• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluWacky

I just thought I'd add to Brazil's OP by mentioning the anime films that will be coming out on DVD/BluRay over the next three months, which will undoubtedly form part of the "Spring season" for many people. I may have missed some off as I've lost track of what has release dates and what doesn't so please correct me if there's anything of general interest I've missed.

April

Fuse: The Story of the Gun-Wielding Detective Girl - to be released 12th April
Film website (trailer here, click the second button along the top for the trailer)

Fuse-Teppou-Musume-no-Torimonochou.jpg

Based on a novel by the author of Gosick, this story, inspired by the classic epic Hakkenden (inspiration for many an anime, and also a huge chunk of the storyline of the game Okami), is set in Edo. Ieyasu Tokugawa has offered a reward for anyone who will exterminate the "Fuse", a half-human half-dog gang terrorising the streets of Edo. A fourteen year old huntress with a giant gun, Hamaji, is summoned by a letter from her brother to join him in hunting the Fuse, where she meets a mysterious white-haired man named Shino...

Of interest due to it retaining many of the key staff from Xam'd Lost Memories, including its director, chief animation director and composer.

Hype because: it should look and sound great
Dehype because: Gosick was stupid

Evangelion:3.33 You Can (Not) Redo - to be released April 24th
Film website
Trailer from November last year

The third in the Rebuild of Evangelion sequence. Judging by the end of the second film, it should be taking a different path from the TV show. All I know is it's got Kaworu in it - I know spoilers run rampant from the cinema screenings of the film but I know nothing of them...

Hype because: it could be completely crazy from here on out
Dehype because: the films are apparently lacking in comparison with the original TV series

May

009 RE-CYBORG - to be released 22nd May
Film website
Trailer

A 3DCG continuation of the Cyborg 009 franchise, with the Cyborgs coming "out of retirement" after 10 years to face a new and deadly threat! At least, that's what they're kind of saying on the official website.

Hype because: Kenji Kamiyama directed it!
Dehype because: duckroll's already seen it and has... interesting... thoughts on it.

June

Nerawareta Gakuen - to be released 5th June
Website here
Inaccurately subtitled trailer here (sorry... also don't understand why it plays the damn thing twice!)

Kenji and Natsuki have been next door neighbours and friends for years. Kenji has a crush on Kahori, Natsuki's glamorous best friend.

Then a mysterious silver-haired transfer student called Kyogoku turns up, and strange things start happening...again...

A sequel to a popular YA novel that has already spawned several live action adaptations, this is the film directing debut of Ryosuke Nakamura of Mouryou no Hako and Run! Melos (the non-literal version), animated by Sunrise.

Hype because: - I've already seen it and kind of loved it!
Dehype because: - I've already seen it and the story is a total mess by the end!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Strike Witches - 06

VbERsjb.png
xHAooQa.png

Dat lust.

Eila getting jealous over Yoshika being friendly with Sanya was pretty funny. Not a lot going on in this episode, just more character oriented episodes to get a more in depth look of the other girls that make up the team. In this case, Eila and Sanya.

Strike Witches - 06

Eila getting jealous over Yoshika being friendly with Sanya was pretty funny. Not a lot going on in this episode, just more character oriented episodes to get a more in depth look of the other girls that make up the team. In this case, Eila and Sanya.

Eilanya OTP. It is the rule of the StrikeWitch-verse.

Shergal

April

Fuse: The Story of the Gun-Wielding Detective Girl - to be released 12th April
Film website (trailer here, click the second button along the top for the trailer)

Fuse-Teppou-Musume-no-Torimonochou.jpg

Based on a novel by the author of Gosick, this story, inspired by the classic epic Hakkenden (inspiration for many an anime, and also a huge chunk of the storyline of the game Okami), is set in Edo. Ieyasu Tokugawa has offered a reward for anyone who will exterminate the "Fuse", a half-human half-dog gang terrorising the streets of Edo. A fourteen year old huntress with a giant gun, Hamaji, is summoned by a letter from her brother to join him in hunting the Fuse, where she meets a mysterious white-haired man named Shino...

Of interest due to it retaining many of the key staff from Xam'd Lost Memories, including its director, chief animation director and composer.

Hype because: it should look and sound great
Dehype because: Gosick was stupid

I really want this to be good. But the reception Gosick got makes me lose hope (I never watched it).

Please, BONES, deliver ;_;

cajunator

Banned

This isn't a job Arti. If you don't want to post news, you aren't required to. We appreciated when you did.

fertygo

This isn't a job Arti. If you don't want to post news, you aren't required to. We appreciated when you did.

Yeah, I don't know why you making fuss over this every 5 days arti.. can you just treat it as something you stumbling around and paste it? I actually afraid doing the same before you post it because you might angry or something. We appreciate what you did, but we not demanding you to do so, please don't take it as burden.

Defuser

I just realized these past few episodes of GuP, Ooarai's instructor disappeared from the face of the earth. Did she got run over by a tank or something?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There is a difference between suggestive and NSFW.
Well he states that avatars shouldn't be suggestive. But of course if you see anything wrong with mine you just have a filthy mind. The uncropped version is just her eating a ham sandwich. Nothing suggestive about that.

BluWacky

I really want this to be good. But the reception Gosick got makes me lose hope (I never watched it).

Please, BONES, deliver ;_;

It's not actually BONES this time! Although it's many of the same staff from Xam'd, the film's animated by TMS. It does look super-BONES-y though, doesn't it? :)

cajunator

Banned
Well he states that avatars shouldn't be suggestive. But of course if you see anything wrong with mine you just have a filthy mind. The uncropped version is just her eating a ham sandwich. Nothing suggestive about that.

Is that what they are calling it these days?

I just realized these past few episodes of GuP, Ooarai's instructor disappeared from the face of the earth. Did she got run over by a tank or something?

She was the judge for the final game.

And you could hear her voice, she was the off-screen announcer.

haven't been warned yet. I think its suggestive REAL stuff that bothers people. anime and manga are cartoons. Cartoons are for kids. Nothing naughty unless you one of them folks.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's because if they find our avatars NSFW that would mean they are admitting they find them sexy and thus they would become that which they hate.

jman2050

This is only cause I somehow completely forgot about this in my last post but you all are a bunch of twits for mass-watching Toradora only after I leave.

<3 you guys. Also give official approval to Seraphis as my Taigabro successor

Amnesia 12

Show's less interesting when nothing's trying to kill the otome lead.

I guess they left the ending open ended just so you choose which weird relationship you want her to return to.

It wasn't bad, better than Arcana Famgilia at least which isn't saying much. But it did provide some entertainement near the end with the powers of DTL trying to kill the girl and that's what I'll remember about this show. Along with the Kingdom Hearts clothing and the sparkly eyes.

cajunator

Banned
This is only cause I somehow completely forgot about this in my last post but you all are a bunch of twits for mass-watching Toradora only after I leave.

How long are you back posting for?

Andrew J.

Spring watchlist:

Devil Survivor 2
Majestic Prince
Oreimo S2
Suisei no Gargantia
Valvrave

Man, so quiet compared to winter. Total backlog season. Maybe I'll catch up on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I...I don't know what to say. I'm honored, and I will do my best to uphold your legacy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All my hype.
Prepare for some glorious "acting" from the guy who plays the Green guy. I mean, I guess at least he tried... but I'm really starting to think Kobayashi is the only Japanese actor that can handle playing something other than herself. :p

(Admittedly, it's not like anime is rife with amazing parts to play)

Girls und Panzer FINAL

There better be a 2nd season with Miho and gang going for worldwide championship.
The only reason I wouldn't want a second season is because the moment at the end with the
mother clapping
is such an amazing :Yoshida moment and a sequel would basically render it kind of pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom