• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how nintendo has been pumping out these incidental poster girls for random things lately. It's hilarious how little the world needs to make fanart of something.

Anyway 3DS tethered E3 reps > swapnote Nikki > wii fit trainer

:Kayos

Really? REAAAAAAAALLY?

haven't you heard? Cajun don't play games no more.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
iowNTgRutzrrq.jpg

I was probably a bit mad to buy this, but it's Akari~n so how can I say no.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In which case, surely we should be telling everyone the spoilers before they watch it? After all, the tragic audience knew exactly what was going to happen at the end, whereas School Days is supposed to be relying on its shock value.
I knew about the ending, although not the details or the progression. It's kinda hard to miss in here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
AjPMaZll.png

You know what, I guess in a way I respect this guy for not only knowing what he wants, but just doing it.

iowNTgRutzrrq.jpg

I was probably a bit mad to buy this, but it's Akari~n so how can I say no.
Did you ever make that papercraft doll but with transparencies instead of paper? lol

faridmon

I think I am bailing out from TeamKoreneko.
I haven't had any time to adjust towards any other team yet, but one thing i know, I will not be on TeamManami.

Jex

Kaiji 1

Well I took this up for 3 reasons.

1) A genre shift for the most part away from the usual
2) Because someone didn't shut up about it for some months, so I'm watching
3) Episode 3 of the 1993 OVA for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure was awesome

Now then Kaiji is quite the bum, and this episode takes its shot towards Kaiji's mindset, so looking at this episode as a whole, it's basically examining the human psyche in regards to them being a loser, as well as being a victim to greed. Gangsters basically, playing with these weak people's emotions in order to get the better of them. Considering that this is an anime about gambling, the Human Psyche looks like it'll be tackled with over the next 51 episodes to come.

And I can't wait.

not dub obviously

Good luck, friend, I hope you can survive some of the pacing in the final 1/5th of the series. It's really something to behold.

Tenumi

Banned
Lets Play! Suite Precure: 02

Dat midriff...

Anyway, our heroines are best of friends again, after becoming enemies over a simple misunderstanding. Mature. They defeat the Negatone, and begin life as Precure. Hopefully somewhere along the line they can get a fairy mascot more usefull than Hummy...

Syrinx

Lets Play! Suite Precure: 02

Dat midriff...

Anyway, our heroines are best of friends again, after becoming enemies over a simple misunderstanding. Mature. They defeat the Negatone, and begin life as Precure. Hopefully somewhere along the line they can get a fairy mascot more usefull than Hummy...

Okay, I know Precure hair isn't exactly realistic or anything, but damn, wtf at pinky there?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Did you ever make that papercraft doll but with transparencies instead of paper? lol
I forgot about that. I've actually managed to unearth my putting cutting tools so I can get back to making some again. I'm going to have to find some transparencies though.

Good luck, friend, I hope you can survive some of the pacing in the final 1/5th of the series. It's really something to behold.

I had a feeling this would've been a case, considering it's a 4 hour situation stretched into 26 episodes. But I'm ready.

Should probably learn Mahjong if I feel like tackling Akagi.

jbug617

Banned
Another Time of Eve update.

You get a digital download of Pale Cocoon and Mizu no Kotoba by Yoshiura if you are on the $55 level. The bad news it's coming in January and it has DRM.

Jex

I had a feeling this would've been a case, considering it's a 4 hour situation stretched into 26 episodes. But I'm ready.

Should probably learn Mahjong if I feel like tackling Akagi.

On the plus side, if you make it to Kaiji S2 you get to experiencing the finest pacing of any Kaiji story - for half the series. Then it becomes an ungodly slog, again.

Both seasons of Kaiji would really be improved by being significantly shorter because at times they move at a great pace and really trim the fat of the original material but at other times its basically pure torture.

Kurita

Keizoku 2 : SPEC ep 1-3
"SPEC" will revolve around a pair of police detectives as part of a special division solving difficult cases (Mishou). Touma Saya is a woman with an IQ of 201 and an inability to "read the atmosphere" in social situations. Due to a previous case, her left arm is in a sling. Her partner Sebumi Takeru used to be the star performer of the Metropolitan Police. After some incident however, he was transferred to Mishou. Those two track down offenders with special abilities(SPEC) who managed to get away with their crimes.

So far so good.
Detective drama? Powers and supernatural stuff? MY WAIFU TODA ERIKA? Perfect.
The main duo is so good, they're so funny. Toda Erika and the other guy are perfect.
I was suprised to see that the special effects weren't that cheap (for a J-drama, that is).
The scenes where Touma throws sheets of paper in the air in slow-motion look really, really good. The music is also cool, there are some neat short audio effects every now and then when the characters talk to build up tension.
Loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom