• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They gave Manami long hair?

ibahn3uooyhkwz.gif

To those who've watched Saki, did you go into it without much/any prior knowledge of Mahjong? Cuz I tried to read up on the basics before giving the first two episodes a go, but I'm just completely lost on the game. They are throwing so many terms around, and I don't know if I'm mean to keep up with the layout every time it pans over the board. And I've totally given up on trying to decipher the scoring system. I really want to get into this show, but I just won't be able to enjoy the competitive matches if I can't follow along and understand them. Did you non Mahjong-savvy viewers just let all this stuff go over your head or does it get easier to understand?

It might help a little bit to understand Mahjong, but yeah, you don't need to at all. I knew nothing about mahjong when I started watching, and still have no idea what makes a winning hand, or how the scoring system works, or any of that... and I love the franchise anyway. You do not need to get that stuff to watch, or like, the franchise.

Hi, I'm Saya Kisaragi, and I care so little about
actually protecting anyone's lives that I will not even profit off their demise and attack while the monster is fucking distracted and eating EVERYONE
because FUCK sensibility. I don't quite understand, was class rep-kun actually phased by
all the fucking death? Or the fact that his crush didn't call him by his name?
I'm gong with the latter, because no one in this fucking show truly has any sense of proportion except for maybe the fuckin' elder bairns.

Hey, maybe it's time to actually get serious now that
I've succeeded at protecting no one and everyone is dead.

Hi, I'm class rep-kun and I don't care about the fact that
I've just witnessed my whole class be brutally murdered,
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say sorry for the unwarranted intimacy. Because all I fucking care about, is your feelings.

I hope the disappearance of the guimave is a significant plot point because that cut made no fucking sense.

I am glad her dad is just as fucking oblivious as her.
What's wrong Saya? Idk everyone I care about is dead.
Everything is starting to seem more and more like a set.
The empty classrooms, the truly disposable supporting characters, the unnerving manner in which she described her life like she was restating a rehearsed script.
I need some resolution. Things are making less and less sense as they go on.

The only explanation I can come up with for Blood-C is that everyone is actually a robot.

I mean, no human being would ever actually act like how any character in that series does at pretty much any point...

Jex

sleep is for the weak

We're averaging 970 posts per day (40 posts per hour) right now. We will have a new thread in 16 days at this pace. The last thread lasted 31.22 days (641 posts per day), so yeah, high gear.

That wont happen. It'll start to level out at around 12,00 posts, unless there's some major mitigating factor.

Jex

Don't forget to vote for my doom.

That seems like an odd trifecta of titles.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is a series that didn't wasn't particularly good or particularly bad. It's largely unremarkable, in fact. I can't imagine that you'll be able to make any entertaining posts about this series because it's not "so good it's bad" or anything of that nature.

So Ra No Woto is a relatively popular series about cute girls doing cute things with solid production values and some intriguing world building. I didn't really care for it but many people who watched it argue that it's a good title.

Crest of the Stars is one the most critically lauded space operas in the whole of anime.

It's not really much of a competition, Crest of the Stars is the clear winner here.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Kanako's route in the PSP Game is pretty interesting. Literally no one supports Kanako wanting to be with Kousoke. Kirino, Kuroneko, and Ayase are jealous she is with Kousoke, Saori feels that Kanako being with Kousoke is going to break up the group which she doesn't want to have happen (and apparently she doesn't realize she is the little sister of her mentor), and for some reason Kousoke's dad won't approve of her saying something like "She isn't good enough for my son".

Kirito even spawns Mary Sues.

Some dude on MAL said:
I just started reading the Alicization Beginning arc of Sword Art Online aka Volume 9. It was supposedly translated by Teh_Ping two weeks ago, but final exams prohibited me from getting around to reading it. I also haven’t been able to read New Testament 4 of To Aru Majutsu no Index. This week’s Accel World raised an interesting point in which I wanted to talk about. Kuroyukihime elaborated upon the most important bond in Accel World , which is the bond between the person who gives brain burst and the person who ends up installing brain burst. This master/protege relationship is especially potent as each side knows the true identity of each other, so repercussions in the Accel World have great reverberations in the real world. While the bond can be benevolent and almost loving, the counter also holds true.

In the latest episode, Kuroyukihime vents her hatred of her master. In the Accel World novels, the reason behind her hate isn’t revealed yet. Neither is her true name.

The theory that I have is that Kirito and Asuna from Sword Art Online are Kuroyukihime ‘s parents. If you look closely at Aincrad’s Kirito and Black Lotus, they share many similar traits such as dual swords and the color ‘black.’

Now, I will begin to lay out the foundation for this theory and elucidate some of my speculations.

The setting of the third arc of Sword Art Online, Gun Gale Online, takes place in the year 2026, two years after the events of the Old Aincrad. The beginning of Accel World takes place in the year 2046, 20 years after GGO. In the GGO arc, Kirito was 16 while Asuna was 17. Supposing that Kirito and Asuna get married when they are 22-23, Kuroyukihime would be around 13-14 years old in the year 2046. This matches up with her being in her second year of middle school at the beginning of Accel World .

Second of all, Kuroyukihime has mentioned in the anime that her real name isn’t too much different from her moniker ‘Kuroyukihime.’ Asuna’s full name is Asuna Yuuki. It is highly possible that Kirito and Asuna decided to name their child Yuuki due to events in volume 7, Mother’s Rosario.

Third of all, her name essentially means “Princess Snow Black.” The black part probably comes from Kirito while the princess portion comes from her mother, Asuna. Asuna’s father is the CEO of the electronics company RECTO which manufactures fulldive products. Rich ojous of families are often called “princesses,” so Kuroyukihime bestowing this name upon herself isn’t too far fetched.

Fourth of all, in the seventh volume, Kirito invented some kind of camera at school which can capture real space and replicate it as virtual space and vice versa for the girl with AIDS, Yuuki . This sounds awfully similar to the neutral world in Brain Burst. Yuuki , the girl who died in the medicube testing, had a deep emotional connection with Asuna. So, with regard to what I said before for the naming of Kirito and Asuna’s child, Yuuki being Kuroyukihime’s real name and the daughter of the Kirito and Asuna is very, very possible.

Fifth of all, throughout the side stories and Mother’s Rosario, Kirito has a part time job in which he tests fulldive products in conjunction with quantum theory. In a side story, he actually traveled to the future and dueled with a level 5 Silver Crow and defeated him (it doesn’t specifically say that Kirito won since the quantum field ran out at the last minute, but please, Kirito is a badass). Kirito may have drawn inspiration from this battle and created Brain Burst as a result.

The things that don’t exactly match up are that Sky Raker in Accel World call Kuroyukihime “Saa-chan,” which is nowhere near the name of Yuuki unless Saa-chan is some kind of nickname. Another thing that doesn’t match up is that Kirito is technically dead in Alicization beginning since he was “killed” by a real life Laughing Coffin member. He fulldived without NERvGear into the “Underworld.” I’m not sure what this exactly entails, but from what I’ve read about other side stories post Alicization, Kirito’s harem travels into the Underworld to join/rescue him.

However, the similarities between the Underworld and the Accel World are numerous. A small amount of time in either area is an exorbitant amount of time in reality. In both places, there is an all out war between factions.

The only reason that I can come up with which explains the hate that Kuroyukihime harbors for Kirito would be that Kirito and Asuna both “abandoned” her to live in the Underworld. There may be other reasons in which they chose to live there that include being protectors of humanity or promise eternal life. The Underworld might even be heaven. Anyway, the only way that Burst Linkers in Accel World can meet the creators of Brain Burst is to reach the Underworld, which is possibly on a higher plane compared to the Accel World. As far as I know, that means achieving level 10 in the Accel World.

So ends my theory for linking the stories of SAO and AW together through the vehicle of Kuroyukihime.

cajunator

Banned
The beauty of animu is that there is no such thing as the correct choice. Except Inaba. All other choices in Kokoro connect are wrong.

Blusby

1)Saori
2)Ayase
3)Mom (the sweet forbidden fruit)
4)Kuroneko
5)Kirino (the sweet forbidden seed)
6)Akagi (that's what the kohai with glasses name is right?)
7)Manami (marry her and get an awesome family)

Syrinx

Glass Fleet 1

Oh this is gonna be fun.

Is it Michel or Michelle? They keep saying he's a dude, but my eyes and (especially) my ears tell me otherwise.

Favorite guy is the one who just stumbles into that shot during the battle and goes "Surrender and you won't be harmed." I hope he wins the show.

Narag

Glass Fleet 1

Oh this is gonna be fun.

Is it Michel or Michelle? They keep saying he's a dude, but my eyes and (especially) my ears tell me otherwise.

Favorite guy is the one who just stumbles into that shot during the battle and goes "Surrender and you won't be harmed." I hope he wins the show.

Michel. Rip syrinx

Yeah probably. I don't know if you are big on characters spouting 80s pop culture references of video games, anime and other shit, but from what I remember there was a lot of MMO action and the book was a good page turner. Don't recall any boring downtime chapters. I found some reveals and plot elements to very stupid, but I guess other people will overlook them easily.

K. If that doesn't work, think I'll finally make a thread in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom