• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. OVA 02

3W9TvrZ.jpg

Ah, the story where Sakuma turns into another version of Akutabe. Completely amazing. It's funny too how this was basically the length of one full episode and it worked pretty well as well.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
For a board so supposedly open to all opinions and people, there sure is a hangup about incest and Oreimo. The show is pretty innocent. Its not even graphically depicting a relationship between brother and sister. Why the fuck do people have such a problem with this silly show?

GAF isn't a board supposedly open to all opinions and people, let's not lie to ourselves here. There are plenty of subjects that are looked down upon by the average member.

We as a community aren't even above looking down on other people's favorite forms of entertainment, despite being a gaming board. Freaking PlayStation fans look down on anime and MLP fans here like they're better than anyone, for Christ's sake.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
GAF isn't a board supposedly open to all opinions and people, let's not lie to ourselves here. There are plenty of subjects that are looked down upon by the average member.
One day I'll post my eroge reviews. One day.

cajunator

Banned

We as a community aren't even above looking down on other people's favorite forms of entertainment, despite being a gaming board. Freaking PlayStation fans look down on anime and MLP fans here like they're better than anyone, for Christ's sake.

I havent seen this to be the case. a lot of playstation fans like the same style of art and such that anime fans like and MLP fans seem like pretty well adjusted people.

Cuticle Detective Inaba Episode 5

Yuta x Noah OTP. Those two are perfect for each other.

Hot spring half was nice. Haruka proving himself to be a pro at doing nothing is quite worrisome, since I was hoping he wouldn't be the villain that gets sick very often. At least there was some background on his assistant, kinda felt since they were introduced that they were just flat characters. Lorenzo wearing a bath towel over his head was definitely disappointing, hopefully there's a glimpse of his real face later on. Ping pong match was great with Kei unlocking his true power by retorts. Found it rather nice of him to want to lose the match just so Inaba could be with his brother for the night.

cajunator

Banned
Well, I think most people have hang-ups about murder, too, and other illegal things that don't have social acceptance :p

incest is nowhere near the same level as murder...
Also incest is actually legal insome countries and states. I agree its controversial but its not completely illegal like murder or other far more horrible things.
I'm not a fan of it but if its two consenting adults who want to do it, who really gives a shit?

Making up for the fact they haven't got a reason to look down upon their Vita's screen.

Theres a better picture somewhere out there.

Doesn't seem to stop people from loving God of War and Uncharted games though. :(

I swear to god that Drake has killed more people than Kratos. The guys a mass murderer.

I guess its because of the way people think the issue effects the persons mind. When playing a shooting game people don't suddenly jump to conclusions that your going to kill someone, however if they caught you playing a game that involves incest they would certainly think something is wrong with you.

Brazil

I havent seen this to be the case. a lot of playstation fans like the same style of art and such that anime fans like and MLP fans seem like pretty well adjusted people.

That was just an example. Here's another one: every single time someone posts anything related to Senran Kagura, Atelier or Hyperdimension Neptunia, you get a lot of people calling everyone in the thread "pedophiles" and shit like that.

PopGAF members are also constantly ostracized.

We have a long way to go before reaching the "open to all opinions and tastes" status. A looong way.

Gargantia - 1

Now this was a good start! I love these kinds of premises that involve some kind of war-hero super soldier getting thrown out of his comfort zone and into some place where peace exists. It sets up very intriguing character interaction, which I love seeing in anime.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
incest is nowhere near the same level as murder...
Also incest is actually legal insome countries and states. I agree its controversial but its not completely illegal like murder or other far more horrible things.
I'm not a fan of it but if its two consenting adults who want to do it, who really gives a shit?
There are historic and biological reasons why we look down upon incest, mainly the fact that kids of incest couples are more likely to develop genetic deformities and that incest between different generations often results from the abuse of power of those in higher positions of authority.

cajunator

Banned
There are historic and biological reasons why we look down upon incest, mainly the fact that kids of incest couples are more likely to develop genetic deformities and that incest between different generations often results from the abuse of power of those in higher positions of authority.

wouldnt the latter just fall under sexual child abuse in general? also two people dont HAVE to have kids.

Noirulus

Just curious, why are you specifically criticizing PlayStation fans? Just about all of Gaming and OT seem to be quick to shun stigmatized forms of entertainment. :p

Brazil

Just curious, why are you specifically criticizing PlayStation fans? Just about all of Gaming and OT seem to be quick to shun stigmatized forms of entertainment. :p

I wasn't. I just felt like naming the ponies, and "PlayStation" just happened to be the first name to come to my mind.

Edit: Damn it, Narag.

duckroll

Sounds like some people have hang ups with people having different views. How shocking. Dealwithit. Not everyone is going to like everyone, and that's a good thing. If people have something to say that challenges your safety barriers, that's a good thing. The last think GAF should be is a circlejerk forum. I actively encourage people to have discerning views, even if I disagree. Sometimes you have to be prepared to take shit for it, or argue back, but debate is healthy, even if sometimes it makes people look down on others based on what they find acceptable or good.

Brazil

Sounds like some people have hang ups with people having different views. How shocking. Dealwithit. Not everyone is going to like everyone, and that's a good thing. If people have something to say that challenges your safety barriers, that's a good thing. The last think GAF should be is a circlejerk forum. I actively encourage people to have discerning views, even if I disagree. Sometimes you have to be prepared to take shit for it, or argue back, but debate is healthy, even if sometimes it makes people look down on others based on what they find acceptable or good.

You're spot on! I'm not arguing against this.

The point I was trying to make is simply that GAF is not a place where everyone accepts or respects most opinions or tastes openly like cajun seemed to imply.

cajunator

Banned
Watched about half of Oreimo S1 last night. It was a serious test of endurance.

Wait...HALF the episode?

Thats why I think its silly to keep closing Oreimo threads. They have a right to exist and arent hurting anyone or anything. Hell the spineless guy in the show wont even muster up the courage to make a move on any of the girls to begin with.

duckroll

Thats why I think its silly to keep closing Oreimo threads. They have a right to exist and arent hurting anyone or anything. Hell the spineless guy in the show wont even muster up the courage to make a move on any of the girls to begin with.

Most of the Oreimo threads get closed because they devolve into incest argument nonsense. Did you see the Gaming one? It got fucking weird. The fact remains that aside from the anime itself, very, very few people on GAF actually care about discussing a Japanese licensed anime game which will likely remain in Japan. The majority of the people who post in such a thread will be people who are confused, amused, or disgusted by their understanding of the concept.

I don't think that's very surprising!

Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. OVA 03

Angry Akutabe is Best Akutabe.

This was a fun episode especially since it seems to happen after the events of Season 1 I believe. Once again, the VAs are amazing with Koyasu as Lucifer is just amazing. I gotta say Akutabe wanting something is pretty awesome as well.

cajunator

Banned
Most of the Oreimo threads get closed because they devolve into incest argument nonsense. Did you see the Gaming one? It got fucking weird. The fact remains that aside from the anime itself, very, very few people on GAF actually care about discussing a Japanese licensed anime game which will likely remain in Japan. The majority of the people who post in such a thread will be people who are confused, amused, or disgusted by their understanding of the concept.

I don't think that's very surprising!

I suppose Gaf is just too immature to have any sort of enjoyable discussion about shows like that. Its kind of sad. People just need to grow the fuck up and get over things. I know thats being too optimistic. I really love this community. I dont want to leave Gaf. but sometimes its fucking infuriating.

kazebyaka

Banned
Guys, i know nothing about modern anime except that most of it sucks (opinion based on nothing). What can you recommend from spring 2013 anime for a guy who saw his last harem anime ten years ago and loves shounen and sports anime? Because, based on a chart, it all looks same to me. As long as it's not completely moronic and funny/serious, i'd be okay with it. Better if it's not procedural.

Cuticle Detective Inaba Episode 6

Well that was a surprise with Soumei appearing out of nowhere and calling himself Inaba and Haruka's dad. Him getting absolutely no respect from his comrades was a nice touch, almost makes up for no Don and his gang for this episode. Yuta spitting him out so casually and him looking like he's on the verge of death definitely was the highlight.

Didn't really care for the story at the end though.

Guys, i know nothing about modern anime except that most of it sucks (opinion based on nothing). What can you recommend from spring 2013 anime for a guy who saw his last harem anime ten years ago and loves shounen and sports anime? Because, based on a chart, it all looks same to me. As long as it's not completely moronic and funny/serious, i'd be okay with it. Better if it's not procedural.

Not all of it's from spring, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, the new Hunter x Hunter, Shingeki no Kyojin, and maybe Toriko. If you like Shounen, that should all be good.

Attack on Titan
Devil Survivor 2
Arata

Did you watch Kuroko's Basketball?

Dave1988

Gargantia ep. 01

As others have mentioned, the space battle part of the episode was indeed very purdy. The Earth segment not so much but I'm interested in what'll happen next so I'll keep on watching.

My Little Eldritch Abomination can't possibly be this Cute W ep. 01

Yup, it's more Nyaruko alright. There was a surprising amount of breaking the 4th wall in the ep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom