• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when, about a month ago, the KyoAni boy's swim club anime was confirmed to be a thing. MAL went rage ballistic within a few pages of the news thread, while you guys remained pretty chill and appreciative of KyoAni trolling all of us. Thus, this community: confirmed to be bros.

KyoAni wasn't trolling anyone; some people just aren't thinking clearly.

Mr.Jeff

The trouble with Garden of Words is I somehow think it's a joke name for Kara no Kyoukai and it takes me a minute to work out what the hell people are talking about.

Mature

The trouble with Garden of Words is I somehow think it's a joke name for Kara no Kyoukai and it takes me a minute to work out what the hell people are talking about.
I've thought that so many times and I've never even seen Garden of Sinners.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aiura 8

DlxVg1u.png

Let the crossover fanart begin!

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid.

I remember this anime. Was alright, animation was really good. They should do diversify imo. It just seems they have been doing slice of life, romcom for too long. I say that but my favourite KyoAni show is Clannad. Just remembering it makes me ;_____; and I didn't even like the MC that much.

trejo

At this point I'd be content if KyoAni at least moved away from a high school setting for a change. And no, Tamako doesn't count.

Replace "thinking clearly" with "comfortable in their sexuality" and that's my take on the situation.

But there are shows featuring sexy guys aimed at fujoshi all the time. The only difference here is that this one is by KyoAni, who continue to have a remarkable talent for making people lose their minds when discussing it.

Suisei no Gargantia 1-8

Finally got around to watching this, wow its such a colorful show, finally understand the whole pirate rage thing that happened a few weeks back, don't think what Ledo did was wrong but I understand why they were upset. Sad to see him leaving the fleet but I think we'll see
the returns of the pirates soon and Ledo will be forced to go back and save Amy

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Gargantia #2

That was really good! I didn't think much of the first episode (for obvious reasons most notably the exposition in the first half). But everything about this worked for me. It captured that feeling of being trapped in a alien world with the whole language barrier and all, yet the ironic part is the world isn't actually so "alien" in theory, which is a element of the series I'm looking forward to seeing explored in further detail as the show progresses.

Yuyushiki 8

ihSLaQt3u23DP.jpg

No promises.

Certainly not as lewd as last episode, in the best way possible by giving Aikawa and her galpals some very entertaining screen time. Really hope they'll be more prevalent with what's left of the show.

Schuhu

Neo Member
I'm currently at epsiode 6 of Hyouka and...well... is something big gonna happen? Something besides school riddles? The Animation may be pretty but that isn't enough for me to sit through all 24 episodes...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm currently at epsiode 6 of Hyouka and...well... is something big gonna happen? Something besides school riddles? The Animation may be pretty but that isn't enough for me to sit through all 24 episodes...

No, nothing ever "happens".

But it's worth it anyway.

I feel like I'm essentially watching one giant metaphor. And quite the bizarre one at that.

Its a bit odd, the self serious tone the show is attempting to convey clashes with almost everything else in the show.

I was going to say the music was redeemable, but then that got pretty odd near the end of the episode also.

Thy symbolism is ham fisted. Really Arjuna?
Springing forth from a fetus shaped talisman into a vaguely butterfly like creature?
What is up with the design for her earth maiden form?

The visuals are nice, but the plot seems at odds with itself. Is it the arrogant energy craving humans leading to the death of the earth, or the raaja? Or are
we the demons? :O
I fully expect that last one to be the case.

Oh well, its enjoyable so far, so I'll keep going.

Any other anime on "the list," cajunator? I want to get them all out of the way now. Maybe watch them all concurrently. Because Fuck moderation.

Hattori

Banned

I'm the complete opposite, I started watching last night and I'm instantly hooked, but then again I'm a Conan/Mystery fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom