• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

This isn't a matter of feeling like I had a responsibility or anything, this is because through my own poor decisions I've turned the rest of my real life into a hellhole (to compare, see the character Kazuya in the most recent Space Brothers episode, plus or minus a few details to a scarily accurate degree) to bother worrying about this anymore. There are other people who do a far better job of it anyway, like how just a bit earlier DTL managed to track down a half-year-old Facebook post to answer someone's question within ONE MINUTE of it being asked.
I don't have any gimmicks like being a yuri, yaoi, moe, or mecha fan, I don't have encyclopedic knowledge of key animators from the 1980s, I'm not able to draw up dissertations on my thoughts for the episodes each week, I'm not some new fresh face to the thread who's still working on establishing an identity I'm not even in the right timezone or have the language ability to browse the right websites for reporting on the real breaking news if I did really care about it. Most of my preferences are completely counter to most of the culture here, I have nothing unique besides being an attention whore and whining like this, and that's nothing to really be proud of, so now that I've figured it out it's probably better that I quit while I'm ahead. I'm not looking for pity or anything, I'm just finally properly explaining my point of view.

Enjoy the Spring season and beyond. If you still want to talk then PM.

See you in a week.

Narag

Metal Skin Panic MADOX-01

This was pretty stupid. Despite that the mechanical animation more than made up for any stupidity on display.
Seriously, "This box says US ARMY" "Oh it's just some junk someone threw away" "I believe you!" or the whole Shiori drama. Like the guy gets stuck in a mech and all he does is try and meet up with his girlfriend like that's his only thought, she doesn't seem to care about it happening either and everyone is way too lax that scientist chick included. Stupid shit.
Beyond the stuff in the spoilers it was pretty :80s too, like this or this and maybe this. I can't entirely meant the MC though she is pretty waifu material. I laughed way too hard at these two scenes too

I always envision a bunch of mechanical animatiors plying their trade then someone realizing they needed some sort of story to justify it all after the fact.

Oh my.

Should have been
Kenta

tumblr_mk4l1vwYjx1s7k3o2o1_500.gif

I feel bad for his fans, he only got like one episode. Perhaps at the live event he will get tons of attention.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nah man, you're nuts.

I don't see it honestly.

Ami is much more physically attractive, if you think Taiga is well you got some issues. Ami is the "bro" character, the one who the MC can connect with on an emotional level because both Taiga and Minorin are insane and he can pour his heart out when anything is wrong.

Basically only in anime would somebody decide to date Taiga instead of Ami.

also thats fucked up Dresden.

This isn't a matter of feeling like I had a responsibility or anything, this is because through my own poor decisions I've turned the rest of my real life into a hellhole (to compare, see the character Kazuya in the most recent Space Brothers episode, plus or minus a few details to a scarily accurate degree) to bother worrying about this anymore. There are other people who do a far better job of it anyway, like how just a bit earlier DTL managed to track down a half-year-old Facebook post to answer someone's question within ONE MINUTE of it being asked.

I don't have any gimmicks like being a yuri, yaoi, moe, or mecha fan, I don't have encyclopedic knowledge of key animators from the 1980s, I'm not able to draw up dissertations on my thoughts for the episodes each week, I'm not some new fresh face to the thread who's still working on establishing an identity I'm not even in the right timezone or have the language ability to browse the right websites for reporting on the real breaking news if I did really care about it. Most of my preferences are completely counter to most of the culture here, I have nothing unique besides being an attention whore and whining like this, and that's nothing to really be proud of, so now that I've figured it out it's probably better that I quit while I'm ahead. I'm not looking for pity or anything, I'm just finally properly explaining my point of view.

Perhaps take a break, get some rest and reenergized while getting things together and what not. I shall miss you :(

Shergal

I don't see it honestly.

Ami is much more physically attractive, if you think Taiga is well you got some issues. Ami is the "bro" character, the one who the MC can connect with on an emotional level because both Taiga and Minorin are insane and he can pour his heart out when anything is wrong.

Exactly. Ami is the bro character, not the one you date. Thanks for confirming it!

Some call Taiga and Minori crazy. I call Ami boring.

Ami's "down to earth"-ness got to the point where she felt stale to me.

I would want a woman who can make me laugh and smile. Minori definitely has the appropriate personality type for that.
If I had to spend a week with Ami on the other hand, I'd feel pretty bored.

Also, Minori is a talented athlete. What does Ami do?

Soma

Is there like a spin-off or something of Toradora where Taiga isn't the "canon path"?

I remember her being the main reason I didn't get far into the show.

Kazzy

Oh, and here I thought the argument was "her character development is better".

It depends who you're discussing it with.

In personality, Taiga is a reprehensible character, someone who is self-destructive, and far too self-indulgent to function in a healthy relationship. It's the behavior that is atypical to her archetype, though it rarely comes under much scrutiny. Which is what I appreciated about the ending, despite how ham-fisted some of it was in execution. It at least acknowledged the ridiculousness of those inherent tropes.

/XX/

6/5 TANUKI BALLS
Nice! End soon your visit to Mr. Takahata's semi-real worlds so we can wait together for 500000 ANIMATION FRAMES of undistilled fantasy on The Tale of Princess Kaguya!

It's not BONES.
It's not actually BONES this time! Although it's many of the same staff from Xam'd, the film's animated by TMS. It does look super-BONES-y though, doesn't it? :)
Poor duckroll, hopeful until the very end and against all odds... :-(

http://i.imgur.com/AbW75ZZl.jpg
Dat bridge crew!
(They could always do a Girls und Graf Zeppelin spinoff, although it looks like these ships don't have any planes. lol)
Hoping already for Girls und Fighter? It could take an idea or two from this:

http://boards.4chan.org/a/res/80397987 said:

Take care, man! This shouldn't be worth any pain, this is a place you should come to relax in.

I always envision a bunch of mechanical animatiors plying their trade then someone realizing they needed some sort of story to justify it all after the fact.
I think we need more of those! At least nowadays they could use the easy access and sharing that provides the Internet to show-off...

Dresden

I'm assuming you couldn't breathe up there... but what about turbulence, or if the plane does a barrel roll? lol

It'd actually be okay. The tip of the plane would create an updraft that insulates the actual living areas of the plane.

Oxygen masks and parachutes should be handed out to everyone on birth.

Velcros will hold on in case of barrel rolling.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It'd actually be okay. The tip of the plane would create an updraft that insulates the actual living areas of the plane.

Oxygen masks and parachutes should be handed out to everyone on birth.

Velcros will hold on in case of barrel rolling.
:Yoshida

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK, that city on a plane is one hell of a scary idea. And they put the funfair right on the edge of a wing. Gulp almighty.

Mononoke 12 fin

The bakeneko arc and the show itself come to and end. The plot of this chapter was the best and it had that creepy horror feeling of being alone in a train wagon moving on its own and weird things happening. The show reminded me so much of Mushishi, the way episodes are set, characters introduced and how the plot works up. Mononoke= mushi. Medicine man=Genki Complaints? I'd rather had the plot beig episodic instead of spanning 2-3 episodes each time.

7/10

Do I recommend it? Ofcourse

She has a job? She works her ass off and makes an income.

As opposed to Taiga who is just a immature petulent child who
runs away from home
because thats who she is.

It's more like
she went back home to resolve her issues with her mother/new family. If you were talking about her living on her own in the beginning from her father's place because of the dad's girlfriend (new wife?) because she was basically told to move out because the dad's a piece of shit.
This is sounding more like a hatred for Taiga instead of a fondness for Ami.

Theonik

OK, that city on a plane is one hell of a scary idea. And they put the funfair right on the edge of a wing. Gulp almighty.
The weak get turned into kebab so the strong can become stronger. Cruel reality.

If the inside of the cockpit is just more city, how do they land the plane?
It's a question of scale. The actual cockpit would be tiny and you wouldn't see it in this pic. It's like that massive stardestroyer plothole pic really.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's more like
she went back home to resolve her issues with her mother/new family. If you were talking about her living on her own in the beginning from her father's place because of the dad's girlfriend (new wife?) because she was basically told to move out because the dad's a piece of shit.
This is sounding more like a hatred for Taiga instead of a fondness for Ami.

It's both? I love Ami and I loathe Taiga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom