• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahari Ore blablabla SNAFU - 1

This show is like pre-genre shift Medaka Box with added misanthropy and assholes for characters.

Seriously, none of these people are sympathetic in any way. The MC sounds like he posts about Linkin Park on his tumblr or something.

I really need to watch this, most memorable post made today. (i liked pre genre shift medaka box).

cajunator

Banned

You are the hero we deserve.
Did you ever pick up the NISA set of Denpa Onna? It is absolutely beautiful.

I still dont get the teams for oreimo. Whoever gets with that lame o MC loses. So losers are winners are losers are everyone are losers.

I pick "team" by best girl, not by who gets with MC. You cant control who the creators match up with the MC, but you can pick which girl is the superior one.

Having powered through it and after practically forcing myself to finish the thing, eh, no it's really not.

Definitely one of the best Zelda designs, though.

What you're referring to is from one of the OVAs. You should watch the whole thing if you wanna find out. It's got plenty of moe all around!

Zelda SS has some of the bst dungeon design, the cutest Zelda princess, the motion controls, and a really neat world design and art style. The only gripes I had were the collectathon parts for padding. Otherwise its definitely one of my favorite. Not my all time favorite though that is probably windwaker or OOT.

As for Azazel san, how long is it?

Cuticle-Detective-Inaba-episode-3-screenshot-020.jpg

Cuticle Detective Inaba Episode 3

Ogi's vengeful daddy mode was the best part of this episode. Completely forgot Kei had a thing for cats, so him being lovey dovey with Inaba was shocking at first. 2nd half introduced Stella who is cute, though I do wonder how long she's going to tolerate Ogito. Suprsingly, it was very infromative about the wolves in the SP and how Inaba gained his hair fetish.

Having powered through it and after practically forcing myself to finish the thing, eh, no it's really not.

Definitely one of the best Zelda designs, though.

I have the exact same opinion.

Still feel disappointed that Link didn't get any kind of reward in the ending.

Hyakka Ryokan: Samurai Bride 1 - This is the second season of Hyakka Ryokan: Samurai Girls. I still wish that it'd been a better harem action show like Daimao or IS that had gotten a second season, instead of this mediocre one, but unfortunately that didn't happen. And yeah, this was mediocre as expected. This series starts six months after the first one. Muneakira has been on a trip, so he hasn't been at the dojo until this episode. Then we learn that the major new addition this season is maid cafes, because of course that's just what this franchise needed. Will that make this popular enough to get a S3 or something, now? Sigh... That the next "Western" thing they add is maid cafes, as if anywhere other than real modern-day Japan (remember, this is an alternate universe where the Tokugawa never fell) actually has anything like that, is what they add is pretty stupid. Yes I know why they do it, but that doesn't make it any less massively dumb.

Anyway though, yes, the dojo has been made into a maid cafe, because the girls think that that'll be the best way to make money; the dojo is deeply in debt, and Princess Sen's brother (the not-nice-at-all prince) stole all of the credit for when Jubei and Muneakira saved Tokyo, so they got nothing for it. So yeah, maid cafe. They don't seem to have much in the way of customers, though, except for this one group of girls who apparently were dead, but revived themselves after hearing of Jubei's success at the end of S1. They want to fight Jubei now.

Of course, though, the Jubei they want isn't here anymore. See ep. 12 of the first season. It's just silly Jubei now. That's... not good, and the four villain girls, who are all named for famous samurais, attack the main characters, and win handily. Jubei can't even fight, and the others all lose in seconds. The ending sets up for what has to be either the next episode, or the series, we'll see which:
They have one month to "find" the "real" Jubei, the super-powerful-warrior one, or Muneakira will lose his general powers forever and be unable to pick up a sword.
. Hmm. Are they going to negate S1 ep. 12's ending? That would be kind of too bad, that was the closest thing the series ever had to a legitimately good episode... we'll see. After this episode, though, my expectations are low. Not that I really expected anything else, given that most episodes of the first season weren't all that good either... but seriously, if this maid-cafe thing is going to have a lot of focus in the series, it probably will end up being worse than the first season. Sure there were some amusing bits, I will admit, but overall... yeah, this was well below average. Of course, so was most of S1, so I guess it's just continuing in the series' tradition. Eh, could be worse though.

I'll keep watching the series for now anyway. It was kind of nice to see the characters again. Apart from serious Jubei they're all as they were before, just now with maid costumes sometimes. Hopefully they can improve their skills quickly, though, none of them did well in that fight... Oh, and yes, Muneakira is still a generic "I am scared of girls" harem lead most of the time, and a serious samurai-style fighter or swordfighter in training other times. As if he could be anything else, in THIS genre.

yami4ct

You guys think about this making anime OTs too hard. If you think a show deserves one, then make one.

Has MJP got an OT yet? I know it will likely rot on the vine, but if there isn't one I'll totally throw one together. I want to at least say I tried to give this show my full backing.

Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. 13

And so it starts (almost) and ends on the same note.

Amazing, this was extremely fun to marathon through. Lots of energy, very nice VA cast and I really liked the changes in art they used throughout the series. Even though it was mostly one arc after another, the stories were all pretty good and connected well with each other and watching them all. Now I'm only three OVA episodes to season 2.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W - 01

It's there !! It's back .. for the sake of earth entertainment !!!

Haiyore%21%20Nyaruko-san%20W%20-%2001.jpg

Embrace it !

Episode 1 was funny ... They embraced the crazy just like i wanted ...

i wonder how many doujins of himself will the MC have to burn untill the ed of this season ?

Jarmel

Banned
Gargantia 1-

This was alright as well. I did like the opening space battle much more than the ones in Majestic Prince purely because there was a sense of strategy to the whole affair. It actually reminded me of Gunbuster to a small degree. I also liked some of the visual distortion done in the battle. The alien design was also kinda unique in that they seem to be based off of mollusks. Sakura where art thou? The second half was obviously setup but I was impressed with the small detail in regards to the main lead waiting till the hangar was empty before making his move. Actually showed some intelligence on his part. The colors are really the thing that strike me about the production in that they seem very vibrant and alive. I'm really looking forward to underwater segments and seeing what they do with coral. The soundtrack was acceptable in that it's rather somber.

Dennis

Banned
Gargantia 1 (Crosspost with the |OT|)

That was a fantastic first episode. My gut feeling about this show turned out to be right. And what fantastic visuals.

Dat art

Did I mention I like the art?

7Th

In terms of character design, there is no Zelda game that looks better than Wind Waker. Best Link, best Zelda, best Ganondorf, best everything.

duckroll

Has MJP got an OT yet? I know it will likely rot on the vine, but if there isn't one I'll totally throw one together. I want to at least say I tried to give this show my full backing.

I'm afraid to make an OT for it before a few episodes air because I don't want people to laugh at me. I'm very sensitive. ;_;

To get sort of back on-topic, what are the good mystery anime out there? Pretty sure I have a soft spot for this sort of thing but haven’t an idea how popular it is. Not talking about something like Hyouka either.

Detective Conan is pretty much the best there is at this, both in terms of the actual mysteries themselves, as well as the characters. There are certainly other good mystery anime, but DC stands a head above the rest.

trejo

As for Azazel san, how long is it?

There's a couple of OVAs and a 13 episode first season. The episodes are also half length so one could probably blow through them in no time.

With the second season just starting now is the perfect time to jump in!

yami4ct

I'm afraid to make an OT for it before a few episodes air because I don't want people to laugh at me. I'm very sensitive. ;_;

I'll take one for the team, Duckroll!

Now, if everyone wants to go ahead and quote up/link their impressions (Good and bad welcome of course) for me to throw into the Majestic Prince OT, I'd super appreciate it.

trejo

Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. 13

And so it starts (almost) and ends on the same note.

Amazing, this was extremely fun to marathon through. Lots of energy, very nice VA cast and I really liked the changes in art they used throughout the series. Even though it was mostly one arc after another, the stories were all pretty good and connected well with each other and watching them all. Now I'm only three OVA episodes to season 2.

Excellent. We Azazelbros now!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I am from Gaming. We don't quote screenshots.
So? I post on Gaming to but I have respect for fellow posters. Quote them or resize them. Don't be lazy.

Oh and I made a mistake earlier with my Link to the Past post thinking it was about the game. Zelda in that is just a plot device. Best Zelda is Spirit Tracks Zelda.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ginga e Kickoff - END

Well that was hard to watch, even if I take out the notion that their opponents are the best in the world, this is largely the same team that got tonked one sided 10-0 by the adult women's professional team.

Last two episodes aside, this was a fun show and the actual conclusion to the series was very well done.

You are taking this way too seriously. The last two episodes are basically fantasy driven bullshit, like Marvel vs Capcom or something. lol

As someone who doesn't watch sportsball, I just treated it as fanservice for football nerd kiddies. Like when Gretzky randomly showed up in The Mighty Ducks. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom