• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparrow's Hotel 1

rcJlz02.jpg
Did I step into a time machine and go back a decade? This looks like something straight out of the early 00s.

cajunator

Banned
This quest won't end til I reach episode 200!

I'm still near the beginning of Sailor moon R on that quest. You will blow right by me in all likelihood.
I'm rewatching Steins;Gate for the second time for example with one of my friends and there is other stuff to view before going back to Sailor Moon/Precure.

Kazzy

I'm still near the beginning of Sailor moon R on that quest. You will blow right by me in all likelihood.
I'm rewatching Steins;Gate for the second time for example with one of my friends and there is other stuff to view before going back to Sailor Moon/Precure.

Watching more than two shows concurrently would drive me insane. I get anxious about finishing things (-__-)

cajunator

Banned
Watching more than two shows concurrently would drive me insane. I get anxious about finishing things (-__-)

I am technically in the middle of about 50 shows including stuff I simply quit watching for a long time and stuff I'm rewatching. I have a pretty much lifetime backlog of anime to watch.

cajunator

Banned
well hidamari sketch 365 is on my current platter. There are worst things to watch after a long day at work = ___ =

Hidamari sketch is amazing stuff. all of it. Every fucking last second of squeejoy happiness.
Shaft simply cannot make enough of it. I need more. More more more more moreeeeeee

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hidamari sketch is amazing stuff. all of it. Every fucking last second of squeejoy happiness.
Shaft simply cannot make enough of it. I need more. More more more more moreeeeeee

I'm sad that we probably won't get an entire new Hidamari series until next year at the earliest. =/

if we agreed every single time it wouldn't be fun would it?

No, but I'm glad we agree on the Miyukichi. Sweetest voice of any seiyuu no matter what voice she's doing.

Shaft made the greatest SOL ever and it got 50+ episodes over the past five years. Life is good sometimes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Of course there's a difference. But there are tons of shows and light novels that throw girlfriends at useless nothings of male characters to justify their lonely lives and spineless personalities. Just like there are whole genres of chick lit about bland women finding rapturous romance with dashing, handsome men.

Exactly. I mean, Campione wasn't that long ago, and it's a show about a teenager who, thanks to a "series of events", becomes an immortal hero who winds up with a harem of women who have to kiss him to cast spells that help him in battle. Also he unconsciously attracts women because grandfather. The quality of the writing on its Wikipedia page alone tells you all you need to know.

Just because Kirito achieves his teenage wish fulfillment inside a special video game, instead of through some other completely contrived circumstance, doesn't make him any different from anyone else.

Until you've seen the first episode, there's really no way you can judge the show's premise though. It's not like any other harem show. If it was, I really wouldn't care. (Well, I would care, just not care as much as I do about SAO).

That said, it also stems from the fact that I have a great affinity with Welcome to the NHK and Genshiken, so to see something in 2013 be so regressive compared to shows many years its senior is also offensive on that level.

Although apparently I would hate Ready Player One, so maybe I just hate nerds in general.

Steroyd

Sparrow's Hotel - 01

RzSWLsh.jpg

Yes they are bewbs

Dang, I would have thought this was some old series if I hadn't seen this.

Q6vBrDY.gif

Interestingly, it's an adaptation of a series that started in 2008, which still doesn't excuse it looking like something you would find in the late 90's.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sparrow's Hotel - 01

http://i.imgur.com/RzSWLsh.jpg?1[IMG]
[I]Yes they are bewbs[/I]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Q6vBrDY.gif?1[IMG]

Interestingly, it's an adaptation of a series that started in 2008, which still doesn't excuse it looking like something you would find in the 90's.[/QUOTE]

Sparrow's Hotel looks like low-budget hentai, not like a 90s show.

Sparrow's Hotel - 01

RzSWLsh.jpg

Yes they are bewbs

Q6vBrDY.gif

Interestingly, it's an adaptation of a series that started in 2008, which still doesn't excuse it looking like something you would find in the late 90's.

that art... does it look good in motion?

13655187065542axgb.jpg

The actors are so much better looking than the rotoscoped characters - uncanny valley and stuff. Although they are still way too old for middle school students.

Sparrow's Hotel - 01

RzSWLsh.jpg

Yes they are bewbs

Q6vBrDY.gif

I might have to watch purely for these facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom