• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

I'd want a Monster Girl Quest H-OVA or two first.
This seriously needs to happen.

So many tails.
The more tails the more powerful the kitsune is.

So fuwafuwa~
iFs8CkWuZBMne.png

[Stainless Night] 1

We have

Pseudo sci-fi complete with amnesia set in THE FUTURE (that was three years ago)

Onee-samas

Attempted rape (and also implied)

NTR (of sorts)

Slice of Life

And Automaton/Human Lesbian Sex complete with
artificial penises for the pleasure of the girls

Sakuga :sdburton. If only 7th were here...
Really, given what you are watching and what was asked, sakuga :SDBurton should be your expectation! That being said I'd agree Pop Chaser was a lot more charming and perhaps more solid overall.

This is making me want to watch hentai.
because reasons.
and yuri.
Please do and don't forget the impression posts!

The only way to enjoy Bible Black since the character designs are horrendous.
Amen to that. I really never got into partly for that.

Just got verified myself, anyways i'm watchin' Star Driver now and this show has some nicely animated mech battles. It's also fabulous beyond compare, Kiraboshi!
Link : Image
Welcome, from the single episode of Star Driver I have seen myself BONES did an pretty decent job at animating it at least!

Metrotab

Banned
Majestic Prince - 7

I hate it when this show thinks it has a great plot with interesting villains. It doesn't, so I don't need all that boring exposition, just give me more comedic interactions between the main cast.

Jex

But there are shows featuring sexy guys aimed at fujoshi all the time. The only difference here is that this one is by KyoAni, who continue to have a remarkable talent for making people lose their minds when discussing it.

I think that's more a reflection of KyoAni's place within the culture of anime. They're either the harbingers of the moe apocalypse or a studio that makes the shows with the really cute girls in it or they're the studio that creates some of the best directed, best animated and most well produced titles in any given year. Either way any discussion of KyoAni is going to allow for these varying groups to get up in arms about one thing or another.

cajunator

Banned
At this point I'd be content if KyoAni at least moved away from a high school setting for a change. And no, Tamako doesn't count.

KyoAni did move away.
it takes place in a swimming pool!

For what reason?

I'm currently at epsiode 6 of Hyouka and...well... is something big gonna happen? Something besides school riddles? The Animation may be pretty but that isn't enough for me to sit through all 24 episodes...

Not really.
the show is about themes.
however the festival arc is widely loved by fans.

I feel like I'm essentially watching one giant metaphor. And quite the bizarre one at that.

Its a bit odd, the self serious tone the show is attempting to convey clashes with almost everything else in the show.

I was going to say the music was redeemable, but then that got pretty odd near the end of the episode also.

Thy symbolism is ham fisted. Really Arjuna?
Springing forth from a fetus shaped talisman into a vaguely butterfly like creature?
What is up with the design for her earth maiden form?

The visuals are nice, but the plot seems at odds with itself. Is it the arrogant energy craving humans leading to the death of the earth, or the raaja? Or are
we the demons? :O
I fully expect that last one to be the case.

Oh well, its enjoyable so far, so I'll keep going.

Any other anime on "the list," cajunator? I want to get them all out of the way now. Maybe watch them all concurrently. Because Fuck moderation.

You are pretty rad.
arjuna pretty much is one big nature loving metaphor.
however I think you will really appreciate some of kanno's musical work.. in particular a GORGEOUS orchestrated rendition of Mameshiba (the opening theme).
its really quite stirring sometimes.
the show is often ham fisted and downright bizarre with its message but you wont soon forget it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yuyushiki 8

Not as good as the past couple of weeks, but not bad either. Looks like Aikawa and her friends are going to be showing up a bit more often. Which is fine with me as long as it leads to more hilarious yuri shenanigans.

Jex

Gargantia #2

That was really good! I didn't think much of the first episode (for obvious reasons most notably the exposition in the first half). But everything about this worked for me. It captured that feeling of being trapped in a alien world with the whole language barrier and all, yet the ironic part is the world isn't actually so "alien" in theory, which is a element of the series I'm looking forward to seeing explored in further detail as the show progresses.

What took you so long?

Jex

The disgrace that was taken prisoner, is the counter attack of beginnings
You're a hunter, who slaughters his prey in the castle wars
As the impulses that gush out fire up your body
Your crimson arrow that slings from your bow drills a blood red scarlet hole into the twilight.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
But there are shows featuring sexy guys aimed at fujoshi all the time. The only difference here is that this one is by KyoAni, who continue to have a remarkable talent for making people lose their minds when discussing it.

I don't disagree with any of this, but neither do I think that it's incompatible with my statement. There's no outrage over the existence of other fujoshi shows because they're immediately dismissed out of hand, but I also don't think that the HOW DURR YOU MAKE SOMETHING NOT TARGETED AT ME KYOANUS attitude that so many take toward Free! would be quite as full of white-hot fury if it weren't a genre so reviled by those self-identified KyoAni fans who almost exclusively consume anime that prominently feature cute girls.

Midonin

Based on today's Yuyushiki, I now feel compelled to name a character Nakedboobs/なまおっぱい in at least one game in the future. Yuzu has the strangest ideas, but that's why I love her. (Though Yukari's my favorite. And her mother's a drinker. Didn't see that one coming.)

Heartcatch Precure - 4

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Luke Fon Fabre, you do not leave evidence at the scene of a crime.

My goodness I've really stepped down from the mature anime level haven't I? After watching Code Geass and Madoka, it feels weird watching something directed purely at children.

These villains aren't even trying to be subtle. They want to conquer the world, that's it.

BUT, that could be what they want me to think when in actuality these people are collecting Heart Flowers for their abusive mother! Or maybe this is all one big time-travel loop that one character is trying to prevent from ending in disaster. Or maybe there's an evil discriminating nation out there that these people are trying to destroy!

Or maybe SOMETHING! I don't know. Just please show a little more subtlety anime, please? Nanoha can do it, and so can you! I hope.

Am I the only one that finds that big green fairy....thing creepy? I mean, it never says a word and always has that derp look on it's face. It reminds me of that brain-damaged horse from Family Guy.

Now evildoer! Witness the power of our ANIMATION BUDGET! (Seriously that was a gorgeously animated sequence)

Okay Luke, for your sake you better be a monster if you're making half-assed decisions like that. "I'll fight you when you get stronger."

Oh boy. I give this show about 5 more episodes to show at least SOME form of subtlety. If not, I'll lose all hope and continue watching just to see Luke Fon Fabre's antics and for Yasuharu's soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom