• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
IOHJbJG.jpg

Doctor is quickly becoming a fave

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 6

Actually interested in the plot with the woman and the guy's backstory with the lookalike Sosuke, even though its not him.

And I'm pleased that Gen and Ko have joined, they definitely bring a refreshing pace from just seeing a whiny Shino.

Necrovex

Utena 13

Untitled_zps85e596cf.png

First arc complete! Time to attack the second arc!

So this was the recap episode everyone was talking about. I actually enjoyed this episode. This episode really showed me how amazing the OST is for this show. I am starting to see why so many people love this show. It's so bloody good.

Plus I enjoy the build up to the next arc. Everything is being set up quite nicely. I am very interested to see where this show goes from here.

This episode also reminded me why people who love Nanami are crazy. She is a kitty murderer. How can any of you love such a villain?!

Tenumi

Banned
I hate the overuse of the term "Mary Sue". Its lost any meaning that it once had due to that overuse. Nowadays, people just throw it around as pretty much a "character I don't live" label. It annoys me so much, especially since practically none of the characters they use it on fit the label.

DokiDoki! Precure: 20

See those? Those are the eyes of someone who is
under mind control. Well, likely under mind control anyway
. Anyway, a full face turn for Regina looks like its in the cards, since
Her and the princess have been kidnapped by the selfish trio

Also, thanks for that spoiler in the preview, Toei!

HeartCatch Precure! - 05

That ramen surfing, the battles here are really nice and the next time Marine promised she would think about a catchphrase for herself.
Sasorina, Kumojacky, and now Cobraja
and there are those minions from the opening who were just taking photos this episode, looks like there gonna be a lot of enemies.

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Splash Star 7

First villain down! Fairy Carafe get! Fountain of Trees restored! Zekkouchou nari~!

Akudaikaan's little retainer dude is such an ass. I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for Kareharn after all the smugfaced taunting that guy made him suffer through. I hope he meets a really sticky end by the time this series is over.

FocWLDA.jpg

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 7

Well, the monkey god situation was resolved somewhat.

Kinda amusing that Shino and his group just stood there and didn't even try to save those guys who were killed in front of them.

I should probably Sudoku to repent.
But I think I'll just Go instead.

It's not sudoku it's seppu---

Wait ... forget it .

----------------
Dokidoki precure - 20

Damn toei , i know you want rattings to sell your new toys , but please don't spoil so much in your previews !

Wasn't a bad episode actually , but very predictable except on 2 points.
Still regina is still the best character , followed now by the mysterious butler "sebastien"

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Why would she not notice ? she is the perfect character in precure universe.
I don't even know if i should be surprised it took so long or not.

It's Mana. She probably feigned ignorance over the change as part of a meticulous plot to set up the perfect circumstances to convert Regina.

I hate the overuse of the term "Mary Sue". Its lost any meaning that it once had due to that overuse. Nowadays, people just throw it around as pretty much a "character I don't live" label. It annoys me so much, especially since practically none of the characters they use it on fit the label.

Except it fits Mana perfectly. She's not an author insert, but she's an unjustifiably perfect prodigy and her perfection draws the admiration of everyone around her.

It's Mana. She probably feigned ignorance over the change as part of a meticulous plot to set up the perfect circumstances to convert Regina.

Meticulous planning for the Mana harem plan
Except it fits Mana perfectly. She's not an author insert, but she's an unjustifiably perfect prodigy and her perfection draws the admiration of everyone around her.

Indeed , she is gifted in everything to the point that she need to be stopped sometimes by her friends. Even makopi has lost the fight .

Such is the aptitude of someone capable of lecturing a giant monster ..... because

Syrinx

Hyouka 1

For a guy who talks about how he doesn't like to go out of his way, that was really odd of him to decide to do that mystery for that girl, though I suppose most of the work was done by his friend in coming up with that bullshit story. Hopefully they'll encounter more interesting stuff in the future than "why was that girl (I watched this, then ate dinner, then phoned my dad to tell him to wish him happy Father's Day, so the names escape me) locked in the club room when she didn't have the key?" And genuine stuff, not that made-up one they did to entertain her.

Or they could just do what a Classics Club does. I wager it's reading and discussing classic literature. That could be cool, I guess. Though it wouldn't make for a very interesting show.

cnet128

Banned
Hyouka 1

For a guy who talks about how he doesn't like to go out of his way, that was really odd of him to decide to do that mystery for that girl

But she was curious!

Futari wa Precure Splash Star 8

Did I mention best sisters ever? Minori is too adorable. She was so heartbroken when she thought her big sister might not like her any more. Awwwwwwww. Good thing fights don't last long in Precure, because everybody has to make up by the end of the episode. And Saki and Mai's POWER OF FRIENDSHIP when they were finally united in protecting Minori was frankly off the charts.

Also flamboyant fire villain hits the scene. Ahahah, this guy is a real character.

rail gun s 3

so... this is happening sometime between index 1 2 or something?

And wtf... i feel like they are going a little overboard with her electricity ability :/

wjRhgiI.jpg

She's one of the most beautiful Yuki-onna's I've seen

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 8

I positively enjoyed this episode more so than all the others.

Dosetsu was so likeable and his reaction to everything weird around Shino and towards Yukihime was priceless. His backstory with Yuki and his connection with Hamaji was so interesting as well.

And that song from Yukihime was so lovely. Really hope there's a full version of it.

Hyouka 1

For a guy who talks about how he doesn't like to go out of his way, that was really odd of him to decide to do that mystery for that girl, though I suppose most of the work was done by his friend in coming up with that bullshit story. Hopefully they'll encounter more interesting stuff in the future than "why was that girl (I watched this, then ate dinner, then phoned my dad to tell him to wish him happy Father's Day, so the names escape me) locked in the club room when she didn't have the key?" And genuine stuff, not that made-up one they did to entertain her.

Or they could just do what a Classics Club does. I wager it's reading and discussing classic literature. That could be cool, I guess. Though it wouldn't make for a very interesting show.

That guy's attitude pisses me off so much.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gargantia 11

IvzASWKl.jpg

OH COME THE FUCK ON.

So I can't believe I was right when they actually went and redid
Apocalypse Now
. The problem is that they made the "for babies" version of that story and it lacks any emotional or intellectual depth beyond rehashing the shitty arguments from last week.

The fact that it ends in possibly the most idiotic cliffhanger I've seen in a while - not because of what happens but because the stakes are so improbably ridiculous that there is only one logical outcome given the shallow nature of the show.

Ugh, at least with something like VVV, I have no reason to give a shit because everything about it is just idiotic. Gargantia is disappointing in as much as there is so much potential that is being squandered.

I mean, I guess I'm happy that they had higher aspirations than MJP, but what a massive let down.

Chronoexe

HeartCatch Precure! - 01~04

Oh god, the sheer amount of reactions faces here. I love it.
Is being a transfer student and being hit in the face by fairies a precure shtick?
While I was watching my brother asked me: "Is this Furi Kuri Precure?" I certainly felt like it, I would like to know who's responsible for this style, did I already mention that I love it, because I love it.
And we have a more diverse cast,
one Tuxedo Mask(doki doki), one student council president(doki doki) and one Precure Senpai with her cute fairy
, Coupe-sama.
Where the heck did that Heart Seed came from? lol
Erika is adorable, and Blossom has a lovely ponytail.

We all ask the same question, but there is no answer.

Welcome to the team

Erika <3

Why would she not notice ? she is the perfect character in precure universe.
I don't even know if i should be surprised it took so long or not.

She probably thought that everyone would think she was stretching in order to protect Regina, because they're terrible and they just want Mana to themselves.

Meticulous planning for the Mana harem plan

Indeed , she is gifted in everything to the point that she need to be stopped sometimes by her friends. Even makopi has lost the fight .

Such is the aptitude of someone capable of lecturing a giant monster ..... because

Pretty much those. All her friends don't really exceed well in being a foil. Alice is rather passive about it, so she doesn't really count.

We all ask the same question, but there is no answer.

Welcome to the team

Erika <3

Hnnng

The Devil is a Part-Timer! Episode 11 The Hero Stays True to Her Convictions
tumblr_moif0uxCJq1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_moif0uxCJq1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Much of the first half was hilarious with all the moments with Urushihara making me laugh the most and then the two random things with him and Ashiya. Was slightly disappointed with where things went second half though, too much so fast.
Though what if the SFC manager also is defeated and joins Mauo's crew. Without the sunglasses hes pretty nice and ought to stay around

Syrinx

So I'm not into the whole figurine collecting thing, but Crunchyroll has this deal where you can pre-order this Deep Sea Miku thing for $120. Apparently it's based on a song a fan created. I guess it's supposed to come out next year or something.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/deals/498/hatsune-miku-deep-sea-girl-ver-18-scale-pre-order

I know a lot of people like Miku and I thought they might like this (probably already have their preorders in now that I think about it), and it looks pretty nice I suppose, though you may have a problem if space is an issue (looks at cajunator).

This is probably some old news or some ripoff or just me being an idiot, but I just thought I'd post this.

wonzo

Banned
Gargantia 11

So I can't believe I was right when they actually went and redid
Apocalypse Now
. The problem is that they made the "for babies" version of that story and it lacks any emotional or intellectual depth beyond rehashing the shitty arguments from last week.
FWIW I'd totally watch/read a version of
Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now
but with babies. Doubly so if it was a manga by the great Umezzz.

Pooya

Gargantia 11

snip

yeah, the outcome seems pretty underwhelming while expected. The world and lore have a lot of potential, I'm not really digging what we're getting with this other fleet and obvious conclusion. meh.

This episode was a waste of time, basically could merge this one and 10 together, nothing really happened.

The sick crawling chaos - 10

Forshadowing...

Forshadowing ....

Tokimeki references

Pop music

Superb Ending ..

In short : Glorious episode !

date a live 12 FIN

Didn't really expect this... and I guess there will be another season?

there is still 1 more girl to conquer! :D

And they really don't give a fuck ripping off the gundam seed METEOR system lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
FWIW I'd totally watch/read a version of
Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now
but with babies. Doubly so if it was a manga by the great Umezzz.
The
mammaries... the mammaries...

yeah, the outcome seems pretty underwhelming while expected. The world and lore have a lot of potential, I'm not really digging what we're getting with this other fleet and obvious conclusion. meh.

This episode was a waste of time, basically could merge this one and 10 together, nothing really happened.
Other than the
Kurtz
reveal, yeah. Although I'm honestly expecting one final twist where
Kurtz never existed and was just a manifestation of Ledo's mind
. Maybe then I'd be cool with it. :p

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Splash Star 9

Does this show just have, like, an endless supply of heartwarming to load into its Cannons of Heartwarming and shoot straight into my heart at full power? It's not even fair.

Theonik

Gargantia 11
iPJVG89T9SuR9.png

:wonzo combine mentality.
This is like all the bad predictions from the last few episodes rolled into one. The problem is that the show flirts with going serious but then keeps remembering it can't go the distance and shrieking into its dark corner again. It's a shame because they go to such efforts to try and set up the stage while it looks like they won't go through with it. Also:
The fact the gargantia cap zoomed in on Amy was pretty dumb. Thanks we remember she's in Gargantia show you don't have to throw what's at stake in our face. "SEE THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING IN GARGANTIA IS AMY *Probably is for Ledo." (now that the two best girls are gone)

CorvoSol

Attack on Pacing 11
Nothing happened. Again.

BUT, you did get to look at Pixis' stache for most of an episode. That's a plus.

Also I can't read this page because it's all Utena and Gargantia talk and I'm not up to where everyone is on that stuff.

Frak. It's gonna be a long night, I guess, 'cuz I still gotta watch Char's Counterattack tonight, too.

Futari wa Precure Splash Star 9

Does this show just have, like, an endless supply of heartwarming to load into its Cannons of Heartwarming and shoot straight into my heart at full power? It's not even fair.

Ah ah ah and you're not even at the best part yet... you're in for a wild ride , that's for sure.

For info splash star was my favorite season before heartcatch came in... it's for me the second best precure season no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom