• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

That guy's attitude pisses me off so much.

iZEXO3cHvNVf.jpg

Detective Conan 218:
Sonoko always seems to find herself in danger, but she's pretty resourceful at handling it. I absolutely loved the scene where
Megure blocks the attack on her.
That was some badass shit, and the way it was shown was just perfect. Megure was a big badass, and got some really great moments throughout the story. Matsumoto also gets to troll everyone in the epilogue.

Date a Live 12

Well, I thought that was a good finale for the season.

Kotori being revealed to have
always having maximum affection for her oniichan
was sweet. Not really a fan of that tease about a possible Season 2. I really hope there is one though.

And I did appreciate
Kurumi's
cameo appearance.

As for the series, I admit I enjoyed it. DaL had a rocky start and (excluding Ep 3) an average middle portion. But after Ep 7, it really hit its stride and I'm glad I watched the entire season. I still believe the best part about the series was the girls and the music. Kurumi is easily the best girl in the entire series and the rest of the spirit girls were pretty great as well. The music itself was really good and has pretty much confirmed at least one buyer out of me for the OST.

Final Girl Ranking

Kurumi > Tohka > Kotori = Yoshino > Reine > Ryouko > Tama > Mana > Those Three Girls > Origami

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 123
I understand the anime is a very loose adaptation of the manga, but I still find it weird that they are cramming all these major villains in so few episodes just to
off them so non-chalantly
. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily, since the comedic seemingly-less-important episodes are where this show shines through.

Also, lesbians.
Literal symbolism much? Next thing you know Tuxedo Mask is gonna turn into a motorcycle or something...
Because they hadn't found enough ways to sexualise Chibi-Usa yet. Including the scene with her and Usagi naked in the bathroom from the beginning of this episode.

Thoraxes

Gargantia - 11

Pinion, bro, you hit the jackpot on
women
and
money.

Also, the
predictable plot event
at the end was predictable.

Scenery this episode was really cool though, and I loved how muted everything was in that one place.

Oh well, the drama next episode next week should be good if it's written well.

Syrinx

Hyouka 2

This Chitanda girl would go nuts over those old Encyclopedia Brown books I used to read in grade school. She gets intense over this shit. Too bad she has to constantly hassle Oreki into giving a shit, which he seems to despise doing. Then again, these are just curious matters that really aren't worth losing sleep over. But hey. A cute girl who's the top of the class and comes from a rich family is fascinated in your ability to figure out random shit. He really has it pretty good. Too bad he's too much of a lazy, apathetic shit to notice or appreciate it.

Date a Live 12

was sweet. Not really a fan of that tease about a possible Season 2. I really hope there is one though.

And I did appreciate
Kurumi's
cameo appearance.

As for the series, I admit I enjoyed it. DaL had a rocky start and (excluding Ep 3) an average middle portion. But after Ep 7, it really hit its stride and I'm glad I watched the entire season. I still believe the best part about the series was the girls and the music. Kurumi is easily the best girl in the entire series and the rest of the spirit girls were pretty great as well. The music itself was really good and has pretty much confirmed at least one buyer out of me for the OST.

Final Girl Ranking

Kurumi > Tohka > Kotori = Yoshino > Reine > Ryouko > Tama > Mana > Those Three Girls > Origami
I feel the same way about this serie , including the rankings .

mgsbroshake.gif

The second part was quite enjoyable and it ended on a good note.
i don't think i'll be able to wait for the second season and will probably read the Lns.

Kurumi is the best.
Kotori would have been higher if she awakened her tsun attitude sooner.

Nice ending.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
[Attack on Titan] - 11

I'm surprised that this is the point where people are saying they're "done" with the show. I'm not saying that this was a good episode, of that the current pace is acceptable, but it's certainly better than last weeks outing. At least it seems that there will be some 'action' next episode, but whether or not it's animated remains to be seen.

Also, it's best if we don't talk about the writing of most of these characters. It's...unimpressive, to say the least.

I haven't watched since Episode 01, but I'm feeling a bit justified about my earlier prediction of "It will throw all of its budget in the first episode or two and then decline greatly" being right. It was just a gut feeling, turned out correct this time. Team Magi 2.0

Branduil

I haven't watched since Episode 01, but I'm feeling a bit justified about my earlier prediction of "It will throw all of its budget in the first episode or two and then decline greatly" being right. It was just a gut feeling, turned out correct this time. Team Magi 2.0

It doesn't have anything to do with the budget. They're throwing all kinds of money at the production right now.

The Severing Crime Edge Episode 11

They could have made the bath scene longer mainly it was too short to even realize what had even happened before the scene change, though the whole ordeal regarding the wound and blood was kind of interesting. I wish it had lasted the whole thing instead of going into forgotten plot territory of stuff no one would really remember once the episode ended.

Crime edge 11
Disapointing episode where nothing happens even if it was necessary to get ready for the finale.

I'm pretty sure the whole flash back is in fact a farce ( or a elaborate deception )

Anyway ..the preview confirmed some action next week , so i'm hoping for next week already.

Fetish of the week :licking

Railgun S 10:

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR INDEX

Looks like we're now caught up to the point where Touma now enters this arc. I guess this means the rest of this arc is going to be shitty, though I suppose it will be less shitty since it's from Mikoto's point of view and maybe watching Touma punching Accelerator will be cooler from her PoV than it was from Touma's.

This show was pretty awesome up until this point. Just about 3 full episodes were dedicated entirely to the fight with ITEM, and the animation was really good throughout.

I wonder what the second half of Railgun S will be about.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hyouka 2
A cute girl who's the top of the class and comes from a rich family is fascinated in your ability to figure out random shit. He really has it pretty good. Too bad he's too much of a lazy, apathetic shit to notice or appreciate it.
vcVxeFy.jpg

Binbougami ga! 2

Bobby's the name, groping's my game! A BLACK DUDE IN MY ANIME! I forgot the last time this happened! oh... Panty and Stocking.

Well Bobby isn't just for perversion at least, he has powah! And tight clothing for girls!

Sakura is capable of using MLP spawns at least, but it won't stop Momiji from messing with her.

cajunator

Banned
Tsuritama.

I second this!

*Going back to the Date a Live discussion for a sec.

Tohka was easily the best thing about the show until Kurumi's appearance.

Yes Tohka is next best after Kurumi. She's sooooo cute!

OH shiiiiiit corvo is watching Sword art online

XzzlkDl.jpg

Sometimes I really worry about Corvy-kun's well being. BUt he seems to be taking all this horrible anime like a champ.

Hunter x Hunter 84

There's that creepy fucker! God, that voice is going to be so damn unsettling when some later stuff happens.

They did a damn good job of showing how fuckin monstrous Pitou is, and he barely even did anything. The censorship was expected, and only made that infamous scene a bit less disturbing by virtue of
Pokkle not having his entire brain out in the open.
Also, what happened directly after didn't happen, but oh well.

Still amazes me how they're handling this arc. If it wasn't for that goddamn unfitting OP, it would be perfect.

Wait, this has a catgirl in it? dammit.

Gargantia 1

I decided to watch this cause I've caught up on Maou and I figured I'd check this out cause lots of people say it's good. Decent enough opening I suppose; guy from the future ends up on Earth cause of a space-time issue in a space battle he was fighting in six months beforehand. So now he's probably going to have to adjust to a primitive (by comparison) society and interact with these people speaking this different language and all that jazz.

Cool water effects.

Gargantia is pretty good yeah. Characters designs are very nice and so are the backdrops. The world building is also really nice. the show gives off a generally pleasant vibe.

gargantia 11

they really aren't subtle about this stuff eh?

Urobuchi doesnt know how to be subtle.

So I'm not into the whole figurine collecting thing, but Crunchyroll has this deal where you can pre-order this Deep Sea Miku thing for $120. Apparently it's based on a song a fan created. I guess it's supposed to come out next year or something.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/deals/498/hatsune-miku-deep-sea-girl-ver-18-scale-pre-order

I know a lot of people like Miku and I thought they might like this (probably already have their preorders in now that I think about it), and it looks pretty nice I suppose, though you may have a problem if space is an issue (looks at cajunator).

This is probably some old news or some ripoff or just me being an idiot, but I just thought I'd post this.

Actually I am not really interested in that figure but I do suspect Rurounizel might be plotting to sell a kidney to acquire it.

date a live 12 FIN

Didn't really expect this... and I guess there will be another season?

there is still 1 more girl to conquer! :D

And they really don't give a fuck ripping off the gundam seed METEOR system lol.

Wait...1 more girl? Details?

Date a Live 12

And I did appreciate
Kurumi's
cameo appearance.

Final Girl Ranking

Well you got the top five correct. Cant ask much more than that.

Hyouka 2

This Chitanda girl would go nuts over those old Encyclopedia Brown books I used to read in grade school. She gets intense over this shit. Too bad she has to constantly hassle Oreki into giving a shit, which he seems to despise doing. Then again, these are just curious matters that really aren't worth losing sleep over. But hey. A cute girl who's the top of the class and comes from a rich family is fascinated in your ability to figure out random shit. He really has it pretty good. Too bad he's too much of a lazy, apathetic shit to notice or appreciate it.

This show is pretty yawn inducing a first but it gets a lot better. The little arc where they discover the past of Sekitani Jun and the Classics club is kinda interesting. Drunk Chitanda is super hnnng. Mayaka is shit.

Hentai Ouji - 10

The plot of this anime is really something else.... i have NO IDEA what's going on or what the focus is from episode to episode as i'm treated to twists , absurd situations and lot of problem solving...

I'm surprised the plot still have glimpses of sense when every girl in the show has made wishes so many times without any kind of collateral ( or so few ) trully incredible ....but hey at least we're not bored.

Hentai_Ouji_to_Warawanai_Neko_-_10.jpg

So pure !

But the most devilish thing in this show are the girls... so pure they are ...so hard to choose witch one is the best ...such a difficult decision no doubt.

Wait, this has a catgirl in it? dammit.
Hunter x hunter delivery is different from other animes/manga..

let me tell you that this catgirl isn't like your typical catgirl found in other animes.
Wait...1 more girl? Details?
The sentence will become obvious once you'll see Ep 12 ending scenes.

I'll tell you that there is still plenty of material to adapt from the books.
Well you got the top five correct. Cant ask much more than that.

Yeah

Oofuri 4

For one episode on baseball it remained pretty good. Each of the scenes with Mihashi being impressed with Abe blushing hard was memorable, while the on going drama with Kanou really made me interested in trying to figure out what went on in the past and why he wants to win so much. Tajima is underrated and needs to score, if the rest of the team can pick up the pace.

jbug617

Banned
Date A Live 12

Sort of wished that
Kotori would of reverted back to the little sister that began the show
. I guess we are getting OVA's or a new season.

cajunator

Banned
Hunter x hunter delivery is different from other animes/manga..

let me tell you that this catgirl isn't like your typical catgirl found in other animes.

The sentence will become obvious once you'll see Ep 12 ending scenes.

I'll tell you that there is still plenty of material to adapt from the books.

Yeah

Is she like the one in CHrono Crusade?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Date a Live 12

And I did appreciate
Kurumi's
cameo appearance.

Final Girl Ranking

Good ranking. Exactly what I would put except I'd put Kotori > Tohka. Origami is pure shit. Shiiiiiiiiiiiitttt

Jubern

I got around watching Aura Battler Dunbine recently, and finished my run yesterday night.

I was honestly pretty disappointed with it after all the good things I heard. The initial pitch is very interesting, but it quickly starts to drag pretty badly. It's still okay-ish during the first half, and the mid-series when Show gets the Billbine, shit goes down and they all
get sent to Upper Earth
is pretty good. But then it gets absolutely terrible. It feels like nothing significant happens during the second half, it's just an endless repeat of good guys trying to mess with the baddies but failing, or the reverse, and it bored me to death. There were a few good episodes in there (notably the one with
the nuclear warhead in Poland)
but overall it felt like NOTHING was being achieved at all by either side, the story was completely stalling. Some nonsensical, terrible and most of all NEVERENDING side-plots made me furious, most notably
Bern going all HURR I'M A BLACK KNIGHT and Rimle trying to escape and failing during the ENTIRE run of the series.

Then the last two episode suddenly went turbo and Tomino as fuck. It was a pretty good conclusion to the mess these series was, actually. I like to think that
they were all, or at least most of them, sent back to Byston Well to live a new life.

5/10

To be quite honest, I think I liked Wings of Rean better.
/famous last words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom