• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sword Art Online 5

What possible reason could Kirito have for not letting NPCs die when they respawn? I'm sorry, but if human lives and AI lives are at stake, and AI lives respawn, then it should be a NO BRAINER which way to go here.

I can't actually understand half of what Kirito says, does or thinks.

Aaaaawww, mommy's little beater is all grown up and on his first date! Jeez, there are some real sick people playing SAO. Go into someone's room and make them duel you while they sleep so you can kill them? Who'd have thought that among the 10k players who were permitted (and really, 10k is kind of sort of the worst launch sale ever), so many would be daggum psycopaths. Then again, the designer seems to be a sick old teacher who gets off on picking on kids, so uh, maybe he just attracted that kind of group?

Oh snap it's a whodunit! Ace Detective Beater is on the case! Yeah! Lingering butt shot of a frightened murder witness! Woo! All this objectification of women has me feelin' noire as fuck already.

OH BOY A CLUE. Khan Basilio is an upstanding guy. Also, that isn't a spear. Can we stop calling it one? LOL Kirito just jabs it in his hand. Lonely Beaters the world over know Kirito also shares their pain, but Asuna-kun will help heal his heart!

Man, what if Basilio doesn't want to hold onto your "spear" Asuna?

Holy shit you mean killing people in their sleep is a fad? Holy shit everyone in SAO is a fucking psychopath. 2000 people died by accidents alone when this game began. There's not going to be anyone left alive by episode 15.

Okay, Yoruko has been suspicious as hell this whole episode. Ten bucks says SHE DUN IT. People been playing this game so long they've gotten wed. How long have they been playing this game?

How can you not imagine that the game allows for murders in safe areas when you have spent an entire episode describe a popular method for murdering people in safe areas while they sleep?

Well, it looks like I was wrong.
Yoroku wasn't the dun it.

lol episode 15

can't say anything.

Branduil

Sword Art Online 5

Oh snap it's a whodunit! Ace Detective Beater is on the case! Yeah! Lingering butt shot of a frightened murder witness! Woo! All this objectification of women has me feelin' noire as fuck already.

This only makes the conclusion of this arc all the more hilarious.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If it's in sexy Freeman or O'Brien voice, they can call it whatever they like.

HI-TWO-CAGE
Utena has:

The late Tomoko Kawakami (RIP)
Kotono Mitsuishi (Sailor Moon, Misato, etc)
Aya Hisakawa (Sailor Mercury, Kero, etc)
Takehito Koyasu (He's in everything)
Juurouta Kosugi (Jotarou Joestar)
Ai Orikasa (Ryouko from Tenchi)
Hikaru Midorikawa (Zelgadis, Lancer, etc)

Kaiji 1

Well I took this up for 3 reasons.

1) A genre shift for the most part away from the usual
2) Because someone didn't shut up about it for some months, so I'm watching
3) Episode 3 of the 1993 OVA for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure was awesome

Now then Kaiji is quite the bum, and this episode takes its shot towards Kaiji's mindset, so looking at this episode as a whole, it's basically examining the human psyche in regards to them being a loser, as well as being a victim to greed. Gangsters basically, playing with these weak people's emotions in order to get the better of them. Considering that this is an anime about gambling, the Human Psyche looks like it'll be tackled with over the next 51 episodes to come.

And I can't wait.

not dub obviously

Magi 24

TjTW3JAl.jpg

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho~

Noirulus

Yeah I don't remember jack about The Big O, but I plan on fixing that soon. I also don't remember Gundam Seed Destiny, but I think all of those fist-shaped holes in my wall tell me that was intentionally forgotten, so I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie.

I have this same problem. I watched a ton of anime back then when my sister first introduced it to me. Inukami, Great Teacher Onizuka, They Are My Noble Masters, and Maburaho were the first 4 anime I watched online subbed, and I can't remember a thing from those shows. I can't even remember the endings. I watched a lot more when I first started getting into anime but I can't even remember the names let alone the shows.

Really wish I had better memory.

I have a TERRIBLE memory. Im surprised I can remember what I ate for breakfast. Same goes for what animes I watched in the past and how far (particularly in College anime club).

Happy to see I'm not alone on this. Also, I think having bad memory does have a benefit or two. For example, I enjoy re-watching Gintama every so often because I forget most of the punchlines and jokes.

Everyone's favorite Three Kingdoms Chinese Zodiac Cat Boys Otome VN is getting an anime!

Otome visual novel producer Otomate and its parent producer IDEA FACTORY, announced in a fan event, Otomate Party 2013, that the otome visual novel "Juuzaengi ~Engetsu Sangokuden~", will get an anime adaptation. The visual novel, with Tei Dai's characters design and Nobuo Uematsu's music, shipped for PSP on May 24, 2012, and the following is the synopsis:

The Juuza. That is the name given to those of the 13th Zodiac: the cat people. Seen as a vulgar and contemptuous race, they live a life of seclusion away from human eyes. However, as the end of the Han Dynasty draws near, the rise of the Yellow Scarves has thrown the land of the Three Kingdoms into turmoil. As armies converge, a young Juuza woman named Kan'u and her village are forced out of their peaceful lives as Cao Cao and his punitive force press their way into the village.

Here's a PV of the characters.

If you get to date Cao Cao, sold!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad: After Story 10

This show is gonna wreck me, I just fucking know it, but I can't not watch it.

Aww, no don't do this to me.
Give Nagisa a little break, just a little one.

Fuck this, arggggg.
a sad, lonely, clubless Nagisa. my heart...

Okay writers, you better not hint at
Fuko
and then
not show her especially after we haven't seen hide nor hair of her for basically 12 episodes.

Gosh, they make a cute couple.
If I don't get to see a Tomoya x Nagisa wedding, heads are gonna roll. Just don't let this new job ruin whatcha got, kid.

Dresden

sasami @ ganbaranai - end

- those first few episodes are really bad

- still suffers even at the end from the constant barrage of mythological figuratives and other such nonsense

- not sure what happened at the end; there was a dragon and some stuff

- typical Shaft incompetence/ugliness

-----

+ picks up at episode five, hits its peak at episode eleven

+ quite possibly the most heartwarming portrayal of a dickgirl in the last ten years

+ Shaft 'style' is less of a hindrance here after a while; usually it's just visual noise, garbage, a gimmick sustained more as a stamp than as an asset, but here it's mostly restrained and the quick cuts are held back to assisting in pointing out simple visual cues.

+ i really liked hidari's designs and i'm glad the general look was kept; so moe

+ i also really liked most of the cast. even that elementary schooler with big tits. yes. i liked that American Gods-esque reveal about just why she is that way.

+ i'm mostly dismissive of meta bullshit but Sasami's brother turning out to be a stand-in as everyone's onii-chan was pretty neat and it was one of those elements that tied back into the show's mythological underpinnings. Nice moment at the end with Tsurugi.

+ real lesbian love; why is Kagami so sweet?

+ Kagami is best girl

+ cute end cards

despite all its flaws, turned out to be pretty enjoyable. no regrets watching this.

conclusion: oscar worthy storytelling; citizen kane moment in anime. 11/10

random screenshot:

Aww, no don't do this to me.
Give Nagisa a little break, just a little one.

Fuck this, arggggg.
a sad, lonely, clubless Nagisa. my heart...

Okay writers, you better not hint at
Fuko
and then
not show her especially after we haven't seen hide nor hair of her for basically 12 episodes.

Gosh, they make a cute couple.
If I don't get to see a Tomoya x Nagisa wedding, heads are gonna roll. Just don't let this new job ruin whatcha got, kid.
yesjacknicholson.gif

Lucky Star 17

c0IFybll.jpg

My SHOUNEN HEART IS BURNING!

Episode wasn't bad. The sisters part was pretty nice especially since it was much different tone wise compared to the other bits.

The ED continues to be all kinds of amazing.

cajunator

Banned
Date a Live ep 10

Woah there Origami, I know you want Shido badly but this is too much!!!

Latest episode was fanservicey. Too much for my tastes.

Man, E3 killed this thread.

Other than the Square stuff, I didn't see anything to be interested this E3 =/ I'm a jaded old man.

I feel similar. Nothing from any of the three was particularly exciting.

I thought the Monolith game with the Guilty Crown-esque trailer music looked pretty cool.

You talking about X?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
despite all its flaws, turned out to be pretty enjoyable. no regrets watching this.

conclusion: oscar worthy storytelling; citizen kane moment in anime. 11/10

random screenshot:

The only thing bad about this anime is that it's TOO good.

Also, given that Shaft is stuck in adaptation hell, at least they pick decent shows to work on.

CorvoSol

Slayers NEXT 23

So hey, remember how Lina is super badass and OP? Well it happens that Gourry is, too. He's just a nice guy/total idiot and holds back all the time. This time we see what Gourry and the Sword of Light can do, which is nice, because sometimes I don't know how this weapon beat the Demon Beast Jennifer. What's surprising, though, is how everyone seems to forget that the Sword of Light absorbs and gains the properties of spells casts on it. So when
Lina lobs a goddamn Dragon Slave at it, it should be no surprise it has that level of power. He even uses it to block a Ragna Blade attack!

Also! Sylphiel is back! You know, because you like Sylphiel! Oh, and Zangulus is back and slightly tsundere for Gourry's sword.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Now I need to finish Sasami.

Fuck.

THANKS OBAMA DRESDEN

cajunator

Banned
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 36

CUTEST. EPISODE. EVER.

This episode contains 500% adorable Porun content. A little girl (who is almost as adorable as Porun) finds Porun and Rurun hiding behind a rubbish bin, mistakes them for stuffed toys that have been abandoned and takes them home. At first Porun and Rurun are terrified and looking for any chance to escape, but after the girl cares for them really nicely they grow attached to her.

Then the two of them see the girl crying because her father is coming home, but she accidentally broke one of his precious model cars and doesn't know how to face him. While the girl leaves the room for a moment, Seekun and Prosun slip in and try to get Porun and Rurun to escape, but they don't want to leave the girl alone. IT'S SO ADORABLE YOU GUYS. <3<3<3

So the girl puts Porun and Rurun (as well as the broken model car) in her backpack and runs off to hide in a nearby park. While she isn't looking, Porun slips out of the backpack and hides just out of sight so he can give the girl a heartwarming speech about how her father loves her, so she should be brave and face him. Rurun also gives a few words of encouragement while the girl isn't looking.

After an impromptu Zakenna battle, the girl's mother and father find her in the park and the girl, remembering Porun's words, tearfully apologises to her father for breaking his model. Her father tells her that he can always build the model again, but she is more precious to him than anything. D'awwwwwwww. Then the girl's parents notice Porun and Rurun, so Nagisa and friends take this opportunity to come forward as their original owners, and the little girl sadly hands her new friends back to Hikari.

But not before she realises who it was that gave her such good advice, and when she looks around just before leaving, she sees Porun and Rurun waving goodbye. I THINK MY HEART MIGHT EXPLODE FROM THE HEARTWARMING CUTENESS.

Max Heart's existence utterly justified.

Porun is adorable. At least someone else finally realizes it!

I wonder if cajunator approves of cat princess peach...

aUuuQ36.png

Its likely.

Me too. Galaxy is infinitely superior.

Indeed it is!

I've never seen Utena, but looking at the dub cast I can see that Crispin Freeman and Liam O'Brien are in it, so the temptation is definitely there.

Utena dub is pretty good stuff.

Mature

Detective Conan 699 - The Shadow Approaching Haibara's Secret (Part 1)
Ooooh my gosh. This is about to get so amazing. It's been a while since I've been really excited about the next episode. Great way to usher in episode 700. Puhhhloooot~!

OceanBlue

I can't wait to see your reactions to the latter half of After Story. I hope you enjoy it. :3

I watched some of the latter episodes to remind myself of what happens, and it looks like I still enjoy it as much as I did when I first watched it.

Detective Conan 699 - The Shadow Approaching Haibara's Secret (Part 1)

Ooooh my gosh. This is about to get so amazing. It's been a while since I've been really excited about the next episode. Great way to usher in episode 700. Puhhhloooot~!

I'm glad they've finally gotten to this case (and it makes me want to hurry up and get caught up with the anime). So many amazing things that spill out from here.

I just wish that they had timed it so that (slight spoiler via case names)
Episode 700 was the start of the Mystery Train arc, instead of this.

Mature

I'm glad they've finally gotten to this case (and it makes me want to hurry up and get caught up with the anime). So many amazing things that spill out from here.

I just wish that they had timed it so that
Episode 700 was the start of the Mystery Train arc, instead of this.
Why are Haibara episodes so good? Rhetorical question of course.
JjSsNtE.gif

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam 41

So uh, is it just me or does Haman Khan want into Judau's pants? I mean, she probably can't be older than 30, so yeah, but Judau can't be more than what, 17? Why go after him when she has dudes like Mashmyre at her beck and call? Unless she's into Judau because he's a Newtype? Iunno.

Hey you know how I know I must almost be done with this series?

PEOPLE DYING FOR NO REASON AT SHORTER AND SHORTER INTERVAAAAAAAAAAAALS!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Uuuuuh, Elle and Roux showing up with a rocket launcher is the greatest thing. It's hard to take Mondo seriously with his goofy voice.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I can't wait to see your reactions to the latter half of After Story. I hope you enjoy it. :3

I watched some of the latter episodes to remind myself of what happens, and it looks like I still enjoy it as much as I did when I first watched it.

Is this what corvo feels like?

Oh my...oh my....what is this? Sunshine >Galaxy? I knows it your opinion but come on.

Whats next? FF13 is the best FF?

Let's not get crazy. Die Hard is the best Final Fantasy.

Tamerlane

Banned
I dunno guys I think Crash Bandicoot is both cooler+more badass than Mario. I'm thinking about buying a Sony's Playstation next gen instead of a Nintendo's Nintendo for this very reason

CorvoSol

CorvoSol

Nah. You're actually enjoying what you're watching!

I like stuff I watch! I just find it harder to fill posts with praise than scorn.

Godannar 14

CLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

High School of the Dead 9

Saeko is such the best girl. GODDAMN WHITE SWORD MOTHATRUCKAS. IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE AND NOW I GOT TEN HEARTS AND I'MA RIP Y'ALL A NEW ONE! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Takashi is the luckiest apocalypse survivor ever.

CorvoSol

SAO 6

Kirito has the intense ability to throw Golf Tees. A ghost can frickin' PK in a safe zone. Why would they be forbidden from using teleport crystals? God dammit Kirito, quit making shit up to impress Asuna. You have demonstrated for two episodes now you have no idea how this game works, so shush.

Also why is a goddamn ghost the first idea and not a hacker? It's an MMO. Hackers.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Called that last episode.

"I'M WILLING TO BET MY VIRGINITY."

DEAD.

I'M DEAD.

I can't.

LOLOLOLOL.

DEAD.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HE
killed his wife because she suddenly outgoing and self-confident. AHAHAHA

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Smile Precure 32

Even Usagi didn't pull gambits as bad as this.

I'm going to be somewhat disappointed if they don't end up casting Supernova in stock.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

OceanBlue

i was more talking about the sorta "oh man just wait until..." responses.

Ah, sorry. I'll try to refrain from doing that. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of other people doing that to me, but I just wanted to mention that I watched a little bit of the show because of your impressions.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Ah, sorry. I'll try to refrain from doing that. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of other people doing that to me, but I just wanted to mention that I watched a little bit of the show because of your impressions.

oh no worries! I don't mind it, honestly, I was just commenting on the feeling of doing it corvo and having the tables turned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom