this today as well. I have to say so far I find the movies far more violent and disturbing than the show, which is not all that bad.

I read the Kotaku review of the third film, and he was disturbed by the amount of violence that was in it. He also saw the 15+ version and not the 18+ version. So, I am super interested at the level of violence in the next installment.

yjSbLiS.jpg

A shikatema tease in my filler? Yes, please

Naruto Shippuden 316

Bunch of dead mooks getting spotlight that somehow turned out to be pretty entertaining when they interacted with other mooks from when they lived. The middle portion with Kabuto experimenting with the Edo Tensai was interesting, especially when he uncovered all those failures.

Also Oyaji!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PsionBolt

This description reminds me of a manga series I saw once where essentially a neckbeard, mid to late 20 something ero-game artist becomes romantically interested in a girl about half his age.
While nothing really untoward happens since it's mostly really fluffy stuff like "Oh we touched hands, the warmth of another human being is wonderful" type thing, there's also something really freaking disturbing about it because he then waits for her to grow up before dating her. I can probably find the name of the series with some time....

Sounds like Miman Renai.

Attack on Titan 9:
And the award for most over the top performance goes to the commander from this episode. That performance combined with some of the music made this episode feel pretty odd. The music during the scene where
the Scouting Legion are fighting the Titans
was especially dumb, and it conveyed the wrong type of mood for this show. It's a shame that some of these issues are cropping up, because most of the show has been pretty enjoyable.

cajunator

Banned
Of course.

It's too bad that mascots have stupid little hashtags at the end of every sentence.

hashtags? you mean the little tic at the end? thats an anime staple. Desu, degeso, wafu, uguu, nano, mone mone, tuturu~
Yeah I love those way too much.

Children are not that stupid. And even then, there's no reason why you have to extend it that much every week.

recaps in Precure arent that bad. A minute or two and its done.

hashtags? you mean the little tic at the end? thats an anime staple. Desu, degeso, wafu, uguu, nano, mone mone, tuturu~
Yeah I love those way too much.

recaps in Precure arent that bad. A minute or two and its done.

It was really annoying when you had to read those every sentence. It became tolerable afterwards when it stop being there.

hidamari sketch honeycomb 7

bonzai! world debut! Finally someone getting something done :p

dddddddd-date?

dating your college senpai? That's illegal in america.

Love yuno's date dress <3

Denpa Teki na Kanojo: OVA Episode 1 + 2

So I'm not sure if many people have seen this but this OVA was golden. It started off pretty weird with the whole girl saying she's his protector and how she needs to follow him and everything, but later the story gets interesting as heck. I loved the girl that he thought that was
his friend, and she all of a sudden starts attacking him. Don't know why but I was getting hyped when I thought the girl finally snapped. The show also had me on the edge of my seat when the girl pushed him in front of the car, who would've guessed that he survives that because of the girl.

The ending was kinda weird and left a lot of unanswered questions, but I'm fine with it. It was kinda
sick to learn the girl kept her mom in her room while she was dead, and she had a mental breakdown.
Still the show was kinda good, but I hate the cliff hanger they left me with. Also I don't know much about the MC but I guess you can't really say much about a 2 episode OVA. He seemed like more of a guy that's just there to help the other characters, but not actually have a story for himself.

I only watched this because it was recommended to me from Mirai Nikki. I wanted to see a yandere in the show and I left... sortly happy.

jgminto

Hataraku Maou-sama 10

Fanservice episode. Swimsuits everywhere. Oh god look at the size of those boobs. How is she not collapsing under the weight. Nobody is going to think badly of you, Chiho, you should really get some kind of reduction surgery on those things. Dear. God.

I'm sorry, I couldn't notice anything else in the episode because those monstrosities were filling the WHOLE SCREEN.

(Okay, so there were also some cute haunted-house antics, but that's about it.)

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK SUCH SACRILEGE!

icDD1QllO5mER.gif

BRING ON THIS EPISODE!

cnet128

Banned
Valvrave 9

An episode basically revolving around
which of the two revenge-seeking guys would get to become a Valvrave pilot - the hotheaded one who keeps trying to steal a Valvrave for himself, or the coolheaded one who keeps it all bottled up but channels his frustration into trying to become stronger
. The solution to this question is, of course,
both of them! So two new pilots in one episode brings our Valvrave count up to four.

Aside from that, this was a pretty standard episode. L-Elf seems to have fully integrated with the community and taken command of preparing our student body for war, so I guess that's a development.

Oh, and it turns out
all the adults in the colony were secretly military types and the whole school was set up to create Valvrave pilots or something
. But I think that was a fairly predictable twist at this point.

Hataraku Maou-sama 10

Chiho's way too top-heavy. It's kinda freaky. Still best girl, though. Let me tell you guys, little lizards coming out of nowhere is pretty unnerving when you haven't seen them out in the open before. Lots of that in the Philippines, but I'd never experienced it happening in the States so it scared me a bit.

I love how Suzuno and Emi reacted to the Haunted House. Although I was hoping they were going to bust out their spirit weapons or whatever and wreck something lol

Ashiya seems to spend a lot of time on this show being sick. :( That's too bad, he's a really great character.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad 8

Okay I'm getting to care about Fuko more as her little arc goes on and they show more of her backstory. And man this is getting spooky.

Oh boy, here come the feels. Feels everywhere in the next episode, no doubt.

Hataraku Maou-sama! 10

Pretty sub-par episode.

Really the only interesting part about it was the haunted house. The girls in bikini's were fine, but that wasn't enough to keep the episode enjoyable.

And poor Alsiel getting sick again. Would have made this episode more entertaining if he showed up for the trip.

Ending reveal was pretty obvious for everyone watching the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom