• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Turning Girls 01
Holy crap that was unexpectedly funny. Kaerun's hilarious.

I also love the bad engrish ED.
"I, I, I need a lovurr"

The power of freckles.
its my weakness.
well its one of them.

Lisbeth really had the best actual romance going on out of all of Kirito's harem.

It's too bad she never had a chance against the plot

Articalys

Haganai LN vol.9 finally resolicited for late August with new Buriki cover art sample

Our long national nightmare is finally over

BTW the rest of the second season BDs were repeatedly delayed and vol.2 is now scheduled for August as well. For the record that's when BD vol.6 was originally supposed to be released

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Smile Precure 47

Why use a plot once when you can use it, not twice, not thrice, but FOUR TIMES?

Smile Precure 48 (start)

SURE! WHY NOT FIVE?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Smile Precure END

You know, this series didn't dip as low as the other Precure shows I've seen, but it never reached the same highs either. I almost want to place Futari wa over this, despite EVERYTHING Futari wa did to piss me off, simply because the Nagisa/Honoka lead pair was so much stronger than any of the characters here. Nao and Reika? Pokemons, with one a suspect robot. Yayoi? Only there to look cute. Miyuki? Not bad, but not that involved either. Akane? Great but poorly used. The villains were also a waste. Wolfrun tried occasionally while the other two were too busy with their verbal "oni/DAWASA" ticks. Joker was fun but lazy as hell.

Also, they didn't even try with that ending, despite actually coming up with a decent monster to put onscreen for once.

Articalys

The official Monogatari 2nd Season site now romanizes Hitagi's family name as "Senjougahara" instead of "Senjyogahara", but for some reason they're now using "Hatikuji" instead of "Hachikuji" for Mayoi.

Also there's a hilarious typo of "Karenn Araragi" though that's probably an honest mistake and will hopefully get fixed.

I got to ease off buying so much anime for the rest of the year. I just cancelled Medaka Box and Another bluray. I keep forgetting that Right Stuf usually have a killer sale in December so some of this stuff might end up on sale.

Since sentai doesn't have ep0, I cancelled the Another preorder.

Can't wait for the sale, so much I want to get since I put off some stuff, in order to be able to get SAO bd, BLue Exorcist bd, and ps4+nfs rivals.

Smile Precure END

You know, this series didn't dip as low as the other Precure shows I've seen, but it never reached the same highs either. I almost want to place Futari wa over this, despite EVERYTHING Futari wa did to piss me off, simply because the Nagisa/Honoka lead pair was so much stronger than any of the characters here. Nao and Reika? Pokemons, with one a suspect robot. Yayoi? Only there to look cute. Miyuki? Not bad, but not that involved either. Akane? Great but poorly used. The villains were also a waste. Wolfrun tried occasionally while the other two were too busy with their verbal "oni/DAWASA" ticks. Joker was fun but lazy as hell.

Also, they didn't even try with that ending, despite actually coming up with a decent monster to put onscreen for once.

So what's next? All this did was justify NaoxReika even more.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The official Monogatari 2nd Season site now romanizes Hitagi's family name as "Senjougahara" instead of "Senjyogahara", but for some reason they're now using "Hatikuji" instead of "Hachikuji" for Mayoi.
"ti" makes sense to the Japanese because it's a drop-in kana replacement, but for us "chi" is better.

Also there's a hilarious typo of "Karenn Araragi" though that's probably an honest mistake and will hopefully get fixed.

(not sure if already posted, I will not read the Smile Precure nonsense)

1st short PV
http://youtu.be/giiF11wydRs

Looks like Monogatari, can't wait to see the Tsubasa Tiger arc.

Theonik

Yuyushiki 11
icX38af5zmw2i.png

Ara ara
This show still manages to be really engaging after all this time. Them puns too.

Andrew J.

Godannar Final

All in all, not a bad show. Hilariously over the top fanservice to go with the over the top battles, fairly light hearted, but a decent and unique spin on the relationship aspect of the main pilots. I wasn't wild about the supporting cast, either, but they'll do. Also, the Godannar has flame hair which is as cool as it gets for mecha.

If you're interested in a show that is broadly similar in certain respects (fanservice-heavy, robot combat as a metaphor for sex and relationships), check out Vandread. Be warned, though, it definitely falls way over on the Real Robot side of the spectrum, and it has pretensions to being a serious science-fiction story that Godannar thankfully lacked.

Ah, I didn't realize it was your birthday as well! Happy Birthday R_thanatos, I hope you had a good one too.
Thanks.
For the record there was NO BEAR near my birthday cake.

I was busy however with life and hometown.
Godannar Final

All in all, not a bad show. Hilariously over the top fanservice to go with the over the top battles, fairly light hearted, but a decent and unique spin on the relationship aspect of the main pilots. I wasn't wild about the supporting cast, either, but they'll do. Also, the Godannar has flame hair which is as cool as it gets for mecha.
That's why we told you to watch it. It's a unique spin on a genre and it's well done.

GO Go Goodannnnnnaaaaarrrr !!!

NOT SWORD ART ONLINE ANYMORE 17

Doesn't Kirito have to go to school now? And can his mom even afford the internet bill at this point?

Can't wait to not learn what the villain's plan is again.

Only a few weeks have passed since they woke up they will start going at school at some point ( a special school was rehabilited for the players that were stuck in SAO ). At this point in time school hasn't started yet.

Crime Edge 12

Holy shit, that was awesome!

I love how the final boss is a little assassin girl. Best part is they aren't pulling any punches against her. It's deliciously brutal.

Channeling the powers of a psychopath serial killer is always fun, which is made all the better when the guy has the power to
enhance the pain of each cut exponentially.

This show still has better animation than it has any right to have.

This episode was freaking awesome.

Loved the effects on screen and seeing that confident little girl crying in pain was a pleasure given howshe was before. A superb contrast of attitude.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I missed you cause I wasn't sure when yours was, but if i'm belated or not, Happy Birthday!

THANKS!!! YOU PICKED THE BEST ONE

Thanks!

Thanks! And yes, we are kugiloli bros for life!

Thanks dude!

Thanks Ultimabro!

Hahahaha thanks! That edit to that picture is incredible!

Oh yeah I did! And thanks :D

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Buttdays are some of the best days!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Mine is totally legit lol, and thanks!

Aww.... my post isn't in here... T_T

Smile Precure END

Smile bored me at the start but got better afterwards. It did had some incredible episode .( mostly joker based ) with the fairy , child and robo episode being the highlight and a decent end.

It would have been and awesome retelling of Yes precure if Cure beauty was actually intresting.

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 13

It took the last two minutes for any plot relevance to happen before the ending credits rolled ಠ_ಠ

If I had been watching this show when it aired, I would have honestly been way to angry to care about the second season. Thankfully, I'm not and I'm glad I don't have to wait that much longer.

As a whole, this show was a hit and miss for me. Plot was pretty much a non factor throughtout the entire season and I'm really hoping they improve on this next time in Season 2.

Character-wise, I simply detest Shino. I've never been a fan of characters with a bratty/loud mouthed attitude and Shino exhibits these traits plain as day. That said, I simply enjoyed all the other major and side characters introduced. Sosuke and Satomi were the calm, cool, and collected straight men that had pretty cool abilities related to dogs. If the story had focused on Sosuke as the lead and gotten rid of Shino, the show would have been better. Gen and Ko provided entertainment the series sorely needed and because of that, were easily my favorites of the entire cast, who I was glad to see appear more after their introduction.

Also, the music is really good. I'm always happy to watch a show that has good music apart from the Op/Ending, and this show provided exactly that.

6/10 Decent. I'll be there for Season 2.

Hating my favorite character there, but I do agree about Gen and Ko.

OP was amazing, Faylan returning to do the OP for Hakkenden will make it worthwhile. I dont think Faylan has ever done a bad song.
String of Pain has a good singer.

Jubern

So I watched Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster episode 11 the other day. Yes I know. I'm still doing this.

It's starting to get in "huuuuuuh" territory, but right now the biggest problems are "only" Shinn being the biggest asshole ever (something that unfortunately never ever changes in the original story :/) and Cagalli being completely irrelevant as the head of her government. The whole idea of putting her up there was of course a bad idea, but hey, it's an anime so whatever right? Except that as you all know, this completely destroyed her character.

And some scenes are purely stupidly awkward. In this episode, the other ORB councilmen are pressuring her to sign this treaty with the OMNI (a terrible idea, and considering they're not far from Australia and assured to get protection from ZAFT should it come to that, why the hell would they do that?) and she can't think about anything. At some point, Unato tells her they need to protect the country and yadda yadda, and she retorts with a "But...!" Cue awkard 3 seconds pause in the dialog.

On the other hand, Athrun's visit to PLANT is really nice (for now, yes I know how it goes down after). I always liked the scenery and overall feel of PLANTs, a shame we barely see any of it. And like with SEED, there are some breathtaking tracks on the OST (in this episode Shinrareba Koso, used when the trio goes to the graveyard).
The fact that there's absolutely no purpose to this trip except for "powerless Cagalli's bodyguard is going there to have a secret chat with the fucking chairman of PLANT" takes a lot out of it unfortunately. And the whole thing about Athrun not being in contact with Orb and not knowing about their alliance with OMNI or Cagalli's marriage until much later is pretty incredibly stupid. But hey, even the radio in their Mobile Suits don't function correctly in this series, so what am I hoping for exactly?

Next episode is Shinn against OMNI fleet battle, I'm looking forward to it! The one after that, however, is fucking Jesus Yamato return to the battlefield and I'm already having chills just thinking about it. Not the right kind of chills.

Why am I doing that to myself, I'm not sure. Because it's still entertaining, I guess.

jbug617

Banned
Since sentai doesn't have ep0, I cancelled the Another preorder.

Can't wait for the sale, so much I want to get since I put off some stuff, in order to be able to get SAO bd, BLue Exorcist bd, and ps4+nfs rivals.

My reason for cutting back is due to the new consoles. I have both preordered. I'm not sure if I'm going to order both in the end but I am leaning toward keeping both.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So I watched Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster episode 11 the other day. Yes I know. I'm still doing this.

It's starting to get in "huuuuuuh" territory, but right now the biggest problems are "only" Shinn being the biggest asshole ever (something that unfortunately never ever changes in the original story :/) and Cagalli being completely irrelevant as the head of her government. The whole idea of putting her up there was of course a bad idea, but hey, it's an anime so whatever right? Except that as you all know, this completely destroyed her character.

And some scenes are purely stupidly awkward. In this episode, the other ORB councilmen are pressuring her to sign this treaty with the OMNI (a terrible idea, and considering they're not far from Australia and assured to get protection from ZAFT should it come to that, why the hell would they do that?) and she can't think about anything. At some point, Unato tells her they need to protect the country and yadda yadda, and she retorts with a "But...!" Cue awkard 3 seconds pause in the dialog.

On the other hand, Athrun's visit to PLANT is really nice (for now, yes I know how it goes down after). I always liked the scenery and overall feel of PLANTs, a shame we barely see any of it. And like with SEED, there are some breathtaking tracks on the OST (in this episode Shinrareba Koso, used when the trio goes to the graveyard).
The fact that there's absolutely no purpose to this trip except for "powerless Cagalli's bodyguard is going there to have a secret chat with the fucking chairman of PLANT" takes a lot out of it unfortunately. And the whole thing about Athrun not being in contact with Orb and not knowing about their alliance with OMNI or Cagalli's marriage until much later is pretty incredibly stupid. But hey, even the radio in their Mobile Suits don't function correctly in this series, so what am I hoping for exactly?

Next episode is Shinn against OMNI fleet battle, I'm looking forward to it! The one after that, however, is fucking Jesus Yamato return to the battlefield and I'm already having chills just thinking about it. Not the right kind of chills.

Why am I doing that to myself, I'm not sure. Because it's still entertaining, I guess.

Shinn? More like Shitt. =/

Jubern

Next week's Majestic Prince is a recap, noooooooo.

This week's episode was a really nice breather IMO. It's not like the series actually needed one, but I liked this episode.

LegatoB

R_thanatos said:
Only a few weeks have passed since they woke up they will start going at school at some point ( a special school was rehabilited for the players that were stuck in SAO ). At this point in time school hasn't started yet.
Hey, I know you're trying to be helpful by providing information from later in the LNs, but it's more fun watching Corvo's reactions if he doesn't know what's going on. So, stop helping!

Jintor

Yuyushiki 02

RELAXING COMEDY STOP JINTOR APPROVES STOP ODDLY HYPNOTIC VIEWING STOP

Aiura 01

SAME THING STOP GREAT BACKGROUNDS STOP WAS THAT STEVE JOBS IN THE OP QUESTION MARK PITY ABOUT THE CG BUS STOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom