• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crime Edge 12

Holy shit, that was awesome!

Bg1rkjN.jpg

I love how the final boss is a little assassin girl. Best part is they aren't pulling any punches against her. It's deliciously brutal.

nahZmd8.jpg

Who do you think you are, Zoro?

Channeling the powers of a psychopath serial killer is always fun, which is made all the better when the guy has the power to
enhance the pain of each cut exponentially.

This show still has better animation than it has any right to have.

OceanBlue

Because it's in your browser cache now. Pixiv's server requires a pixiv.net referrer for image file requests.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation. I was really confused on what was going on, lol.

I'm starting to feel like a pretty bad CS student though. :<

I do too, but those coffers have got to be running low by now with both Hyouka and Tamako not meeting financial expectations. Wiki is saying they're doing an adaptation of a random light novel soon, so hopefully they put a good director like Takemoto behind it, but I'd anticipate some degree of otakuchum for the foreseeable future.

If I remember correctly, all they have announced is KyoAni shop stuff (Free, Kyoukai no Kanata, Chuunibyou).

hummingbird.me just got a pretty nifty front page redesign! There's finally a feed for friends' activity and a panel where you can update your recent series without having to visit your watchlist page. It's not as pretty as I'd like yet, but it's functional and it's a huge step toward it being a definitive MAL-killer.

Nice, but I'm still going to end up updating my watchlist on both sites at this point.

Well to be honest when you think about it there are only maybe 8 episodes worth of good content in SAO anyway. If this second half continues the way its been, whoooooo boy I dunno.

ALSO, regarding SAO, what episode triggered firehawk's comments? So I can know when it is okay to read them?

I think it was the second to last episode.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I noticed that a little while ago too. I like it; I really like that update panel. Still want more rating increments though.

While this is an improvement, there are still a lot of little things I'd like to see. I actually went wild and posted a wishlist a while back (scroll down the page to see)

I do too, mostly for the malgraph stuff

The only reason I still update my MAL. Also, I guess, the lingering fear that Hummingbird will eventually go under.

Jubern

Well to be honest when you think about it there are only maybe 8 episodes worth of good content in SAO anyway. If this second half continues the way its been, whoooooo boy I dunno.

Yeah, well, let's just say there's a reason almost everybody here finds this show terrible and you're right in the middle of it.

hummingbird.me just got a pretty nifty front page redesign! There's finally a feed for friends' activity and a panel where you can update your recent series without having to visit your watchlist page. It's not as pretty as I'd like yet, but it's functional and it's a huge step toward it being a definitive MAL-killer.

I never used MAL and I didn't knew about hummingbird... This looks nice! Unfortunately it looks like there are already over 8000 people waiting for an invite, I won't get one for a while >_>

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There's a code to skip the line.

ANICHARTNET

Go ahead and register even though the registration makes it sound like you'll have to wait in line. You click an activation link in a confirmation email and it gives you the opportunity to enter the code there.

OceanBlue

I was thinking of Kyoukai. What is "shop stuff"? Does it mean it'll probably be bad?

Lol, I can't say whether they'll be bad or not, but I'm pretty sure all of them are adaptations of light novels that KyoAni is publishing. I don't think Free is a direct adaptation and Chuunibyou was apparently a very loose adaptation as well, but they still serve to promote KyoAni's new publishing effort IMO.

cajunator

Banned

Yeah I saw you comment about it. Gonna check the updates in the morning.

CorvoSol

Revolutionary Girl Utena 8

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Cuuuuuurry. Took 'em no time to get to the eggs, though. There's quite a bit of recycled animation so far. Not that I'm really complaining, I mean, I'm only 8 episodes in, here. What's the deal with Miki's watch? I know its symbolic but like I don't even get why he's doing it on a surface level. Is he taking student council meeting minutes?

Uh, did Papillon and Lightning really swap bodies? Because of spicy curry? This show, man. It's too early in its run to have such a careless disregard for the laws of causality! "Even my own mother has never slapped me!" Well, see here, Amuro, maybe if you'd stop giving Captain Bright so much lip-- Oh, er, uh, nevermind. Wrong show.

Well I'm glad Nanami at least acknowledges that it shouldn't be possible for curry to do this. Is everyone in this show a ninja? Or can they all just apparate into a scene at will like a buncha goddamn Harry 'n Potter wizzurds? Actually, this school being Hogwarts would explain a lot about the plot. Harry 'n Potter and the Rose Bride.

THE EFF? Guy's just like "You cannot return home until you get this spice." Better hope they sell that shizz in Hogsmede, Nanami. This show is so surreal I can't get my head around it. Did they just board a plane to India? Is that the airplane into the sunset.jpg from GAF? What is this show about again?

Elephants. Falling down cliffs. At some point, I begin to understand that I can't decide if I find Anthy's perspective disconcerting or simply grating as fuck. She is that person you ask what kind of pizza they want and waste another fucking forty minutes of your life drawing the word pepperonis from their lips.

Fucking surfing pikachus I don't even know anymore. At this point, Nanami, you need to seriously consider that God just hates you and will send doomephants after you forever. Because if these things will jump down cliffs and learn to surf to get you, you are never, ever going to be free. CHU CHU IS THE DEVIL.

I have literally no explanation for what happened in this episode. Surreal somehow fails to be a good enough description for the dadaist series of insanity that transpired.

wonzo

Banned
They also made it so you can increase the episode count on shows listed with an unknown total which was really starting to shit me. Good stuff.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Smile Precure 43

Show gets ambitious, then doesn't reach the bar it set for itself, even ignoring the cellphone problem.

Oh, and Reika isn't a robot. She's a pokemon. "Michi! Michi! Michi!" Kinda like Nao's "Chokkyuu Shoubu! Chokkyuu Shoubu!"

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 2

I feel like you're setting us up for something quite large if you're going to entitle an episode The Second Coming of Char. I have faith this show will follow through, though.

Thoraxes

Oh yeah Happy Birthday Thoraxes!
I got one "Happy Birthday" outside of Nafe. ONE!

Happy birthday, Thoraxes/R_thanatos.

Edit: make that two, cajun chimed in.

Edit2: and I guess cnet counts. Okay, I'm satisfied. /self-indulgence
I missed you cause I wasn't sure when yours was, but if i'm belated or not, Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Thoraxes!

Happy Birthday R_thanatos and Happy Belated Birthday Syrinx!*

*Sorry, I don't know enough about your respective tastes to post images.
THANKS!!! YOU PICKED THE BEST ONE
Oh yeah,
Happy Birthday Thoraxes
Thanks!
Happy birthday duder, you're the only one who shares my Kugiloli love (disregard this if that wasn't you).
Thanks! And yes, we are kugiloli bros for life!
Happy birthday Thoraxes! Happy birthday Syrinx! Happy birthday cajunator! Happy birthday pizzaroll! Happy birthday Chet! Happy birthday whoever I'm missing!
Thanks dude!
Hmm...

Happy birthday, Thoraxbro!
Thanks Ultimabro!

Happy birthday Thoraxes.

Ug5tHOm.jpg
Hahahaha thanks! That edit to that picture is incredible!
It seems I'm one of the last ones to mention it this time but Happy Birthday Thoraxes!
Hopefully you see this message.

Oh yeah I did! And thanks :D

Happy birthday, birthdayers.
Thanks!

Happy birthday bear.

Thanks!

Happy birthday to you guys celebrating today.
Thanks!

happy b(utt)days bear and ...uh... miku!
Buttdays are some of the best days!

Happy birthday the people with the birthdays. holdlimes.jpg

Thanks!
Happy birthday all those other people that have birthdays.
Thanks!
I can't tell which birthday wishes are real and which are jokes so happy birthday to anyone for whom the statement actually applies today.
Mine is totally legit lol, and thanks!

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 2 Part 1

Dang, the Nahel Argama is still in use? Thing's been around since ZZ Gundam! Also, is it just me, or is Riddhe's MS a blue Methuss? And I can't believe that I sort of understand the explanation for how "his thoughts control the Gundam". Like, they explained it, and I went "Oh that makes sense." then I was like "Wait, no it doesn't. Not to normal people who haven't sat through 150+ episodes of UC Gundam in the last 8 months."

Man, Audrey Brune is so obviously
Mineva Zabi
. Hahahaha, three times the speed in a red suit. Of course it's the Char clone. Ah, see, and now there's just more ambiguity cast atop the ending of CCA, with this guy saying
but Char went missing at the end of the 2nd Neo Zeon war!
And since he also
went missing at the end of the first one, it isn't unfair to suggest he didn't really die.

Ezalc

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 2

I feel like you're setting us up for something quite large if you're going to entitle an episode The Second Coming of Char. I have faith this show will follow through, though.

Too bad you'll only find out in at least one more year!

I warned you!

Also Happy Birthday Thoraxes.

Theonik

At least the second season plus the movie is done by AIC, though they use CG on the witches more often and it looks AWFUL.
That sounds unfortunate. I might yell at Gonzo quality, butt they know where the priorities lie. 3D butts could kill me.

AWESOME.

And I'm forever alone up here in Minnesota.
Hey at least you're not in Greece!

The Yuyu's seiyuus each took a shot at drawing their respective characters:
Why is it that all the Japanese people I see are at least decent artists?

cajunator

Banned
That sounds unfortunate. I might yell at Gonzo quality, butt they know where the priorities lie. 3D butts could kill me.

AWESOME.

Hey at least you're not in Greece!

Why is it that all the Japanese people I see are at least decent artists?

Whats it like living in Greece? What city?

Thoraxes

I saw Lisbeth returns towards the end. Watching any further than 15 just makes me hate anime so ill take your word for it.

It's okay, I only made it to 16 before I dropped it. I knew she was better from there on out.

But i've always been attracted to the Kanna-archetype. It's my favorite type of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom