• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So is the book series done? Is the author working on other stuff? anyone know?

Not saying Name of the Wind is nearly as bad as Sword of Truth, but the effect is similar.

Theonik

Oh yeah, Jexhius, did you ever have the time or get the chance to watch Night on the Galactic Railroad? You mentioned earlier that you were going to try and watch it. I was wondering what you thought of it. Did you wind up falling asleep?
Sick burn.

7Th

@Aikatsu 33

Yeah, this was a hundred times better than the previous tournament/elimination episode; it had bits of great animation and it was overall a lot of fun. Aikatsu really works much better when the trials are ridiculously over-the-top stuff rather than advertisement for the vidya.

Also, random side-character girls best OTP:
uONyMUu.jpg

jMCghhK.jpg

yHOLhhX.jpg

Zume28s.jpg

GtGf6Pa.jpg

Jex

I just think it's ethically reprehensible, production values aside.

It's like, you can make a really expensive, high quality cigarette. But the fact remains, that cigarette is a carcinogen and no matter how it is packaged, it's still ultimately a stick of death.

Having never read or watched a Twilight text, I assume the novel/movie/manga/audible audiobook/broadway show versions of Twilight have adequate production values that are at least acceptable. But the people who find Twilight disgusting aren't disgusted by how it looks or the syntax of Myer's prose. They are offended by its content, especially with regards to its gender politics.

Right, but Dresden is asking why a show like SAO attracts a disproportionate amount of negative attention and my reply is, in a nutshell, that it's extremely popular. There are far more offensive anime than SAO and far more offensive books than Twilight but by dint of their popularity and success they simply attract more negative critical attention.

Jex

Oh yeah, Jexhius, did you ever have the time or get the chance to watch Night on the Galactic Railroad? You mentioned earlier that you were going to try and watch it. I was wondering what you thought of it. Did you wind up falling asleep?

I'm actually planning to watch it later tonight.

/XX/

So is the book series done? Is the author working on other stuff? anyone know?
In a previous Q&A from 2007 that was on the old version of his own blog (this is the new one; http://pandreamium.sblo.jp/), the author Mr. Yonezama commented that he wanted to continue the series until Oreki ends his High School studies:

畢生の十周年企画 100の質問 said:
Q2:〈古典部〉シリーズ、どのくらいまで続ける予定でしょうか?

巻数ではお答えできませんが(決まっていないので)、いちおう、折木が高校を出るまで書くつもりです。
http://web.archive.org/web/20070911004811/http://www.pandreamium.net/nowadays/100.html

As I've seen commented, the problem is that this series is like a breather for him, to retake when he isn't busy on other publications...

@Aikatsu 33

Yeah, this was a hundred times better than the previous tournament/elimination episode; it had bits of great animation and it was overall a lot of fun. Aikatsu really works much better when the trials are ridiculously over-the-top stuff rather than advertisement for the vidya.

Also, random side-character girls best OTP:

That is like the driest water i've ever seen. Those girls aren't even wet?

Why does water exist at all if it can't make girls wet?

cajunator

Banned
Date A Live 7-8

Wow these episodes sucked. Kurumi is awful. The "erotic" scenes were honestly gross as hell. She's the least interesting girl so far in the series both in terms of personality and especially in looks. The only decent bits were with Tohka who is the best girl by far.

1. Tohka
2. Kotori
3. Reine
4. Sensei
5. Mana
6. Yoshino
7. Origami
4231. Kurumi

You are so contrarian to everything Darkside.
but I agree with Tohja being best girl.
at least up to episode 4.
Origami is cute but she has to settle for third or fourth on my list thus far.

I get enough shirtless men at work. It's ewwwy; it's even nastier since I work at a grocery store. No one wants hair on their food!

I need to sit down and power through Utena. I'm making progress, but I am moving so bloody slow. Job hunting this week (at least I have two part-time jobs now amounting to 40 hours a week) murdered my anime activities.

I know all about how full time work can destroy free time and motivation to watch anime. It zaps your energy for one.

It's back.

But what's the point of bringing it back in such a neutered form? Does duckroll expect us to actually talk about the game or something?

Im staying the fuck out since I dont actually care about the game a nd we cant discuss the anime at all.
probably for the best.

WHAT THE HELL?! I'm half way through and I haven't seen any goddamn cars. I guess there were some when Wakaba was running home but those hardly count.

Ohhhhh, now it makes sense.

NOW IT DOESN'T! I kind of want to go through the show even faster just to see this but now I'm on a paranoid car watch. What could they possibly do with a car that's making everyone so coy?

What kind of crazy grocery do you work at? I'm both intrigued and wary of a grocery that is so...chill.

The beauty of Akio's car arc is you have to experience it. We cant just explain it to you.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just think it's ethically reprehensible, production values aside.

It's like, you can make a really expensive, high quality cigarette. But the fact remains, that cigarette is a carcinogen and no matter how it is packaged, it's still ultimately a stick of death.

Having never read or watched a Twilight text, I assume the novel/movie/manga/audible audiobook/broadway show versions of Twilight have adequate production values that are at least acceptable. But the people who find Twilight disgusting aren't disgusted by how it looks or the syntax of Myer's prose. They are offended by its content, especially with regards to its gender politics.

I must have missed this part of SAO. It seemed like a generic, popular anime to me.

7Th

AOTS, all seasons
Aikatsu!

Top priority
The Regina scenes in DD Precure

I guess I watch them when they get subbed
Yuyushiki
Muromi-san
Valvrave
Fast Food and Waifu Wars
Aku no Hana
Gargantia

Trapeze - 8-11 END
The reporter episode was good as was the narcissistic actor one, but then came the episode about the Newspaper Company president/Owner of the baseball team who suffered from panic attacks. I was not expecting where that was going. He was a fairly interesting character already and then the
music starts in the final third once he begins to realize that he's emotionally stuck in the past. And as he is recalling pieces from his childhood and into adulthood, he has a brief epiphany right as the ball is flying in the air after being struck. It's a beautiful moment, in an excellent scene, that honestly got me pretty misty eyed.
Spoiler: So good that it needed to be gif'd

The last episode is quite good as well, and it reminded me that I really liked how this episodic show was able to tie in all of the other patients into the various stories. Which ultimately leads to the message of Trapeze: No one is perfect!

What a great show! I'm really glad I heard about it here now.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
How are all of you getting your gif banners to upload to Hummingbird? Every time that I try to upload one, it crashes the site. I can upload still images perfectly, but I've tested several gif images and it seems that the filesize, resolution, etc. don't affect this. The site just hates my gifs.

LzoQVtQ.png

I just want to be purty like everyone elseeeeeeeeeeeee

survivor

Banned
Is this something I should read?

Yeah probably. I don't know if you are big on characters spouting 80s pop culture references of video games, anime and other shit, but from what I remember there was a lot of MMO action and the book was a good page turner. Don't recall any boring downtime chapters. I found some reveals and plot elements to very stupid, but I guess other people will overlook them easily.

What about lower parts of the body
That's disgusting.

cajunator

Banned
so much manami hate...

Don't really care much about her interactions or the plot or w/e but her voice hits like the right frequency or some shit that makes me all :cajun.

She does.
Manami is a total sweetheart and her voice is adorable and pretty.
the problem is she just isnt engaging to the viewers.

cajunator

Banned
That is like the driest water i've ever seen. Those girls aren't even wet?

Why does water exist at all if it can't make girls wet?

Thats a pretty good use for water surely.

you know... going to the pool to swim in the summer kinda sucks if you have shitty eyes.

Wonder if I can get prescription goggles.

I know that feeling.
my eyes suck and are sensitive to chlorine.
cant open them underwater much.

Metrotab

Banned
There is a YouTube translation. It's supposedly good quality, but I have no idea how the system works in order to 'play' through the game, other than to follow a specific playlist for each character.

I should start it sometime to check it out myself.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Jesus christ.
6 pages while I was asleep.

It's usually 2-3 pages!

sleep is for the weak

We're averaging 970 posts per day (40 posts per hour) right now. We will have a new thread in 16 days at this pace. The last thread lasted 31.22 days (641 posts per day), so yeah, high gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom