• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatami Galaxy - 06

Hanuki-san engrish was very engrish, as was OZ News. Go to hell Ozu!
What happened to Jougasaki? Maybe NSFW.
At first it was Excel Saga now its Eden of the East, Johnny is the star of this episode.
So much innuendo.
The MC maintained
his hard-protected chastity
as well as geting a castella out of this...things turned out pretty good right? Right?
Poor Johnny.

Chronoexe

Date a Live 02

It's really stupid, and I like it.

I'll watch this because now I'm addicted to Marina Inoue, and her "baka, baka" almost killed me.

My favorite assistant: The man with 100 waifus.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 49: The Darkness Deepens...

~ It is because of the sun called Prince Lohengramm that the other planets shine. ~

6X3lw9i.jpg

Thet banter between Yang and Julian was a relaxing break after the intensely military episodes about the Rantemario assault. LOL at Greenhill saying "I used to be famous for my quick hands". I wonder when the Earth Cult is gonna get their focus, for now I only know them through tangential connections with other events. Seems like they're a hidden connection between the Truniht administration and the old Phezzan governorship.
Merkatz is finally joining the Alliance fleet proper. Great, his skills were wasting away with the Kaiser.
Reinhard has to take some sick days. He seems to have taken a liking to Emil.

/XX/

I haven't really been following the news on it as much as others so regarding the new, or continuation of, Saint Seiya Omega, has it been announced how many episodes it will be? Another 50 or so again or less this time?
No, it's unknown at this point. The first season itself never received an official episode count either before we got the second season announced.
Well, true it is unknown (I think they didn't mention a thing at the recent TAF event for the next series), but as the new one is on the same prelude time segment to the tv asahi's SUPER HERO TIME channel block on Sundays (http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/anime/), we can assume it will have exactly the same amount of episodes... as it is tradition.

It's Aaron Sorkin doing his best Kawahara impression. lol
If only we could have seen him imprint some of that lighter idealism he likes to a series like House of Cards instead! Am I right? :p

Please, I was just kidding... don't try to hit me!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dammit. I've been up all night and I'm really tired, but Aiura starts in half an hour...should probably wait for that at least (yes I know I can watch it any time, shut up).

Dresden

Danny Choo, now totally official.

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that the Japanese government has appointed me as a member of the "Creative Industries Internationalization Committee" [クリエイティブ産業国際展開懇談会].

I feel kinda bad that most of the slides seem to be about peddling showcasing his Mirai Suenaga character thing. Proliferating the culture of Japan.

An anime production committee would probably answer that they would not be able to sell the rights to a distributor in your region if you continued to download content for free. The thing is that I know the rate that some overseas distributors pay for an anime licence which can turn out to be as low as 300,000 yen for a season (13 episodes) of anime - depends on the title though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What about yuyushiki?

Yeah, that too, of course. That's at 4PM, though. I could maybe fit in some sleep before then...or just sleep and watch it whenever the hell I wake up.

It's so bright and sunny and warm out, though. Sleeping would feel like a waste of a beautiful day (I'm still getting over the shitty winter we had up here...nice days like this are amazing to me right now, heh).

Crunchyroll got Photo Kano.

Photo Kano is set to broadcast every Thursday starting on April 11th at 10:00 am Pacific Time for its premium and free members.

PHOTO KANO will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.

The series page will be up soon at www.crunchyroll.com/photokano

NeonZ

Well, true it is unknown (I think they didn't mention a thing at the recent TAF event for the new series), but as the new series is on the same prelude time segment to the tv asahi's SUPER HERO TIME channel block on Sundays (http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/anime/), we can assume it will have exactly the same amount of episodes... as it is tradition.

Don't forget that Omega debuted right after the half year second (third?) season of Digimon XWars though. There's no solid tradition for that timeslot.

BluWacky

An anime production committee would probably answer that they would not be able to sell the rights to a distributor in your region if you continued to download content for free. The thing is that I know the rate that some overseas distributors pay for an anime licence which can turn out to be as low as 300,000 yen for a season (13 episodes) of anime - depends on the title though.

That's a bit of an ambiguous statement, though. Does that 300,000 yen buy you streaming rights, physical release rights on both DVD and BluRay, broadcast rights etc.? Is that a recoupable advance against royalties (assuming that there are royalties paid on anime licensing deals? I'd assume so, but you never know)? And what country is this we're talking about?

The numbers don't match up with the average figures suggested by Justin Sevakis last year for even a streaming license, but then presumably Justin is using figures as an average rather than, say, the cost of licensing 11eyes or something equally uninteresting and unlikely to sell.

cajunator

Banned
That's a bit of an ambiguous statement, though. Does that 300,000 yen buy you streaming rights, physical release rights on both DVD and BluRay, broadcast rights etc.? Is that a recoupable advance against royalties (assuming that there are royalties paid on anime licensing deals? I'd assume so, but you never know)? And what country is this we're talking about?

The numbers don't match up with the average figures suggested by Justin Sevakis last year for even a streaming license, but then presumably Justin is using figures as an average rather than, say, the cost of licensing 11eyes or something equally uninteresting and unlikely to sell.

That link to ANN reminded me that Inu X boku SS just released on bluray and I need it asap.
Actually, I need Railgun too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aiura 1

So this was way shorter than I'd expected. 4 minutes, with a minute and a half of that being OP/ED. Hopefully in subsequent episodes they'll skip out on, or at least shorten, the OP.

Anyway, the show itself...it's nice. The backgrounds are REALLY nice, and the animation is about what you'd expect for a SOL short.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the same people who did Wooser were responsible for this, if the credits are anything to go on.

Darker than Suou 2

iZdIJZwZuEkry.jpg

Get a full shot of the hetero kiss but not one of the purest love? This show really is awful.

Fugitive Suou gonna fugitive with some great fights that were better than a lot of the ones last season. Something tells me I should have watched the OVAs/specials first because holy shit Hei has been through quite a lot since I last saw him.

Taruranto

Darker than Suou 2

Fugitive Suou gonna fugitive with some great fights that were better than a lot of the ones last season. Something tells me I should have watched the OVAs/specials first because holy shit Hei has been through quite a lot since I last saw him.

All i see it's a blank post. Weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom