• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

speaking of gundams, which ones are the must watch? (I've only seen Gundam Wing and that was when I was around ten)

I would recommend G Gundam and the original Mobile Suit Gundam. You might also like SEED. I would strongly advise against the following four Gundam shows: 0083: Stardust Memory, Gundam SEED Destiny, Gundam AGE and Gundam 00 in that order.

Zeta Gundam wasn't everything I'd expected, but it's by no means bad, and its sequel, ZZ Gundam has been pretty enjoyable so far. 08th MS Team is okay. Also definitely War in the Pocket. But 8th MS and WitP shouldn't be watched until you've seen MSG.

Godannar 7

So somehow, even with all the anal sex jokes bouncing around, they manage to make this into a fairly touching episode about what happens when your spouse finds out about your ex, angry best friends, and also some nebulous plot development. It also answers the question of what is it like for a boy to pilot a woman shaped robot. The answer is very awkward.

And apparently, in spite of being a military trained soldier, Chiziru thinks its okay to go butt first through an opening.

Jewelpet Kira Deco 35

rSwTM37.jpg

Do you like card games? This is the episode for you then! The kotatsu-loving villain has trapped the denizens of Jeweltown inside collectable cards and forced them to battle against each other. The only ones left to save them from this fate are Red and Angela. Will they be able to work together and save the day?

eiFBrKs.jpg

Uh oh.

Of course they win in the end by literally punching through the rules.
Eat your heart out, Yu-Gi-Oh.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - 01

7H9OvRp.png
A7oWgKG.png

Same episode. :lol

Alright opener, but holy shit at that momentary art change a little after the halfway point. Had to do a double take. Not really much to say about Nanoha yet but from what we've seen of her so far it looks like she's going to be playing the low self esteem hero act. Love her school uniform though, it screams purity and class.

148U8ih.png

With that dialogue and scene you might as well be saying
they're fucking
, Nanoha-chan.

Alright opener, but holy shit at that momentary art change a little after the halfway point. Had to do a double take. Not really much to say about Nanoha yet but from what we've seen of her so far it looks like she's going to be playing the low self esteem hero act. Love her school uniform though, it screams purity and class.

I went into this show and had a pretty negative impression of the two first episodes. But as it progressed, oh man as it progressed...let's just say that the first season is good, but the second is a masterpiece.

Hattori

Banned
I would recommend G Gundam and the original Mobile Suit Gundam. You might also like SEED. I would strongly advise against the following four Gundam shows: 0083: Stardust Memory, Gundam SEED Destiny, Gundam AGE and Gundam 00 in that order.

Zeta Gundam wasn't everything I'd expected, but it's by no means bad, and its sequel, ZZ Gundam has been pretty enjoyable so far. 08th MS Team is okay. Also definitely War in the Pocket. But 8th MS and WitP shouldn't be watched until you've seen MSG.

sounds good, thanks!

I think this was the first smutty anime I watched. I was blown away by its perverted scenes and opened my eyes to the world of hentai. Though I really remember nothing about the plot and reading the spoilers for the ending making me surprised it went with that direction.

Was the first ecchi anime I saw too. I tried to ignore all that stuff though because I was more into if for the comedy. I'm an anime comedy fan nut so I mostly watch anime's only if they have comedy in them. Green Green did deliver in the comedy aspect like I wanted but the rest wasn't all that great.

Sket Dance 21:
The staff clearly had a lot of fun with this episode. There were some nice visual pieces that really helped the story go, and Shinzou's brief appearance was quite hilarious. The post credits Shiritori game was just incredible.

speaking of gundams, which ones are the must watch? (I've only seen Gundam Wing and that was when I was around ten)

The original, Zeta, Char's Counterattack, War in the Pocket, and G are must watch. Also consider Unicorn and 08th MS Team.

CorvoSol

High School of the Dead 2

Kay, so Takagi is now Andrea, because well, that's who she strikes me as. Too bitchy to be Maggey, but not useless enough to be Lori. Fat kid is Dale/Herschel. Carl is an open slot I intend to keep open for whoever acts the biggest idiot per episode.

Rei is Lori. It is done.

OH MY GOD. THE NURSE'S :CHET. HAVE THEIR OWN SOUND EFFECTS.

HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MICHONNE. And yes, I realized I just missed the opportunity for a HELLOOOOOOOOOOO NURSE.

Daleschel built a goddamn rifle in no time flat. Hooooo yes. Look, Rick, going home during a zombie apocalypse is never, ever a good idea. You don't want to know if mom and dad got out okay. You want to believe it, but you never, ever want to know.

Okay, so it isn't JUST Rick Grimes, Michonne is also SUPER genre savvy for having only just entered the Zombie Apocalypse several hours ago. Actually, come to think of it, fat kid is maybe not Dale, but more like Daryl, which is quite the step up. Nurse Joy is now Herschel: has medical skills and is easy on the eyes.

Sket Dance 21:
The staff clearly had a lot of fun with this episode. There were some nice visual pieces that really helped the story go, and Shinzou's brief appearance was quite hilarious. The post credits Shiritori game was just incredible.

Glad someone else here is currently watching Sket Dance also. I'm not very far though, I'm only on episode 5 but am on a good pace right now.

Dog Days - 1

...Alright dog princess. That is not how war works. Don't believe me? Well this dog has something to say to you!

Maybe but the princess way of war is so much entertaining !!!

Nanoha is nothing special until ep 5 ? Before that point it's a classic & average anime...
After that point well it's nanoha...

So don't worry too much and enjoy

Yes, another Nanoha watch! Like R_thanatos said, the first few episodes is pretty standard mahou shoujo, but then it gets to a point that sets the tone for the entire series. Especially A's, one of my very favorite shows ever.

Yeah, I really enjoy both the manga and the anime. It's a series that I wish more people had given a chance to. It's very underrated.

If only it hadnt ended last year and kept going, though I thought quite a few of us in the thread were watching it while it was airing. Regardless, I kind of wish with the manga ending rather soon they would come back and reanimate more, or at least do more character songs. The series really had some good ones.

Yeah, I really enjoy both the manga and the anime. It's a series that I wish more people had given a chance to. It's very underrated.

I haven't read the manga yet, but most of the reason i watch it is because I heard the person who made Sket Dance worked with the creator of Gintama. Not sure if true but I do notice the similarity. Sket Dance reminds me of the comedy of Gintama but more light-hearted. Since I watch a lot of comedy shows a lot of people kept recommending it to me so I eventually picked this up and have been enjoying it from what i see so far. Also I like the design of Bossun, he looks very unique with his hat an all.

Hunter x Hunter 83

And there's Kite being badass. I just noticed his voice sounds like every anime narrator ever.

Next few weeks are going to be nuts.

CorvoSol

Sword Art Online 1

I'm starting this, and before I do, let me clear something up, because some people have said some vaguely mean things recently and I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea: I'm going to give this show a perfectly fair chance. I gave Code Geass that after the first episode, and enjoyed it, even R2's absurd bullshit. I gave Gundam 00 that chance and was sorely disappointed. AGE I had heard rumors going in, but I tried to give it another chance every arc. I can't promise I'll be fair, because I'm a stupid, opinionated, and boorish person and I have my likes and dislikes. That said, I'm going into this show almost completely blind, and we'll see how it turns out.

That said, the episode list says there are 5 "specials" episodes. When are these to be watched?

Maybe its just because I need to pee right now, but I can't help but think "What if they need to go to the bathroom?" and also, Kirito's design really captures that "I just started an RPG" look by being as, uhm, bland? as possible. I'm assuming he'll get a new costume soon. "We're trapped in a virtual reality, I may well starve, no one is coming for me and DID YOU SAY YOU HAVE A SISTER?" Hahahahaha.

If the situation is really as bad as the red wizard here is saying, couldn't governments just deploy EMPs to knock out the power and/or the internal battery? I feel like the inability to escape this situation is being somewhat overplayed. Hahahahaha, I'm glad they didn't skip over the whole guys pretending to be girls online thing.

Hahaha, the main bad guy's evil purpose was to
rule over a world of MMO players? What, did he get killed too many times in a PVP or something?

Wait, why would EXP and gold be limited in an MMO? That sounds like a bad game design. Sudden yaoi pandering is a bit wtf, but okay.

Well that was an okay start. I wasn't a big fan of the "Stuck in a game" thing any of the other times I saw it as a kid, but hey, Klein seems okay.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online 1

I'm starting this, and before I do, let me clear something up, because some people have said some vaguely mean things recently and I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea: I'm going to give this show a perfectly fair chance. I gave Code Geass that after the first episode, and enjoyed it, even R2's absurd bullshit. I gave Gundam 00 that chance and was sorely disappointed. AGE I had heard rumors going in, but I tried to give it another chance every arc. I can't promise I'll be fair, because I'm a stupid, opinionated, and boorish person and I have my likes and dislikes. That said, I'm going into this show almost completely blind, and we'll see how it turns out.

That said, the episode list says there are 5 "specials" episodes. When are these to be watched?

Maybe its just because I need to pee right now, but I can't help but think "What if they need to go to the bathroom?" and also, Kirito's design really captures that "I just started an RPG" look by being as, uhm, bland? as possible. I'm assuming he'll get a new costume soon. "We're trapped in a virtual reality, I may well starve, no one is coming for me and DID YOU SAY YOU HAVE A SISTER?" Hahahahaha.

If the situation is really as bad as the red wizard here is saying, couldn't governments just deploy EMPs to knock out the power and/or the internal battery? I feel like the inability to escape this situation is being somewhat overplayed. Hahahahaha, I'm glad they didn't skip over the whole guys pretending to be girls online thing.

Hahaha, the main bad guy's evil purpose was to
rule over a world of MMO players? What, did he get killed too many times in a PVP or something?

Wait, why would EXP and gold be limited in an MMO? That sounds like a bad game design. Sudden yaoi pandering is a bit wtf, but okay.

Well that was an okay start. I wasn't a big fan of the "Stuck in a game" thing any of the other times I saw it as a kid, but hey, Klein seems okay.

Next episode is better. Then it turns terrible.

cajunator

Banned
I can finally stop painting for a bit. ^^;

So. Fucking. Godlike.

Kill Me Baby 1-13

Spent Friday and today watching this. I want a 2nd season and more Agiri (really like the VA for her).

Also didn't get tired of the ED

tumblr_mgy83l81zE1r18dt4o1_250.gif

You CANT get tired of that ed.

Green Green - Thoughts | Yeah I Know This is Very Old But I Just Saw It

So I have the DVD for this anime which I've had for a real long time and I just got done watching the whole thing. It was kinda funny that my sister bought this DVD instead of me because she thought it was a cute looking love comedy (she only looked at the cover and bought it)... oh she was surprised to find out what it truly was. She was so mad she bought this that she just handed it to me and told me happy early birthday, lol.

Anyways, I've got to say that except for all the fanservice this has got to be the funniest anime I've ever seen. The main character is as bland as they come so he isn't memorable at all. The MC's friends though are funny as heck and more entertaining to watch then him. His gorilla looking friend
doesn't even like the girl he's interested in, he just wants her to call him big brother and eat rice next to her lol.
Overall it was pretty funny though I have to say that you have to have a lot of tolerance for the pervy friends cliche if you watch it. Also I think this is the first anime I've seen where I didn't like the harem because the MC is so boring. I can't say one thing about him that makes him stand out in the show.

So all in all the characters are interesting except the MC. The ending was
terrible and overall unpleasant. Seeing the main girl die and the purple haired girl get interested in the MC made me mad. Especially since I liked the friends more then the MC so I thought they deserved more.
A very old anime for me to bring up but I liked it and had to tell someone.

This show isnt worth the 10 bucks I bought it for but it is pretty funny and has a great ending theme Aozora.

Dog Days - 1

...Alright dog princess. That is not how war works. Don't believe me? Well this dog has something to say to you!

So right now, my backlog consists of:
Jojo - A fighting anime with a really fast pace.
Fate Zero - A buddy-buddy magical warfare anime where threat is all over the place.
Dog Days - A buddy-buddy furry doggy magical warfare anime where there is no threat whatsoever.

I do not think this is a healthy diet.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Godannar 7

So somehow, even with all the anal sex jokes bouncing around, they manage to make this into a fairly touching episode about what happens when your spouse finds out about your ex, angry best friends, and also some nebulous plot development. It also answers the question of what is it like for a boy to pilot a woman shaped robot. The answer is very awkward.

And apparently, in spite of being a military trained soldier, Chiziru thinks its okay to go butt first through an opening.

Its more than that because he lost his ex so it stands to reason that he would still have feelings for her which complicates the whole marriage thing even more than say if he simply broke up with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom