• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Clannad 8

Okay I'm getting to care about Fuko more as her little arc goes on and they show more of her backstory. And man this is getting spooky.

Oh boy, here come the feels. Feels everywhere in the next episode, no doubt.

I watched Clannad because my wife wanted to and she was pretty much an emotional wreck the entire time.

Metrotab

Banned
I wish they retained the previous singer for the OP.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 87: The Premonition of a Storm

~ Even if he's guilty, I can't just execute him on my own authority. ~

8RaZvwr.jpg

Truniht truly has the devil's luck.
This was quite the introspective episode, but with some lighthearted moments. Mittermeyer beating up that awful Baron was definitely a highlight. And meeting up with his wife is very heartwarming. I hope this couple remains unscathed by the die of history.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Someone recommend me a short pre-digital OVA series and I'll watch it tonight. I'm feeling spontaneous.
Which recommendation I pick is entirely up to me!

http://i.imgur.com/V7jNXpt.jpg

The translation of the UY version that I've been crawling through was merciful enough to leave the tic out, but after six or seven episodes I picked up on it myself and now I can't unhear it :(

Someone recommend me a short pre-digital OVA series and I'll watch it tonight. I'm feeling spontaneous.

The translation of the UY version that I've been crawling through was merciful enough to leave the tic out, but after six or seven episodes I picked up on it myself and now I can't unhear it :(

Fire Emblem OVA. Two episodes of unfinished 80's fantasy anime goodness.

cajunator

Banned

Theres trivia waiting for you

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fire Emblem OVA. Two episodes of unfinished 80's fantasy anime goodness.

Let me beat Awakening first!

Digimon World Movie - the original japanese one not the frankenstein american version

Will be totally lost if I've never seen a single episode of Digimon?

Stainless Night for sakuga lesbians

Perhaps if I'd asked earlier in the day.

Twilight Q. The first episode isn't particularly special, but the second is a fascinating surreal Oshii concoction.

I don't know if I'll be able to adequately appreciate this since the only Oshii work I've seen is Gosenzosama Banbanzai.

Theres trivia waiting for you

I can multitask!

Hattori

Banned
absolutely not because it's sort of a prequel/origin story (it actually released the day before the tv show started airing)

I don't know if I'll be able to adequately appreciate this since the only Oshii work I've seen is Gosenzosama Banbanzai.

Twilight Q: Mystery Article File 538 would be a great way of beginning to rectify this situation. It's a short concentrated dose of Oshii that certainly doesn't require familiarity with any of his other works. It's got a plane turning into a fish! You can't miss out on that.

CorvoSol

Game of Thrones is an incest show and nobody is calling for the writer's head.

Probably because it's always shown to be a bad thing? I mean, who has had incestuous relations or inclinations so far in the show?
Cersei, Jaime, and the Targaryens? Cersei is the evil queen, Jaime is going through some major penance, and Aerys and Viserys Targaryen were mad. Dany might be, Joffrey definitely is, and while Tommen and Mircella appear fine, one never knows.

Pretty sure GoT has always portrayed it as a bad thing.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 4:
Good character based episode. The conversation between Ledo and Bebel was highly enjoyable, and presented both some interesting cultural information about the setting, as well as posing some important questions to Ledo, and highlighting the differences in mentality between times of war and peace. The reaction to the rain was something that I wasn't expecting, but made a lot of sense. I think this show has done a great job so far at building its world and having the characters reacting to situations in ways that make sense for their perspective.

jbug617

Banned
Holy shit if this actually happens in the last Oreimo novel

There was no going back, I had no plans to.
"I..."
I shouted the same line as always.
"I..."
I wasn't going to lie this time. These were my real feelings.

"I! LOVE! MY! SISTER! KIRINO!"

Although I had been searching for one all this time, there was no way of escaping it. No middle ground.
I had no choice but to go press on.
"...Is that so."
Mustering her courage to hear my reply as best she could, Manami smiled, her eyes filled with tears.
"That's gross."
Her voice was clear. I replied, laughing, "Oh, incest is the greatest! I'll show you a real little sister end!"

Author flat out trolling.

Breaks my heart. Poor Manami.

The Severing Crime Edge Episode 9

The first half was alright, I didnt think they were that bold
to kill of the one author with the rule book. I really liked his character and Killing Goods, but then that whole affair, so bloody

The rest was just really awkward and uncomfortable.
licking her hair, nibbling her ear, licking her neck and more, just really not what I wanted out of this anime and wish I had been forewarned so I could have just skipped it. That could have been saved for an ova especially since it developed nothing at all

not sure how reducing it down to 'japan has no kids lol' is an explanation, but okay.
People who actually have siblings, opposite-sex ones particularly (as, yes, I do), of course would be extremely unlikely to have any interest in incest stories. They'd know how stupid the concept is. Pretty simple.

Having siblings doesn't mean they'll "understand how utterly delusional the entire concept is," it just means the object of their fetishistic desires may just be the concept of siblings detached from their actual blood relations,
While possible, this is unlikely, and is surely rarer than the above category.

or they might actually just want to fuck their own sisters.
And this is something that only an infinitesimal number of people would actually think. Oh come on, that happens so rarely that it's barely even worth mentioning.

I don't think so

I'm not sure there is any anime with real incest (not it's not really his sister stuff) in it ends up happily and actually encouraging such relationship, it's usually the other way around and it ends kinda badly even if incest happens, definitely not something that's aired on TV prime time... I think I read some where that they are some rules about this stuff and depicting such relationships in Japanese media. I don't think Japan is ready for that on TV.. .yet, you have to start from somewhere though! who knows lol.

anime probably will be different.

... these spoilers are making me actually go and watch Oreimo... seriously, I'm ashamed. #mustresist.

You haven't seen... uh, what was that (tv) anime a few years ago, with the incest sex ending... have you.

Might want to spoiler that, dude.
Okay, if you insist, but you're the one who said that it ends like Usagi Drop! Everyone knows exactly what that means, and you didn't spoiler it.

Why does every LN/VN narrator sound the same?

Is something just lost in translation?
LNs are the Japanese equivalent of Young Adult novels, and you're looking for good writing?

Obviously you're joking but in all fairness GoT may feature incest but it isn't a show about incest, that just happens to be something the characters engage in. There's a difference between that and all the implied brother/sister stuff in Oreimo S2 because that relationship is the core focus of the show.
Yeah, this really is the difference.

This description reminds me of a manga series I saw once where essentially a neckbeard, mid to late 20 something ero-game artist becomes romantically interested in a girl about half his age.
While nothing really untoward happens since it's mostly really fluffy stuff like "Oh we touched hands, the warmth of another human being is wonderful" type thing, there's also something really freaking disturbing about it because he then waits for her to grow up before dating her. I can probably find the name of the series with some time....

The Oreimo responses are wonderful. I mean I know it's a bit past the point now but
with a title like that it was either going to be the story about how a brother is entranced by how adorable his sister is in a platonic way or about he suddenly thinks "A Kirino is fine too..."
This is anime for otakus. It was never going to be the former of those two, and that was obvious right from the beginning (I watched the first episode of S1 of Oreimo and then dropped it; the ending was blatantly obvious right from the start.).

wsippel

Banned
Honestly, I'm actually shocked that
OreImo went full incest. Even OniAi "copped out" by revealing that they weren't related.
Yeah, but it did so really early on. And that's part of what it made so funny. Because all but one character knew what was really going on the whole fucking time. Not to mention OniAi is actually a comedy.

Not much additional details for Oreimo but

Manami confronted Kirino and Kyousuke about their relationship. kirino gloated that she won and Manami punched her in the stomach saying she wanted to fight Kirino (Kyousuke assumed ahe was going to fight with words earlier.) Kyosuke broke them apart and Manami yelled to Kirino that they ahould be normal siblings and that Kyosuke should break up with Kirino. Kyosuke refuses. Manami then confesses to Kyousuke and gets rejected by him since he chooses Kirino. Manami then kicks Kyosuke in the stomach.

Manami suddenly gaining mad respect points.

cnet128

Banned
Katanagatari 9

On the sword side of things, a fairly plain episode. One of the more reasonable opponents Shichika has faced (possibly the most reasonable of all), but unfortunately so set in her ways that she refuses to fight an unarmed man. Since Shichika's fighting style relies on being unarmed, he was decisively handicapped for most of the episode, and in fact was only able to win the battle at all due to
Togame distracting his opponent with a game of shogi
. It was nice to see that Shichika at least
got to show her his strength after the fact, defeating her conclusively once the sword and protective gear were out of the picture

The sword itself, too, was by far the most plain we have seen so far, to the point where the characters considered that its ordinariness could actually be its defining feature. An interesting paradox, to be sure, but again, not one that made for an awfully interesting episode in terms of action.

The lacklustre action in the episode was, however, made up for by Togame's growing paranoia that Shichika was spending "quality time" of a different sort with his latest enemy. Her rising jealousy through the episode was entertaining to watch, and culminated in
a passionate kiss that made even Shichika blush bright red. And that's no mean feat.

Oh, and the Maniwa finally tracked down one of the swords for themselves (took them long enough), but then promptly went on to
lose another of their number at the hands of Emonzaemon, who made some rather unsubtle but effective usage of another of the three remaining blades, this one in the shape of a pair of handguns. These Maniwa really do just keep dropping like flies.

At any rate, with
the Poison Blade
in the hands of the quickly dwindling Maniwa, and
the Flame Blade
in the hands of Emonzaemon and his mistress, that just leaves one remaining blade unaccounted for. The end of the journey draws ever closer...

Pooya

You haven't seen... uh, what was that (tv) anime a few years ago, with the incest sex ending... have you.

um, I think I have an idea which show you're talking about, I don't remember the name of it or the characters actually as I've only seen some scenes of it, I think their parents were dead or something like that and it had quite explicit scenes (as it can get on TV I guess), I think it had some kind of bad/sad ending though.

NISA Adds Yuruyuri School Comedy Anime Series

mBgMdPf.jpg

NIS America (NISA), the American subsidiary of the Nippon Ichi Software game company, announced on Thursday that it will release the first season of the Yuruyuri television anime series on September 3. NISA will release the series with Japanese audio and English subtitles in a two-disc Blu-ray Disc premium edition box set. Included with the boxset is a hardcover full-color art book with an episode guide, character and promotional art, and interviews with the Amusement club and student council members. Video extras include clean openings and endings and B-side episode previews. The set will retail for US$64.99.

NISA also confirmed with ANN that it will release the second season of the series, Yuruyuri♪♪, in early 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom