• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi # 1

DViBRv7.jpg

(Satou face)

Ok, due to certain plot reasons after spoiling myself some, it's taken me a long time to be willing to start this continuation, basically over a whole year. It starts with what might be considered a shark jump, some downgrades to plastic shit, and some other style changes I'm not entirely fond of, but in the end the Doremi cast is still around so it deserves a fair shot. After my sojourn in Precure-land I'm especially in the mood now to forgive this show for any shortcomings as long as it can deliver good episodes like it did in the excellent first series. So far so good.

For reference, my impressions of the original:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37361115&postcount=5123

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yuyushiki 02

RELAXING COMEDY STOP JINTOR APPROVES STOP ODDLY HYPNOTIC VIEWING STOP

Aiura 01

SAME THING STOP GREAT BACKGROUNDS STOP WAS THAT STEVE JOBS IN THE OP QUESTION MARK PITY ABOUT THE CG BUS STOP

Hi Jintor! Haven't seen you in a while. :3

Jintor

WAS BUSY WITH EXAMS STOP NOW TRAPPED IN TELEGRAM POST STOP

For serious though I'm trying to Swype on this nexus and it's a huge pain. Functional, but a mess

7Th

Naisho is the peak of Doremi; it's basically everything good about the series condensed in a 13 episode OVA that enhances character depth and is filled with consistently stylish Umakoshi animation.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi # 2

dXvSlj8.jpg

Man, there is some hardcore handwaving in this episode.

Also, NEW SHIT TO SELL.

Also, wow. They went there. FOR KIDS.

Naisho is the peak of Doremi; it's basically everything good about the series condensed in a 13 episode OVA that enhances character depth and is filled with consistently stylish Umakoshi animation.
Says the man who can never understand my pain.

Theonik

Joe Molotov

Hataraku Maou-sama! 09 - 11

Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that
they're going to reveal that Maou was never actually evil. It's always a little awkward when they bring up the fact that he killed thousands of people and such; it's like if Hitler moved in next door and then he turned out to be a nice guy. It might hard to just let that slide. Early in the show Chi asks when why he did all those things and he says something like "I just never really thought about it" and in the most recent episode Chi asks Emi and Suzuno if they knew him before he became King Satan, and they get kinda confused and say that they didn't.

Based on everything that's happen, and the fact that Church is all super-shady and killing people, I'm getting the impression that maybe the Church brain-washed or mind controlled Maou into becoming King Satan; that he was basically a pawn that they recruited just like Emi. They could use him to start a war and then use that as an excuse to essentially take over everything. And then once the war was over, they'd take credit for saving everyone.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Been absent for the last few days as I was doing a Game of Thrones marathon (currently on ep 2 of season 3), so happy birthday to those who recently had theirs. Sorry I'm so late on that. ;_;

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Finished Sakura hall.

I wish I could watch a show over again soon after finishing it. Knowing what is going to happen definitely takes the fun out of it.

Hey, I know you're trying to be helpful by providing information from later in the LNs, but it's more fun watching Corvo's reactions if he doesn't know what's going on. So, stop helping!

No.

Besides those little trivia won't change his impressions one bit .i'm just giving him context.
( that he is free to read or to ignore )
--------------
Arata Kangatari - 10

Superb episode , predictable , except the end.

This moment is golden however:

I can't help but enjoy seeing idiot of the year getting hurt.. even if the maid he has will probably help him in some way to get back to normal. What a giant display of jealousy !
But he doesn't even deserve that...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Majestic Prince 12
0JzK7YNl.jpg

This is almost as random as the school graduation episode... and maybe if the show had any sort of consistent tone, it might have actually worked to have yet another "day off" episode where the two girls become Idols for a day and you have an excuse to produce fanservice. But man, it felt like a poor imitation of something that would happen in VVV more than anything else unfortunately.

yVaHykHl.jpg

Also, apropos of nothing, rich people hiring butlers to throw sakura blossoms around. This is the future!

Jex

Ojamajo Doremi # 2

dXvSlj8.jpg

Man, there is some hardcore handwaving in this episode.

Also, NEW SHIT TO SELL.

Also, wow. They went there. FOR KIDS.

Did anyone at Toei ever read the Doremi scripts? You've got divorce, spousal abuse, alcoholism, abandonment issues, manipulative parents, IDOL CULTURE, death, illness and suicide.

Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% (utapri) Episode 12
tumblr_monzp9E4GK1qkfrufo1_500.gif
tumblr_monzp9E4GK1qkfrufo2_r2_500.gif

Yes call Heavens, Yes call Heavens. That had to be the most visually appealing song in the anime thus far. Everything about it just left me stunned
When they summon the Red Eyes Black Dragon even and it just fires on everyone
The song is also quite catchy, Yes call Heavens, Yes call Heavens. STARISH and even Quartet Night have some serious competition for this award.

Nagi is my favorite member of HEAVENS.

DiGiKerot

So....how good is it?

I might have played through the campaign twice already (and I've just picked the Vita up to start a third game), though didn't seem to get a particularly good ended either time. The main play cycle is only around 2.5 - 3 hours long, but pretty much everything stat-wise carries over if you load your clear data, so I'm assuming they're expecting you to iterate on your saves a lot in order to get an actual decent ending.

I don't know, though - it's fun, but I think it's mostly just scratching an iM@S itch that has been suffering from a lack of proper new iM@S games. It's a very similar gameplay loop, but whilst there seems to be more to it in some ways, it lacks the polish of iM@S, and, while it might just be me being linguistically dense, the purpose of a lot of the numbers you are making bigger is about as clear as mud.

Only five songs as well, which is kind of disappointing.

The end-credits are pretty amazing, though. Tons of references to various music-related games, including stuff like
Genesis/Master System Moonwalker, Takeshi no Chosenjo, Rez, and Parappa the Rapper

I might have played through the campaign twice already (and I've just picked the Vita up to start a third game), though didn't seem to get a particularly good ended either time. The main play cycle is only around 2.5 - 3 hours long, but pretty much everything stat-wise carries over if you load your clear data, so I'm assuming they're expecting you to iterate on your saves a lot in order to get an actual decent ending.

I don't know, though - it's fun, but I think it's mostly just scratching an iM@S itch that has been suffering from a lack of proper new iM@S games. It's a very similar gameplay loop, but whilst there seems to be more to it in some ways, it lacks the polish of iM@S, and, while it might just be me being linguistically dense, the purpose of a lot of the numbers you are making bigger is about as clear as mud.

Only five songs as well, which is kind of disappointing.

The end-credits are pretty amazing, though. Tons of references to various music-related games, including stuff like
Genesis/Master System Moonwalker, Takeshi no Chosenjo, Rez, and Parappa the Rapper

Sounds decent enough that I hope NISA will bring it over.

CorvoSol

If you're interested in a show that is broadly similar in certain respects (fanservice-heavy, robot combat as a metaphor for sex and relationships), check out Vandread. Be warned, though, it definitely falls way over on the Real Robot side of the spectrum, and it has pretensions to being a serious science-fiction story that Godannar thankfully lacked.

Sometimes I tend to think that I like Real Robot stories more, but I'm also infinitely harder on them, whereas Super Robot stories I'm just like "Hey if you blow enough cool stuff up this episode, I'm fine."

So I watched Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster episode 11 the other day. Yes I know. I'm still doing this.

Why am I doing that to myself, I'm not sure. Because it's still entertaining, I guess.

SEED Destiny isn't ranked as my worst Gundam show, but man do you nail on the head all the things I do not like about that show. I still maintain there's a grand total of like, 4 salvageable episodes in the 50 episode run.

Any good Mech anime this seasons?

Valvrave the Liberator is a must for anyone whose seen Geass, and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet is some decent speculative fiction for a mecha anime. Avoid Majestic Prince, as its yet to do anything meriting its existence. Show is bad.

Haha, Corvo has fans among the thread lurkers.

It's nice to know it wasn't all for nothing.

Hey, I know you're trying to be helpful by providing information from later in the LNs, but it's more fun watching Corvo's reactions if he doesn't know what's going on. So, stop helping!

Either way I really still don't know what's going on, because knowing that a school was opened for the survivors is just a huge bottle of questions: how could the already bankrupt Argus finance that? If not them, who? Where is this school and approximately how many of the 6k survivors are of the appropriate age to attend and within the correct distance to travel there? How was this school built and staffed within the period of two months between the end of SAO and the present day? Where do you find teachers who are equipped to handle children 2 years behind the curve who also have undergone a trauma that they are legally bound from discussing with the public but which should also have serious effects on them mentally and emotionally?

I know the author was 18 at the time, but I feel like he didn't pause to consider the full scope of this situation. Considering how easily Kirito just picks up a sword and kills people, I'm feeling decently assured of this assumptions veracity.

jbug617

Banned
Really I didnt like much from either console yet.
No BGE2, no Last guardian, no Klonoa, no LBP3. Im just not sold yet.

TLG has to show up at TGS. LBP3 is more of a Gamescom announcement and the rumor is that's a PS3 game.

PS4 for me. Xbox One still has a bit of griping issues for me, so I'll stick with Sony for PS+.

Also PS4 is getting Knack, which looks cool.

I think what sold me on the Xbox One games was Swery's new game being exclusive and I like the look of Insomniac's new game.

Aniplex USA got Silver Spoon.

The most anticipated anime series of this season Silver Spoon is Streaming Soon! From Fullmetal Alchemist Author Hiromu Arakawa and Sword Art Online Director Tomohiko Ito. The Silver Spoon manga has been awarded both the 5th Manga Taisho Award and the 58th Shogakukan Manga Award and has already sold over 7.5 million copies. In addition to their streaming plans, Aniplex of America is also planning on a home release version of Silver Spoon on disc. Details about its physical release will be announced at a later date.

Get the latest info at: www.AniplexUSA.com/silverspoon

Necrovex

TLG has to show up at TGS. LBP3 is more of a Gamescom announcement and the rumor is that's a PS3 game.

I think what sold me on the Xbox One games was Swery's new game being exclusive and I like the look of Insomniac's new game.

We might see TLG at TGS, but I have become so pessimistic for that title that I wouldn't be surprise if we didn't see anything until next year. Is LBP super big in Europe?

Swery's new game is the only thing that is super appealing about the 180. I'm going to pick up the new Xbox, but at a far later date when many exclusives exist for the system (and after a couple of price drops).

jbug617

Banned
We might see TLG at TGS, but I have become so pessimistic for that title that I wouldn't be surprise if we didn't see anything until next year. Is LBP super big in Europe?

Swery's new game is the only thing that is super appealing about the 180. I'm going to pick up the new Xbox, but at a far later date when many exclusives exist for the system (and after a couple of price drops).

At Gamescom, Sony is going to play up their European developers. The rumor is Sumo Digital is doing the next LBP game.

Aniplex USA got Silver Spoon.

Sucks. Here comes the $90 per set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom