• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

It was an anti-Abh propaganda film, which is what the old lady had in her luggage. This is the same luggage that Jinto and Lafiel retrieved. There's a shot confirming this too, and a shot of the audience of this film.

So to connect the dots here, their noble action allowed somebody else to fan the flames of resentment.

I thought it had something to do with the luggage, but it was so poorly executed that the annoyance of watching it overpowered everything else.

On the subject of Fire Emblem: Awakening being an anime: it sorta fits the criteria like

-Miyukichi voicing the best girl
-Waifu wars
-this loli is 1000+ years old so she's a legal loli
-???
-Sugita is cool

That's usually the criteria for most anime, really.

Kaiji 10

Out of the frying pan into the fire. I think that's how it goes.

NEW character alert, blond man Sahara proving to be sneaky. Kaiji still remains a bit of tact, but is also still stupid, the temptations of gambling sets its hooks in yet again. I get the feeling Sahara will somehow play into this because he doesn't know any better.

CorvoSol

Yeah, the mood isn't particularly positive there either. But you always have that group that gets hostile to negative opinions in an official thread. I bailed out of that thread a long time ago because of that. But I've thought Titan was a mess from the beginning.

Surely no such people exist for Majestic Prince anymore? That show has become just plain awful. I don't know why I still watch that show.

I don't think I've preached enough about Valvrave.

Carry the gospel of Valvrave to every corner of the net.

On the subject of Fire Emblem: Awakening being an anime: it sorta fits the criteria like

-Miyukichi voicing the best girl
-Waifu wars
-this loli is 1000+ years old so she's a legal loli
-???
-Sugita is cool

That's usually the criteria for most anime, really.

Dub Gregor > OG Gregor.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Ayase and Kuroneko should be around each other more often. Pretty funny.

Also, Ayase best.

Mature

Detective Conan 700 - The Shadow Approaching Haibara's Secret (Part 2)
XBAzC0c.png
SUKU7fv.jpg

uyFBWo2.jpg
r5RotBc.jpg
I was expecting a few cop-outs and writer's conveniences for this episode, but it pretty much delivered. The case itself was simple, but solid and had a relatively touching, bordering on tragic, ending (Remember kids, if you accidentally kill your friend: 1. Stop 2. Don't panic 3. Don't harbor a grudge and 4. Turn yourself in). Haibara's escape from the burning cabin
utilizing the APTX 4869
was fulfilling. I was wondering how she could possibly escape the way she did and not give it away to the kids. Her quick thinking to concoct a relatively believable story was well played. Also, hey, Conan's gut reaction to seeing the burning house containing
what he thought to be
all of his friends was sorta intense. He's often in a position where he can be active and submit a solution, but that brief element of helplessness was well done.

This business with Amuro, Sera, and Subaru needs to come to a more transparent head soon. We've been left in the dark long enough! Judging from Amuro's expression (above) of
connecting Ai to Shiyo,
he seems to be the biggest candidate for being the Black Organization "spy" (Bourbon. I guess). Though this arc has been going on long enough that I've forgotten the finer points. Next time sequential plot episodes start up, I'll probably do a rewatch/recap of the big stuff from this arc. Excited for more.

CorvoSol

There's no English VA in that game better than Miyukichi so I think I did fine!

There's nothing in Fire Emblem Awakening that is better than Gregor. Like, literally nothing. He's the greatest character in the series and I have only played 3 games in said series.

Hell, technically I am a character in Fire Emblem and I still am not as good a character as Gregor.

There's nothing in Fire Emblem Awakening that is better than Gregor. Like, literally nothing. He's the greatest character in the series and I have only played 3 games in said series.

Hell, technically I am a character in Fire Emblem and I still am not as good a character as Gregor.

You must have not played a female or had a daughter voiced by Miyukichi, because then they would be best.

CorvoSol

Good grieving.

Cordelia is best girl, but Gregor is best everything else. Even Kincaido mentions having dreams of lying his head in Gregor's lap.

Also LOL at the first 20 seconds of Attack on Titan 11 summing up the 18 minutes/20 seconds of Attack on Titan 10.

You must have not played a female or had a daughter voiced by Miyukichi, because then they would be best.

I play as a boy whenever afforded the opportunity.

Kaiji's Pushmo Game 11

Can't save scum here, but you can be pretty scummy as well.

The gamble here is just sickening. We don't see
the impact of the fall, but it sounds pretty brutal either way. Apologizing for something you're about to do or already did, what a crock

This is entertaining despite the examples of human... human... desires... I don't think I worded that right. I'm not sure how to.

CorvoSol

Attack on Titan 11

I think I just need to stop expecting things from Anime. I'll feel better that way. Episode was going fine for me until the stupid
punch at the end
. Mostly because Pixis is hilarious on screen. Still, better be some serious action next episode.

Kaiji 12

So it's a repeat of the last race.... except people die when they are killed this time. Jesus christ. It's like great, No need to play Pushmo here, but now we moved into Crashmo instead!

What horrors lie in front of them, implying that what they were just told was only the tip of the iceburg. I wonder how the pacing is going to work here.

To Heart 1

I'm still kinda on a school romance kick after kinda marathon-ing Clannad and Clannad: After Story and this popped up on an auto rec generator, thought I'd give it a try at least.

You know I'm having the same feeling watching this that I did when I started Clannad, of having seen it before. I definitely remember Akari and her room. I can't remember how much of it I watched of it though or when I watched it. I must've watched a few episodes of it some time ago. Just a very vague sense of seeing it before. I don't think I finished it though, so it might be worth the re-watch (especially since I don't remember the plot all that much). I do remember there are some sad twists but I can't remember what they are.

Decent guitar solo in the OP, nice.

Kind of a poor English VA cast so far but not unlistenable. Akari (Angora Deb/Debora Rabbai) is decent enough for a lead, Hiroyuki (Rich McNanna) is kinda...not.

I definitely remember watching parts of this show sometime ago.

Kind of a simplistic show so far, but I'm not actively hating it.

ED is kinda boring, but not bad.

I think I'll stick with this show for now. Plus it's fairly short (13 episodes) though there are like a few sequel series. I think will probably not watch those unless I really end up liking this.

I don't know the rest of AnimeGAF's opinion on this show, but I highly recommend Toradora. It's like the more lighthearted parts of Clannad, and I really enjoyed it.

Jex

Crest of the Stars 2

This was a lot better than the first episode. The story took time to breathe and develop the characters, and the depiction of friendship and Jinto's discomfort at having to leave was very touching and well done. It helps to have good editing and storyboarding that depicts visually how the characters are feeling about each other and the situation.

[...]

I don't understand what the heck the last two minutes were about, though. That was extremely irritating, both in its rapid editing and the ugly blur-and-grime filter they used that reduced the scene to a incoherent series of unfocused images and sound. Please don't do that again, show.

I'm glad that I'm not the only who felt that the first episode was a bit of a mess. I haven't posted my episode impressions bet but I saw similarly unimpressed by the ending 'film'. Luckily, if I remember correctly, they don't attempt to do anything as stupid as that again.

Soma

The Garden of Words

Huh. That ending was slightly more conclusive than I was expecting especially for a Shinkai work.

If nothing else, this was one of the most visually stunning animated works I've seen in a long time. So much detail in the backgrounds and that rain.

CorvoSol

Godannar 21

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Lou is the worst. Absolute worst girl in the whole show. Can't stand her. Meanwhile, this episode had a fair amount of character development for Goh, and also a touching mending of issues for Goh and Anna. Hope those two crazy kids can get their marriage back together when this nonsense is over.

Also, you may have heard of gag boobs, but Shizuru has a running gag booty. Once it got stuck when she tried to enter a robot ass first, and now apparently her butt is larger than Goh's, in spite of the fact that Goh is readily twice her size, and his calves alone mean he should be taking up just as much space as her.

What am I saying this is a show where giant robots can :chet, none of that matters.

Smile Precure! - 38

Now I just want that Yotsubato! anime(
that will never happen, because Azuma
) more and more. ;___;

Please don't toy with my emotions man.

Speaking of which

Kaiji 13

Really hitting these out of the park today. Been a while since I did something like this, although it's nothing compared to my peak consumption.

Beginning: INDESTRUCTIBLE! NOTHING'S GONNA STOP ME NOW!

Anyway, Both Kaiji, and the Rich douchebag serve as our commentator (well rather Kaiji living what Rich Douche is describing) in regards to the emotion element, on how we psyche ourselves up as a means of distraction, along with how fear continues to get the best of us.
two people died, one from an over the top wind segment

END: THE WIND IS PUSHING ME!
for the wrong reasons

Jex

I'm really confused at some of these choices. I don't get why they're stretching this out so much. It's not as though there's not enough material to adapt, and there's a lot of more interesting stuff coming up that I would rather them get to. They're pacing this as though they were 100 episodes into an adaptation and had to stretch things out in order to let the manga get ahead, complete with excessive amounts of reaction shots and the like.

The production issues that have been affecting the show for some time are really becoming a quite noticeable detriment to the series as a whole. I assume this is the only option they have left.

cajunator

Banned
But then how will you know the anime you like is shit?

I know the stuff I watch is shit. Thats half the fun! :D

Is that so? I haven't read the thread since episode five. I'm guessing that, at least, lapsed anime fans bailed because the "anime tropes" they they bemoan finally manifested in the show.

I also feel obligated to point out that referring to people who still enjoy AoT as CasualGAF wasn't meant to be condescending although it certainly sounds that way; it was just a hasty and probably poor way to differentiate people who are easier to please from those whose enjoyment of something is affected by the technical aspects of production.

it was an inevitability. All anime will eventually fall into one trope or another.

Jex

Looks like they fixed up a fair bit of the blockiness in that pilarmen JoJo ep for the home release.

Well that episode was by far the worst in the series in that regard. Too bad there's many visual elements that I'm sure they wouldn't fix (the Joestar mansion, for example).

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I don't know the rest of AnimeGAF's opinion on this show, but I highly recommend Toradora. It's like the more lighthearted parts of Clannad, and I really enjoyed it.

Okay noted. I'm not a huge fan of lighthearted 24/7 shows (I like some tragedy to my romances). I do think I recongize the characters from just around boards and YouTube though.

Godannar 21

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Lou is the worst. Absolute worst girl in the whole show. Can't stand her. Meanwhile, this episode had a fair amount of character development for Goh, and also a touching mending of issues for Goh and Anna. Hope those two crazy kids can get their marriage back together when this nonsense is over.

Also, you may have heard of gag boobs, but Shizuru has a running gag booty. Once it got stuck when she tried to enter a robot ass first, and now apparently her butt is larger than Goh's, in spite of the fact that Goh is readily twice her size, and his calves alone mean he should be taking up just as much space as her.

What am I saying this is a show where giant robots can :chet, none of that matters.

Prepare your booty body

Please don't toy with my emotions man.

There would be nothing to give me more joy, and get my money faster than an Yotsubato!
xKyotoAnimation(dream)
Anime, but Azuma himself is against an anime version.

Smile Precure! 39

They could have played with
Cinderella
storyline more.
I love that Miyuki expression from the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom